I don't like veggies or exercise :(

Options
123457»

Replies

• HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I started my lifestyle change in March... You had to drag me kicking and screaming to the gym... I tried every single class until I started doing TurboKick... Love this class and I actually wake up in the mornings excited to go... :-)
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Veggies I like, just don't like eating them all the time.

Exercise is like a chore. I have to force myself to go outside and run but once I'm out there exercising I'm fine and I'll do it for a while it's just GETTING myself to do it is the issue. I mean I don't mind running, and sometimes during the run I get a little "runners high" being like yay I'm doing awesome but most of the time it's like yeah....keep going you're almost done
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sometimes in life...You've just got to do things that you simply don't like/agree with/want to do.

This is because life is hard.

In order to survive in life we learn to do things we HAVE to do, against our short-term desires but sometimes for better in the long run.

This is one of those things.

You still have to pay taxes.

LOL... Well said...
  • gayle4882
    gayle4882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love all the foods that are bad for you. And I would rather not excersise. BUT I hate being overweight and out of shape. So, I eat my veggies and excersie everyday so I can look and feel amazing! It's that simple.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I learned to love it by eating/doing it differently.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Frankly I hate exercising & I'm absolutely the exact opposite of a vegan because I only eat meat. However I realized that our bodies are just the same as with our ancestors & that we are meant to move & do something physical just like what our forefathers did. That we must treat exercise the same way as to why we have to take a shower or brush our teeth.

Not to mention that diets aren't meant to sustain us for life & that we can still eat our favorite foods without the guilt. We just need to learn what is a normal serving size. The main problem in our modern times is that our restaurant serving sizes are becoming bigger while at the same time technology makes our life easier thus making us move less.
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think it's amazing how many people hate veggies. I'd like to know what you ate while a child--were you not given vegetables and raised on fast food/canned food, or were you maybe given mushy canned peas, or were you traumatically forced to eat cauliflower.... just wondering. When did you start to hate them, if you remember?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I think it's amazing how many people hate veggies. I'd like to know what you ate while a child--were you not given vegetables and raised on fast food/canned food, or were you maybe given mushy canned peas, or were you traumatically forced to eat cauliflower.... just wondering. When did you start to hate them, if you remember?

My parents told me they fed me with KFC when I was 2-3 years old because I didn't want to eat anything. Until now I still love KFC & is one of the things I can't give up but now I just eat there sometimes.