To see or not to see ... Magic Mike

Options

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I really have no interest in this movie. I am indifferent. *shrug* Besides, I hardly ever go to the movies (even if it looks really good) because I don't think staring at a screen for 2 hrs is worth $10.
  • jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ah. I'm attracted to personality over a "hot body." In my experience, the "muscles for the sake of muscles guys" have a "Jersey Shore" attitude and it turns me off. No, you're not God's gift to women just because you have big muscles, get over yourself. No if you earned them from your job, like you said that is different. I still would prefer a cuddle man, muscle men would be very hard and not so cuddly right? I don't know. I've only dated either thin men or pudgy men. :P
    [/quote]

Really? You dont think those men earned their muscles by working out? Aren't we all here because we are WORKING toward being fit? I think you are thinking too much into it. These men are eye candy and thats why 99% of the woman are going to see it. Sounds like a fun time, wish I could find some friends that would drag me out to see it, I haven't been to the movies in forever!
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it as inspiration... Im gonna look so hot from working out I can get a hot dude like that lol:drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it as inspiration... Im gonna look so hot from working out I can get a hot dude like that lol:drinker:

See, my self-worth isn't that tied into my body image. I always assume I can "get" any guy if I want him.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Going tonight. Hope my heart can take it.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to go see that movie.

I guess the other two guys are okay looking...but Channing Tatum looks like he's a half-wit and constantly squinting. Maybe I could just put a bag over his head...

That was my thought. I've never liked him, he looks completely idiotic most of the time. Give me someone who looks at least half-intelligent any day.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I guess the other two guys are okay looking...but Channing Tatum looks like he's a half-wit and constantly squinting. Maybe I could just put a bag over his head...

That was my thought. I've never liked him, he looks completely idiotic most of the time. Give me someone who looks at least half-intelligent any day.

Channing has a face?!?
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options

Channing has a face?!?

:laugh: :heart:

This! When I watch a Channing Tatum movie, I'm not exactly looking at his face!

Anyway, I'm definitely going to see it with some girlfriends this weekend. I've been excited for this one for a couple of months now. ;D
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I work with cops and firemen. I see them in various stages of undress. I already get a show on a daily basis. And these men are real. Some have a bit of a belly or hair or whatnot but that's what makes it so much better. I don't see the appeal of a pretty man.
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    magic-mike_0-1-1.jpg

I'm not getting any action at home, so I must see this movie.....
    Can totally relate!!!
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm going for the "eye candy"....NO CALORIES:laugh:
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go watch it. You have any idea how many single women are going to be at the theater to go see that? I'm just gonna lift up my shirt and ask them if they wanna take "Magic Eduardo" home instead :laugh:

Why does that not surprise me?

It's all good though...I'm going to see it with a work friend! Can't wait...whether movie is good or not, lots of nice scenery and will be the first adult "me time" I have had in a long time!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Joe Manganiello...oh baby, oh baby.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    oh im definitely going to go see it :love: ....but when the theater gets less crowded
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm going tonight and I'm soo excited. Yes for the half naked men, but mostly for the excuse to do a girl's night out!!
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am going ..... date night with the girls :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Ah. I'm attracted to personality over a "hot body." In my experience, the "muscles for the sake of muscles guys" have a "Jersey Shore" attitude and it turns me off. No, you're not God's gift to women just because you have big muscles, get over yourself. No if you earned them from your job, like you said that is different. I still would prefer a cuddle man, muscle men would be very hard and not so cuddly right? I don't know. I've only dated either thin men or pudgy men. :P

Really? You dont think those men earned their muscles by working out? Aren't we all here because we are WORKING toward being fit? I think you are thinking too much into it. These men are eye candy and thats why 99% of the woman are going to see it. Sounds like a fun time, wish I could find some friends that would drag me out to see it, I haven't been to the movies in forever!

They earned them but I don't like the attitude that usually comes with the "jersey shore muscle types,"
    Just not a fan of the typical "eye candy", maybe I like "brain candy" better. If my friends invited me to go, I'd probably decline and save my money. XD
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, my friends decided that it would work out to get to the theater to buy tickets for the 7:30 show at 7. I told them it was going to sell out and we should either buy tickets online ahead of time or get there a LOT earlier, but they blew that idea off. So, we got there at 7 and while waiting in line, the theater announced it was sold out.

Now don't ask me which genius decided that Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter needed four showings and two theaters but that Magic Mike only needed one theater and two showings on its opening weekend on Friday night, but the next showing wasn't until 10:20, so I got my wish and we went to Seeking a Friend for the End of the World instead.

I loved it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I saw it on Saturday. The theater was almost full for the show I went to, but when we came out, the line of women waiting to get in for the next show was ridiculous! Then you walk outside and it's women everywhere. Perfect place for a guy to be hanging out if he's looking to meet someone, for sure. I would totally see it again, and not for seeing guys in g-strings, but because I love anything with dancing, and the abs on those guys are amazing! BrettPGH started a Magic Mike Monday thread if you wanna check out some "real" men who didn't get paid to look the way they do. :bigsmile:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    magic-mike_0-1-1.jpg

I'm not getting any action at home, so I must see this movie.....

Heck, I'm getting a lot at home, Thanks honey! vvvvv ...and I still HAVE to see this movie. Hello, married, not dead.