Replies

• jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    last week - 257
    this week - 254
    lost - 3 pounds
    percentage - 1.18%

I have lost 18.33% of my starting weight so far!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    OK ladies, I am having problems again. I am a yo yo when it comes to weight loss and gain..when i get into the grind I get down and exercise like 4 times a week and the weight comes right off me..then I get into the state I am in right now...laziness. I don't know why but I just stop, and my weight loss of course comes to a halt, no weight gain right now but no loss what so ever.

I am going to make a small goal to try to get into the gym once this week, and on two other days do some sort of activity...just to get back on track again. Any suggestions friends?

Andrea
    I can completely relate.Its almost like your burnt out on exercise and eating right.Best thing I can tel you to do is try really hard to stick with it even if you don't feel like it do it anyways.Find something to motivate you to exercise and eat right.Take it from someone who had lost almost 50 pounds total only to fall off the wagon for 3 months and gained 20 of those 50 pounds back.Now I am back to my old routine and the pounds are melting off and I don't want to have to go back to losing them a thrid time so I am sticking with it even if it kills me.My motivation is being able to fit back into a size 4 again.Right now I am in a 16 so I have a ways to go and when I was 20 pounds lighter than I am now I could squeeze into a 14 so I am mad at myself for letting myself go back to old habits but I am using that anger to fuel my exercise and weight loss program.Good Luck Girl you can do it and you are!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    last week 234
    this week 229.8
    I am happy with my results and I know how now to get the weight off!! EXERCISE IS THE KEY!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
  • awestfall
    Options
    last week - 257
    this week - 254
    lost - 3 pounds
    percentage - 1.18%

I have lost 18.33% of my starting weight so far!!
    Jenn you can see in your face that you have lost quite a bit of weight.JUst wanted to say you look amazing keep it up!!!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Wow you girls have done great this week.

jlb123- your percentage for this week is .74%!! that is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not worry about going from dial to digital, I did the same thing when I first started and there was a 10 pound difference. Keep up the good work you have lost 2 pounds no matter what a scale says. Good for you!!

afergason-great job on 2 pounds lost your percentage of weight loss for the week is .72%

andrea, hope you are having fun!! Weight loss percentage for the week is 1.26582%

Jenn, you did so well this week and your percentage is 1.18%(wow) awestfall is right you can really see a difference in your face, Keep up the great work!!!!!

I of course am at 0%

lstpaul, has not posted, we are still thinking about you and your aunt !:flowerforyou:

trikstar, where are you, you usually post your weight.

awestfall, you have done so wonderful this week. I am sooooooooooooooooooo proud of you. Your percentage of weight loss this week is ...........................1.74% Holy Cow you are our biggest loser this week. So you decide for us what our challenge is. Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really proud of everyone, you have all motivated me to keep going. Thanks!!!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Happy Saturday Morning to All my Girls,:flowerforyou:

I just wanted to post some thoughts I was having this morning. First, I am a bit dissapointed because I wanted to hit 40 pounds by my birthday. I have 4. something pounds to go. My birthday is next thursday(which I share with my oldest daughter) I realize that is probably not going to happen so I am not going to be discouraged. At least I am coming close. My husband keeps reminding me that I am still successful and I am coming so close to my goal, that I should still be proud. I do a lot of "cheating" on the weekends. No where near the way I use to eat. Not even close. But still too much and it makes my weight loss much slower. I am making a commitment not to "cheat" at all this weekend. Next Thursday, I can't promise or commit to not having some cake and a steak dinner. But I will commit to doing this within reason and making much better choices for breakfast and dinner. I also commit to even though I am having cake I will stay below my maintenance calories. In addition to My daughter and I sharing a b-day. My youngest girl has one 3 days later. So again there will be bad food choices we only have 1 cake for all 3, but daddy makes her his special cookies(and oh are they special, yum). But I again will commit to not over endulging. This is my last birthday in my 30's and I want to take that last year and do something good for myself. Next year when I turn 40 I will be one hot looking 40 year old. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for listening, I thought maybe if I made these commitments out loud so to speak I would feel more motivated to keep them.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ok well first I would like to say GREAT JOB LADIES on all your hard work this week. This week I am going to say are challenge is lifting weights for at least 15 minutes a day on top of are regular cardio work outs.Even if they are small weights 15 minutes ladies ok.We need to tone up and look great.I am back and losing more than ever and I want my girls to do the same.Thanks to all of you I got my motivation and inner strength back and I am so thankful to all of you who support me.So now its my turn to support again.GOOD LUCK to you all and know I am rooting for you.By the way I got 2 hours in again on my elliptical but I didn't eat so great today but I know with the exercise I did I did ok for the day.Tomorrow will be better I know.GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND GOOD NIGHT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options

I just wanted to post some thoughts I was having this morning. First, I am a bit dissapointed because I wanted to hit 40 pounds by my birthday. I have 4. something pounds to go. My birthday is next thursday(which I share with my oldest daughter) I realize that is probably not going to happen so I am not going to be discouraged. At least I am coming close. My husband keeps reminding me that I am still successful and I am coming so close to my goal, that I should still be proud. I do a lot of "cheating" on the weekends. No where near the way I use to eat. Not even close. But still too much and it makes my weight loss much slower. I am making a commitment not to "cheat" at all this weekend. Next Thursday, I can't promise or commit to not having some cake and a steak dinner. But I will commit to doing this within reason and making much better choices for breakfast and dinner. I also commit to even though I am having cake I will stay below my maintenance calories. In addition to My daughter and I sharing a b-day. My youngest girl has one 3 days later. So again there will be bad food choices we only have 1 cake for all 3, but daddy makes her his special cookies(and oh are they special, yum). But I again will commit to not over endulging. This is my last birthday in my 30's and I want to take that last year and do something good for myself. Next year when I turn 40 I will be one hot looking 40 year old. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for listening, I thought maybe if I made these commitments out loud so to speak I would feel more motivated to keep them.
    Momma what you could do since you know you are going to have some probably high cal foods you could exercise a bit more during the day and eat a bit lighter for breakfast and lunch so you can enjoy (not overindulge) your dinner without worries.Maybe add an extra 30 minutes or so to your exercise routine.Good Luck I believe in you :flowerforyou:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Momma don't be disappointed you are doing great, and it sounds like you have a great husband who agrees. I believe in you and in your ability to overcome these temptations, this is motivating me to also challenge myself this week to not eat after 9. Good luck to you momma we love you.

Andrea
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Awww thanks guys, you are so great.
  • Momma2four
    Options

Momma don't be disappointed you are doing great, and it sounds like you have a great husband who agrees. I believe in you and in your ability to overcome these temptations, this is motivating me to also challenge myself this week to not eat after 9. Good luck to you momma we love you.

Andrea

I do have a great husband:blushing: He and I have been together for 17 years. When we got together I was 22 thin and hot. He treats me like I am still those things (except now he has me wash his clothes:laugh: ) He is so supportive and has never made me feel bad, even though I have gained well over 120 pounds since we got together. I know he prefers me thin (just because when we met I was thin, all his ex's were thin) , but loves me regardless. We are best friends. I find that I love him more and more the longer we are together. Sorry I just love to brag on my honey:heart:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Okay, I cheated. I weighed again this morning. :blushing: I couldn't help myself.

I'm afraid I'm losing weight too fast. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing (eating around 1300-1400 calories/day and exercising 30-60 minutes/day 5-6 days/week) & see what happens by Friday weigh-in?

I put on these last 40-50 pounds fairly quickly (over 3 years) so I do expect those to come off relatively quickly, but not this fast. According to my old dial scale, I've lost 8-9 pounds in 5 days. :noway: And according to my new digital scale, I've lost 3.8 pounds since Friday weigh-in (over just Friday and Saturday). I'm sure a lot of it is water weight, it has to be, but I'm still a little startled. Any thoughts?

On a much more awesome note, I decided to try on a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear in a couple of months and THEY FIT! :happy: I had just tried them on last week and there was no way I was going to be able to wear them but today they even fit well enough for me to wear them in public this afternoon! :laugh:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in,
    last week 238.6
    this week 237.7
    down .9 for .37%

I did manage to lose a little even though I didn't get all my exercise in. It was a very tough week. My very dear Aunt passed away very peacefully yesterday morning after being in a coma for a week after having a massive stroke. I was glad that I was with her, with my mom and another niece. It's going to be another tough week with the funeral, my kids are really struggling with this since she was like another Grandma to them. So I'm not going to expect too much from myself this week, I'm sure I will be short on exercise time - but I'm going to try to get in as much as I can since it helps me feel better. My eating has been kind of odd, nothing and then everything. I'll just have to try to manage it as best I can.
    Thanks for everyone's support.

jlb123: It sounds like you are doing great. I personally can't do that low of calories - I stick to around 1600-1700. But if you are able to stick with it and aren't overly hungry - it sounds like you are doing fine. Keep it up!

Momma2four: You are doing great! Don't let it discourage you that you didn't quite make your birthday goal ... look at all you HAVE accomplished already! I can't wait until my weight loss total is close to yours. Enjoy your birthday, it sounds like you have a good plan. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Happy Birthday week!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Monday morning all,

lstpaul, we are all very sorry to hear about your Aunt. Our sympathies to you and your family! I think .9 is great. That is almost a pound and that is what we are suppose to do. I would not be too hard on myself this week. You do what you gotta do and let your self have some time to mourn.:flowerforyou:

jlb123 the first couple of weeks you are going to find that the weight is coming off quick. If you are able to keep your self from feeling deprived at that calorie intake then I say go for it. Good luck

Well, girls I am not dissappointed this week. I am good. I feel strong and ready to go. I just got back from a long walk and it was just beautiful here this morning. We had some rain last night but it all cleared up so the streets were wet the sky was blue and the temps were in the high 60's and it was great. I feel good. I am off to do my daily chores as well as getting kids to doctors appointments. Have a great day and I will check back with you all this afternoon.......
  • awestfall
    Options
    Well I conquered another 2 hours of elliptical training today and I must say I feel amazing.How is everyone else doing?
  • awestfall
    Options
    checking in,
    last week 238.6
    this week 237.7
    down .9 for .37%

I did manage to lose a little even though I didn't get all my exercise in. It was a very tough week. My very dear Aunt passed away very peacefully yesterday morning after being in a coma for a week after having a massive stroke. I was glad that I was with her, with my mom and another niece. It's going to be another tough week with the funeral, my kids are really struggling with this since she was like another Grandma to them. So I'm not going to expect too much from myself this week, I'm sure I will be short on exercise time - but I'm going to try to get in as much as I can since it helps me feel better. My eating has been kind of odd, nothing and then everything. I'll just have to try to manage it as best I can.
    Thanks for everyone's support.

jlb123: It sounds like you are doing great. I personally can't do that low of calories - I stick to around 1600-1700. But if you are able to stick with it and aren't overly hungry - it sounds like you are doing fine. Keep it up!

Momma2four: You are doing great! Don't let it discourage you that you didn't quite make your birthday goal ... look at all you HAVE accomplished already! I can't wait until my weight loss total is close to yours. Enjoy your birthday, it sounds like you have a good plan. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Happy Birthday week!
    Sorry to hear of your loss.I will keep you and your family in my prayers.GOD BLESS YOU AND MAY HE KEEP YOU>
  • melisss
    Options
    do you guys have room for one more?
  • Momma2four
    Options
    do you guys have room for one more?

Absolutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome. We weigh in on fridays. Our challenge for this week is to try and fit 15 minutes of strength training in each day. (lifting small weights) We also check our percentage of weight loss and whoever is the highest gets to pick the next weeks challenge.

Here is the website we use to check our percentage.

http://www.menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

We look forward to getting to know you:flowerforyou:
  • melisss
    Options
    Thank you! I look forward to getting to know you guys too.:smile:

I guess I'll give a little info about myself. I recently turned 24, I'm 5'8" my start weight is 221 and I guess friday will be my next weigh in, I started last week so I am hoping to loose 2 lbs. My goal weight I have set for is 150, but I would be so happy to be under 200. I'm hoping to start the new year at 190.

Thanks for reading :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great today! Logging my food has opened my eyes so much. I'm really learning which foods are nutritious *and* delicious! I'm quite a foodie and I do not intend to ever just "eat to live." I want to enjoy food and I'm finding it's very possible to do that and be healthy at the same time. That's something I've never realized before.

It's taking a lot of time to find and develop recipes and to learn what works to cut the calories and what doesn't. The time is definitely worth it, though. I think I have eaten more tasty and satisfying food over this last week than I ever have before. I have not wanted anything and I have been *less* hungry than before, and I'm only eating 1300 calories a day.

This food revelation is something that has never occurred to me with other attempts to be healthy. Then again, I haven't made an effort to lose weight since I started cooking so much. Before I lived by myself and it was more of an effort involving pre-packaged foods labeled "low calories" and raw vegetables. It's just so much more delicious this time around even if it is more time-consuming. :laugh: I think I'm on to something here.

So far I've kept up with the strength training challenge. What a great challenge for me because I do tend to neglect that part of exercise. I hope everyone else is doing well today. :flowerforyou: