Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did a long cardio combo today. I started with RWH Lower Body Circuit (per the rotation) and followed it with the RWH Low Impact HiiT One and Two Combo premix. Loved it! I finished it with Core 2.

Tami, so happy to hear you are all better! Hope that remained the same after the Insane X class! But it certainly sounds like you recovered well. I am sure that has you relieved!!

Thelma, so glad to hear you are doing better as well. I have found that sometimes I over-tense my muscles trying to keep form and that can cause me some issues. For example, during deadlifts, in an effort to keep my shoulders back, I tense up through my biceps, and I can feel my old friend bicep tendinitis kicking in at times. So I understand if your shoulder/back pain may be caused by muscle tension. I hope that is what it is because that is easy to address. Regarding exercise calories and MFP.....I am really surprised how many people include normal daily activities in their exercise calories. But, then again, I never compensated for my exercise calories when I was losing weight because I am so short and old! I needed to workout just to be able to eat 1200 calories a day! Sad but true.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed that workout! B&G will always be one of my favorites because it is so versatile with the premixes. Regarding the yoga workouts, I like them. Yoga Relax is really a stretching workout more than yoga IMO. But it is relaxing and makes my body feel good. Yoga Strength is more traditional yoga but is relatively easy to do (nothing like YogaX in other words). I didn't expect to like these workouts because before this series, I didn't much care for any of Cathe's stretching. I would recommend them if you are looking for some relatively short (less than an hour) and moderate to easy yoga workouts--workouts that are effective but not brutal on the body. There are also premixes that take the workouts to about 30 minutes or so in both cases which is a nice option. Nothing ground breaking in them.....but nice workouts.

rainbow198, welcome!! I am a home exerciser only and have been for over 25 years! :o I found Cathe in the late 1990's, and all these years later, she still manages to challenge me. Sounds like you have some of her best workouts with both Cross Fire and Intensity on the top of my favorites list. I own most of her workouts so if you have any questions when adding to your collection, feel free to ask. Hope you keep posting!!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well if Monday night didn't prove it to me, last night definitely did! Katy was in rare form and it was the circuits that had 5 moves in each. Doing 50, 25, 15, 8 of each. Of course she included Kettleball Swings and handed the 25 lbs to me "saying do at least half 1 handed" Yipes! I did it and my back was fine. Forgot to mention, in between that circuit and then the next one (combined of all new 5 exercies; including hurdle burpees) we ran suicide sprints until everyone was done. This a.m. I did Hard Strikes and planning on Spinning tonight.

Thelma: Good choice on the Aleve! That is what I bought specifically the other day and it helped I think. I hope yours is relaxing more and more. Nice job with the leg workout! What a burn, way to go! Katy didn't give me many options to "take it easy" but on the planks with weights, then into a push-up, row & row, repeat section as one of the stations I did use the 10 lb weights on the 50 reps. We also had pull-ups; luckily with assisted tubing you put your foot through, she saw my leg kick out when I first got up there and yelled across the gym at me to not let it assist me! Bahaha I was just trying to straighten out. I surely hope this is not a set back for you sweet friend ~ you have had quite a year. Hopefully just a minor little pull and you will be good to go quickly!

Laurie: Great job getting your B&G workout in! That is always a tough one. It's fun you are getting your fix on both instructors, that's great. Yes, I am very pleased that now another a.m. and no set-back from my workout. Even today in my chair at work, I am good. :) The KB workout this a.m. didn't bother me either; not a lot of kicking in it though but some and I was good there. Yes, with DH and Emma causing "wake-ups" throughout my sleep the "snooze" can feel so good. :( I always feel worse when I don't get up later in the a.m. I'd rather be tired and get my workout in is what I think to myself later. LOL About that Yoga workout of Cathe's - Yoga Relax is the one I did on Sat. and it is exactly as Laurel described it; more stretching than yoga. For me it was absolutely perfect for what I needed. Not a bunch of poses I didn't know how to get in or out of at that matter, very straight forward.

Laurel: Another awesome combo of workouts today! I bet that was a lot of fun. Thank you for the well wishes on my back, feels great! :) Funny, my hubby talked to a friend at the gym (her husband) and he said to tell me he hopes my back is doing better. Remember me mentioning he had no idea I was going through this last week. LOL it was a very confused look on his face. I gave him the Reader's Digest version and skipped the details. He just said, glad you are ok. Do you think we need a new mattress? :D

Rainbow198: So glad you stopped in to say hello! You have mentioned some of my favorites as well. CrossFire definitely gives you a great workout. Way to go. I have nearly all of her workouts as well and have been doing her workouts for many, many years. I mix in a few other instructors but always seem to stick with mainly Cathe workouts. So good and effective! As Laurel mentioned, if you are thinking of adding to your library we are great "enablers" (I mean resources) for you to ask! LOL Hope you join us here whenever you can. Always fun to talk "Cathe"

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did XT Bi's & Tri's and walked on the treadmill tonight. My back was a lot better this morning and felt even better as the day went on. I had to go easy with this workout. Of course after I lifted tonight my left shoulder feels funny more like a rotator cuff issue. Of course it could simply be that things tensed up a little again.

Today my boss rewarded me with more work! YAAY! NOT! Anyway, i shouldn't complain because I've yet again been assigned a highly coveted project. I will be leading a phase on the project for the next generation of our products and still lead the big group I manage today. I dread the amount of work that will be coming my way.

Laurie, great job with the B&G workout. You have to find yourself a good pair of ankle weights. It really is a great workout. I knew you would love this rotation too. It really is good. Is making me use some of the XT workouts I hadn't used in a while.
    I hope you buy that KCM workout. Funny how you can't just buy one DVD because you have to spend enough to get the free shipping and handling. LOL

Laurel, that was an awesome combo! I think I hurt my back on Friday when I did the Barre workout and Cathe did a shoulder move and the weight I was holding was a little heavy. I had a tendinitis on one shoulder blade years ago and maybe that is why it is a weak area for me. The people who enter total fitbit calories burned by normal activity as exercise are just kidding themselves.

Tami, I'm so happy your back is back to normal. Funny how Katy is back in full force with you guys and managed to push you out of comfort zone given your back. So glad your back survived. Good move to go a little lighter on the planks with weights. Katy was merciless with you last night! She knows how strong you are!
    I think the Aleve is definitely helping. My back felt like it relaxed almost back to normal but it did tense up a little with tonight's workout. Hopefully I'll be back to feeling normal tomorrow. I really hope this is not a set back. Cardio tomorrow so I will rest the upper body.

Rainbow198. Welcome! You joined the right thread if you are an avid Cathe fan! I also work out at home and mostly do Cathe workouts. I have a lot of the workouts you mention and they are all wonderful. Crossfire is a really good workout too. I'm sure you'll love adding more workouts to your collection. We all have stacks and stacks of workouts and are looking forward to receiving Cathe's new program in the fall.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

XT HardStrike Premix #16, and KCM Kickbox Kicking and Punching Premix. Good combo for me, since hardstrikes doesn't have the kicking. This morning was 21DFX Upper Fix Extreme.

Laurel, Great job combo of RWH workouts. Thank you so much for the information about Cathe's yoga workouts. I determined that I have plenty of workouts that sound exactly like those, so I really don't need them. I am being really careful in my choices, want to make sure that I'm going to use the workouts and not have them sitting on a shelf waiting to get used. After this rotation, I'm planning on a Tapout rotation, and finally finishing the whole body revolution rotation. :D Should be a good combo.

Tami, Wow that class sounds like she is entering you all into a crossfit competition! ;) Awesome news on your back! That can be horrible when you can't sit at you desk without your back hurting. Our desks crank up, and the young guys in the office have had their desks cranked up once in a while. I have had my back hurting, but never to that point. Thank you also for the confirmation on the yoga workouts. It was nice to find out that you both thought the same thing about them.

Thelma, Great job on the workout, and taking it easy. Hopefully it was just tense muscles. Congrats on leading a new project, even though it will probably be a lot of work. I will have to eventually get new ankle weights, I just have a really hard time finding something that fits my ankles. Love the large European legs that I have, but I have noticed that since doing these 21DFX workouts the ankles have been shrinking. So have the calf muscles too, so that is motivation to continue these workouts.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started today's workout with Lean Legs and Abs and followed it with Party Rockin' Step 2 (the 73 minute premix). Really good combo. I was feeling a little low on energy (aka lazy) this morning and I really find these workouts fun, so they knocked that out of me......for now.

Tami, yowza!! That sounds like a tough class. So glad to hear you were able to do it with no issues. I bet that felt good after wondering just a few days ago if you may have a serious back issue. I know I am always amazed when I can barely move one day only to be able to hit it hard a few days later. Certainly makes me appreciate the days I can push it. That is funny about your DH being confused! But it sounds like a new mattress may be in the future. DH and I love our new king sized memory foam mattress. Makes all the difference.

Thelma, great workout. I hope your shoulder is doing all right with it today. I was looking over the rotation this morning, and I can't wait to get to XTrain week! I love those workouts. This rotation is so good because there is so much variety in it, that's for sure.

Laurie, sounds like a great combo of workouts. I understand about buying Cathe's yoga workouts. Like I said, they are nice but not ground breaking. Anymore, I kind of want ground breaking.....or at least something somewhat significantly different to what I have. I will be anxious to hear your thoughts on a
    Tapout rotation. That program remains on my 'to do ' list. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Today's workout was RWH Lower Body Circuit and tonight DH and I are going to the same fund raiser we went to last year for the 4-H Kids at that beautiful ranch. It is warm out but not 100 degrees so it should be a nice evening. Hoping it's not too late of an evening so I get up in the a.m. :)

Forgot to tell you guys, next week I will be gone for a few days because a group of us bid on a "Priest Lake home stay" last year at that same auction we are going to tonight; well next week is the time we are scheduled to use it. I will only be there on Mon - Wed and the rest will stay Sun - Thurs. At any rate, it will be really fun and I will get my workouts in on Sunday and Monday, then make up those "missed" workouts on Thurs - Sun to catch up! LOL
    Work was just fine with it too since they are amazing. The other couples are clients of the Title Company so it works nicely for my hubby, being the marketing manager and all. :)

Laurel: Sounds like your workouts kicked you right into the energy zone! Nicely done. It really did feel good to be able to do all of that after the past week of wondering if those muscles would ever relax or what was going on. That is the mattress I am hoping to get, in fact I think we talked about that when you got it maybe?!!? Anyway, just finding the time to go shop for one.

Laurie: Great job with your workouts again yesterday . . . really doing well with the rotation and your a.m. and p.m. combos! Yes, I think Katy thinks we should be CrossFit competitors forsure. She did CrossFit for a while so some of these workouts are reverting back to those days I think.

Thelma: Here's hoping the tightness releases . . . that Aleve works wonders! Congrats on the highly coveted project, what a great compliment but I am sorry this will be more work and more hours. I am sure everything you do there is not un-noticed. One day you will reap the benefits! :) Hope your workout today feels good.

I will check in with you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. It was a long and stressful day at work and my upper back tightness never released. I didn't even have to time to stretch my upper back during the day to release the tightness like I did the other day. When I got home just changed into something comfortable and sat on bed with my heating pad on my back. That helped tremendously but I really need to stop lifting weights for a little while to make sure I don't hurt my shoulders. I will continue to do cardio and lower body.
    As for the new project assigned to me it is quite a challenge because it is something I've never done before. Talk about feeling pressure, stress and fear of the unknown. I have to get over my fear and embrace the challenge.

Laurie, what a great kickboxing combo! My ankle weights are these ones except 5lbs each. I like them because I can secure them with the velcro closure so they don't spin around my ankles.
    http://www.amazon.com/All-Pro-Weight-Adjustable-Weights/dp/B001L9GVKC/ref=pd_sim_200_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1N1AYAJWGVQZVDXZTX3M
    Thanks so much on the congrats!

Laurel, what a fun combo! This rotation is a lot of fun. I hope I can pick up the upper body part soon again.

Tami, great workout! I hope you and your husband have a lovely evening at that event! I hope you have a lot of fun next week on your getaway! You do have great employers!
    Thanks on the congrats. It really is a huge compliment. I am hoping that once the project I'm on which is about to end within the next month I will dedicate the majority of my time to the new project even though there is a project that we may be moving on to before the new one
    I've been taking 2 aleve a day and only took 3 the first day. Took 2 as a loading dose and then one 12 hours later. Do you take more than 2 a day? I remember years ago I used to 4 a day.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me after work, we picked up a 4 mo. old puppy at the humane society yesterday. They say he is a husky/shepherd mix. I can see the shepherd in him, but don't see the husky. Apparently thy make that determination from the other dogs in the litter. He is a very curious dog, but laid back. He was good all through the night, and will master walking on his leash with time. We will have to take classes, but he appears to be a fast learner. Cami is transitioning slowly, this has been her space for a long time, but she is coming around.

This morning was the workout from last night, RWH HiiT Circuit Lower Body. I didn't do the abs, will save that for after work.

Laurel, WTG on the workouts. This week of the rotation seems to be really working the legs good, and you added on a leg workout! :D Awesome! I'm hoping that there will not be another workout system that appeals to me more, really want to give those Tapout workouts a shot.

Tami, Good job on the workout, same one I did this morning! I remember when you went to that last year, and you had a good time. We have hot humid weather right now, but should only be in the 90's today. That makes a lot of sense on how she makes her workout combos for the class. It makes me happy to hear that your new company is so good about taking time off. That is one thing that I really like about the company I work for too. I'm sure you will have an great time.

Thelma, Dang on the shoulder, but it sounds like you have a solid plan going forward. Are those ankle weights easy to put on? Thanks for the link.

Here is a pic of Rocket. This is the name that DH gave him. I really think it fits.
    yjekmjy462vt.jpg
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Happy Friday, Ladies! I felt more energetic today and took advantage of that for my workout. I started with Flex Train, which I really enjoy. For cardio, I did X77. Yowza! But it felt good!!

Tami, hope you had a great night at the fundraiser. Sounds like a fun week next week too! About the mattresses, I know we talked about Tempurpedic. We didn't go with that brand but went with a Florida brand because they are made to be cooler than Tempurpedic, but the concept is the same. I wasn't sure I was going to like memory foam, but I love it. Shopping for mattresses is NO fun at all. Luckily we don't have to do I too often!! Enjoy your few days away!

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear your shoulders and back tightened up again! I agree that laying off the upper body work for awhile will help. I am sure the new work project isn't helping you relax either! Sounds like you have a great mental approach to it though.

Laurie, what a cute pup!! I love his name. It does look like he could be a bit quick into mischief! :D Hope Cami learns to appreciate him. I am not quite sure what I was thinking about when I did legs back-to-back Wednesday and Thursday. I don't usually do that! But I think in my muddled head yesterday, I just wanted some 'fun' and Legs and Glutes sounded fun to me. Luckily it only uses light weights and Flex Train is light in the legs as well so I am still able to walk! I think I was out of sorts yesterday because we had a storm system come through in the afternoon that dumped a couple of inches of rain on us. I had a mild headache all morning no doubt caused by that. Today....much better. Except for the humidity. :o

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, XT Super Cuts tonight. I didn't do any overhead raises and used 1 and 2 lb weights for the upper body. I did a lot of massaging, stretching and iced after the workout and felt good but I definitely hurt the rotator cuff. This morning I felt the throbbing on my shoulder so I knew tendonitis. I got really depressed and thought maybe I should never lift weights again because I always hurt myself. I started looking at other workouts and went to the Beachbody.com site and saw the new Shaun T Cize program. It is a hip hop dance program that looks like a LOT of fun. I also was looking at Tai Cheng. I read that it was boring but those were the reviews from people who have no patience. Others that like the program said you'd have to be patient so the jury is still out on this one but I am pretty sure I am going to get it. I can use my dance shoes again! LOL
    I went food shopping today and they were offering blueberry pie samples. I tried a little bit and I loved it. Nothing like the nasty pie we got in Maine!

Laurie, OMG Rocket is soooo cute! I want him! Congrats! Maybe he is a Dalmatian too! Look at his leg! I definitely don't see husky in. It would be nice to see if his siblings do look like huskies. I hope Cami and Rocket become really good friends. The ankle weights are easy to put on.

Laurel, great workout combo! I definitely need to go easy on the upper body and start doing the physical therapy exercises again. Work was stressful last week so that didn't help matters. I can't wait till this project is over.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    HI Ladies! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I didn't workout on Saturday due to poor time management. Today I did my usual spinning. I am so excited! I asked DH buy me a smart tv for our anniversary next month for my workout room. We had to take advantage of tax free weekend. It is a 32 inch tv which is all I need in my small area. The one I currently have was bought in the late 80's so you can just imagine the big beast. I also ordered the base Cize program and won Tai Cheng in an auction in eBay. It is used but I didn't want to pay full prize just in case I don't like it. This is not a calorie burning program is more of a relaxation and physical therapy program.
    I had a good shoulder day on Saturday but today things have been quite tight. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workouts for the weekend where as follows: Saturday was Flex Train and Sunday 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Body. This morning was 21DFX Upper Fix Extreme, and hoping to get in the LIS workout sometime this evening. I have to take Rocket to see the vet after I get home, and then get groceries plus fix something to eat. I'm probably going to be getting in a workout late in the evening. DH usually takes the little guy on an evening walk, so that is when I probably will get that workout in.

It has been like having a baby in the house, well he really is, but every day he is getting more used to his environment. Sleeping a lot better in his crate, that is a huge relief. Still doesn't want to go in, but doesn't protest as much. :D

Laurel, I really enjoy FlexTrain also, and of course you followed that up with an X wokout! ;) Loved all the lower body work this past week, and love that Cathe's workouts can work them so good. I like that some of her workouts don't use the super heavy weights, so we can add in light weight workouts the day after. Today is suppose to be our last day with this humidity, I will be happy when I can sit outside without being drenched. So far a flip flop, and a sock have become victims of Rockets teeth. :D Otherwise he chews on rawhides, and toys.

Thelma, WTG on getting in your workouts, and using light weights. I have heard some good reviews of the Cize program from some of the 21DFX people that I'm doing a challenge with. Have not heard a lot about the other one. Glad to hear that you will be having some fun dancing and working out at the same time. We are looking at a TV like that for my workout room, will be waiting to get the best possible deal also. ;) Would be nice to do streaming. Cami and Rocket get better everyday also, he just has to learn not to jump on her. He has stopped trying to bite her ears, so that is good. She has been super patient, but does have her moments.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. Nothing special but nice. :) I took Saturday off from my workouts. Yesterday was LIS Upper Body Split followed by RWH Plyo HiiT Two and One premix (love this one!). I substituted tomorrow's workout for today's so today I did LIS Lower Body Split followed by Cross Fire Extreme. Swapping workouts will let me do some more upper body work this week since it seems really light on that this week.

Thelma, I am really curious how you like the new Shaun T. program. Please let us know because it looks like fun....but I also wonder if I will feel like an uncoordinated fool if I try it! :D I am not a dancer by nature, that's for sure. Sorry to hear about the rotator cuff. Hope it continues to get better. Don't give up weights entirely! I understand your frustration and it may take some patience figuring out what you can and cannot do. But they are so good for you. I love my Smart TV! I think you will love having one.

Laurie, great workouts! Sounds like the pup is making some adjustments and hasn't been too destructive. You never know with puppies, do you? I am sure a good night sleep feels good!

Tami, hope you had a good weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies RWH Chest, Triceps, Shoulders with Abs #2. I went very, very light. I hope I don't pay for it tomorrow. I had a very good back day. I switched to heat instead of ice and seems to have helped. We're in the middle of a heatwave that started on Saturday. It was 98 degrees when I got out of work today. It had started to feel like fall the last two weeks so I thought we were done with the summer temps.

Laurie, great workouts this weekend! Sounds like your Monday after work time will be packed with things to do! I'm sure having a puppy at home is like having a baby. I hope the Cize workout is a lot of fun and not too hard to do. Some people consider Tai Cheng a flop for Beachbody but others think the program is excellent. Some people describe as physical therapy and God knows that is what I need! I am so glad your doggies are getting better. I'm glad Rocket is not jumping on Cami or biting her ears. Cami is such a good girl! Leaving a dog in a crate would kill me. I've never had a dog and where I come from the crate thing is not something we do. I can't wait for the new tv to get here. There are a lot of good full workouts on YouTube.com

Laurel, I'm glad you guys had a nice weekend. Great workouts! I hope I can hip hop Laurel, I will definitely let you know how I like it. I like to dance but hip hop is different. I took a few classes years ago and it is doable as long as the instructor is good. I hope Shaun T's instructional DVD goes really slow! LOL
    I've not given up on weights but I'm going so light that it feels like I've given weights up. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient. I'm glad you love your smart tv. I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week so DH can install the wall bracket thing and install the tv for me.

Tami, I hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout last night, will just do the total body on Wednesday. I will not do the ab work, since I am getting that done with the 21DFX. Speaking of ab work, this morning was 21DFX Pilates Fix Extreme.

Laurel, Very nice workouts! I have found it interesting that these weeks seem to be heavy on the lower body, but I'm okay with that. Looks like we will be getting into the heavier weights in about a week. I really try to keep my eye on him, he has put a scratch in a table in our family room. :#

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Hope that you get the front that we are currently getting, it is a relief from those hot temps. Check out Jessica Smith's youtube channel when you get your TV. She has some really good workouts on her channel. The first dog that DH and I had wasn't crate trained, and she destroyed a couch. She chewed the fabric and stuffing off of the arm, and did this all while we where gone to work. So until this little guy is over a year old, he needs to be contained. He is getting better and better about being in it. Cami will sometimes just lay in the crate, guess it feels like a cave. :)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I started today's workout with LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. This is the third week in a row I have done these LIHI Upper Body workouts and, while I love them, I am really looking forward to moving on to XTrain next week. I followed it with STS Pilates Based Abs. For cardio, I did LIS Low Impact Challenge Extreme. Another successful completion of Cathe's most confusing and frustrating workout! :p

Thelma, hope your back and shoulders are doing okay after that workout. I understand ice is good for reducing inflammation but when my muscles are tight or sore, I prefer heat. Just seems to relax them. Sorry to hear about your hot weather. From what I have been reading, the Farmer's Almanac is predicting another bad winter for you!! It seems to be one extreme or the other up there right now.

Laurie, I agree about the rotation being more lower body right now and, like you, I enjoy that. Well, except for the DOMS from Lower Body Trisets. Just like PLB, I can't do that workout without getting DOMS! Guess it must work.....or at least I hope so. ;) Sounds like a good workout plan for the week.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I had a forced workout day off today. I got home late due to a bad thunder storm and it was raining pretty hard. So decided to wait it out at work. It was either that or sitting in traffic. When I got home the handymen who are fixing our clapboard siding were working right outside my basement window where I workout. I just couldn't workout knowing that they could see me plus they were banging on the walls. Then my new tv arrived and DH decided to install it right after the guys left for the day (after 7:30) so no tv. Next thing I know he's vacuuming the basement. So it was one thing after another. Finally everything is connected and it is so much better than the old tv I had. I will catch up with the rotation the next few days given that it is a 6 day a week rotation and I normally do 7 days.
    My shoulders are doing better since I started applying heat instead of ice. It is helping keep things relaxed. Originally my left side was bothering me but today it was my right side. I kept doing some of those upper body warm up moves Cathe uses during upper body warm ups during the day plus others throughout the day and that helped a lot so right now I feel pretty good and feeling very hopeful. Cami has her own crate right? Do you think the two dogs will eventually share the same crate? Do dogs snuggle like cats do? Check out this guy serenading his dog
    http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/doogies-song-hug/?utm_source=ars-arsfan&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_term=081815&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=doogies-song-hug&origin=

Laurie, great job for getting those morning workouts in! I didn't see how you'd have time to workout last night with all those after work plans you had. I was just checking out Jessica Smith's workouts. She's pretty good! I was watching some Zumba workouts but nothing looks like the sexy dancing you'd see in those workout DVD's. That was kind of disappointing because I would love to find a zumba workout that meets my Latin standards! LOL
    OK now I understand why dogs have to be crated. I think I would be a softy and I'm sure I'd be sorry when the dog destroyed things right?

Laurel, as always amazing work! Thanks for asking about my back. I've always had luck with ice but clearly my body is sick of it and I am so glad I went for heat. Don't tell me the Farmer's Almanac is predicting another bad winter for us! I better tell DH to order another roof rake just in case the one he has breaks. We do have extremes with the weather here in New England. I hope when the snow comes we're at a point where we will be able to work from home. The stage the project I'm in now wouldn't allow it because of the nature of the work we're doing now. The next project we're moving onto needs to be done in March sometime so might not be good for us.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in my workout last night, and I did Les Mills Combat 45. Had little man under my feet for a little while, but dd came and got him when he decided that some of the drywall was good to chew on. :o We have unfinished drywall in our basement, and from what I have heard dogs really like to destroy drywall. Don't need him getting a taste for that. Last night we had to head into the basement for a tornado watch, it was fun to have the whole family and dogs waiting out the rotational clouds. No damage in our area as far as I can see. This morning was 21DFX Lower Fix Extreme, even though this one seems easy, I'm really feeling my lower body right now.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I have not done an XTrain workout in quite a while, and am looking forward to them also. LOL glad to hear that you got through that workout again. I'm glad that I didn't purchase that one, it would be sitting right where my other step workouts are sitting collecting dust. Looking forward to more lower body DOMS with the triset workout set for tonight.

Thelma, I wouldn't want to workout in front of those workers either. One reason I am not at a gym or upstairs where my family can watch me. :D Yippee on your new TV install, I'm sure that you will have some fun finding different instructors to watch. There is a BeFit station also, they have some good workouts too. Like I mentioned above, those cute little guys can be very destructive. He is getting into everything. This morning it was DH's slippers. He is keeping both DH and I busy trying to find out what he is into.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started today's workout with LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Then, for cardio, I did Rockout Knockout Scrambled 2 premix. This is the first time I have done this premix, and I enjoyed it. It changes the order of the segments which I think worked better at keeping my heart rate up throughout. So glad this rotation called for it or else I might never have tried it!

Thelma, so glad to hear you are feeling better. I don't blame you for not working out in front of the workmen though! I hate to workout in front of anybody.....which, I suppose, is why I am a dedicated at home only exerciser! I read another article today about the weather predictions for the winter. Well....the good news for you is it isn't supposed to be as cold this winter. But the snow.....well...... :o . Hope you can work at home when it comes!

Laurie, sounds like Rocket is being a handful right now. Suppose that's to be expected since he is a puppy. I can't imagine what would have happened if he had gotten a hold of the drywall!! Glad there was no damage from the storm.

Tami, hope you enjoyed your time away!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!! I'm back :) The weekend prior to leaving Monday a.m. Was very busy trying to prepare and pack. I was exhausted actually. So much work to prepare and pack foods for even a few days; not knowing how much, etc. In a nutshell I did get in my workouts over the weekend, including Yoga Warrior ... Yes, as I promised myself. Back is still all good!!! No workout on on Monday. So I am dying to get right back in it!
    You have all been doing amazing and I've missed my "check ins" with you. Our time was fun and the lake home was very nice, great weather just a lot of smoke. We have so many fires going in Idaho & Washington that they just can't kep up so it is very hot & smoky. During different times of the day it would clear off and then smoke up again but all was very relaxing. Fun friends, boating, kayaking and just hanging out. The rest of the group is staying all week ... They really wanted us to as well but I am glad to be back.

Sounds like you are all doing awesome with the rotation! I have some catching up to do but plan to get right on it. Going to do the upper & lower pre-mix of Tri-Sets and go from there; combined to make up and then will do Rockout Knockout tomorrow, making up more this weekend.

Laurie: so you guys found a new pup it sounds like?! How's it going? Did you post a picture and I missed it? I bet your hubby is excited about the addition too. Great job with the workouts!

Thelma: Congrats on the new TV purchase & Cize. Now that is one I would never be looking into with my non-dance/non-choreography self but I bet it will be very fun! Can't go wrong with ST!

Laurel: Amazing workouts as always! I am anxious to try that pre-mix on RK; I haven't done that one either.
    As I read through your workouts I was thinking .... Am I on the right week?!? You are doing your own plus the rotation, is that right? Nice job :)

I'm off to finish unpacking and get my workout in! Feeling the sunshine "tireds" but I'm going to push play