Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,426 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout last night was 10 Days to a Better Body Lower, again a good short and sweet workout. This morning I did KCM's RAW Home Gym Intervals #1, and followed that up with Icey Core #1. Really enjoyed both of those workouts. Winter just doesn't want to let go, woke up to a couple of inches of snow with icy roads. :p

Laurel, Love the workout combo, and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying those BB workouts as add-ons. I like to use them that way too when I have the time. I also use those, and then add on shorter workouts too. It is all about the amount of weight you use for KCM's workout that make them tougher. One of those lovely ladies in the JS workouts is her mother. She usually does the low impact moves. I'm itching to do some of those H&C workouts, but not as a rotation. I'm so glad that you like what 2Lazy came up with, it should be fun to try it out for a month at least.

Thelma, Glad you are listening to your body! I didn't fine the cream cheese yet, but with the weather the way it was I didn't want to run around to much. So my first attempt yesterday was a bust. ;) Today is much better, so I'm going to go to a couple of places to see if they have some. The JS workouts don't have premixes.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with KCM 30MTF B&B Upper Body Supersets. I used slightly heavier weight than KCM and really loved this workout! Love the different moves in this one. I followed it with the core work from Fit/Split. For cardio, I started with Cathe’s Live class from last week, which was Low Impact Conditioning Express, which was a short, moderate circuit workout. Then I went right into S&S Cardio Slam. Good stuff.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the low energy. All of the workouts in Walk Strong 3 are 30 minutes or less. There is one disc with five workouts under 20 minutes. There are no premixes, though. But in looking at the one disc with shorter workouts, I saw one titled 1 Mile of Motivation. Isn’t that the workout you tried and hated? If so, I wanted you to be warned it was from this series. But......there are 19 other workouts. :)

Laurie, great workouts! But yuck with new snow. We have blustery wind right now, which is no fun. In fact, it blew open the shed doors last night. We haven’t visited the shed this winter, so there was no path to it through the snow. But DH waded out there. Even with all the melting we’ve had the past couple of weeks, the snow was up to his mid-thighs! I am so glad he went out there, because if short me had gone out there, I would still be stuck! :p Anyhow, yesterday I stuck with KCMs weights on lower body since I knew I was going to spin also. But today I read 2lazy’s weight selections for the upper body workout, and chose one in between her and KCMs weights, which was perfect. I am nowhere near as strong as 2lazy in my upper body for sure! I am really glad I got this series.

Tami, hope you are doing well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So excited to have a moment to check back in with my ladies :);) Training is going good but it is still definitely a change of pace in my day. Luckily she is right next to me in a cubicle so now I have her moving forward and I can just lean around the corner to help. This afternoon we will be adding on another layer to her learning, which will be good. My supervisor as left it ALL up to me so far, which I wasn't expecting but its fine. At any rate yesterday was back at it all day long. Boot Camp was really good on Monday night. Another upper/lower, but mostly shoulder work and ab work. Yesterday was S&S Giants Sets Lower and then I went to Insane X last night. She did some very traditional Insanity moves plus others with abwork. It was a great workout. No workout this a.m. I was tired from staying up later than normal talking with DH. But I will go to Spinning tonight.

Thelma: So happy to hear your family is safe from the earthquake. So scary I am sure for you to be so far away wondering. YUM on the baked goodies. Good job getting in your workout and taking a rest when you needed it yesterday.

Laurie: Great job with your workouts and continuing to mix it up! Yes. It was so great to get ahead of the curve so to speak by coming in on Sunday. Monday was completely a surprise that the new person didn’t have her computer set up or anything so she trained at my desk and then yesterday I had to set up all her systems, programs, etc. to get her going at her desk. I wasn’t thinking this was part of what I would be doing but it was. LOL

Laurel: What fantastic combos you are putting together (as always) but way to go! I am thrilled to hear you are really liking your new KCM workouts! You can see why we sometimes go on about her. She really does have a no nonsense approach as you said and often times makes a move different from the traditional; dead lifts, squats, many things an you just work the muscle differently. Always good and those Build & Burn are perfect for adding on to whatever style of workout you are doing. 2lazy’s rotations always look amazing; I will have to check out what one you ladies are talking about!! I love her suggestions and website. I definitely would be wanting to add in Hammer & Chisel … those are always good. Which month are you ladies thinking of?

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ talk to you all tomorrow (I hope) :) Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, not much of a workout today. I just did a little Jessica Smith low impact cardio workout. It hasn't been an easy week at work and I think I'm not in a good mental place as a result. I need a day off! I think I'll take 4/20 off so I can have a nice long weekend.
    I'm going to get my hair henna colored on Saturday. This time I will keep the slimy stuff on for at least 4 hours if not 5!
    There was a big 5.1 magnitude aftershock in El Salvador.

Laurie, great workouts! Sorry about the snow and the cream cheese. I hope you'll find it somewhere else! I imagine the JS workouts don't have premixes because they're already short workouts.

Laurel, great combo! Glad you're enjoying the KCM workouts. You should check her YouTube workouts.
    OMG, that motivation workouts sounds exactly like something out of her talking series. Too bad she doesn't have premixes but I imagine it's because the workouts are short. Thanks for letting me know about the workouts. I will look into them to see if I'd like to get them. Do I need them? Can I get the same out of the hundred of JS youtube workouts?

Tami, great job with your workouts. Training can be so time-consuming and your plans always get derailed as a result.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did Build & Burn Cardio Core. Having Laurel talk about it made me want to do it. It was short and sweet, so perfect. This morning I wasn't feeling good, I'm probably getting DH's cold. :p I decided to do KCM's Meltdown Workout 2, which is tabata boxing. That was perfect, nothing to strenuous, and I got in a good upper body workout since I used weighted gloves.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! Love it that you are two for two so far on the BB workouts. I checked out 2Lazy for what she used in weights, and you are right she can really lift heavy. I'm usually at what Kelly lifts, except for the back work. For some reason I can go heavy on my back. I agree with her on the lower body work, and using the weighted vest. That is what I was considering doing with this workout too. I also do wear the weighted gloves for the Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion workout, and I now have a 20lb kb to try out. ;) LOL about the amount of snow that your DH had to trudge through, I just have this picture of you with only see you with your upper body visible. ;) We are suppose to get more snow this weekend, the temps this morning was only 18.

Tami, Glad that you had a chance to check in. Love the workouts, and the fact that we are all trying out different ones. You should have non cubes like we do, I can talk to the guy next to me and see him too. I don't mind it at all, the cubes where more frustrating. ;) I had to laugh at the fact that nothing was set up, that happens around here all the time. I ordered a new computer, and the IT person had it in his office for months before I got it. :o Sounds like the newbie is catching on pretty quickly if you are just able to answer every so often.

Thelma, Jessica's workouts are good ones to fall back on when you are tired and stressed out. Just be glad that you are getting something in. Hopefully that is the last of the after shocks! I still have not found the cream cheese, I'm stopping at one place after work tonight. I'm hoping that one is the winner, otherwise I will give up and then that is when I will find it. :D I think that you can probably get the same workouts from youtube, it can just be easier to put in a DVD in some cases. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have been on a roll with new workouts the last two weeks, and today was no different. I started today with Cathe Live Fit Tower Cardio Legs. :o This workout was an hour long, and the first 45 minutes are circuits with one cardio, one barre move and one strength exercise. Then you finish the workout with high rep isolation moves. Cathe was at her sadistic ;) best in this workout. It was tough! So when it was over and I was lying on my mat under my Fit Tower saying ‘what just happened?!?’, I popped in a Fit Tower DVD and did the Bonus Core work. By the end of that, I could stand. :p I took a break, then, for cardio, I couldn’t resist Cathe’s Live workout from this morning......Advanced Step Choreography. 50 minutes of pure fun for me—even with tired legs. Good stuff.

Tami, sounds like your supervisor has full confidence in your ability to train the new person. That’s quite a compliment, but I imagine your days are completely out of whack because of it. Hope things even out pretty soon. Great workouts, as always. Right now, our next few months plan looks like:

April-15 thru May 12–Push/Pull (both Laurie and I posted our plans last week I think)
    May 13 thru July 7–One Body Part per day (again, I think we posted thoughts on this last week. We are currently planning this one for two months)
    July 8 thru August 4–Metabolic. This is the one we have been talking about the past couple of days and maybe incorporating some of H&C into it.

Hope that helps!!

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about another tough week at work. Glad you are planning a day off. Hopefully that will help recharge the batteries. Yikes on the aftershocks! Hope things calm down there soon. Regarding the Jessica Smith workouts, no, I don’t think you need them. I bought them, though, for the reason Laurie identified. JS has so many YouTube workouts, I sometimes find it difficult to focus on what they are all about. The DVDs help me focus a bit more, especially since I plan these as add-ins so I like to have them cued up and ready to go when I need them.....and not fumbling around with my iPad.

Laurie, sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well this morning. Hope you take a rest if you need it, especially if it is a cold. I will have to remember my weighted vest next time I do that KCM Lower Body workout. That probably would be just about perfect on it. No snow in the forecast for us.....and we are supposed to be in the high 30s/Low 40s for the next several days. Hopefully that and sunshine means lots of melting!! Now if we could just get rid of the wind......

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Another great Spin class last night eventhough it wasn’t very full. We did a lot of hills, then sprints and increase the time hill to sprints. It was a good workout. This a.m. I did Giant Sets: Upper Doubled.

Thelma: Way to get a nice workout in despite the tireds and feeling like you need a break. I hope you are able to have some good down time soon. I was thinking about taking that day as well, it is the day before my Birthday! Hope the aftershocks simmer down in El Salvador for you family.

Laurie: Great job on Cardio Core! That is fun one and this a.m. Meltdown #2 sounds perfect. I sure hope you aren’t getting a cold …. No fun. Yes, the cubicles are ok but I can imagine having them open would be good. I didn’t work in a cubicle until I came here so it is an adjustment but I would work in just about any environment if it was away from my old job. LOL She is doing good. Today I am adding on another layer to what she will be doing so it is back to sitting with her and slowly going through it. Then once she feels comfortable I will leave her at it. I always think it is harder to learn and ask questions when you don’t get to try it yourself.

Laurel: WOWSA! Way to go on your workout. I can’t imagine after all of that then I think it is good they trust me for the training. Just a lot more than I was expecting forsure. Thank you for re-posting the April 15th and moving forward schedule. I do have that one printed out; just thought I had missed something in my speed reading to catch up yesterday. Thank YOU.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did KCM 30-MTF Lower Body Split Sessions, Walking on Treadmill, Stretching. Another long day at work but it ended up on a good note. We got our first software build in a while and had to install it on new devices. The install instructions sucked and we screwed up so nothing would work. Finally, I was told we needed to start all over again by resetting the devices. I managed to figure out how to install and documented the steps for my team. I hope they'll be successful like I was when the follow the instructions tomorrow morning! I have meetings from 9-4 tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. One meeting is from 10-4! Yikes!
    I didn't have a chance to text my aunt today so I don't know if they felt any strong aftershocks.

Laurie, great job with those workouts!!! I hope you're not getting sick! I'm sorry you haven't been able to find the cream cheese.
    We used to have full-size cubes. Then we went to an open setup and when we finally got used to it, we got partitions again. I think are about 4 1/2 ft tall. The cubes are very small. You should see my set up. I have one of those stand-up stations for my keyboard and 2 side-by-side 23-inch monitors that slides up/down. That thing is a beast and if I were not petite I could not fit in there. That contraption takes up one side of the double desk, leaving me with a few inches on the other side for my manual work. I decided to keep a guest chair next to me so I have to step into my area sideways.

Jessica's workouts are really a blessing for those days when you're tired. I hear you that it is easier to put in a DVD than having to search for a workout online. It's harder to find scroll through them via the cable view like I've been doing lately.

Laurel, that FT leg workout sounds painfully awesome! Of course, I'm thinking the Advanced Step choreography one is what I'd classify as dangerous! LOL! Great job!!!

I can't wait till 4/20. I am taking that day to avoid a long, boring afternoon meeting! :)
    Thanks for your thoughts on the JS workouts!

Tami, great job with your workouts! How is your DH doing?
    I hope those aftershocks simmer down too! Sadly they are a way of life there. The Indians called El Salvador valley of hammocks because of the constant tremors.

Good night and a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did KCM's BB Upper Body after work, I was feeling pretty good. This morning had a headache and stuffy nose, but got in a short cardio with KCM Cardio Live workout 1. Have not done that one in a while, and it was very enjoyable. I'm feeling okay, just have a runny nose. I don't know if it is allergies or a cold. I'm just going to take my allergy meds, like I did yesterday.

Laurel, The way you describe the workout, it sounds like you really did love it! I love that you are getting your $ worth with those live workouts. That is one thing that I like about the GHUTV subscription, but I have not tried them in a while. I will have to get back to them, but I have been on a Kelly kick for a while. The GHUTV will be a great one when we do our metabolic rotation, they have a lot of options for that. Now that I'm talking about it I may have to pop in a lower body workout from that site after work, that's if I'm feeling okay. Hope that your legs are cooperating with you today, it sure sounds like you got a really good workout for them.

Tami, Great job with your spin class and lower body work doubled :o . You teach exactly the way that I teach. It is always faster for the person to do the work, as you guide them through the process. Watching someone do the process never seems to work. I am creating a power point process right now for our trades people, but I really do want to give each of them individual hands on for the part check-out process. The power point would be a reference for them. Unfortunately getting to 40 individuals would be difficult, so it may have to be a group teaching.

Thelma, Nice workouts! I love that split sessions workout. Hope everything goes will with your new device today. I have double screens at my desk also, and I love it. Talk about multi-tasking though. One co-worker has 4 screens, I don't know if I will ever need that many. :D Your cube sounds like the ones that everyone with new spaces are getting around here. Shorter walls, and smaller cubes. I think that we will stick with the ones that we have.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I ended the week with a pretty tough workout which has me looking forward to Yoga Saturday for sure. :) I started with Cathe Live Strong Upper Body and Core, and lifted as heavy as I could. My arms are still feeling rubbery. For cardio, I started with F/S Shred Cardio (cardio only) then went into Cathe Live IMAX Live. That was a tough combo, but it felt really good to push it today.

Tami, I wonder if your spin class is getting smaller because of spring. Maybe people are already in the outdoors mode? I know the sunshine and slightly warmer temperatures up here have me wanting to do yard work. :o I just need the snow to go away first. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you were able to end the day on a positive note. Hope everything is going well today.

Laurie, glad to hear you are feeling okay. Hopefully it is spring allergies and some meds and a little rest will take care of it. I am definitely getting my money’s worth out of Cathe Live! Like you with GHUTV, I will probably gravitate to Cathe Live quite a bit for the metabolic workouts. But since the next few months (after next week) is mostly going to use DVDs (at least for the strength training), I am enjoying this time experimenting with more Live workouts. All the variety keeps the boredom factor down for me. B)

Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    TGIF...whew, what a week! It just flew by! Finishing up my Cathe rotation this week and then I'll either go into another one or just do a couple weeks of whatever sounds good!

We got our 10" of snow Tuesday, and then some. School was cancelled, but I still had work meetings to drive to. I managed to get home before the roads got too bad, but my hubby and boys still had hockey Tuesday night and pretty much slid the whole way there and home! We're due for another storm Sunday night into Monday, but it's been sunny (not warm, but I'll take the sun at least) all week so the snow is melting!

Thelma, glad to hear your family is ok...earthquakes are scary! Love your baking pictures, they look wonderful! Good job getting in the workouts earlier this week! Hopefully the energy returns for you and you can get some fun workouts in over the weekend. Here's to hoping you don't get this storm, but I talked to someone on the east coast today and it was snowing.

Tami, I hope the training is going well, and it takes stuff of your plate to make room for something more enjoyable! I absolutely love training (wish my company didn't eliminate the trainer role, otherwise I'd have taken in)...but I'm with you, I have to feel like I'm caught up enough before I dig into that! Hopefully your hubby is getting lots of rest and getting better each day!

Laurel, lucky girl with the little bit of snow! :) Great workouts, I am loving the Cathe/KCM combos. I'm hoping to get some time to look at the Live clips this weekend. They sound so fun!!

Laurie, what a fun workout combo! I'm with you, I think I could handle maybe 2 streaming subscriptions at a time...but, everyone seems to be going that route. I just hope DVD's don't go away entirely. I like to still have them as an option, esp when wifi goes out!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I'll be mixing in hockey and lacrosse this weekend, but am looking forward to getting out a bit this weekend before the next snow dump!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies and TGIF! This has been a long week for me so I am happy to say it is Friday and next week should be smoother – I hope. So this a.m. I did KCM Lean Body Circuit and tonight I will head to Spinning.

Thelma: Great job getting in your Lower Body Split + treadie and a stretch last night. I bet it felt good. New software issues are always such a pain; sometimes great once they start working though. We are still having issues in our dept. with the new computer system and we are coming up closer to a year in having it. It just wasn’t written for a Title Dept. more for the Escrow Dept. so it works great for them. Congrats on your extra day off coming soon. DH is doing better, thank you for asking (so sweet of you all to check on him). He is still pretty tired if you ask him but he pushes through and keeps going. He has had a very busy week and yesterday was like a 12+ hour day for him so he will probably crash tonight. But yes, still feeling wore out and his cough still happens in the evenings usually. Not like it was by any means but still there.

Laurie: Good job getting in your workout despite the allergy/cold symptoms. Hopefully they subside for you. Yes, teaching someone hands on is way better than having them just sit and watch for too long in my opinion. I had her dig right in because it is mainly computer entry anyway at this point.

Laurel: Another awesome workout combo!!! You are doing amazing things day after day. I wondered about the spin class being smaller for that reason and there is also a Spring Challenge starting next week, so maybe people are taking a break before they hit it hard. Also, the “New Years Resolution” peeps usually fall off too this time of year. LOL

Erika: Just saw your post too! Way to go with your Cathe rotation. YIKES on all that snow. That is so crazy with all your weather happening in April. Poor thing. The training is going good, just makes for long days right now trying to keep up and train. She will take on more of the typing of files like I have been doing and they will have me doing more assisting to the title officers so they can get more work done. Not sure what it will all look like right now but I guess that is the plan. I am hoping I enjoy it .... I have been enjoying what I am doing but they need me to be freed up to do more I guess.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Meeting my BFF for lunch tomorrow and dinner with friends I think in the evening. Hopefully not going into work but if all the title officers go in I will be behind before I even begin my day Monday so I will have to. We will see. :o:( After this week of training every day and keeping up with my daily routine I am tired forsure.

Talk to you all on Monday! :) Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend!
    On Friday I did Jessica Smith Knee Friendly Total Body with Weights, Lite Cardio, Abs. On Saturday I did JS Kickboxing Interval Training, Cardio Fat Burning Workout, and JS Stretch, Full 30-Minute Stretching, Flexibility Routine: Stretch, Rest and Relax. Today RWH Upper Body Circuit, Stretching.

I think we spent 1/2 the weekend cooking! We tried 3 new recipes. DH is back on cooking duty which I'm not going to complain about. :)
    On Saturday I made my weekly bagel batch and the roasted strawberry banana bread which is delish! For dinner, DH made the Honey Chili Salmon Bake which was restaurant quality. I made the Cauliflower Mexican rice to go with and added a cuke, grape tomato salad. Soooo good! I highly recommend the salmon bake ladies!
    Tonight DH made us Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli. Another keeper!

https://cookingwithpoints.com/honey-chili-salmon/
    lvw7k3jjat19.jpg

https://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-strawberry-banana-bread/
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/orecchiette-pasta-with-chicken-sausage/

I had the henna done again. This time I kept that stuff on for 5 hours and my grays were still orange. Needless to say, I had to apply the other henna. I used too much of the light brown color so the orange/grays didn't get very dark. Good color though.

For some reason, I was very sensitive to the retirement dilemma this morning. I bought some lottery tickets on Friday night and was hoping to hit one of the mega jackpots. I won nothing! All of a sudden the tear floodgates opened up! DH heard me sniffling and said "heeey! what happened?" I just said we didn't win! He just held me in his arms for the longest time until I could calm myself down. I think I'm depressed. :(
    We got a little snow on Friday and it was gone by Saturday morning thanks to the rain.

Laurie, great workouts! I hope you're feeling better.
    We managed to set our new devices properly on Friday. Yaay! I also survived an all-day planning meeting! I don't know if I will ever want more than 2 monitors. Sometimes I have 4-6 documents open at the same time on between both screens. I just size them small enough to fit.

Laurel, great job with that killer combo on Friday! I Jessica Smith Stretch, Full 30-Minute Stretching, Flexibility Routine: Stretch, Rest and Relaxrecommend this workout!

Erika, congrats on finishing up your rotation! OMG! I can't believe you're getting all that snow! So school was canceled but not the hockey game. You guys do have your priorities straight! LOL
    I hope my energy gets better too. I think I'm a little depressed about my job.

Tami, great workouts!! The wrong software can be so frustrating! We have a couple of very frustrating software systems at work too. Glad your DH is doing better!

Good night and have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Friday I was able to get in a workout after work with GHUTV Barre Boxing 2, really good and hit a lot of areas that I have not hit in a while. Saturday was Stretch Max, I did the first two workouts. I haven't done that one in a while, and it really did feel good. Sunday was GHUTV Cardio + Core Tabata, what a great workout! Will be doing that one again, it was cardio for 2 min. for 20/10 and then 1 minute of a core move. I woke up with a sinus headache this morning, so will be doing a workout when I get home. I put together dinner for tonight
    in the slow cooker, while I was waiting for the med to kick in to help with the headache. I feel much better right now, but I'm guessing that this has to be allergy related vs a cold.

Sunday I got my hair colored and cut too, so I wasn't home to much yesterday. Good thing that I got my workout in early. Rocket's 3rd birthday is today, I'm sure he will love spending it at doggy daycare. I'm waiting for his annual picture with the birthday hat on. :D We also had snow falling this morning. :p

Laurel, Love the workout combo, and that you are still enjoying the Live workouts. I think that is why I enjoy the live workouts also, it gives you more options to combat the boredom from the weight work. I tend to find weight work boring. Like I said before this 4 week option has been a bonus, because I know I only have to do them for four weeks. This next set I like because you really are only doing that weight work for 2 weeks.

Erika, The weeks seem to fly by faster and faster. Great job finishing up your Cathe rotation! I'm sure that you will find a lot of options to try out. I love my DVD options also, we can't rely on our wifi to work all the time. I get frustrated when I'm into the workout, and then all of a sudden it stops. Since DH got our new receiver, we have not been having those problems. I would love for temps that are at least April temps instead of Jan/Feb. The sun has been a nice bonus though.

Tami, Great job with your workout and spin. Training someone and having your own workload to get through has made the week hectic for you, but once she is all trained up, it should get better. Hope that you had an enjoyable time with your friends, and that you didn't need to come into work this weekend. Just some recoup time at home.

Thelma, I'm so sorry to hear that you where feeling so low. It sounds like you have a great DH to let you cry on his shoulder. It does sound like you needed a good cry though, I know I always feel so much better after one. ;) Your dinner looks awesome, and I still have to try out those bagels. Have not found the cream cheese yet, it is very frustrating. I'm sure that I will find it when I'm actually not looking for it. :D Dang on the henna, but it sounds like you are able to handle the adjustments afterward. I'm just like you, I have multiple windows open on my two screens.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a quiet weekend here. There was plenty of sunshine, though, which made it nice. We are definitely melting now! DH and I were talking about how much snow is still around, though, compared to last year at this time when we got here (can’t believe it will be our one year anniversary back in Alaska next week). Come to find out, even though we only got 1/10 of an inch more snow this year than last, we currently have 10” more on the ground than last year at this time. :o Fingers and toes crossed that it is all gone by May. I don’t want to see snowbanks in May!

For workouts, I did Versatile Warrior on Saturday, which felt great. Yesterday was LIS Lower Body Trisets followed by Cross Fire Extreme premix. Today was LIS Upper Body premix and, for cardio, a super fun combo. I started with Cathe Live Hi-Lo Kickboxing into KCM B&B Kettlebell/Kickboxing Fusion. Loved this KCM workout! Of course, my kettlebell was confused at being used again ;) but I really enjoyed the fusion aspect of this workout. Good stuff!

Erika, that’s a lot of snow! I hope it melts soon. I really don’t like those kinds of storms this time of year because the snow is usually so heavy. Great job with your Cathe rotation. If you do get a chance to look at any Cathe Live clips and have questions, let me know.

Tami, hope you got a chance to enjoy your time with friends this weekend and, hopefully, stay away from work. Glad to hear your DH is continuing to improve. No doubt he is frustrated at the pace of it, but, hopefully, he will cross a line soon into feeling much better.

Thelma, great workouts this weekend. Thank you for another JS recommendation. I will look for that one. That salmon sounds fantastic.....as does the strawberry banana bread. :p But I am sorry to hear about the sadness and depression. I am with you on that, to be honest. I just keep moving forward but I have days I would really like to be able to see my destination, which, in your case, sounds like retirement. Glad your DH is so supportive. My DH is as well, and it really helps.

Laurie, Happy Birthday to Rocket! Hard to believe he isn’t a puppy anymore! :o Great workouts this weekend. I am glad to hear you don’t think you have a cold, but allergies are no fun either. I suppose it is that time of year, though, even if the outside weather doesn’t really suggest that. Thank you for recommending that Kettlebell/Kickboxing workout!! I think I would have a hard time deciding whether I liked it or Cardio Core better. Both are such good workouts.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body. I actually had quad DOMS this morning from RWH upper body circuit workout on Sunday. Tonight I'm feeling DOMS all over my lower body which is wonderful!
    I am in a better mental place but still feeling the sads.

Someone on the skinnytaste community group on FB posted this and it just gave me a good laugh
    "I was feeling really good about myself this morning when I put on my "fat" jeans to do some gardening in as they were very roomy. Then my husband walks in the bedroom an asks why I was wearing his jeans. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. lol"

Laurie, that Barre Boxing workout sounds like a lot of fun. Awesome weekend workouts! Great job! Glad you're feeling better.
    OMG, I can't believe Rocket is 3 years old already! Does he get a bday party at the doggy daycare? They are the ones who take his picture with the party hat? Too funny!
    Sorry about the snow! Our temps will remain in the 50's starting on Wed.
    It was just so weird how I just started crying. I guess I really needed it. You should try making the bagels and just make a sandwich with it. Gina always posts this picture of a fried egg/bagel sandwich that looks so tasty! I can't remember the last time I had a fried egg since we always have egg whites, but I'm seriously thinking of having one!
    Dang on the henna is right! I have to make a decision on what to do going forward. I might as well just do what I was doing before.
    What is the sense of having two monitors if you won't squeeze in there as many documents as possible? LOL. I even split the Word documents so I can see part of the document on the top part and another at the bottom!

Laurel, yaay on the sunshine and the melting! How is that roof looking? I can't believe it's been a year since you moved there!
    Great workouts! So glad you're enjoying your new KCM workouts!
    I can't get over how good that salmon dish was! I would've never paired beans and corn with salmon!
    I'm glad DH was so supportive on Sunday. I really needed a hug. I'm glad your DH is also supportive. Hopefully, you guys won't be in Alaska too much longer.

Hi Tami and Erika!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did GHUTV Arms & Abs, really good and tough. This morning was GHUTV Butt + Legs + Thighs, another good workout and I'm feeling it right now. ;)

Laurel, It seems like you both just got up to Alaska, I'm very surprised that it has already been a year. Hope that the snow melts really quick for you. Awesome job with the workouts, and I'm really glad that you enjoyed the KBKB Fusion. I agree it really is hard to determine which one is the best. If you like that workout then I would say that you would enjoy her Strength & Stamina or Slim Sculpting. I love incorporating the kettle bells into workouts, it is a really great low impact cardio. Rocket seemed to have a great day yesterday, I did spoil him a little. He ate is treat in a couple of minutes. :D

Thelma, Great job with the lower body workout, and that you have some DOMS from the RWH workout. Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, and hope that it gets better each day. :) LOL on the jeans, I love that. That is one thing that the GHUTV workouts have some really good barre combos. I LOVE fried eggs, that is the way I usually have them, usually over easy. Yes the doggy daycare does take his bday pic with a hat on. Of course he never seems to enjoy the experience. :D I'm sure that I will find the cream cheese one of these days, just have to look for it in the right store.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I decided to try a couple of the Jessica Smith workouts from the Walk Strong 3 workouts. I started with Cardio HiT which is a moderate boxing-ish workout with some more intense drills. It ends with a few minutes of some lower body sculpting drills (similar to Kick Max but for three minutes instead of 15). This was my first time doing a JS workout that wasn’t stretching, and I really enjoyed it. There is absolutely nothing I have found to be annoying about Jessica, that’s for sure. While this wasn’t a super tough workout, it wasn’t a stroll in the park either. I did it without weighted gloves as well, so a little intensity could be added that way. From there I went right into the Lower Body workout from the series. I used an 8” step and 15# dumbbells (I think Jessica used 10#). Another really good workout. It could actually be super intense with a little higher step and more weight, but I was absolutely fine with what I used today. This made for a really good 60 minute workout. I had spin scheduled for today as well.....and very nearly talked myself out of it after that Jessica combo. But after about 30 minutes, I decided to go to my cycle and did Cathe Live Soaker Cycle. Unfortunately for me, this workout was all about heavy mountain climbs, so my legs are absolutely screaming now! :o:o But I enjoyed it and, for now, I am glad I did it. Ask me about that tomorrow, though. :#

Thelma, glad to hear you are doing a little better. Great workout. That jeans story is funny! You asked about the setting in these JS workouts. The stretching workouts were filmed by a pool with water behind. These workouts were filmed in what looks like the club house for that pool. There are big windows behind Jessica looking at the water, and the room looks like it would normally be used for a small meeting room or a small dining room. I really like the setting to be honest. She is accompanied by her mom and another younger lady in these workouts. I haven’t got a chance to look at our roof yet....but there aren’t any shingles lying around yet that I can see. So fingers crossed! The property manager will be here next week for a routine inspection and I expect to hear about roof repair then.

Laurie, great workouts! Hope you are feeling better. My sinuses are killing me today, but I know that is the weather change because the rest of my body feels great. But it is still no fun. Thank you for the KCM recommendations. I was going to ask because I really would like to use my kettlebell more. So I am going to have a look at those. Glad Rocket enjoyed his birthday!

Tami and Erika, hope the week is going well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you yesterday. Was playing full on catch up (I didn't come in over the weekend) and then getting my trainee situated. When you have a weekend off and just learning it takes a few to get going again. So spent a lot of time with her too.

Saturday was ICE Met Total Body + 21DFX XT Pilates for my stretch. Then met my BFF for lunch which was lots of fun. We ended up going out to dinner that night, just DH and I. Sunday I did XT Cardio Leg Blast, which was great and yesterday was BootCamp after work. She did the format of "AMRAP" for 1 minute with some cardio of course as well. This a.m. I did S&S Ramped Up Upper Body and tonight I will go to Insane X.

Happy to report that DH had his best day to date (of 2018 I think) on Sunday. He said he felt normal all day. In the evening when he laid down the breathing issue came up again but he said it felt nice to feel normal at least for a day. So here is hoping there are more of those days coming.

Thelma: Great job with your workouts over the weekend and last night too! So fun you and your DH tried out 3 new recipes, YUM. I love your picture too, looks delicious. I’m sorry to hear about the sads that came over you. I hate it when that happens. I had a moment like that recently and DH was very good to talk to. I wasn’t going to say anything but he dug it out of me and I felt better.

Laurie: Excellent job getting your workouts in. Sorry to hear about your headache yesterday in the a.m. hopefully it is better now and just allergy related. Many ladies that I work with, including the new lady all have allergies and are constantly sneezing and plugged up; they said they hate this time of year. Happy Birthday to sweet Rocket! WOW, 3 already. I hope he enjoyed his day. Yes, I was able to just relax over the weekend. I did actually stay away from work and when I came in yesterday my in box was PACKED FULL which I knew it would be since one of the Title Officers came in over the weekend, but I truly just didn’t have it in me to come in again. So I got the new girl going on some files and worked like crazy. Luckily got caught up within a couple hours and then it was just a steady pace.

Laurel: Sounds like a nice weekend in your snowy neck of the woods! Sounds like you have been selecting some awesome combos for your workouts …. Way to work! Can you tell me again which JS workout you are talking about. Walk Strong 3 or something like that? Sorry, I tried looking back but couldn't find which new one it was you are trying out and liking. While I was relaxing the other a.m. (Sat.) with my coffee I did read up on her Workouts on Demand to see the cost, etc. Watched some clips too; they look so good. Although I still say to myself I already have so many workouts and so little time to get to them. But sometimes you just need a variety to keep that motivation and fun factor moving. Gotta love that KCM workout! So glad you liked it. I second Laurie's recommendation on her Strength & Stamina workout, that is one of my favorites of hers and lots of KB swings in it! I do the 60+ minute combo pre-mix and always enjoy it.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I almost didn't workout tonight. I woke up with the sads and I had the worst day ever at work. It was an emotional, stressful and scary day! My boss called me in the morning to say that his boss was really mad that people in my team were not communicating and that someone thought that my own team had made a big deal out of nothing. This upset my boss because he knew this something was a big deal. So all day he tortured me ('coached me') to make sure I had the right data, that I said the right thing to back up our case up. I spent all day agonizing and holding back my tears and had someone in my team help me with the data. By the time the meeting time came, I was ready and felt good about what I was going to say. I felt ready to get my butt kicked. It turned out that the meeting was not about that! It was just to make sure that we communicated and that he was there to support us. There was another guy in there who also went in ready to get yelled at! OMG! I really think I'm on the verge of having a nervous breakdown.
    I decided that I needed a gentle workout so I did two Jessica Smith workouts: Full Upper Body Workout and 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit.

Laurie, your workouts sound great!! I'm glad you spoiled Rocket on his bday. I bet he loved it. His doggy daycare sounds like a really great place too.
    You have to make the bagels for fried egg sandwiches. I'm sure you will find the cream cheese when you're not looking for it!

Laurel, thanks for you Jessica Smith workout reviews! I'm glad you're enjoying them. Great job with that spinning workout too!
    The setting of the JS workouts sounds very nice and calming.
    I hope your property manager agrees with you in that the roof needs to be repaired.

Tami, awesome workouts! So happy to hear your DH had his best day to date on Sunday. Poor guy! He must be so sick of feeling tired.
    You and your DH should try that salmon recipe, Tami. It is really tasty.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma