Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Options

Replies

• mary_kate23
    mary_kate23 Posts: 156
    Options
    i actually enjoy it because it makes the cramps go away!!
  • lilybear84
    lilybear84 Posts: 57
    Options
    The first day or 2 I dont exercise because I get terrible cramps, cant even go to work, once thats gone I exercise.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    For real. Exercise helps with cramps anyways.

Agreed.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll be sure to remember this the next time mine comes around. I'm sure the fellow gym goers will LOVE it when I vomit on the machines.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hate when women use their period as an excuse to not do something. "I can't go biking today. I started." Really? I get some of the worst cramps, but it never stops me from doing something. SUCK IT UP and quit being such a baby. Seriously.

Rant over.

I have a "hostile" uterus. I really can't even leave the house let alone stand when I have it. Everyone is different. To those girls who can't workout I advise going to the doctor. It may be endometriosis, fibroids (like me) or something else.
    No one should judge!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Eh.... Before I went on BC my monthly would cause me to throw up, a lot..... can't work out while throwing up.

Same
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but during the first few days of my period, I end up with diarrhea and stomach cramps along with the uterine cramps- not to mention I will bleed heavy enough to soak a tampon and a pad in less than an hour. So, yeah. Big ol' middle finger to anyone who tells me it's just an excuse.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hate when women use their period as an excuse to not do something. "I can't go biking today. I started." Really? I get some of the worst cramps, but it never stops me from doing something. SUCK IT UP and quit being such a baby. Seriously.

Rant over.

Your TOM, I guess. See? Hormones can also make people more *****y than usual so how about letting everyone do what they want and mind your own TOM?
  • TexasBridgett
    TexasBridgett Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Shark week!
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    Lmfao, get a life and post something motivational.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    It helps "de-crabbify" me...and I just take a few Ibuprofen or Advil 15 mins before I go to the gym....Personally, I think all women should try to exercise through their period even if it seems too painful. But that's just me, all women are different.

BTW, I didn't think the poster was being mean or rude!!!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Basically, every woman's cycle is different. It's not up to any one person to judge what they do or don't feel up to during that TOM.

:drinker:
    QFT
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree it helps me to exercise during that time if not I will feel worst. I have endometriosis, fibroids, PCS if I can anyone can.
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Rant over.

I'm with you on that!!! I think the cramps lessen up once you work out! But thats me!!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I agree it helps me to exercise during that time if not I will feel worst. I have endometriosis, fibroids, PCS if I can anyone can.

That would be like me saying that *I* have given birth three times with no epidural (which, I have) - so, if I can do it anyone can.

Seriously?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I feel much better when I exercise during TOM....pop two aleve and ready to go!!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

That would be like me saying that *I* have given birth three times with no epidural (which, I have) - so, if I can do it anyone can.

Seriously?

Agreed.

I dont just get cramps. I get shooting pains up my back that make me double over. I struggle to walk. Sometimes they get so bad I vomit, get diarrhea or both. Sorry but I aint working out when Im in that condition.
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    the only excercise i do while on ToM is situps...its not because i am lazy or making an excuses or because i am afraid my uterus will fall out or some BS like that :P :P :P
    ...but when you are all...messy down there...it grosses me out to workout!!! :/:/ (we have no tampon access...plain old sanitary napkins only..so it can get really really messed up after working out)....that's the only reason though...but doing vigorous situps help ease my cramps...!
  • georgedarling
    georgedarling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it 's not BS for me. I also vomit and I really don't think you would want me at the gym.
This discussion has been closed.