July Daily Step Challenge

Options
dancingj2
dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
Challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. You can do this for any one day or try for the entire month. Jump right in at any time! You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish. Our main goal is to keep activate every day!

It's easy to join - Just post here to begin!

You will need a step counter to keep track of your steps and then post your results daily here.

Replies

• geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I'm doing the Global Corporate Challenge with work, it certainly brings out the competitveness in you. I'll aim to remember to log my daily steps here as well.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. I'll have 2 goals, more steps than June and a better 10k a day ratio.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: You will see me here again......I never go anywhere without my pedometer :laugh:
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I'll be back for sure. I just signed up to walk a marathon in February. For the next seven months I'll be working on building up endurance and speed.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    I'll be back for sure. I just signed up to walk a marathon in February. For the next seven months I'll be working on building up endurance and speed.

I did not know they had walking marathons. Getting ready for that will def keep you step count up :)
  • rjlam326
    rjlam326 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'll be back. Love the idea. Just getting back into the exercise since my illness and have no idea where to start. Thanks for the idea. We'll keep in touch for sure.
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    yes, i'm in great idea
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. This month I am raising my goal from 7,500 a day to the full 10,000. Woohoo!!!! I WILL do this!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I'm in - need to decide what my target will be :wink:
  • Blackbird16
    Options
    Ill join this :) but my goal is 15000 steps a day xD
  • Snowbird73
    Snowbird73 Posts: 25
    Options
    Here I am. I'll give it a try.
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    June was tougher than i thought it would be, but i'll continue on in july.

Thanks!

-Amy
  • rjlam326
    rjlam326 Posts: 16
    Options
    Did 5000 steps yesterday and I'm already at 4500 today.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i've been doing around 10,000 steps since buying a pedometer last week so will enter my progress here too. Will do my best.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Seeing your post reminds me that I still haven't taken a look at the freebie (low quality, I think) pedometer I got a long time ago to put it to use! Maybe I will finally figure out how to use it and be ready in time for your August Step Challenge! ;)
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this month. Not sure how successful I will be though. The kids are on school holidays for 2 weeks. Normally I would just drag them on walks with me, but they are all sick at the moment. I will try to walk around the house and all if I have to though.
  • maureendarst
    Options
    awesome im in
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    June totals: 528,747 steps; 401,817 aerobic steps (3339 minutes); 241.81 miles

I've signed up to walk a full marathon in February and am planning to walk one or two half marathons in the fall, so I'm now officially in training.

July goals:
    Daily: A minimum of 12K steps and 10K aerobic steps every single day.
    Monthly: 550,000 steps; 420,000 aerobic steps (3500 minutes); 250 miles.
    Marathon training: Complete a 13.1-mile walk and a 14-mile walk.
    "C25K" interval training (4 mph walking instead of running): Complete through Week 7 Day 2.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Great to see everyone ready to go here!

jsp2374 - it is is tough when your kids are sick. Hopefully they are better soon.

InshapeCK - You can jump in when ever you find you counter.

Lazyspice - you did great beating your goal last month.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month hopefully it will be better than June.