Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my height has worked against me on several occasions. I never pursue a woman taller than 5'6" because of my height. I assume shorter guys are not on their radar, plus short girls make me feel taller.

So i ask, am I wrong to assume that, would you date someone shorter than you?

yes, i would.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    At 5'2" not many are shorter than me, so I probably wouldn't. My ex husband is only 5'5" and his height never bothered me. My partner is 6'3" and it doesn't bother me either.
  • eemielwy
    eemielwy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my height has worked against me on several occasions. I never pursue a woman taller than 5'6" because of my height. I assume shorter guys are not on their radar, plus short girls make me feel taller.

So i ask, am I wrong to assume that, would you date someone shorter than you?

My ex was 5'5". I'm 5'11". The height difference really didn't play a part in my attraction to him.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am only 5ft so it is slim pickings for men shorter than me, so no, I usually date taller!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't sorry. i usually already feel like a she hulk around most other women, i dont want to feel like i could squish my man too. i'd like to feel dainty at least some time during the day :laugh:

oh yeah i'm 5'5 so not tall but i've been mistaken for taller i think because of how i carry myself
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I might, but honestly it's a turn off for a guy to be shorter than me. I strongly prefer men 6'2" or over. I'm almost 5'8". I'd overlook it if I was really drawn to him despite that though...

Nor would I be offended if someone didn't want to date me because I was too tall / short / slim / fat / whatev...some peoples preferences are stronger than others.
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Being 5'4 means most men are taller...Gotta say I love gettin' on tip toes for a kiss. However, I wouldn't mind being eye to eye barefoot....if he didn't mind me being 4 inches taller in my heels.

OP - It's really about you! If you are attracted to a girl taller than you, go for it! Life is too damn short!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2... so excuse me for being shallow here, but no. Then again, it's not very hard to be taller than I. I would date a guy 5'4 and above, probably. Good luck, OP.

:drinker:
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Sadly no I prolly wouldnt (and I havnt) maybe if he was perfect in every other way (and by perfect I mean has all the other qualities that matter to me) but I have yet to see it. Im 5'7 and my husband is 5'11 or 6'0. My mom though is 5'8 and my dad was 5'3 (i say was because hes now much closer to 5'0. yes hes shrinking... ) Nothing really against shorter men, i have no legit reason for not dating them.

OP Id still give it a go with taller women. There are prolly a lot of tall women missing out on great men :)
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have dated guys that were exactly my height (5'4") and my husband is only 5'8" so I guess I'm not against dating short men.
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would there is nothing more sexy then a confident man, I am 5'6 height has never been a issue, there are probably other great qualities that he has that over powers all that.
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'9 and my husband is 5'6. Never bothered me, he hates when I wear heels though lol!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am into awesome people. I am 5'6" .. I have dated people that were 6'4" that carried themselves short and 5'9" and he was king **** where ever he walked.. and I loved it ... I felt equal in size to the tall guy and felt safe and secure by the "shorter one"..

If you are all man .. I think that's all that matters..
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Nope, never. Sorry :(
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes! I like short men, actually. I am 5'5 and my husband is 5'4. If I wear heels I tower over him, but he thinks its "hot" and "sexy" when I do wear heels. So it doesn't bother me at all. Oh, and Seth green is one of my celebrity crushes, so yea...he's short and I love him to pieces.
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    I am not really into short guys, BUT I met my now husband online (so I didn't know how tall he was), but when we met in person, he was so incredible that the height isn't even an issue! Unless I want to wear heels. I feel like an amazon woman when I am with him in heels, so flats it is! :)
  • csummer8882
    csummer8882 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Since I am barely 5 feet tall....um...no I would not date someone shorter than me. LOL
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've seen short guy/tall girl couples. It looks a bit funny to me but I also see their reasoning. The world is not perfect and why deprive yourself of happiness in pursuit of something that does not exist, which is perfection.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    No, I probably wouldn't date someone shorter than me, but I'm 5'0"; it'd be pretty hard to find a man that's shorter than me :tongue:
  • KRFinLeth
    KRFinLeth Posts: 22
    Options
    Absolutely.