"Serious" things you find funny or stupid

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My father recently injured his shoulder pretty seriously after slipping on a french fry. Now he's in a sling after his surgery. EVERY time he has tell the story, people immediately laugh and then get serious. It's kinda funny to watch their faces, cuz they think he's kidding. haha

just reading this made me LOL

SEE?!?! hahaha

I have to ask.....did this happen at a McDonalds?
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    hahaha a fella I work with just walked straight into a locked door!! Im guna wet myself :laugh:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    People who believe in transethnicity. Like...forreal?

Transethnicity is, in super-simple terms, the feeling that you are supposed to be a different race. It's supposed to be similar to a transgender person (a person who is born as a certain sex but identifies as the gender that is considered "opposite" to the gender that is assigned to their sex).

Example: I am African-American; but deep, DEEP down, I feel like I'm white. Therefore, I am transethnically Caucasian.

Yeah, I think it's totally invalid. Quite frankly, it almost makes you a racist. And how dare anyone try to compare transethnicity to transgender? How awful.

Hahahaha !! Never heard of that before :D

wow! i've never heard of that either! but you know what? i'm going to tease my cousin. she's cambodian and vietnamese and in school they used to tease her and tell her she was "yellow on the outside and white on the inside". and her boyfriend is the opposite. he's caucasian and he sometimes sounds like he has a vietnamese accent (i think because of the area he grew up in and the friends he had growing up). i say i feel like i should have been a dude sometimes... not that i like females or anything (lol) but i'm no good with make up or dressing myself normally, i prefer action and horror films to love stories (and things like Magic Mike... pretty sure out of all my friends i'm the only one that doesn't care to see it LOL), and i enjoy getting my hands dirty. haha!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My father recently injured his shoulder pretty seriously after slipping on a french fry. Now he's in a sling after his surgery. EVERY time he has tell the story, people immediately laugh and then get serious. It's kinda funny to watch their faces, cuz they think he's kidding. haha

just reading this made me LOL

SEE?!?! hahaha

I have to ask.....did this happen at a McDonalds?

No
  • marie_cressman
    Options
    Personally, I think it stupid that people will add everyday things for calorie burning. For example:

150 calories burned while cooking dinner
    25 calories burned by washing hair
    32 calories used up while loading the dish washer

Ok, how many calories are we burning by breathing??

I burned 1,315 calories doing 8 hours of "sleeping"

definitely logging sleeping. i'm curious how to log my bedroom action though... what if i'm doing all the damn work?? i deserve to count that as activity so i can eat more!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Fox News
  • marie_cressman
    Options
    I find it funny when my 20 month old claims her farts. She will let one go and then laugh and say, "mine." :laugh:
    That is the single most awesome thing I have ever read, in my entire life, ever.

My 9 yr old boy says, "bombs away!!!" :grumble:

lmfao! awesome!
  • marie_cressman
    Options
    i think its funny how many women genuinely want to see this "Magic Mike" movie.

i thought i was odd for not being interested in seeing this. LOL i have had SO many invites for "girls night at the movies" for this weekend, but to be honest, i told them if nobody is going to die in the movie i'm not really that interested... is that strange? not that i have an obsession with death. lmao i just enjoy action/horror films more than anything else.
  • marie_cressman
    Options
    I can't help but laugh when I'm lecturing my kids about something I find serious and they make a smartass comment or crack a joke. I always have to turn away or do my "hahaha that's real funny" laugh for them but the whole time I'm thinking, "that's hilarious"

Yes, I'm a slacker parent, I know this but at the same time I can't help but be proud (and entertained) that they're so freaking funny and quick with the comebacks :laugh:

^ this

my husband and i both find it a little funny and laugh after hearing the sarcastic or smartass remarks that come from my 3 year old and 6year old. we, of course, hide our amusement while fussing at them, but later laugh about it. they are just like us! i pity their future spouses unless they are able to find spouses who are just as sarcastic and smartassed as we are. :) then, they will be completely awesome and fit right in. :D
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    People who believe in transethnicity. Like...forreal?

Transethnicity is, in super-simple terms, the feeling that you are supposed to be a different race. It's supposed to be similar to a transgender person (a person who is born as a certain sex but identifies as the gender that is considered "opposite" to the gender that is assigned to their sex).

Example: I am African-American; but deep, DEEP down, I feel like I'm white. Therefore, I am transethnically Caucasian.

Yeah, I think it's totally invalid. Quite frankly, it almost makes you a racist. And how dare anyone try to compare transethnicity to transgender? How awful.

Hahahaha !! Never heard of that before :D

HAHA I've never heard of this before but I could roll with it!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think its hilarious when people who spend a year or more planning their $20k - $30k wedding end up getting a divorce in 3-5 years!

It depends on the person. Sometimes I totally agree. But my nephew was married for a little over a year when he and the STBX split. I just felt sorry him. But at least it wasn't my brother and SIL that were on the ropes for that wedding cost....her parents paid for it all. And it was a nice reception....I enjoyed it. ;)
  • pljohnson001
    pljohnson001 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My friends called me "Splatty Patty" for years after watching me do this.
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    -_- what is magic mike? i am hoping its something about magic seriously!! lol..
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it stupid that people will add everyday things for calorie burning. For example:

Yea its so stupid !

I added an exercise for "playing with cats." It wasn't to track calories burned though, I just wanted to show off that I'm a Crazy Cat Man.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    one time, i was on my way to a party at my girlfriends and i had to quick get gas. i was in such a hurry, i peeled out and pulled the while *kitten* pump hose right out of the gas holder, and it snapped back and hit my back windshield like a giant rubber band, and broke my gas tank. i laughed my *kitten* off, but almost blew up my car... :smokin: :laugh: :smokin:
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    -_- what is magic mike? i am hoping its something about magic seriously!! lol..

Channing Tatum and a few sexy guys are in a movie about male strippers with feelings.

It's loosely based on Tatum's actual experience as a male stripper... but supposedly he was a terrible dancer.

To me, it sounds about as good as the 50 Shades of Grey stuff. Meaning, not interested.
  • marie_cressman
    Options

Yea its so stupid !

I added an exercise for "playing with cats." It wasn't to track calories burned though, I just wanted to show off that I'm a Crazy Cat Man.

LOL awesome. i like cats, but my husband doesn't so we have a dog. he poops a lot. i know because i had to clean the yard yesterday. i think cleaning dog *kitten* out of the yard when it's 104 degrees outside should be in our activity list.. i think i shall add this to my "personal" list just for "shi!ts and giggles". hehe i make myself laugh.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    When my one year old throws a fit.

It makes me laugh every time.
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think it's almost instinct to at least chuckle briefly when you see someone bust their a** as long as it doesn't appear to be something serious. Funniest thing I ever saw was my brother running into a clothesline (neck height) and gettting flipped all the way around by the force. It was funny because he was clotheslined by a clothesline. Coincidentally it was the day that the name of that wrestling move really made sense to me.
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    Farts. Specifically, inopportune farts by other people. And the more inappropriate the fart the funnier it is.

Examples:
    - My 3 year old farting while playing with Legos, funny.
    - Your 3 year old farting during church, I will literally pee a little.

My daughter has (and has had since birth) what I like to call "Man Farts". The deep, resounding bellow from deep within that you just don't expect will ever come out of a tiny seven year old, let alone a baby! I would be holding her as a baby and she would let loose and people legitimately thought it was me and I was simply blaming it on her. I have a very sensitive blush and would turn red instinctively, which I'm sure didn't help my case at all.

She still does it, and the other day she farted next to the 8 year old boy I babysit and he sat back, looked at her and raised an eyebrow. I'm pretty sure he was impressed. I know I always am.