Why do some people on here say that cheese is unhealthy???

Options

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I used to be the biggest cheese-lover in effing world, then I discovered the truth about dairy and it changed EVERYTHING!

Cow milk is meant for baby cows, just like human milk is meant for baby humans. We are the only species that drinks another animals milk. It's not normal. As far as health, the acidity of milk creates an acidic environment in the body and actually LEACHES calcium from our bones. THe milk does a body good campaign is just a marketing ploy for the dairy industry.

Not only that: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allows 750 million pus cells in every liter of milk (about two pounds). In Europe, regulators allow 400 million pus cells per liter.

Since it takes 10 pounds of milk to make one pound of cheese, a pound of cheese can contain up to 7.5 billion pus cells. If your American cheese is sliced so that there are 16 slices to a pound, that single slice of American or Swiss can contain over 468 million pus cells.

Eighty percent of milk protein consists of casein, a tenacious glue. Casein is the glue that is used to hold a label to a bottle of beer. Try to scrape off one of those labels, then consider the effects of casein in your body. Casein is the glue that holds together wood in furniture.

Behold the power of glue and behold the power of horrible bowel movements. Casein is a foreign protein and your body reacts to its presence by creating an antibody. That antibody-antigen reaction creates histamines. Anti-histamines (like Benadryl) are used to counter the effects of histamines. Mucus and phlegm are produced as a result of cheese consumption.

Not to mention if you don't drink organic, you're consuming hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides.

Also there's tons of resources and sources here: http://www.notmilk.com

I've been off dairy for 9 months now... it wasn't easy since casein is an addictive opiate-like protein meant to attract babies to eat more to become big and strong... mother nature never intended for us to keep drinking it forever. After 2 weeks of withdrawals, I don't miss it at all anymore! There are SO MANY substitutes, life is good and I feel happier and healthier! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCAlsxC1n8k
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8489065
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4085427n
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H2mVAyJXs0
    http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=299544

yeah im not evan going to bother with the rest of your post
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I dont know why they would say it other then it having high salt and fat in it but truthfully if it wasnt for cheese and Yogurt I would never get my dairy in I dont really like milk! I :heart: cheese!!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Cheers for cheese! i use it as an accent: extra-sharp or sharp cheddar, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, and Asiago. if i'm really on a low-fat period, i choose Cabot. there are plenty of ways to incorporate it into a healthy eating plan.

My family ships to Cabot! I love Cabot's cheddar :D
  • susannamarie
    Options
    it is not natural for humans to consume dairy. Think about it, google it.
    i LOVE it though, but it does make us old and sick. and fat.

Sure it's natural, after some of us developed the ability to digest it as an adult, the gene spread rather widely rather quickly indicating that it does indeed confer some sort of evolutionary advantage.

If we can't eat anything our remote ancestors wouldn't have eaten, how far back do we need to go? I've heard of Paleo, but I'd rather not go with Jurassic diet, we seem to be experiencing a shortness of dinosaurs and their relatives.
  • susannamarie
    Options
    the average person should get 55% carbs, 35% protein and 20% fat

Says who? Those numbers are fine but they're not my goals at all.

Haha, not only that, but they add to 110%.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    the average person should get 55% carbs, 35% protein and 20% fat

Says who? Those numbers are fine but they're not my goals at all.

Haha, not only that, but they add to 110%.

You make an excellent point.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Because its a dairy product and although its good calcium for your bones dairy slows down your metabolism & the salt in it is not really good for you salt helps store unneeded watter that can cause you to have some extra weight on your body! Allllsooo if you eat enough it can constipate you lol :-)

You need salt, salt isn't bad for you. Its only bad when way over done.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I find nothing wrong with the cheese. The only down side is it has alot of Sodium. Then I make sure I have enough to stay under that 2500mg mark and no complaints. I eat cheese every other day and lost 70+ pounds in 1/2 year.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I used to be the biggest cheese-lover in effing world, then I discovered the truth about dairy and it changed EVERYTHING!

Cow milk is meant for baby cows, just like human milk is meant for baby humans. We are the only species that drinks another animals milk. It's not normal.

That's not true, seen plenty of animals try to suckle from another animal when it has milk. We're just lucky for the brain we have and learned how to "harvest" milk just like we do all the rest of our food supplies.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    dairy slows down your metabolism

Source?

seriously, I would like to hear where this came from...
    Also, I will NEVER give up my cheese, healthy or unhealthy... BTW, I do like the cheese in the can :blushing: ! but have not had it for years! I have become more cheese pretentious too!

I agree...
    And if dairy slows down your metabolism why do people think yogurt is such a healthy thing to eat? It does wonders for your digestive system.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I love cheese...........
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hmmm , the life expectancy of the French is longer than that of Americans and they eat lots of cheese. Maybe they just wash it down with a good wine.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Hmmm , the life expectancy of the French is longer than that of Americans and they eat lots of cheese. Maybe they just wash it down with a good wine.

And lots of bread.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    cheese (and nuts) are full of fat, which is why people try to limit them, it's not that it's necessarily bad for you, just needs to be moderated, like all fats
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Because they're whack.

Wiggety wiggety wiggety whack.

this.
    cheese is awesome!
  • Jumpinsticks
    Options
    Because it's full of fat and salt and dissolves all my self control when facing it down?

It's horrible but I looked for a 'like' button when I read this comment :) I agree one hundred percent :P I don't think it's really unhealthy, but it is a weakness of mine :)
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Too many people have the mindset of "It tastes good; therefore, it must be unhealthy".
  • Smrhoads
    Smrhoads Posts: 31
    Options
    Because they're whack.

Wiggety wiggety wiggety whack.

^^^this. I love All Things Dairy and will never stop eating All Things Dairy.
  • mcaffreyg
    mcaffreyg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I personally love cheese, but I cannot control my self around the stuff. So I haven't eaten any sine MFP (only been 6 days, but for me thats huge!)

My doctor told me to avoid it because it is high in saturated fats....
  • drotarthebarbarian
    drotarthebarbarian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They are masochists leading joyless lives.

In all seriousness, what are these people defining as "cheese"? Do they mean the wrapped "processed product" slices, or the crap in the green cylinder, or (God forbid) the radioactive orange glop that squeezes out of a can like silly string? Or do they mean cheddar made from raw milk and beer, or soft mozzarella crafted in-house at the Italian market, or parmigiano reggiano cut from a wheel?

This. Cheese is not only high in protein & calcium, but it brings out the flavors of other foods. Portion control is key, as well as avoiding the processed crap that passes for cheese.