*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in July *

Options

Replies

• nikki_fro
    nikki_fro Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Another 5.5 miles tonight, so thats 24.7 miles this week :-)

54.7 for the month
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Really good week this week... new long run!

7/18: 4.1 miles
    7/19: 3.7 miles
    7/20: 5.4 miles
    7/22: 10.6 miles (new long run!)

Week 1 Total: 29.8 miles
    Week 2 Total: 23.2 miles
    Week 3 Total: 23.8 miles

Month to date: 76.8 of 100 miles.

Next week is a cut-back week in my HM training plan, but I am still on track to get to 100 miles by the end of the month.

Ted
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 7.53 miles today

exercise.png
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    6.2 miles done as I ran my first 10K race today!

well done! How did it go?

Was hoping to finish in under 52, but missed my goal - came in at 52:08. Took 3rd place for females in my age group. So, ok, but not spectacular.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    7/22: 6.5 miles

MTD: 54.6
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Was hoping to finish in under 52, but missed my goal - came in at 52:08. Took 3rd place for females in my age group. So, ok, but not spectacular.

I say that's spectacular. I'm hoping for 55 minutes or at least under an hour. I would love for a 52 minute time.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hey!

33 miles this week, and 102.7 so far this month
  • jeffrey2584
    jeffrey2584 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    17 miles this week - 44 for the month!

exercise.png
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I say that's spectacular. I'm hoping for 55 minutes or at least under an hour. I would love for a 52 minute time.

SO proud of you! Good job! And I agree with utes09 ... a 52 minute 10K is SPECTACULAR!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Thanks. These cramps are like nothing I've had before. This is the third day that I can hardly walk. I'll have to go pickup a foam roller.

i've heard that dill pickle juice works wonders for cramps... don't know if it would work for you but it might be worth a try?

also make sure you are properly hydrated (before running, really works for my cramps).
  • Cooriander
    Options
    j_courter said:

7/20- 3.12 miles- 5K Personal Best tonight! 27:23.02

exercise.png

CONGRATS!!! great time!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    slsky said:

3 miles today, not going to hit my target this month as off to Spain on a 2 week vacation from Saturday and no time to run tomorrow.

MTD 39 miles.

Corriander, please keep me on the spread sheet and I will go for 60 miles in August.

Good luck everyone on reaching your July targets.

OK I put a note that you are traveling (: have fun!! I love traveling in Spain!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    krue1971 said:

I hate to say this, I have take a break from running for a little while due to injury. I will be back though.

So sorry to hear it, ): best for a speedy recovery!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    3dogsrunning said:

12/07/17 - usually Tuesday track group - we hit the hills this time, did a pretty fun partner workout. Partner 1 sprints 3 pole lengths, while partner 2 jogs easy. After the three pole lengths, Partner 1 slows to and easy jog and Partner 2 sprints to catch up, when they do, partner 2 slows to easy jog, partner 1 sprints again. It works best when people are similar speeds. Repeat.
    We did that one twice for the length of the long hill. Then another similar one and then a steady effort all the way up.

Mapmyrun ap says almost 5 miles total, but I just urned it on and left it so it may include a bit of pacing/walking. I'll call it an even 4 miles for today.

Sounds like a GREAT workout!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check :happy: got a bit behind because dealing with a new injury (Since July7th) :cry: - still cross training ...
  • Cooriander
    Options

SO proud of you! Good job! And I agree with utes09 ... a 52 minute 10K is SPECTACULAR!

Yes yes yes!! and it was a first race too!! CONGRATS!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    wombat94 said:

Really good week this week... new long run!

7/18: 4.1 miles
    7/19: 3.7 miles
    7/20: 5.4 miles
    7/22: 10.6 miles (new long run!)

Week 1 Total: 29.8 miles
    Week 2 Total: 23.2 miles
    Week 3 Total: 23.8 miles

Month to date: 76.8 of 100 miles.

Next week is a cut-back week in my HM training plan, but I am still on track to get to 100 miles by the end of the month.

Ted

Excellent - contrats on you new long RUN!!! going over double digits is a great accomplishment!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    shellyb2012 said :

Running lifts me into the light ... it helps me focus my mind and my attitude ♥

[/url]

So true!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    hewhoiscd said:

6 mile run in 1:08:23, Avg Pace 11:24, Splits 11:48 - 11:25 - 11:20 - 11:29 - 11:28 - 10:53, 88F, DP 78, Sunny

Managed to get out there before the heat of the day so it was "only" 88F out. Still got a good sweat on though :D

Saw the momma duck and her two duckies. They are starting to get adult coloring and starting to look like mini adult ducks. Lots of lizards, many teeny tiny ones again. Busy lizards. Saw a lot of doves today, more like startled them into flight, lol.

Week 3 Total: 14.4 miles
    MTD: 90.4

88F, UGH Yeah I can't wait for cooler months!