Today I Burnt ______ Calories Doing _____!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 378 calories on the elliptical and hitting/kicking the punching bag.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    today I burnt 765 calories doing 35 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes biking and 40 minutes strength training.

Can anyone help me understand what the difference is in strength training and circuit training? I've just noticed that there is a HUGE variance in the calories listed for the them.

Strength training is more anaerobic and causes more hypertrophy or strength development, depending on the rep/set range. Circuit training is more aerobic and results in less of the above. Both use weights.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Today I burnt 785 calories doing 90 minutes of lifting, 25 minutes on the elliptical, and 3 sets of abs.
    I have had to take a lot of time off because I had a powerlifting competition last night...which I won! :bigsmile: I benched 130, beat the record for my weight class by 30 lbs and matched the overall female record (which is held by someone in the 150-200 weight class). I could've done 135 but ran out of attempts, oops :)
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    583 calories doing high impact aerobics for an hour
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 785 calories doing 90 minutes of lifting, 25 minutes on the elliptical, and 3 sets of abs.
    I have had to take a lot of time off because I had a powerlifting competition last night...which I won! :bigsmile: I benched 130, beat the record for my weight class by 30 lbs and matched the overall female record (which is held by someone in the 150-200 weight class). I could've done 135 but ran out of attempts, oops :)

Awesome!
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    Today i Burnt 868 cals doing the elipticle treadmill kickboxing and walking.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I burnt 461 calories walking. I am doing 3 miles now.:bigsmile:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i have only burnt 170 calories walking on the treadmill better than nothing, ophhh then i went and sweated in the sweat box does that count for something?????im not sure ???LOL:ohwell:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Today i burnt 967 calories swimming for 55 min and doing an aquaerobic class of 60 min
    for a total of 2 hours in the water .. eeekkk...

happy burning !!
    may
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,
    Well, I got myself on the elliptical this morning at 5:25 am and burnt 501 cal (50 mins).
    I'm glad I did it early, good way to start the day.

Have a good exercise day!
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    Today I burnt 350 by running 20 minutes and walking 5 minutes and stretching 5 and doing 3 sets of squats, and 100 crunches !!!! wheww. i may just one day look like the dang lady on my picture lol
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i burnt 450 calories on the treadmill for 45 minutes and also did 30 minutes of weights :happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Today I burnt 285 calories doing 75 minutes of lifting...took it very easy, trying to get over a stupid cold :grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 670 calories on the elliptical and also did some strength training, not sure how many that burned.