30 day Shred starting 1st July - anyone want to join?

Options

Replies

• oanamoise
    oanamoise Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you FordGal..Keep going too ! There is another thread with the 30 day shred..maybe everyone moved over there. I keep posting on both threads though..:)
    I'm doing level 3 Day 18 today. I bought some whey protein powder, never tried this stuff before, but I was hoping it could help by providing more energy since these exercises are so strenuous on the muscles.
  • flowergirl73
    flowergirl73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in a 30DS group as well and am posting on both. I finally lost the final nagging .5 from the 2lbs I gained when I started the 30DS. I'm hoping I'm over the hump and will start seeing some lbs come off. Been stuck for a while. I do still notice the changes in my body, just nothing on the scale yet. I'll keep at it. I'll do my day 19 this evening.
  • oanamoise
    Options
    The pounds don't matter really..it's more about redefining your body.. My friend who hasn't seen me in a while was very surprised today when she saw me. She said I look a lot better and lost weight on my face and stomach area... People are noticing. Keep at it! I did day 17 today..level 3..it was so hard, I just pray every day that I can finish it ! :)
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    Day 19 done!

Yes, people have been noticing a change even thought the scale hasn't! Yesterday a friend that I only see once a week said I looked beautiful, and not just from the weight loss! I think my face is slimming down. I feel like I look younger and my skin looks better. I think that could be my change in diet. Anyway, it's ALL good!

One more day in level 2!
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    anybody has some stats to share so far?? I mean those who've done more than 2 weeks ??? Will be motivating for us who just started day 4
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Im still here!!! L2D4 complete!! I hope I get some results even though Im not doing it 30 days straight. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    L2D5 Done! :)
  • oanamoise
    Options
    Doing Day 19 today level 3..feel much stronger and my jeans are kind of falling a little :)
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Is it just me or are the pendulum lunges in level 2 HARD? either they are or maybe i just have no coordination cause i feel like im wobbling all over the place
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    Day 20 and level 2 done!!

As some of you may remember, I gained 2 lbs when I started, slooowly lost 1.5 then finally lost the last .5 yesterday. ...well I weighed this morning and was down 5! Seems my muscles are finally letting go of all that water they were using to repair! I was dumbfounded when I looked at the scale this morning. I did a double-take! Well I'm not logging it until tomorrow, if it sticks.

Tomorrow morning will be my official weigh in since I just finished level 2 tonight. I tried to go as hard as I could. Did real plank squat jumps or whatever they're called and real plank jacks. Want to be ready for level 3. So we'll see if my muscles retain water again tomorrow as a result. In any case, I'll log it in so you'll all be able to see. And I'm going to measure!

Keep shredding everyone, you're worth it!
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Well it's all been a bit sad here! I've been off sick for the last week and a half... I will be starting Level 2 on Monday...

Oh well... no point being sad! I'm BAAACK! Happy Shredding all!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    Day 20 and level 2 done!!

As some of you may remember, I gained 2 lbs when I started, slooowly lost 1.5 then finally lost the last .5 yesterday. ...well I weighed this morning and was down 5! Seems my muscles are finally letting go of all that water they were using to repair! I was dumbfounded when I looked at the scale this morning. I did a double-take! Well I'm not logging it until tomorrow, if it sticks.

Tomorrow morning will be my official weigh in since I just finished level 2 tonight. I tried to go as hard as I could. Did real plank squat jumps or whatever they're called and real plank jacks. Want to be ready for level 3. So we'll see if my muscles retain water again tomorrow as a result. In any case, I'll log it in so you'll all be able to see. And I'm going to measure!

Keep shredding everyone, you're worth it!

Congrats on the weight loss! I hope it keeps going well for you! Good luck with Level 3, I watched it the other day & it seems like a doozy! I'm halfway through Level 2, just did Day 5 today! :) Have a good weekend!
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    Well you guys I'm back up the 5 lbs again! Baaahaaahaaaa! See I knew better than to log it! Anyway I'm hanging in there and am down a bit in inches, nothing dramatic. However, my endurance and ability are way improved so it's on to level 3 for me later! I'm nervous but excited!!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Starting insanity monday... How many days a week should I do it for? Just starting out?
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    Day 21 done! First day of level 3 and I love it! I think it's my favorite level!
  • amomatt
    amomatt Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm on d4L2. I've stopped and started shred many times before and have always given up! This time I'm generally a bit fitter and have kept it up, doing it nearly every day and man I'm noticing a difference in my muscle tone and how my clothes fit. I'm on the final week of an 8 week weight loss challenge that I chose not to weigh myself for-our coach weighed me at the start and I'll know at the end how much I've lost. I have a tendency to get a bit obsessed by the scales so I'm giving this a try.

am so loving the changes in my body though and I've proven to myself that I can fit in 20 mins a day, even with the "busyness" of my life

Keep shredding everyone!
  • tracyjarvis
    tracyjarvis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi ill join i starting on the 22nd july so bit behind you all but give it a go keep you all posted hope it goes well lol x x:wink::smile:
  • oanamoise
    Options
    Just did day 21 today level 3. So hard but I'm hanging in there. Can definitely see a change in how I look..
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    So my PT has advised to not do 30DS this week, see how I go after my first week back after being sick. I think she's right. My usual 1hr strength session nearly killed me and we didn't do ANY cardio! No 30DS for me this week!

Keep on shredding guys! You're doing awesome!
  • danysgoal
    danysgoal Posts: 14
    Options
    This is really weird.
    When I saw this challenge I actually read August and have been gearing myself up to start August 1st.
    So here I am tonight just now noticing that it started almost 1 month ago!
    I'm still waiting till August and intend to start, it will be easier as my vacation starts Aug 2.
    Now my focus is getting on track with the eating, tracking it so I don't go over my calories and eating back most of my exercise calories. I'm plateau 'ing for the past 2 months and I need a break so eating back my exercise calories is giving me just that.
    I may not loose weight that way but it feels like a break.
    Those of you that have been going strong, congratulation, it really is a tough workout.
    I'm reading though that some have not lost a lot or any weight with it. So I'll come in prepared, doing it for the endurance and let the scale do her own unpredictable thing.!!