Whats YOUR ideal breakfast?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• miniginge
    miniginge Posts: 5
    Options
    breakfast is my favorite meal! i believe it's pretty important to eat it as well.

1. oatmeal topped with cinnamon and fresh fruit (strawberries or bananas)
    2. whole wheat english muffin with cooked egg whites and raw spinach (maybe a little cheese too).
    3. Chobani greek yogurt-apple cinnamon flavor is the best, topped with granola and maybe fruit.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I eat a granola bar and some kind of fruit or cheese, but I would love to have McDonalds breakfast every day. I love McDonalds breakfast!

I wake up at 7am. I eat breakfast at 10am.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon.
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Quaker oat so simple porridge ,,,preferably the sultana, raisin and cranberry flavour, with semi skimmed milk and a cup of coffee....or 2, although I am trying to reduce the coffee, as I want to try to flatten my tummy a bit.

I have a cookbook also that recommends a mixture of oats, pecans, flax oil, honey lemon and yoghurt ...and that's quite nice too :)
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Favorite meal Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, beans, toast...I have this maybe once a month, and call it "my trucker breakfast'

most other days, it's cereal and fruit, or a toasted egg sammich.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    During the week I wake up around 6:45 a.m. and have a cup of chocolate soy milk around 7:00.

On the weekends I usually skip breakfast.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    G-rated version would be eggs n bacon!
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Chocolate Oatmeal (I save it for special occasions), recipe adapted from chocolatecoveredkatie.com

1 ripe banana, sliced/mashed (doesn't matter, since it will caramelize)
    1/2 cup rolled (not quick) oats
    1 cup water (or milk/milk alternative)

Combine above ingredients & cook in a pot, rice cooker, or microwave.

Stir in:
    1 T unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
    1/2 T unsweetened dark cocoa powder (I use Hershey's Special Dark)
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 pkt (or tablespoon) stevia (I use Truvia, you could also use table sugar)
    pinch of salt
    5-10 dark chocolate chips (optional, but delicious)

Yum. Yum. Yum. :D
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    Egg white omelet with tomatoes, onions, feta cheese and mushrooms. Spinach too if available. It's very low fat, quite filling and super delicious.

I also like variety too and foods that taste good within moderation.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    two eggs, two slices of either reduced sodium ham or canadian bacon, a little bit of mild cheddar either on an english muffin or a flat bread. That with a cup of earl gray/cream is 309 calories and 26g of protein and I'm rarely hungry before lunch. I don't eat it every day but I have to have my eggs.
  • LiZzie1917
    LiZzie1917 Posts: 65
    Options
    I've been looking into paleo myself. I am going to miss my beans. So far so good since I have major sensitivities to grains and yeast. I've eliminated all breads. I feel a world of difference better and down 15 lbs but have plateaued.
  • missyisrad
    Options
    During the work week my breakfast is usually a a cup of coffee and a banana. I also eat a slice of wheat toast topped with peanut butter or plain greek yogurt with a touch of honey.

During the weekend I am able to cook so I usually make soyrizo and egg whites.
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg & 4 egg whites scrambled over 1 slice whole wheat toast, 1 glass of skim milk, and a piece of fruit (whatever looked good when I was grocery shopping) or...

Greek yogurt mixed with berries (fresh when possible, or frozen mixed), topped with 1/3 cup all bran buds or homemade granola

oh.....and a cup of nice dark roast coffee, black
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Not sure how "ideal" it is but its a favorite to-go in the a.m.:

hot & spicy soysage on whole wheat toast & oj
  • Trindli
    Trindli Posts: 4
    Options
    I mostly have some cereal with fruit and three spoonfull of yoghurt. I change the cereal, so it doesn't get boring, right now I have the multrigrain hot cereal ( i don't eat it hot though) from Trader Joe's.

I hardly ever eat a salty breakfast, I only have a craving for eggs when I have a hangover.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Ideal? As in my favorite?

Eggs Benedict, hands down.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ideal? As in my favorite?

Eggs Benedict, hands down.

Had it when we went out last weekend. So good,
    but I hated to log it.

I usually drink an 8oz glass of Hot and Spicy V8
    Juice (low sodium) and take my fish oil and cinnamon
    capsules. That holds me over for a couple of hours until
    I eat lunch.
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love to have Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup granola, 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, and fresh blueberries or dried cranberries. It's so delicious! : )