Hundred Pushups Group - Starting TODAY!

Options

Replies

• nehptune
    Options
    oh my goodness...

i just tried the initial test again and managed 0 "proper" push-ups. that's bad. i was able to do about 9 a few months ago. that's what you get for neglecting your weight training.

so i'll be starting with some modified push-ups for a couple of weeks before I embark on the real deal.

:ohwell:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ug...I might want to repeat this week. Although I haven't taken the end of week 2 exhaustion test and I'm not as strong today as I have been earlier in the week. I think it's due to the heat. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow with my 2nd exhaustion test.

WK2/D3/LV1
    10 (barely)
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    oh my goodness...

i just tried the initial test again and managed 0 "proper" push-ups. that's bad. i was able to do about 9 a few months ago. that's what you get for neglecting your weight training.

so i'll be starting with some modified push-ups for a couple of weeks before I embark on the real deal.

:ohwell:

Good deal and welcome! We all gotta start somewhere. Even if we (me) has to repeat a week or two. :embarassed:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm repeating week 3 I think for the 3rd time. Maybe the 4th. I lost track. I can make it through all the sets but I don't feel I am ready to move on.
    Today I focused on maxing out on the last set instead of the min. number. It helped!
    Week 3 level 1 day 1
    14(min 9)
    See you all in a couple of days!
    MM
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    Ok guys, so I did my end of week 2 exhaustion test and I was able to do 12!!! Not a HUGE number in itself BUT my first test 2 weeks ago I was only able to do 8. So, slow and steady wins the race, I'm happy with being at 12 for the second week in. Start on week 3 tomorrow.
  • nehptune
    Options
    I'm doing modified push ups for now... until I get a bit stronger anyway.
    Did W1 D1 column 3 this morning
    max 9

hopefully in a couple of weeks I can start with full push ups!
    :happy:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Skipped a couple days but did week 2 level 1 day 3 (real push-ups)

That is an improvement Still find it hard to believe i will be able to do 100 in 4 more weeks but I am happy to keep improving.

Tomorrow exhaustion test
  • nehptune
    nehptune Posts: 138
    Options
    just managed to fit it in today:
    W1 D2 col3 modified
    12 (zoned out a bit and did too many)
    max 13
  • nehptune
    Options
    hey, where did everyone go?!

just managed to motivate myself to do some more push-ups! yay!

W1 D3 column 3 (modified)
    max 14

that was hard today! but glad i got it done...
    roll on week 2!
    :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I wasn't feeling good again on Wednesday and Friday so I didn't do the rest of the week. I'll start again tomorrow at week 3 again.
    How do you all feel about starting a new thread at the beginning of each month?
    Hundred pushups October?
    Let me know. I'll see you all tomorrow!
    MM
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow its been way too long since I've posted. : P

I have my midterms coming up so everything was a large rushy mess and whatnot. My first one starts tomorrow, and figuring I'm going to be as prepared as i'll ever be at this point, decided to give myself a pushup exhaustion test like I told myself I would.

Since I felt like I had been cheating with my over shoulder width apart hands pushups, I decided to start again, hands strictly in line with the width of my shoulders. I managed 33. So I figure I'll start where I started last time on tuesday! It's good to still see familiar faces(okay, dps) keeping up with the program. Great job everyone!
  • nehptune
    Options
    Starting a new thread sounds like a good plan.

In the meantime...
    Today I did W2 D1 col3 (modifed)
    Max 15

Today was tough going... might end up repeating this week.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I kind of flaked on this challenge. The perfect pushup things really screwed up my shoulder when I was trying to use them at a wonky angle. I'm going to give it another shot... started last night again back at w1 d1. Will keep moving forward. I refuse to give up!
  • missjenn
    missjenn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just finished and can really see the results in my arms. It took me a couple of times through weeks five and six to finish all the push-ups. It's a killer when you have to do 100+ then a max of 50. yikes!

Best of luck everyone!!

~J
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I have been busy the last couple weeks, so I haven't been doing this!! I am going to restart at week 3 day 1... I was liking the results I was getting...why did I stop? lol Good luck!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well, I keep flaking on this - I haven't yet made it through W1!

So, I restarted W1 this week.

Yesterday: W1 D2 (col 1 - modified p/u) 3, 4, 2, 3 Max 10.

I can do a lot more push ups at my Max this time (I guess I am stronger!!) - so don't know if I should continue on col. 1 or move to col. 2. Think I'll try to actually finish and get to Wk 2. Maybe I'll switch columns then.
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Bwah. Starting again. Being really strict. Making sure I don't go too fast and making sure that my hands are placed strictly shoulder width.

Week 1 - Day 1:
    14 - 18 - 14 - 14 - 20minimum.
    1 min break in between.

Just made it to 20;; Literally could not push up after.
  • jlbay
    Options
    Wk 1 - D3 - Finished week 1 - finally!

Today I felt weak - could barely maintain form. I'm also lifting weights, so maybe I need to readjust my push up days and do them first thing.
  • jlbay
    Options
    W2 D1 - Done (4 - 6- 4 - 4 - 11)

I finally made it to Week 2!
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i love it. so in.