Why wear glasses and not contacts?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I would prefer contacts but my eyes reject them. I guess it's rare, but I have tried about 30 different kinds of contacts and drops, etc... but my eyes think there is something in them (like dust or whatever) and rejects the contacts. Within 15 mnutes of putting any contacts in I look like I have a bad case of pink eye. I HATE GLASSES! I can't afford the laser correction surgery.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love my glasses! Plus they are fun and cheap with this new website I found..

Zennioptial.com
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I tried contacts as a teenager (back when they were hard and you had to take them out nightly). The main reason I have never tried again though is that I have a condition that makes my eyes crossed at times and the glasses help to minimize the cross eyed effect.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses instead of contacts because....
    1) I have dry eyes, have tried contacts but my eyes felt gritty all the time and I was having to put drops in like every 3-5 minutes
    2) I have astigmatism and the contacts can be spendy
    3) I personally think I look a lot better with glasses on

^Exactly. I wore contacts for years and then one day, BAM! My eyes completely rejected the stupid things. Ironically, after I had filled and ordered a years prescription to save money. Now I tolerate them on special occasions but my eyes are bloodshot for days.

"Dry Eye" they call it, no amount of lubricant could help me.

And yes, glasses are sexy!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My problem, they make my eyes so dry and my eyes hurt by the end of the day. I just started wearing my glasses everyday after 15 years of wearing contacts.
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Contacts all the way! I have been wearing them since I was 11. I can see so much better with my contacts than I can will my glasses. Even with allergies I really don't have any issues with them. I do wear Acuvue Moist daily disposable lens which may make a difference.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I discovered a whole new world yesterday. I wore my contacts for the first time in months for a night out. While waiting for the train I did a spot of browsing round Boots. I must usually hide behind my glasses and not make eye contact, or the eye contact doesn't register. As I walked round, every salesperson told me about their offers, showed off new products or offered me samples or trials - this never normally happens to me, I'm usually invisible!