30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day30 - L3 - took me forever just to finish this last day.
    Sudzie - so glad that you are enjoying L3... I am going to try the other dvds of Jillians. Was thinking of doing Couch to 5K and her two other dvds - No more trouble zones and metabolism boost. Just need a change of pace but am glad that I could complete this.
    Skywalker - keep going 6 more days! What a feeling getting down to this point. Great job!
    So here are the results - not the greatest but, I am determined to lose another 8 lbs. by New Years!

When I Started:
    Neck = 13.5/Waist = 33.5/Hips = 42.5/Weight=165.2
    Now:
    Neck = 13/Waist = 32.5/Hips = 42/Weight= 160.2

Not too bad but I still feel could have been better - lost 5 lbs.- 1/2" off Neck - 1" off hips - 1/2" of Hips.
    I am not discouraged and will continue on this site. I am going to mix in more cardio definitely but, will try and do strength two to three times a week. Thank you for everyone's support and good luck to you all!
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys!

april_mesk congrats on finishing!!!!!

i tried her no more trouble zones dvd the other day and boy was i sore afterwards!! it is twice as long as the shred, and super intense! she does a good job of not overworking the muscles and rotating to something different when you need a break from a certain area. it hits every muscle in your body HARD. i think i am going to try to do on the weekends or on days when i have extra time for strength training. if you try her metabolism boost let me know how it is. i am afraid of it because it doesn't use weights so i know that must mean super intense cardio kicks and stuff haha.

also i started the couch25K last year, but never made it all the way because of a knee injury. good luck to you if you decide to try it!

sky - i know those last jumps are the woooorst!!!! i def dont get my legs up as high as they do either. i am just dead at that point. whew.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Did the Metabolism Boost tonight. whew! That was a great cardio burn. It was really easy until like the last 15 mins or so... Glad I did it, though. Still haven't decided on the Couch to 5K yet. I am not sure what I want to do. Maybe I will just freestyle now and do my own thing and see where this gets me. Do a couple days a week ST and then a few days or more with cardio. We'll see. I'll make it a good mix. I think I really need that cardio right now. :) Hope everyone is doing well!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm still here. Super busy lately, but slowing down now. I should be back on track this week :happy:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    im here too! i have been doing the "no more trouble zones" on weekends - it is so intense but i love it!!!! i have still been shredding during the week usually too, but i have also been focusing more on cardio since i am pretty happy with my muscles (except legs, although i dont know how much more muscle i have to gain/tone, rather than just losing fat)...

pretty bummed that i have consistently seen "146.8" for 2ish months, but have not been able to break that plateau... AND we are coming up on the holidays!!! i am going to compete with my boyfriend over xmas break to see who can lose the most! he really only has 10 pounds he could lose, but still, it will help motivate me!
  • april_mesk
    Options
    sudzie: Good for you that's great. I have also been doing the no more trouble zones and the metabolism boost w/the Couch to 5K program. Those 2 dvds (Jillian's NMT &MB) are so intense. I think the no more trouble zones is more difficult. I am right there with you on the frustration. I finally broke the cycle and am finally losing pretty well, but, I am worried about TG...uggh, It's just one day and I just have to convince myself to let it become the weekend! It's so nice when you have someone to compete with and keep you motivated good luck!
  • skywalker
    Options
    After very busy holidays, I'm back to doing the Shred!! I know it's been a while. Maybe we can start a new thread again. Anyone else with me?? :drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Someone? Anyone? Oh well, just me I guess. :laugh: