*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in July *

Options
Cooriander
Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
Hi Again Runner's Team (and newbies)- July is here, READY to tackle another mileage challenge?

*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in July Challenge *

and back to our regular programming:

*** Checking-in/Joining:

To join, simply let us know your goal mileage, then check-in periodically, reporting your total running mileage and what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up!

Example Check-in report throughout the month (note reporting total mileage of the month is the most important statistics for the spreadsheet):

"I ran 5 miles today, I have run a total of 57 miles for the month! (:"

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Running Mileage:

We only count *running* mileage. Some of use count mileage that is equivalent to running as "running mileage" such as mileage on the ARC trainer or elliptical miles.

*** Where to post:

In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in threads below at the appropriate end date (or both A and B).
A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/652648--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-july
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (join group first)

*** When and Frequency:

We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on spread sheet). So it would be good to get updates
- at least once weekly on or before Sunday. More is fine.

Feel free to update us more because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - and your updates helps us keep inspired too.

*** Spreadsheet:

We will check point your progress within this thread and the group threads with the spreadsheet snapshot below that refreshes as the month progresses. Since the image changes you need to make sure you refresh your browser to ensure you have the latest retrieved cached copy.

*** Hall of Fame :

Here you can find your results from previous months.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411286-hall-of-fame

*** Current: July Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:[/u][/b]

2012-July-Check.PNG
2012-Legend.PNG
2012-July-Trophy.PNG

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I was going to sign up but you already have me down. I will make goal this month.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Primary Goal: 75 miles
    UG: 100 miles
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Mark me down for 240, please.

Thanks
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm so sad that I can't run right now, but if my foot gets better before the end of the month I will check back in and give you my goal mileage.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 110 miles

June's goal was 80 and I ended up with 90.1 which was my planned goal for July, lol. So, I'll go for it this month and say 110 miles. Long as I stay injury free, should be doable.
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Wow..that was a quick update, lol. But it should be 110 miles not 100.

Thanks for all your work on this :)
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    July Goal:100 miles

6 miles today.

I was supposed to run 14, as today was my last long run before my 1/2 trail run next Sunday. But, the trail doesn't open til 7. Ran 6 excruciatingly hot and humid miles. After 2 miles, I knew 14 wasn't happening. When I got home I checked the weather. It was 88 degrees with humidity at 80% and the dew point at 77 degrees, which would make the temp feel like 96 deg. Ugh!! Hope it cools down some before next Sunday, otherwise that is going to be a looong 13 miles.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in and aiming for 60 miles this month. Thanks!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

July Goal: 175 Miles

Started strong with 11.5 this morning! Good Luck everyone!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Can I join this? I'm looking to do 140 this month.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Got the month off to a good start this morning

7.2 miles

Month to date: 7.2 of 100 miles.

Ted
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Can you put me down for 60? In August I start half marathon training again so I need to pick it up.
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Trying for 55 miles this month :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Having my first try at 100miles.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I am going for 150 miles, my marathon training says I should so I am following the plan for the extra push. If I make it it will be the highest mileage EVER! Whoaaa!

PS I will be traveling back to the states tomorrow, so expect a 2 day delay for the update of the spread sheet. :wink: (but, I will try a quick refresh tonight before I got to bed).
  • Cooriander
    Options
    3dogsrunning said:

I was going to sign up but you already have me down. I will make goal this month.
    I think I saw you indicated interest in the June thread so I signed you up! and hoped you wouldn't refuse :tongue:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    CarsonRuns said:

Mark me down for 240, please.

Thanks

a three digit number starting with a 2 is very impressive!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    MissFit0101 said:

I'm so sad that I can't run right now, but if my foot gets better before the end of the month I will check back in and give you my goal mileage.

aww I am so sorry about your injury, and will miss your updated ): and I anm looking forward to a speed recovery!
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am interested in trying. My goal will be lowly 60 miles this month.
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    6.01 mile run in 1:06:26, Avg Pace 11:04, Splits 11:09 - 11:15 - 11:14 - 11:08 - 11:06 - 10:31, 90F, DP 71, mostly sunny. Another sweaty run, literally dripping with it. Tired, but feeling good.

That gives me 30.2 miles this week, and my streak goes to 9 days :)

WTD: 6.01
    MTD: 6.01 (110 goal)