30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Didn't shred last night but, will tonight. I needed a break last night. I did have intentions but, didn't get there. I am going to try and keep up with 2 and 3 to the end. I do feel like I need more cardio as well. I weighed in last night and lost just a little so, I guess it's a loss but, the more you lose the more hard it is to continue to lose. I guess I shouldn't complain. Since the baby I have lost 62 lbs. and this is in 16 mos. time so that's not too bad. I would love to drop another 30.

that is amazing!!! 62 lbs is incredible especially in only 16 months! don't ever feel like you haven't accomplished anything, wow! also, dont feel like just because you have, that means you can't complain and be frustrated about the last 30 lbs! that's what were here for :)

I agree with sudzie! Congrats! And, yes, that's what we're here for. :wink:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 18 - just L2 tonight. Had some major cooking to do for a potluck on Sunday... I am going to try and not go crazy food-wise...uggh. Will do L3 tomorrow or possibly both L2 and L3 depending on how early I get up. We will be gone for the weekend and won't be back until late afternoon Sunday.

Happy Shredding to all!
  • jadelynn
    Options
    I just started my first day on this DVD, so I know it's too late to join this group, but what kind of weight loss have you all been experiencing???
  • skywalker
    Options
    It's not too late, jadelynn! You're welcome here! :drinker:

To answer your question, I've only lost about 5 lbs since starting the shred, but have seen some nice changes in my measurements. If you skim through this thread, you'll see that some of us have posted our progress. I took my measurements at the beginning and at the halfway point of the Shred.
  • jadelynn
    Options
    I'd take 5 pounds over nothing! Have you finished the 30 days then? I tried to read through here but it was hard finding progress because there are so many posts! lol but that's a good thing!
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Day 19 = L2 and L3 (yeah, I was supposed to be gone until Sunday...change of plans... the weather is not that great...) Anyhow, feels good! I still cannot do a lot of the moves that Natalie does... I mean I complete both workouts but, just can't do certain things and then other things are no problem. Like the second set of those V arms with the squats in 2, I have such a hard time with those... Of course the push up still are girly also... uggh, one day, I will! So, if I work tomorrow it will be day 20! I can't believe I am going to say this now...I didn't think I would make it past day 5. This is exciting for me whether I lose a lot or not... it has made me stronger that's for sure.

Have a great weekend everyone. Have to eat something now... :bigsmile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    I'd take 5 pounds over nothing! Have you finished the 30 days then? I tried to read through here but it was hard finding progress because there are so many posts! lol but that's a good thing!

None of us have finished 30 days yet. I'll be doing day 19 today. Some are on day 10, some are closer to 30. Everyone is going at their own pace. I'm spendind 10 days on each level, which means I'll be starting level 3 soon. Rest days are important and we don't count them in with our Shred days. So, we're all taking well over 30 days to do this. We started September 1st. Jump in anytime, if for no other reason, you'll get lots of encouragement from this group. :happy:
  • jadelynn
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm in! My day two will be tonight hopefully!
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    welcome jadelynn!

I am on day 32 (day 13 on level 2)... i do it almost every day with only maybe 1 rest day a week. i absolutely love that its only 20 minutes, a great workout, and i can do it in my own home! i go to the gym for extra cardio about 3-4 times a week too, but i would say its my primary exercise so that's why i do it so much. however, when you first start a new level you'll probably need more rest days to recover. good luck, and post your progress!!
  • skywalker
    Options
    I slacked for 3 days. I'll get back on track today. Be back later to check in. Someone tell me to get my butt in gear, please!! :tongue:
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Get your booty into gear, Skywalker! I need to quit slacking too mainly on my diet it was badddd this weekend. But I did run in the freezing rain while still dark out Friday morning and shredded level 3. It felt great and I did manage to find more muscles to get sore so I chilled out on Saturday and Sunday and did no excercise. Today woke up and ran in the freezing cold and now I will do level 3 in a little bit for my 30th day of shredding!!!! woohoo but of course I am going to keep on shredding cause I love it! :love:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • april_mesk
    Options
    I slacked yesterday too... also ate way too much at that pot luck! However, the boat is out of the water for the season so, it won't be the normal every weekend junk and I can plan better...hopefully. Woke up this morning with a sore throat - hopefully, just allergies... I am going to shred tonight if it kills me. I am excited to reach 20 workouts...

bribaby - you have some stamina I tell ya - to run in the freezing cold rain! Sometimes the rain feels good.
    Skywalker - get your butt in gear, would you? Kidding, of course... I need to take my own advice...

I need to make up a new playlist for my ipod to go walking/running with on my treadmill. I am going to incorporate this into my workouts. Have slipped away from doing AE Active a bit...

Take care everyone and happy shredding!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Ok. Who's the Shred expert around here?
    I need help & advice!
    :sad:
    I tried the Shred for 2 days 2 weeks ago, was sore everywhere & then the next time I tried my right knee was killing me so I slacked for the rest of the video & then laid off for a week.
    I'm 200+ pounds & I just can't do those jumping jacks or butt kickers. :frown:
    I can't get off the ground.
    I can jog in place or high-knee march while flapping my arms instead. Is that okay? Is it okay to just keep moving as much as I can until I build up strength?
    Or should I try a different video?
    :huh:
    Help!
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Georg : I'm almost 316 lbs now and begined with 330+ lbs, these Shred. I have knees pain too, but I make it... just not so "explosive" than Jillian and Nathalie, of course.
    If you can't do it, try to do it in water, in a swimming pool : that's the best for joints, for your knees. But I think that these exercises are possible with lot of weight (Jillian says there are people who make jumping jacks with 400 lbs). Perhaps do you have a real problem with your knees ? Could you ask a doctor ?

Sorry all : I've stopped the Shred for a time because I was sick, and after, I had a torticollis... Now it's OK, but I've begined my exercises with stepping. I'll be back soon (tomorrow ?) ! :wink: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Options
    Do you think doing the parts I can & then jogging in place for part of the jj & bk would be almost as good?
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Georg

I think so!! My left knee is bad, when I was doing the Shred, I always modified the jumping jacks with side steps with jumping jack arms. Might not be the exact, but it keeps you moving to elevate your heart rate to burn. Good luck :smile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I haven't been Shredding :cry: but I have no good excuse, other than being lazy! I'm planning on getting back on the exercise train again tonight after Biggest Loser. I wish that show was on every day to motivate me!

Georg: I am also over 200 lbs. and really struggled at first with the cardio. Until you're able to do the jumping jacks and butt kicks, I would recommend stepping in place with the weights in your hand; this will help you keep your heart rate up and keep moving. Continuing to move is the most important part to any exercise program. Remember to go at your own pace and be kind to your body. Make sure to stretch completely after exercising so you aren't sore...do stretches beyond what Jillian does at the end of Shred because it isn't enough stretching! Also, make sure you're really pushing your pelvis back behind you when doing the side lunges, because this is the exercise that is hardest on the knee if done incorrectly! Good luck and keep at it!

Happy exercising,
    Heather
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Day 20 - L2, uggh, that killed me just doing this tonight. TOM and feel well, you know, bluh! Yeah and tomorrow I get to weight in feeling like this. It's too bad that Wed. are my weigh in day because feeling bloated just does no one any good on the scale... oh well, I am just going to keep my fingers crossed. I may surprise myself. Also, I just realized I have been taking in more calories than I thought. I had been putting in my coffee as regular cofee with skim milk because I thought all the flavored coffees were fairly low in calories. Yeah, they aren't... Pumpkin coffee is 240 calories! Whoops x that by 5-7 times a week this week. OH well. Anyhow, hope all of you are doing well and I am going to suck down some water to try and flush everything out for tomorrow and watch the Biggest Loser!

Have a great night! :bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I haven't been Shredding :cry: but I have no good excuse, other than being lazy! I'm planning on getting back on the exercise train again tonight after Biggest Loser. I wish that show was on every day to motivate me!

Georg: I am also over 200 lbs. and really struggled at first with the cardio. Until you're able to do the jumping jacks and butt kicks, I would recommend stepping in place with the weights in your hand; this will help you keep your heart rate up and keep moving. Continuing to move is the most important part to any exercise program. Remember to go at your own pace and be kind to your body. Make sure to stretch completely after exercising so you aren't sore...do stretches beyond what Jillian does at the end of Shred because it isn't enough stretching! Also, make sure you're really pushing your pelvis back behind you when doing the side lunges, because this is the exercise that is hardest on the knee if done incorrectly! Good luck and keep at it!

Happy exercising,
    Heather

Thanks for the advice, everyone.
    I think I'll keep at it, just modify the j jacks & b kickers & j roping until I can do it. It certainly keeps my heart rate up - I can burn more calories on the bike, but I know I need to mix it up.
    Thanks!
    :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Georg,
    I see that you bike. If you're interested (or if anyone else is), some of us have a cycling club on MFP where we set a weekly mileage goal and report in on Sunday evenings. Whether you ride 1 mile a week or 1000, everyone is welcome. Here's the link...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64698-mfp-spitfires-cycling-club-week-10?page=2#posts-876874

Checking in... Finally did day 19! One more day until I start level 3!!! :noway: