30 day Shred starting 1st July - anyone want to join?

Options

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 done.
    Today my upper back/shoulder area is alittle sore, but I keep reading it will get better day 5.

Is anyone doing the 30 day shred for 30 days straight?

I'm doing the shred for 30 days straight. I just finished level one day 6.

I'm doing it straight too. Want this over as soon as possible to build strength and endurance.

I usually do it straight, but this time I had to take a day off. The soreness was beyond what I experienced other two times I completed the 30DS. Oh well. :P I'll still be done by the end of the month if that doesn't happen again.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Note to self: do not take cayenne pepper capsules before 30DS. I'm going to give myself a freakin' stomach ulcer. Yes, Jillian. I FELT THE BURN! :sick: Still feeling it
  • kiminor
    kiminor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Okay so since I had such a hard time on level one yesterday and people had said they liked level 2 better I tried that. I too like level 2 better. I still had to take breaks but I did much better than yesterday. I need to figure out a way to modify the plank twist my belly gets in the way
  • Donzifonzi
    Donzifonzi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am currently in wk 2 of my 6 wk walk challenge, after that I am planning on doing the 30 day shred straight through, I did it once before but it was too hard for me and I was in so much pain. But I am willing to try it again after I get conditioned from this current plan. I will be reading your posts to see how you are doing.
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Starting 6 days late... but starting none the less!
  • flowergirl73
    flowergirl73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    So I've actually gained 2 pounds! Not really what I signed up for but I'm going to trust the process and keep plugging along.

Are you all eating back your calories?

It's a good sign =) When working out, you tear the muscle (which is how we gain better from during their repair) and with this process the muscles retain water. Give it a week or 2 and the weight will drop off.
    That's what I was hoping! Thanks!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my DVD to come in another week, and then I'm all in!!
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    Day 6 is done! I've upgraded again from my 19 oz Progresso soup to 32 oz veggie broth! Those anterior raises gave me a bit of a noodle arm! Still seeing improvement on my push-ups AAAAaand still less sweating! All good things!
  • trudence1
    trudence1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Finished day 5 yesterday. It is getting better. Any exercise including my triceps is killing me. I have to switch back and forth between my 2 pound weights and 5 depending on what area of the arm is being worked on...my goal is to be able to do the 5 pound weights for all by the end...getting closer.
  • fitandfunblonde
    fitandfunblonde Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done! Cant wait to get onto level 2!
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    Day 7 done!
  • Rosalyn94
    Rosalyn94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Done day 5. Half way through level 1. Not aching anymore! :)
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I ended up taking a break yesterday since I had slept terribly. Back on it today and completed the 7th day and to make up a little for yesterday I did 15 minutes of level 2. Difficult but I'll think I'll be ok to start that in 3 days time. It's going to be a challenge but I also thought I would never complete the full level 1 day either.
  • seamonkeychar
    seamonkeychar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 8 - Done! I haven't seen much weight loss, but I could swear I'm a little firmer after just a week. I'm super excited to get to Level 2. I'm feeling up to a challenge now.
  • seamonkeychar
    seamonkeychar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am currently in wk 2 of my 6 wk walk challenge, after that I am planning on doing the 30 day shred straight through, I did it once before but it was too hard for me and I was in so much pain. But I am willing to try it again after I get conditioned from this current plan. I will be reading your posts to see how you are doing.

I had to work up to it too. I did about 2 weeks of a beginner kick boxing workout before I started the shred, I think it made a HUGE difference. You should def. try it again! Good luck!
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    Day 8 done! I was tempted to skip it. I got home late and totally wasn't feeling but I did it anyway! I pushed through and am really proud of myself! Looking forward to level 2!
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Im starting late. Today was my first day.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done and with a little silly injury (I caught my navel piercing so my cardio was me just me doing everything but the jumping jacks and holding my piercing... ouch) Think my endurance has increased a lot. First day on this I was breathless for ages, now I'm fine after the cool down.

Considering starting level 2 tomorrow. Anyone else moved up a little early?
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 4 Yesterday and onto Day 5 today. Anyone else a little behind everyone else?
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just about to do L1D8 - I have just finished three 12.5hour night shifts with about 12 hours sleep total since thursday night & I have stil completed the shred - Pretty pleased with myself :)