Why do some people on here say that cheese is unhealthy???

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Cheese is amazing (and the whole process of making the legit stuff is really quite fascinating). I love me some kerrygold & raw cheddar <3
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    As usual it's a case of personal tolerance, some people get on OK with dairy, some people don't.

I like to gravitate towards a paleo kind of diet and dairy isn't paleo but I eat plenty of cheese, my body can tolerate it and I love the different varieties so it's all good.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I personally love cheese, but I cannot control my self around the stuff. So I haven't eaten any sine MFP (only been 6 days, but for me thats huge!)

My doctor told me to avoid it because it is high in saturated fats....

Yeh, doctors tend to do that, don't they?

I wonder what he (or she) would say about cooking in coconut oil, which is almost entirely saturated fat?

The answer would go a long way to determining if I trusted them with my nutrition, and right now I only trust myself.

I've just had some scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese cooked in 100% animal fat ... I am here to report it does hit the spot :)
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think everything in the entire world has, at one point or another, been deemed unhealthy. So really...if we looked at all of the negatives of everything, nothing we are eating is good for us lol.

Everything in moderation, and I think it is important to find what works for YOU and your body....not what anyone else says about any food. Just my thought :)