Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My hubby is two inches shorter then me and I wouldn't change him for the world!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Are you attracted to women taller than you?

ETA: And no, I don't typically go for shorter guys, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

this...but it would be very very tough for a guy to be shorter than my 5'2 self! ;) even so, I tend to only be attracted to taller men. But if a shorter guy had an awesome personality, and I was attracted to him...well, who cares!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    6 foot here - if the perfect man for me happened to be shorter than I am (which is entirely possible considering my height), I wouldn't mind.
  • sweetbaker77
    Options
    That would be scary since I'm about 5' 0"
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My husband is same height as me, 5 8, he loves when I wear heels! we have been married 21 yrs august and all the guys I dated that were really tall before him were tools. height has nothing to do with it, if your an *kitten*, your an *kitten*.
  • HealthierAndFitterMe
    HealthierAndFitterMe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10 . so i usually date someone taller . same height as me , or a bit , bit shorter .
  • ShannRenae
    ShannRenae Posts: 54
    Options
    Ok, so my height has worked against me on several occasions. I never pursue a woman taller than 5'6" because of my height. I assume shorter guys are not on their radar, plus short girls make me feel taller.

So i ask, am I wrong to assume that, would you date someone shorter than you?

Ur assumption maybe correct....Im 5,7 & I just can't date a person shorter than me...I need sum1 thats at least 6ft or ova....when I put on 5 in heels I am 6ft myself
  • indescribablesin
    Options
    I'd like to answer 'yes I would,' but honestly the concept of a guy shorter than me when I'm not even five feet tall is so outrageous that I can't even imagine it.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If I were single, I would definitely date someone my height (5'7") or a little shorter.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am right now. I'm 5'4 he's 5'1... :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", my husband is 5'4.5". When people ask i just say he's big where it counts ;)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my height has worked against me on several occasions. I never pursue a woman taller than 5'6" because of my height. I assume shorter guys are not on their radar, plus short girls make me feel taller.

I'm with this guy. I'm only 5'7"...and my glass ceiling seems to be 5'5" lol.
  • Skinny_Bella
    Skinny_Bella Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3(maybe 5'4? Haven't been measured in YEARS), so I am pretty short. But I'd have to say, I don't think I could date a guy shorter than 5'9. I do like my men on the taller side...
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options

It completely depends on the man/woman. I've dated guys that were shorter than I am (and I am 6' tall btw) and it never bothered me as long as I knew THEY weren't bothered by it. I actually found their confidence quite attractive Lol the fact that they weren't afraid to pursue me got them points. but I've dated taller men too because some guys who were shorter than I am wouldn't go out with me because THEY didn't like the height difference.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I have dated shorter men. Once I dated a guy and didn't notice he was short than me until he got distressed one night when I accidentally wore heels.
  • bonjourdiva
    Options
    At 4'11" everyone is taller than me. LOL. My husband is 6'0" and I love that.
  • jackiechafe
    jackiechafe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the guy. I'm pretty short as is (5'4") but if it's the right guy then it's fine. All have my boyfriends have been about the same height as me and I don't mind.

I have a friend who is 5'11" and won't date anyone shorter than her. She feels awkward leaning down to kiss a guy.

It's really just preference I believe.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Probably not, but I'm barely 5'2. As the friend of the above poster said, I would feel awkward leaning down to kiss a guy. Leaning down to place my head on his shoulder or chest, same thing.

I know it's shallow, but even a few inches looks odd to me. There's only a 6" difference here but I just couldn't do it -

5plyxy.jpg
  • sophia5_k
    sophia5_k Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Honeslty no....I'm 5'8 and I don't want short children. Plus if I wear heels I will look like a giant next to a short man.