How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Turquoise2
    Options
    Once a month...I'd go crazy if I did it weekly or daily.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Wake up, bathroom, scale....

Yes ma'am, this is the routine!
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself and rely on my tape measure and how my clothes fit. The doesn't show the inches I'm losing.

this, mostly. The tape measure never lies. Neither do my clothes. I bought a scale a few months ago and would get upset if it didn't "say" what I wanted to "hear". It went into the garbage within a few days LOL

I do use the scale at the gym, maybe 1 or 2x a month to get a general reference number. If the tape measurements are getting smaller, the actual weight number is just icing on the cake.
  • Way2Blue4You
    Options
    Each & every day, twice a day. I do it twice (morning & evening) so I can pick my favorite to record for the day LOL (to the person who posted about screaming in frustration over water-weight, I totally feel ya on THAT one gurl!)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday, now it's once a month.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Today marks day 100 of not weighing myself. No desire to do so either. So, I guess my answer is 'never'.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    daily, after potty, first thing in the morning, nekkid.

Then I chart it on a spreadsheet.
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh every morning after I get out of bed and use the restroom. But I only log the Wednesday #

Angel
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually a Sunday morning straight after my morning wee!!
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    like once a month if that LOL
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A lot. All the time. it keeps me on track.

I feel like I've posted on this before.. but that might have been a different one..
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Everyday.

Morning. After Pee. After Poop. Lightest clothes I own. Before Breakfast. Exhaling. Make sure I am not holding my cellphone.
  • losingitincollege
    losingitincollege Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Two times a week--maximum.

Official weigh in is Sunday. Midweek weigh in on Thursday if I decide to do one. (My weight fluctuates too much on a day to day basis for me to check everyday).
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I only log (losses) every couple of weeks or so...
  • osuchick_77
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only log it on Fridays! It helps to keep me on track or see what days I may need to workout more to reach my goals!
  • ElderMae
    ElderMae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everyday without fail. Keeps me focused on the end game.
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    maybe 2-3 times a week... i get up, go pee, get naked and step on that sucker and get mad every damn time.
  • tinkbell371
    Options
    Once a week
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Everyday, 3 times a day. Two of those weigh-ins are important if you are working out. Please hear me out :huh: .

You should weigh yourself right before you workout--doesn't matter what time of day it is, if you've already had breakfast and lunch that day, etc. The reason for this is to replace water that you have sweat out during your workout. After your workout, weigh yourself again. Drink 2 cups of water (16oz) for every pound you "lost." This is to rehydrate you. So if you "lost" 1 1/2 pounds during your workout, drink 3 cups of water (24oz). Make sure you are weighing yourself RIGHT before you workout, not using the weight from that morning if you are an afternoon or evening workout person. There's been times I "lost" 2lbs from a workout!

So that's 2 times a day. I said I weigh myself 3 times a day. I workout after work, so I do those weigh-ins late in the day. I do a morning weigh-in as well. This one is not important, but I choose to do it anyway. I'll be honest, years ago it used to drive me crazy seeing the scale flucuate from water weight and me thinking I had actually "gained" 2 pounds when there was no way I had ate 7,000 EXTRA calories that day/day before. Even though I knew it was water weight, my mind still wouldn't grasp it. Thankfully, now it does. So right now I know I have 3lbs of water weight from not eating the right thing for dinner the past 2 nights, and it reminds me to NOT EAT IT AGAIN! (Domino's pizza. :embarassed: ) Not because my "weight" went up, but because it is unhealthy, makes me bloat, and doesn't help me get anywhere near my goal. And while it tasted yummy, I felt horrible after. Not guilty horrible (well, yeah that too), but physically horrible. I've been eating clean for several months and after having that crap, my body was like, "what the hell is this, dog food??" I only log my losses once I have seen the same lower number several days in a row.

Sorry for the digression :yawn: .
  • sulci
    sulci Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am trying to only do it once a week, on Saturday morning to keep myself accountable thru the weekend. However it's very hard and sometimes I cheat and weigh myself throughout the week! Only log once a week.