Replies

• WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Glasses are better. Period.
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Contacts are too high maintenance for me.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am a complete baby when it comes to my eyes. Even just eye drops are an ORDEAL for me.

I'll stick to my sexy librarian look.

ditto.

When I went to the eye doc for my most recent prescription, he put those drops in to dilate my pupils. I FREAKED out. My eye clamped shut involuntary, and he really had to work hard to get those drops in. then I went to the waiting room to wait for my eyes fo dialate, and I started getting dizzy like I was going to faint. I wanted to lay down but we were in a Sterling Optical, and my husband was like "no, you can't lay on the floor, you're in a STORE!". so embarassing. I can only imagine how bad a contact fitting would be.

Besides, I can really rock the Geek Chic look with my glasses.

I can't stand things in my eyes either. I randomly got pink eye awhile back (not sure how that happened) and I had to put drops in my eyes three times a day. I HATED it. However neat trick the doc told me was tilt your head back and drop the drops into the corner of your eye by your tear ducts and blink them into your eye. It was ten billion time better for me this way.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Because you have to put contact lenses on your eye balls........................
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Why wear briefs instead of boxers?
  • KatTheAmazon
    KatTheAmazon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dry eyes. Contacts end up giving me headaches. And I looove contacts. I was going to try the dailies but I could afford both glasses and contacts. Next year I'm thinking about trying them because I prefer to wear contacts!
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I love my glasses, I feel very cute and sexy in them lol but no honestly I do. But I only wear them at night! Now I love my contacts, I always wear contacts, but they dry my eyes out, I get headaches, somethings always in my eyes, they get irritated....blah blah but for some reason I still wear em!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I prefer glasses over contacts. Always have. They complete my look. They are VERY minimal and simplistic so they don't eat my face. I am also afraid to use contacts. And someone mentioned allergies... holy crap that would drive me up the wall. Plus I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of putting them in my eyes. Although I do sometimes lose my glasses and break them so it's both ways.

My current glasses are transition lenses so they help my eyes out in the sun which I am quite often. I would forget or break any cheap sun glasses otherwise. So yeah. Glasses win in my opinion!
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have severe astigmatism-contacts don't work for me.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses instead of contacts because....
    1) I have dry eyes, have tried contacts but my eyes felt gritty all the time and I was having to put drops in like every 3-5 minutes
    2) I have astigmatism and the contacts can be spendy
    3) I personally think I look a lot better with glasses on
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I get up with a baby four or five times a night. Some days my eyes are just too tired for contacts. They don't correct my vision as well as glasses, and the strain is just too much,
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    i wear contacts because i cant see with glasses. so when i wear my glasses i need to buy new contacts. because i cant wear contacts.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Interesting to hear about those who wear contacts. Maybe I will try them.
  • Haushinka1604
    Options
    My medicade will only pay for either glasses or contacts, but not both so when given the decision, i chose to stay with my glasses. I intend on getting contacts one day when i can afford them, but for now i'm fine with my glasses. They just give me a lot of room for personal expression with the different pairs i own. I've also had tons of people tell me that i look better with them on than off.
  • luvmybaby333
    luvmybaby333 Posts: 241
    Options
    They're cute. They're SUPER easy to maintain. I am also nearsighted, so I really only need them to drive (especially at night) or to watch TV. (I guess my degree of nearsightedness isn't that bad.) I wouldn't want to have to fool with contacts for as little as I "need" that vision boost.

When I first found out that I needed to wear glasses, I was around 25 years old. I was really worried because I thought they would make me look dumb and it was hard to get used to the idea after so many years of not having to wear glasses or be "different". But after I tried on my first pair of plastic fashion frames, I was hooked. Glasses are FUN. They complete outfits for me. I have at least 10 different pairs. If I leave the house without them, I don't immediately notice because of the difference in my vision-- I notice because I glance in the mirror and realize I forgot one of the cutest parts of my outfit. ;-)

I suppose I could be convinced to wear contacts if my vision deteriorated to a point where it would be more convenient for me to do so. But I have to say that I do not look forward to that day. I have no desire to stick objects onto my eyeball. I also imagine that it wouldn't go well for me anyway. My eyes are sensitive enough as it is (likely from allergies) and I doubt that frequently rubbing them while wearing contacts could be very good for me.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It goes against instinct to put something onto my eyeball.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I got hit in the face with a baseball bat when I was 7. Sort of makes me not like things coming at me, even if I am doing it. I can't do eye drops either and getting the eye puff glaucoma test is a royal pain in the bum.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Because it caused knots to form on the cornea.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I like the way I look in them. I think the frames compliment my face shape and my gigantic nose. Also because I work so early its nearly impossibly to get contacts in at 345 am without crying them out about a half hour later lol (i learned the hard way my first early shift and i was blind for most of it). Plus they last forever.
  • emptyplate
    emptyplate Posts: 62
    Options
    I love my glasses. They are Gok wan < LOVE HIM > + they look really cool. They are like those 3d ones form the cinema