Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies RWH Legs tonight. I had a really good shoulder day until I decided to use 10lb weight for squats which is heavy for what I've been using since I hurt my shoulder. I could feel after the exercise that my shoulder blade area was getting tight. I used the heating pad and it feels better.
    I had DH cover the basement window and close the door to my workout area so the handymen couldn't see me. The new tv is great. I had to push it back as close to the wall because I felt too close to it. With the old tv I could be right in front of it and it never felt too close! LOL
    OMG I found out today that I may move to the new and scary project after next week. Scary because I feel pretty intimidated because it is a big challenge and I'm afraid I'm not going to cut it.
    My new Tai Cheng program arrived today. Everything was still in the shrink wrap. The only thing missing was the foam roller. The first DVD has a description of the program and how it works, a function test, how to tape the calibration grid on the floor which helps which foot placement and very good instruction on how to do the different poses.
    The function test to help see where you have problems and document them. The highest grand total score is 20. The higher the number the less help you need from this program. The lower then you have some work ahead of you. I scored pretty low because after every test he asks if there was any pain or discomfort which can be felt on any part of the body as you do the test. I felt the shoulder tightness with moves I didn't think I could feel it and my hamstrings were tight after doing legs. Anyway I scored 5 which is pretty bad.
    https://youtu.be/hZ99vG6kUZk

The Tai Chi moves are NOT easy. I was cracking up inside because the first stand you have to stand with feet shoulder width apart. Standing on the balls of the feet with toes lightly touching the floor, knees bent and pointing to the sides while feet point forward. Then after he reminds you to keep a straight back, tuck (pelvic tilt) shoulders back. This is while you're doing those lunge sort of stands! Hips have to point forward in the direction you're facing. So as I am trying to do the pose I'm making all these funny moves with my body: tilt, point hips in the right direct, shoulders back. I definitely am tight and need to work on posture and balance. I can see how this program helps. I want to keep doing it but it will take me a while to learn the poses. DH will cut me a piece of that special floor he got for my workout area so I can tape the grid on a separate piece of floor so it doesn't interfere with my other workouts.

Laurie, great job for getting a workout in with the puppy trying to help! OMG! I can't believe he wanted to eat the dry wall and how scary about the tornado watch. Glad you're OK. DH used to have dogs and now I understand why he tells young couples who can't wait to have kids to adopt a puppy first. It's like having a child! LOL
    We don't have curtains in most windows in our house. Definitely don't have curtains in the basement window which is in the back of the house. So DH used a flattened box as window covering! LOL It worked! I still haven't checked the web part on the tv but I know DH did the wifi setup.

Laurel, great combo! Those scrambled premixes are great! I also hate having people watch me when I workout. When I've gone to El Salvador and want to workout I have to do it in front of my family as there is no place to workout except that in the living room in front of the tv. Of course my aunt wants to watch me and that makes me so uncomfortable. I used to workout at gyms when I was younger but since I got used to the DVD's at home I prefer to workout at home.
    I don't mind the cold temps. The snow can be more of an inconvenience.

Tami, welcome back! Great job for getting your workouts in. So glad you had a good time. I'm sorry to hear those fires are still burning in Idaho.
    I'm scared of not being able to do Cize but I'll give it a try. The music in this program is fun so I hope that will help me "get it"

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in the LIS TriSets Total Body Premix last night, and this morning was 21DFX Cardio Fix Extreme. The 21DFX left me in a puddle of sweat. Good workout.

Laurel, Nice on the workouts, now I'm looking forward to trying the Rockout workout tonight. I have not tried this premix before either. The little stinker is at doggy daycare today, think my youngest dd needs a break from puppy sitting him. :D

Tami, Glad to hear that you had a good time, but to bad that you had the smoke to deal with. Glad to see that you where able to get in your yoga too. I think that yoga workout is my favorite. Sounds like you are on the same workouts that I'm on. I was happy the family let me do the 86 min. of the total body. Yes we now have a Rocket in the family, and I did post a pic. Should be just a little ways up the tread. He is a very smart, and loves to cuddle. Melted all the hearts in our house within a couple of days.

Thelma, Good job on the workout, and of course getting your new workouts. Sounds like an interesting series, I have tried Tai Chi before, but it never really clicked with me. I don't know if I really gave it a shot though. Glad that you where able to make adjustments to your workout space so that you could enjoy your workout without someone watching your. ;) Yep having a puppy is a lot like having a toddler getting into everything.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Turbobarre. Sometimes this workout clicks with me.....and sometimes it doesn't. But today was a good day with it. I really enjoyed it. For cardio, I did Intensity which always clicks with me. :)

Tami, welcome back! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your few days away, but I am sorry about the continuation of so many fires. So scary and sad. No doubt you will caught up on the rotation in no time. Yes, I am adding on a workout each day to the rotation. I try to do strength and cardio on each day, so on strength days per the rotation, I add cardio. And on cardio days, I add strength. My body (and mind) seem to like this.....so I will try to do it while I have the time and energy.

Thelma, Tai Chi is no joke! Like Laurie, I have never been able to get into it, but I know it is a fantastic way to get into shape and does amazing things for the body. I hope you enjoy it! Sorry to hear about the new project. But I have no doubt you are up for the challenge!

Laurie, love that Total Body Tri-set workout! Great job getting it in because it is long. Hope Rocket (and your daughter) enjoyed the day at Doggy Day Care.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ After my check in with you all I did go push "play" and had enough time to get in the Total Body Tri-Sets. Today is Rockin Knockout, Premix #2 which I plan on doing when I get home. It feels good to be back to work and as I was driving this a.m. I thought how long it has been that I was actually anxious and happy to be going back to work after a few days off. I used to almost be in tears with dread when I had to go back to my old job. Such a difference! :)

Thelma: Way to get your workout done and no interruptions with the handymen! Nice of DH to help out with that. I bet you are excited to get into the Tai Chi workouts and improve. Sounds like it will be something that will challenge your mind and body at the same time, getting correct posture, etc.

Laurie: OK, I scrolled back further than last night and there is cute little Rocket. He looks like mischief!!! Is he a Border Collie mix? So fun that you have him and I bet the doggy daycare will be wonderful for him; exposing him to other environments and dogs is so great. Plus burn off some of that puppy energy. LOL :#

Laurel: Great combo getting TB done and then moving into Intensity! I bet it felt great. I do have to say I have a little bit of dread factor going into Turbo Barre ~ maybe I will feel differently about it when I get it done this time. I remember it being one I didn't click with either. Could end up being like High Reps, I really enjoy that one now. Your workouts sound perfect to compliment the rotation; so awesome that you have that time to add it in! :);)

Yes, the fires and smoke are so crazy at this point. Some of the fires are just burning because there is not enough man power to fight all of them going on. The sun is barely peaking through the sky today and when you do see it the color is dark orange, almost red. Really an eary look to the sky.

Hope you all have a great afternoon ~ I will talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Rockout Knockout and my Cize program arrived today so I also did Crazy 8's which is the instructional video. It is a 30 minute workout. It was pretty easy choreography so I was able to follow it. You definitely need dance sneakers so I'm glad I still had my dance shoes.
    I woke up with serious DOMS and totally stiff from the leg workout yesterday. I went from Cathe's cool down into the Tai Cheng instructional video and didn't do my usual leg deep massage which I never skip. This explains why I never really have DOMS.
    My shoulder blade area was stiff this morning and I forgot to use the heating pad. I was still stiff after Rockout Knockout but it got better once I did Crazy 8's.

Laurie, great job getting your workouts in!!! I tried Tai Chi before but it was just DVD. It was nothing like this Tai Cheng program. The way this guy instructs you into the right way to do the position is pretty awesome. I hope I can get into it. I definitely need to do the "how to" DVD for a long time.

Laurel, wonderful combo today Laurel! I hope I am able to get into Tai Ch, I need to do something to help this injury prone body. I hope this program is it!

Tami, great job for getting those workouts in! I was glad DH covered the window for me because the handymen were still here today and will be here tomorrow too. Tai Chi will definitely be a body/mind challenge. It doesn't look hard but it's quite the opposite.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I really didn't have enough time to do that Rockout Knockout premix, so I opted for the Timesaver #3. Still enjoyed that one, even if it wasn't the scrambled workout. This morning was 21DFX Plyo Fix Extreme. Feeling really good this week, even if I wasn't able to get in all the same workouts, but I have been enjoying adjusting them to meet my schedule. Still keeping in with the theme of the rotation.

Rocket had a great time at doggy daycare, and was one tired puppy when he got home. :D He is really a very sweet guy.

Laurel, Glad to hear that the turbobarre workout clicked with you, I'm opting out of that one. For one, I don't have the workout. Two, I don't like barre at all, so I'm going to do Kelly's 30MTF Body Training. Have to do a short workout, oldest dd is moving into her apartment today, so she will need some help. Of course Intensity clicked for you! Love when a workout combo just feels right.

Tami, Nice job on that workout, even though it is a long one, it is fun. I like that the ab work is mixed in with the set, because I really tend to avoid working the abs. :D Very nice that you were happy driving into work. <3 I think that Rocket has a bunch of stuff in him. But yes Boarder Collie, and I think Blue Heeler. They said Husky/Shepherd, so the Heeler would make sense, sine they are a shepherd. He does have a tendency to herd you. He may even have some type of Terrier in him, just by looking at his head shape.

Thelma, Great job on the kb workout, and of course your Cize dancing. That is a Shaun T program right? Glad to hear that you where able to get the stiffness out of you body with your dancing. Nice that you can have a fun workout, and use your dance shoes also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I felt like a relatively light strength workout today because I was feeling Turbo Barre this morning! Crazy. Anyhow, I opted for Cathe's Supersets workout. I have maybe done that workout 6 times since I got it in 2003......and now this is the third time in two months I have reached for it! Never too late for that 'click' I suppose. It was perfect for this morning. For cardio, I did Afterburn, which I always enjoy.

Tami, glad you pushed play! I bet it felt good to get that workout in despite being tired. How fun to enjoy going to work!! That has got to be such a good feeling. But the fires......horrible. Such a sad situation up there right now. Any word on your DH's fall fishing? I have a definite dread factor every time I do Turbo Barre. But, boy, this time I enjoyed it.....and my backside is feeling the pain! :) I guess that's a good thing?

Thelma, hope you are feeling well. Sounds like you are managing your pain and stiffness well by the sounds of things. Thanks for the info about dance shoes and Cize. I don't own anything like that so that is something I will need to consider if I purchase. Definitely like to know that before hand!

Laurie, love how you are making the rotation work for you. Yep, if you hate barre, I think it is a smart move to look right past Turbo Barre. For me, it just tests my patience because there is a lot of standing in one place.....and I like to move more when I workout! Glad to hear Rocket enjoyed Doggy Day Care.....even if it did wear him out.

Have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies & Happy Friday! Feels like Tuesday to me .... LOL So last night I headed home and did the planned Rockin Knockout Scrambled Pre-Mix #2, lots of fun as always and I really like that pre-mix! This a.m. I did Turbo Barre; felt very slow and not one that has "grown on me" just yet, but I was glad to do the workout! Tomorrow I am planning on AfterBurn, which I always look forward too.

Laurie: Great job with the workouts! You are doing an amazing job with your a.m./p.m. combos! I am glad that Rocket had a good day at doggy daycare. Sounds like definitely a good mix of very smart dogs in him.

Laurel: Awesome job today and glad to hear you were feeling it this a.m. from TB. It is very sad on all the fires. We had a tiny sprinkle of rain today which was unexpected but we need a down pour forsure. So far, the fishing is still on; in fact it is the weekend after Labor Day that he leaves.

Thelma: Sounds like you have some DOMS going on but hopefully they worked themselves out a bit. I hope you enjoy your new workouts!

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a good weekend. We had a pretty good one. Rainy but good.
    On Friday I almost didn't workout. I was physically and mentally exhausted but forced myself to do XT Chest, Back & Shoulders. On Saturday I did Great Glutes and Shaun T's Crazy 8's. Today spinning. We didn't have time to work on my Tai Chi grid. Hopefully next weekend.
    My upper back got tight at the end of yesterday and it was very tight today but doing much better now.

I found this ab workout. It looks like a lot of fun and I love the music!
    https://youtu.be/u2EGLIyDkXE

Laurie, good jog getting your workouts in. I'm glad you're feeling really good! Cize isShaun T's new program. My old dance shoes are a little tight now that my feet have gotten a little wider and had to look for new ones online. As I was reading the reviews found that a lot of women are getting injuries from doing Zumba with regular sneakers because they can't slide or turn easily. It never occurred to me that people would get injured from doing Zumba!

Laurel, awesome workout on Friday! I'm glad you're enjoying Supersets. I didn't have it when the the rotation started but I have it now. I hope I like it. Of course I can't lift heavy weights. :(
    As I was searching for new dance shoes online I found these things that you put on your sneakers to help slide/turn on a carpet. It looks like a band that goes around the toebox area.

Tami, great workouts! I definitely had some DOMS going but I massaged them out.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I decided not to workout on Friday evening with helping get oldest into her new appt., but Saturday was 21DFX Dirty 30, and then I followed that up with Afterburn. Didn't do the yoga workout on Sunday, youngest dd and I went to a bridal shower. Had a good time seeing people we have not been with since faire.

Laurel, I really love that Superset workout, and like you I never reached for it. Great job on the combo! I have tried to like barre, but it just doesn't click with me.

Tami, Nice job on your workouts too! Rocket has his moments, I'm not a huge fan of the mouthing stage that puppies go through. Overall he is a good dog, and learning fast.

Thelma, Great job on pushing through your workouts! That workout looks like the ones my dd's used to do when they where in gymnastics. I have a friend who teaches Zumba, and I think that she wears dance shoes also. Hope you find a pair that will be comfy for you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We enjoyed a nice, hot weekend here in Florida. Managed to get golf in both days.....and walked. It was definitely toasty (heat index well into the 100's) but a light breeze on both days made it very manageable. Felt good to be in the sun actually.

Saturday was my day off from workouts (no yoga for me unfortunately), but started week 3 yesterday with XT Chest, Back and Shoulders. I added the 100 lateral raises and core 1. For cardio, I started with X10 Step and concluded with Step Moves. I am going to rearrange the workout schedule a bit this week, so I will be off a bit. Today I did XT Bi's and Tri's <3 plus the 100 bicep and triceps exercises. For cardio, I did Kick Max.

Tami, glad you got through Turbo Barre. It really is a lesson in patience, isn't it? I do like the finishing upper body/core work though. Glad to hear the fishing trip is still on. I hope your temperatures cool off a bit for the poor fish though!

Thelma, thanks for the ab workout. Looks like a good one. You did some great workouts this weekend. Lucky you getting rain!! We really could use some right now. Things get dry so quickly down here because of the heat. Two weeks ago we couldn't walk across a golf course without getting covered in mud. This weekend.......the ground was almost too hard in places to hit from. Crazy.

Laurie, hope your DD's move went all right. Bet that was a bittersweet move for you, though. Glad to hear Rocket is a fast learner. He just has to go through his inevitable 'growing up' phase I suppose. Thankfully it is faster with dogs than say.....humans. :D

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend went by super fast. Friday evening I went to Spinning before heading home, Saturday was AfterBurn and then off to work for a few hours, met my BFF for lunch and then when I got home my in-laws where at the house visiting. I received an "S.O.S." text from DH saying they were there and to come home when I could, they were waiting for me. LOL By the time they left it was getting close to dinner time already. So yesterday I did XT Chest/Back/Shoulders Dbl Trouble Pre-mix. Then headed off for my errands, house cleaning and food prep. Our area is still so incredibly smoky outside. Air quality is at the worst level, I cannot even imagine how bad it is where the fires are. So sad. Some of them are predicted to not be 100% contained until October. :'(:/ So being the best time of year for us normally it will be very smoky, hot and dry still. Temps were in the 70's now creeping up a little; no rain in the forecast. I am very thankful that we are not in danger with as many fires that are in our area, so eventhough the smoke is not fun, I am thankful. :'(:) Today's workout will be BootCamp after work.

Laurel: Awesome job with the workouts and getting in the golf! I bet it was lots of fun despite the warm temps. Yes, TB definitely is a lesson in patience . . . kind of like when I do Yoga or Stretch if it moves super slow I get impatient; but always feel good when I am done. From what DH said, the water temps are doing ok for the fish, since we got out of the 100's it really helped.

Laurie: Way to get in your Dirty 30 & Afterburn workout. Sounds like you had a nice weekend with your DD.

Thelma: Send some of that rain our way please! Great job getting in your workout(s) despite the tireds. Thanks for posting that ab workout; I think I have seen that before somewhere. It does look good. Those fit little gymnasts! A lady I used to work with hurt her knee doing Zumba because of the shoe situation. Who knew? She was very unfit, but because her momentum went one way and her knee stayed it caused a problem. Glad you are getting the shoes worked out for your Cize workouts! Don't want any problems there I am positive. ;)

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening ~ I will talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! XT Burn Sets (is it one word?). In my case more like wimp sets! LOL I'm applying heat to my upper back to prevent tightness because I feel something happening on my right shoulder. I also took one Aleve just in case! This is a new DVD for me. I just got it because the rotation called for it. Laurel, you said supersets was the one that was growing on you right? That one I've done before so I got confused with the names. I didn't mean to lie! LOL

Laurie, sounds like you had a good weekend with your girls and with good workouts! Is your oldest living in her apartment yet? She must be so excited. Those little gymnasts make that ab workout so easy. I'm sure your DD did something similar. I can't wait to get my new shoes. I can't afford to wear tight shoes.
    Glad Rocket is a fast learner. How is Cami doing?

Laurel, Awesome workouts! I'm glad you had a great golf weekend. I don't know if Saturday was a day off if you were walking a golf course! LOL
    OMG I don't think I could live in FL. I remember one summer DH and I were going to meet my grandmother and my aunt there and they couldn't make it but we went. It was horribly hot for my taste. I still can't believe I grew up in hot El Salvador and now I can't take the hot weather! LOL
    WOW! Things do dry up quickly there. We got a little rain today and tomorrow will be raining all day.

Tami, weekends always go way too fast. You had a busy one! Great job for getting those workouts in. So funny about your husband sending you an S.O.S text about his parents being at your house! LOL
    I'm sorry you guys are still having those fires. Do you leave the dogs outside all day long? Does the smoke affect them? I'm glad you're not in danger! I would love to send some of this rain your way. We really have had a lot of rain this summer but I think it is because we really had a dry spring.
    What's going on with your husband's fall fishing? Will he be able to do it?
    Those little gymnasts are so fit! It looks so effortless!
    How scary about that lady hurting her knee. You would think the instructors would recommend dance shoes. I read as I was looking for my own dance shoes that even the so called Zumba shoes aren't good enough.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work yesterday, ran a few errands and then needed to get dinner going. Of course I had to play with Rocket a little while also. :D This morning I did 21DFX Plyo Fix Extreme.

Laurel, Great workouts! Love that you are mixing them up to make it work for you, I of course am doing the same thing. I'm probably going to be doing today's workout as a timesaver premix. Just can't do those long workouts after I get home. I still like doing the rotation, but need to shorten them. Yes it was a bit strange hugging her on the way out of her apt. She didn't have a ton of things to move, since this is her first place. It is a very nice place, compared to what I first had. I'm hoping that the mouthing gets better, we have to get some training scheduled.

Tami, Nice job on the double trouble. LOL on your DH sending out an SOS with his parents visiting. ;) I think that my DH would probably do the same thing. Some of the pictures that are coming out of those fires are scary. Hope they are able to contain this way sooner than Oct.

Thelma, Good job on the workout, and hope that you back is okay with it. I think it is two, but then again I didn't pay attention. Yep she moved in Friday evening. She did show up at our house yesterday, she had some end tables delivered to our house. I'm sure it is safer for her to send things to our house, than have them sitting outside her apt.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was Cardio Leg Blast, and I did one of the extreme premixes and added on the cardio only premix. Wasn't as long or as bad as it sounds!! Then I finished it with Core 2. Good workout!

Tami, love that double trouble premix! I didn't have time for it on Sunday but, boy, I wanted to do it. Such a killer workout. I am happy to hear the fishing trip is still on and the water temperatures are cooler. But the fires.......no good. At least there is now more attention being paid to what is happening up there and maybe that means more help. Such a sad situation.

Thelma, great workout! The Supersets workout I did is from Cathe's Body Blast series (released around 2003). Are you thinking of Supercuts? It is so impossible to keep all these names straight!! I find the secret to enduring the heat in FL is time. I was seriously wondering what we were thinking last summer but this summer I have been much better. It is no wonder being away from the heat for as long as you have that you struggle with it because it does take some time to adjust to. And I know I will have that adjustment next time we go someplace cold!! I will be thinking 'how did I ever live in Alaska?' when I am freezing at 55 degrees!!

Laurie, the good thing about this rotation is it seems most of the workouts have timesaver premixes anymore, so you can make them fit your schedule. I love that Cathe consistently offers that option because it adds so much variety to a workout program instead of only having a handful of workouts under 45 minutes or so. Glad to hear your daughter found a nice place. I lived in a pretty dicey place in college and, well, never wanted to do that again! Hopefully she will have good neighbors too.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So Bootcamp last night was pretty good. She changed it into a Tabata Style, station-to-station of exercises. So 3 at each and we would do 4 rounds of 1 exercise, repeat for #2 and #3 and then rotate. Kind of the same exercises she always has but at least the Tabata created a little more variety. This a.m. was XT Cardio Leg Blast, which is always a good one. :)

No Insane X tonight, I am picking Emma up from her all day of testing at the vet’s office; this is a test he had suggested I get after I had brought her in there a month or so ago (when she had all her bloodwork and x-rays . . not sure if you all remember that) to see if she has something called Cushings Disease; which he explained is more like a syndrome than a disease. It has to do with an over active gland of some kind and medicine helps with it “if” she has it; no harmful side effects with the medicine. We will see. I am trying not to over-worry since he told me not too. He told me not to get on the internet about it either. . . . LOL said he would go over it with me because the internet sites can be a little dramatic about it and scare owners whitless :o

Laurel: Like you, if I had time this a.m. I would have done the x-treme premix on legs as well! Always a great addition to that workout. Nice job Yes, in fact Fairchild AF Base has some special fire crews now in place to go help with some of the fires that are not being contained.

Laurie: Great job with your workout this a.m. sometime evenings just go that way forsure. I bet Rocket enjoyed your attention forsure! Such exciting times for your DD and her new place. I bet she is loving it.
    When did you say that new Beach Body workout comes out? The one with Autumn and the Body Beast guy? Is it December?

Thelma: Sounds like you are taking all the precautions for your upper back to not be too tight and unmovable. Good Job on that. Yes, sadly the dogs are outside all day. If DH is out running errands or seeing clients, he stops by and checks on them. Depends on the day. The smoke and air quality definitely take its toll on healthy people; I know on Sunday I felt tired all day but just kept pushing forward. DH said he was the same way. I can imagine all the animals are feeling the effects too. Poor things. As far as he knows right now all is ok with his Fall Fishing season, so he is planning on it. The area he is in is not under fire but it will be miserably smoky there.

Hope you ladies have a nice evening ~ talk to you tomorrow,

Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! XT Legs tonight. I like this workout a lot. My back was tight this morning but a little heat, massage and advil helped a lot.

Laurie, great workout! Did your DD show up at the house at meal time? LOL! I hope she lives in a safe area.

Laurel, what a great combo! Goodts job! I must've been thinking about Supercuts for sure! The body does adapt to different weather conditions. I'm sure temps in the 50's now make feel like you were in Alaska! LOL

Tami, I'm glad you enjoyed the BC class. Great job. Please keep us posted on Emma's lab work results. Poor thing was she exhausted after spending the entire day at the vet's. Probably a very stressful day for her. Hopefully your dogs won't have any respiratory issues due to the smoke. I'm glad things are looking good for your husband's fall fishing!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No one was home when I got off work, so no workout. Someone had to watch the puppy. :D He isn't quite ready to stay in the workout space, tried to chew on my leg this morning. I did get in the XTrain Cardio Leg Blast Premix this morning, so that was fun. Even though I could do the whole workout, it was fun to get in half of it. Hopefully I will be able to get in something after work today.

Youngest starts her first day of classes for Cosmetology today, she looked the part. ;) Very stylish, and her hair and makeup looked great. Where does she get that from, I sure don't look that stylish when I leave for work. :D

Laurel, Sounds like a tough workout though! I can imagine that your legs are feeling that one today. Cathe even said that all the exercises would work the legs good. That is one thing about Cathe's workouts that I love, she does give some great premixes. Sometimes you have to decide which one to try. I was glad that I did this premix, now I know that I don't need the big step. I can just use high step, and save some space. The only thing that she does on Premix #3 is step ups and the lunges. I think the other short premix incorporates the step more. I hope that she has some good neighbors also, and that she is just as good.

Tami, Glad to hear that the bootcamp class was a good one. Nice that she mixed it up with doing tabatas. I think that the internet can scare anyone with just about everything. You can make yourself crazy scared if you believed everything that is on there. Hope that you get some good news, but it sounds like she could be helped with medication if she does have that syndrome. Rocket needs a lot more attention that Cami does, but I try really hard to make sure she doesn't feel left out. Can't leave that little guy unattended that is certain. :D Yes that BB workout will be coming out in December, after doing the 21DFX and seeing the results from Body Beast, it should be an interesting combo.

Thelma, Great job on the leg workout! LOL about dd showing up for dinner. No she didn't, but she probably didn't even think about it. :D She came to our house right after she got off of work. I think that she is liking being on her own.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Today I started with XT Supercuts extreme premix. Absolutely love this workout! Just flies by for me. I took a bit of a break before going into my cardio. For that, I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion which felt great today. I was surprised after yesterday's workout that my legs held up to both workouts......but they did! Tomorrow may be a different story though. :p

Tami, sounds like a good BC class. At least she is trying to do something different with it. I hope all is well with Emma. Keep us posted. Yes, staying off the internet when it comes to health matters--for people and pups--is very smart. A person could go crazy with all of the stuff out there!

Thelma, great workout. When do you leave on your trip? Bet you are looking forward to that right now.

Laurie, actually sounds like a nice evening babysitting the puppy while the family was out. Much better than a workout! The second part of Cardio Leg Blast does use the regular step for the cardio sections. I still kind of wish she had left the step out of this workout (for cardio) and Tabatacise. I have grown used to both but, anymore, less equipment is better for me and workouts. Hope your DD enjoys Cosmetology School!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No update on Emma yet. All the tests were sent in and I will get a call from the vet tomorrow afternoon sometime. Glad it isn't like a week to wait, but still! LOL She was very excited to go home and starving. Poor girl. She had to fast prior to bringing her and then not eat all day while she was there. So she of course had extra scoops of food when we got home! No workout yet today, not sure if I hit the snooze or set my alarm wrong this a.m. :s So I am headed to Spinning tonight after work!

Laurel: Awesome job with the workouts again today! Yes, I am proud for not looking up anything on that disease/syndrome because I will over worry or question the tests probably. LOL Glad your legs were good to go for your workout today after yesterday's combo. Very nice!

Laurie: Way to get in what you could this a.m. I didn't have enough time for anything this a.m. but I should think of that when I hit snooze one too many times; something would make me feel better at that point than nothing until the evening. ;) Sounds like a busy evening with Rocket! Bernie is the one in our family that doesn't need quite as much attention; medically or socially! But he sure does love to be with us and loved. He is very funny. It is becoming a habit for him to wander over to my workout mat and just lay down and watch me, rotating side to side to see my every move. Makes me laugh.

Thelma: Glad to hear your back is handling your workouts and ice/heat/Advil is helping! Yes, I hope they won't have any issues. Poor things. Today seems slightly better OR I am just getting used to it.
    She was pooped once she got home and had something to eat. She layed down and was snoring in front of us. Poor girl. They said she was quiet as a mouse all day and just watched them all work throughout the day.
    I had to have one of the vet techs help me lift her into my car; she won't jump in at all but she used to at least put her front paws up and let me lift the rest of the way . . . now she just sits behind my car and looks at me.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
    Tami