Hundred Pushups Group - Starting TODAY!

Options

Replies

• Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My heart was not in it today. I've got a nasty cold. I will be repeating this week. I did get through all the set but did not get as low as I should have.
    Week 3 day 3 level 1
    Looking forward to feeling better and doing better next week!
    Have a good weekend!
    MM

Good for you for at least following through and getting it done! Take care of yourself and get better soon.

holly
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    Check in

Week 1 Day 3 Level 1

and I sqeeked out 8 max
  • jlynn1081
    Options
    Finished Week 5. Starting on Week Six day one column 3 today (45,55,35,30 max 55 plus).
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today, though not completely out of the woods.
    Week 3 level 1 day 1
    12(min9)
    Did a couple more than last week! Be back on Wednesday!
    MM
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    Week 2/Day1/Level 1
    max 9

ok, i'm officially passed my first exertion test. i do feel stronger and i only have one week behind me. looking forward to see where i am at my next exertion test!
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 3: Sept 21
    29 - 33 - 29 - 29 - 40
    2.0 min break in between

oi.
    Well. I made it to the end of my Week 2 (week 4). I can definitely see that my muscles in my arm are larger.. alarmingly so actually. I don't 'know if I like the look, but I can say I'm proud of the strength gain.

Since moving into my dorm I no longer have the mirrors I had back in my house. This means I haven't been checking my form and going as deep.... I think I may be cheating.

I think I may do the exhaustion test as advised at the end of Week 4, but then I kind of want to start from week 3 again, trying real. good form pushups. When I started I also had my hands a little wider apart than I think advised. I want to start from week 3 (depending on my exhaustion test) again with shoulder width pushups, trying my hardest with proper form.

I'd appreciate your guy's thoughts? Yes? No?
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been posting. My wrists and one elbow have been too weak to progress in this program (I had repeat use injury at work in right "mouse" hand and elbow). So, I did last week standing facing a wall. Not much of a workout on the arms or chest, but my wrist didn't bother me. This week I'm going to try to start W1 again.
  • manipriscilla
    manipriscilla Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    100 ???? i can't even do 1 push up ??? :sad:

do you think i still have a chance ??? :cry: maybe i should try it
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!!

This is exactly what Ive been looking for!!

Thanks so much!! This site and all the MFP members are FANTASTIC!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • denitchy
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 3: Sept 21
    29 - 33 - 29 - 29 - 40
    2.0 min break in between

oi.
    Well. I made it to the end of my Week 2 (week 4). I can definitely see that my muscles in my arm are larger.. alarmingly so actually. I don't 'know if I like the look, but I can say I'm proud of the strength gain.

Since moving into my dorm I no longer have the mirrors I had back in my house. This means I haven't been checking my form and going as deep.... I think I may be cheating.

I think I may do the exhaustion test as advised at the end of Week 4, but then I kind of want to start from week 3 again, trying real. good form pushups. When I started I also had my hands a little wider apart than I think advised. I want to start from week 3 (depending on my exhaustion test) again with shoulder width pushups, trying my hardest with proper form.

I'd appreciate your guy's thoughts? Yes? No?

I'd say YES! Go for it and good luck!

I haven't done mine in almost a week... been under the weather! I am starting week 3 again today.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    100 ???? i can't even do 1 push up ??? :sad:

do you think i still have a chance ??? :cry: maybe i should try it

If you're healthy, go for it. I hadn't done push-ups since high school until I started karate training 4 years ago; 1 month before I turned fifty. Yes, we do push-ups, and the first few weeks mine looked pathetic. I'm much better now but will still do the program to improve my form. There is also a program for sit-ups and for squats - a great site!

Thanks for posting it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1: 4-6-4-4-11 So far on track.. I have to see if I make the goal, but i can see I am doing better already! Keep it up everyone!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi! Looks like everyone is doing great! Welcome newbies!

Today was week 3 day 2 level 2. I forced myself to get lower this time. I can tell I'm going to hurt tomorrow. I barely got the last two out but I did!
    See you all Friday!
    MM
  • Jess22207
    Options
    I'm in, ive been waiting to get my upper body strength back this is a great program!

I think I'm going to do the 200 sit up program at the same time
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    I'm in, ive been waiting to get my upper body strength back this is a great program!

I think I'm going to do the 200 sit up program at the same time

I am doing the situp program also, it's a good one. I thought I was pretty good at it but I know I can't do 200 so that's why I started. I started at week three level 2 and it's kicking my butt.
  • c_y83
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going to start this tonight - I'm excited to start, but also pretty nervous. I don't have much upper body strength, and this looks like a good program to change that.
    I'm glad my boyfriend agreed to go do the program with me, I don't have much self discipline and wouldn't make it very far on my own.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I've had to re start week three after a failure but it says that can happen.
    today was week 3 (4) day 2 level 3
    25 (min)

I barely made it through. definately not looking forward to friday but we'll see.
    i can see this taking a lot longer than 6 weeks lol.
    I'll be pleased when i can do 50 in a row.
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    Ah man today was tough but I finished barely squeeking the last 7 out.

Week 2/Day2/Level 1

maxed 7

Hopefully Friday I'll be stronger!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    W1 D1 - Done! (2 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 9) modified

Started AGAIN on W1. Man, I feel wimpy and I started lifting weights over a month ago! Nothing like a push up, apparently! Wrists are feeling better, actually. I look forward to seeing how these change my upper body. If I get through this program, I'm going to go back and try it with a full push up - haven't been able to do one of those in ... well, I don't remember!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I made it through week 3 day 3 level 1...barely. I am wondering if I should repeat this week again. I don't know if I will have time to test this weekend. I did notice that on the last set when it says max and then at least xx, that I tend to look at the minimum number and that is as far as my body seems to be able to go. I think instead of looking at that I am going to focus on the word MAX. When will I max out? My mind may be hindering me.
    14(min13)
    Have a good weekend everyone!
    MM