Why do some people on here say that cheese is unhealthy???

Options

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Cheese is made of Milk. Even Cows don't drink milk once they wean. Why do humans think drinking or eating it is healthy?

Cows don't eat fish either, yet we humans think fish is healthy.

Adult fish still eat fish. Sadly blackening spices and tartar sauce are beyond their reach.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    it is not natural for humans to consume dairy. Think about it, google it.
    i LOVE it though, but it does make us old and sick. and fat.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you're not into cheese...No sense even talking to me.

Cheese is art and culture in food form. Hell marathon runners have been utilizing Reggiano as a fuel source for decades.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options

So if I don't eat dairy I won't get old, I'll become magically unsick and I will shed pounds like crazy?

Wow. Dairy is the anti-food.

The number on my ticker is still going up, even though I eat that evil yogurt, cheese, butter and cream. You keep your silly over-generalizations to yourself and stop presuming things about people's bodies and I'll keep my opinions about how silly it is to say what you say. Fair?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

It makes us old? I thought living did that.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Adult fish still eat fish. Sadly blackening spices and tartar sauce are beyond their reach.

That makes me sad for fish. And now I want tartar sauce.

As for the topic at hand, I believe cheese is delicious and eat it daily. It's not something I'm willing to give up.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Cheese is made of Milk. Even Cows don't drink milk once they wean. Why do humans think drinking or eating it is healthy?

Oh dear. Well, cows also don't use emergency surgical procedures to save each other's lives. Cows don't filter the water they drink to remove impurities. Maybe we should stop those things too.

Unless you are lactose intolerant (which, given, many people are) there is nothing wrong with dairy products from healthy animals.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Cheese has fat in it...you can't lose weight if you eat food with fat in it!!!

BTW not my personal opinion lol

Apparently the person who came up with that opinion has never heard of healthy fats. It blows my mind the crap that people tell themselves when it comes to losing weight. If you cut ALL fats out of your diet your body will be so confused that it will hold onto any fat that it CAN get (Aka-starvation mode. Also happens when people think it's healthy to cut down to 800 calories a day....but I'll leave that rant for later). Maybe people should just learn how to eat a hand full of walnuts or soybeans instead of an entire bag of cheese puffs.

It's also ironic that fish oil, nuts, and other high fat sources are recommended when trying to reduce body fat. Hmm....?
  • histora
    Options

Oh dear. Well, cows also don't use emergency surgical procedures to save each other's lives. Cows don't filter the water they drink to remove impurities. Maybe we should stop those things too.

Unless you are lactose intolerant (which, given, many people are) there is nothing wrong with dairy products from healthy animals.

^This. Why do people insist we should live like an animal lives? I prefer not to crap in the water I drink, run recklessly over pocked fields in a blind panic and dying from a broken leg, and eat grass and weeds all day long.

And whoever said that cows having four stomachs was a sign that humans weren't designed to process milk...um, just no. No. Cows (and other ruminants) have four chambers because they eat *grass*, which is high in cellulose and takes longer to break up and derive nutrients from.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love cheese, I eat it everyday normally with an apple.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options

run recklessly over pocked fields in a blind panic

You say it like it's a bad thing...
  • histora
    Options

run recklessly over pocked fields in a blind panic

You say it like it's a bad thing...

Lol, it is until I break a leg!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You post 4 individual studes as "proof"? Science doesn't work that way, my friend. Just becasue a study is more recent, does not make it more or less valid. Considering how many studies have been done on fat, how can 4 be relevant, except as pieces of a big puzzle?

One must consider all the studies, all the information gathered, not just the information from a few hand-picked in an attempt to prove a point. This is what the scientists who make recommendations do. They look at all information avialable to formulate those recommendations. And this is why I choose to stick with the recommendations of the medical science community over a few random internet users/bloggers.

That said, I love cheese and eat it. But like all foods that have been linked to increased risk of disease, I limit how much I eat. Given all the information at hand, that seems the most reasonable thing to me.

That's why we have meta-analyses and reviews:

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Aktion=ShowPDF&ArtikelNr=229002&Ausgabe=250361&ProduktNr=223977&filename=229002.pdf

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Aktion=ShowPDF&ArtikelNr=229004&Ausgabe=250361&ProduktNr=223977&filename=229004.pdf
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Cheese has fat in it...you can't lose weight if you eat food with fat in it!!!

BTW not my personal opinion lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't eat cheese, please take a look- http://girlwholovestheworld.blogspot.com/2012/06/why-i-dont-eat-cheese.html
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love a good strong cheddar but worry about my calorie intake, so I have a thin slice with a little yeast extract to enhance the flavour - seems to curb the cravings.......
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't eat cheese, please take a look- http://girlwholovestheworld.blogspot.com/2012/06/why-i-dont-eat-cheese.html

Don't believe everything you read (or watch on YouTube).

High levels of aluminum were only found in heavily processed cheese like Kraft singles.

Here is an explanation of cheese mites: http://www.thekitchn.com/the-cheesemonger-you-mite-like-63866
    When was the last time you heard of someone catching "cheese mite dermatitis"? If this is such an issue, why is it completely unheard of outside of a few obscure papers?

As far as saturated fat, I urge you to do your own research.

Who funds the fearmongering videos found on nutritionfacts.org? Who is behind these videos?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Who funds the fearmongering videos found on nutritionfacts.org? Who is behind these videos?

Rilke, http://supervegan.com/blog/entry.php?id=1755

His day job - http://activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/o/136-humane-society-of-the-united-states
  • mamatafari
    mamatafari Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mamatafari
    mamatafari Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes well I guess most people just want to put their blinders on. You don't get a heart attack from eating fruits, vegetables, nuts and beans. Only foods that have cholesterol can do that to you..