Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout last night was an elliptical workout. This morning I did GHUTV Cardio Kickboxing 2 for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. I found it interesting that Chris had a head cold, and talked about how she had to adjust the workout because of it. They always have a partner while working out, so that person was doing the majority of the workout while Chris took a break to cough.

Laurel, Great job with the workout, and now I will have to go and look at some of those too. I may even try one of them out for my after work exercise, will probably look at something core related. I'm sure that your legs will be just fine after you gave them such a torture fest. :D I'm actually feeling pretty good this morning, didn't wake up to a headache or stuffy nose. Hopefully that will continue for the rest of the week, and I'm going to take my allergy meds. We actually have temps that are reaching into the 40's today. B) Guess that means that Rocket can run around the yard for a bit when I get home.

Tami, Nice job on all those workouts. Your AMRAP workout reminded me that I have not tried out the two that Chris Freytag has on her GHUTV channel. She created one that is low impact too. Glad to hear that you where able to enjoy your weekend with just relaxing and spending time with your friend. Good news on your DH also, it can really take some time to recover after something like that. Very nice that you could catch up so quickly even though your in box was so full. Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one suffering from allergies, is it misery loves company? :D LOL about all the workouts that we all have, and still want more. We love the variety I guess.

Thelma, Oh I'm sending you a hug, because it sure sounds like you need it. How stressful is that situation that you where in. With all of that I'm glad that you where able to get in a a workout with Jessica. When I do eventually find it and make the bagels, the first thing I will try is the egg sandwich. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I gave myself a pretty tough workout today! I am not quite sure why after yesterday, but.... :) . I started with Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Upper Body. I referred to 2lazy’s recommendations on weights, took it down a notch from her and......yowza! This is a surprisingly tough, short upper body workout. The right weight, as always, is key. But the rep pace is slow and there are no breaks at all between exercises, so it really caught up with me fast. Really enjoyed it. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Move It into Cathe Live Smokin’ Upper Body Blast. This latter workout is tough on its own.....especially the strength work. I don’t know what I was thinking putting in the order I did today (last) because my arms are absolutely done for the day. Glad I did it, though, because that one is truly one of my favorite Live workouts.

Tami, I am glad you took a break this weekend and were able to spend time with your friend and DH. That is such good news about your DH. Hopefully he starts getting many more days like that. Great workouts! The Jessica Smith series is Walk Strong Three. I got this series for days when I don’t want to push it as hard or want a combo that at least has one more moderate element. While I think the series could be done by a beginner, I have found with the three non-stretching workouts I have done, they can be pretty close to intermediate/advanced as well. Thanks for your recommendation on KCM. I have the workout in my Amazon ‘cart’ right now and just need to push ‘order’. I keep trying to convince myself I don’t need more workouts.....but I think that button will get pushed. :p

Thelma, that sounds like a horrible day at work! I am glad it didn’t turn out as badly as you anticipated, but, still that had to be tough. I really hope you get that day off next week because, no doubt, you need it right now. I hate that feeling of being on the edge of sanity. Unfortunately, I have felt that way more than once this past year. I wish I could give you some comfort or relief. When I have days like that, I tell myself two things......just keep moving (because it would be so tempting to just give up and lay in bed all day), and find joy where I can.....whether that is in a good book, ridiculous movie, chocolate, looking at cute animal videos on the internet......whatever. I refuse to let myself judge myself during those times. I just let myself ‘be’ and try to quiet those voices in my heads. Huge hugs to you right now. And great job getting a workout in on top of it.

Laurie, great workouts. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I am so surprised my legs aren’t more sore this morning! Last night......wow! They were sore. But today......not much. Crazy. I have really been trying to clean up the diet and take more supplements, and I think that is helping in the recovery. Also I think this surprisingly warm weather is helping! We were near 50 yesterday! That is so much easier on the body than -20, that’s for sure. So far, I am impressed by the Jessica Smith series. I am anxious to try more of the workouts, but will probably wait on many of them until Metabolic Month.

Erika, hope your week is going well.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout last night after all. Worked a little bit later and headed home. Today’s workout is Fit|Split Legs + KCM Tabata Lower Body and Spinning after work.

Thelma: I am so sorry to hear about your day yesterday. I can relate (from my old job) only too well and it is horrible to feel like that. {HUG} for you. I am sure your workout felt like the very best part of your day, other than seeing your hubby after a day like that. I hope today was better. Thanks again for the recommendation on the Salmon recipe, we are always looking for good ones. I will try it out.

Laurie: Great job with your elliptical workout last night and the Cardio KB this a.m. I would imagine those Chris F workouts are good. The AMRAP concept is a good one and you definitely get pushed as you go to do “as many reps as possible” LOL. I was very happy to catch up as quickly as I did. I don’t like feeling behind all day.

Laurel: Another amazing combo you put together! WOWSA. Yes, the weekend definitely felt good to have a break. I don’t know if I will be able to stay away this weekend however. We have been really busy (again/still) LOL We will see who is coming in. Thank you as well for the review of JS Walk Strong 3 series. It does sound perfect for “lighter” days. I hope you hit the “order” button on that one. I think you will really like it.

Have a great evening ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. Long day at work but a better day stress wise for sure. I talked to my boss and told he me how yesterday's mess started. He was really defending us.

Laurie, great workouts! Glad you're feeling better.
    Thanks for the hug. I definitely needed a hug yesterday.

Laurel, nice killer combo! It was a tough day. Not sure why this guy is always talking about firing people as if it is so simple. Maybe for a big shot like him, it's that simple. I feel like I aged 10 years yesterday. I wish you'd tell us when you're going through a rough, mental period so we could comfort you. The strange thing is that yesterday as scared as I felt it never occurred to me to even wonder what the heck I'd done wrong. All I wanted to do was to prepare the evidence to defend myself. After a while, I actually started to like the idea of being forced into early retirement! LOL. Thank you for the hugs, Laurel.

Tami, awesome workouts today! Not sure how you do those workouts so early in the morning! You're awesome!
    Thanks so much for the hug. The workout was definitely badly needed. When I was at work I felt that I needed a nice kickboxing workout but by the time I got home, all that stress adrenaline was gone. I feel bad when I get home feeling so tired that I can hardly put one foot in front of the other. I can see on Ray's face that he feels really bad for me.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a beautiful morning we are having, it is in the 50's! DH is coming home today from Vegas, so that is another happy occasion. He will think he brought the nice weather back with him. :D After work yesterday I did a short GHUTV Workout LIFT Pilates Yoga Fusion. Good workout. This morning I did GHUTV LIFT Upper Body.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workout, and you are really making me want to try out those workouts. I knew you would be good with the legs. :D It now sounds like you did the same thing for your upper body. :D Interesting about the recovery, I'm guessing that you are probably correct on that one. I know that Chris Freytag has given me some good information on what to take, and I know that it has helped me a lot. I'm able to pop out of bed in the mornings without problem. Before taking the supplements, it was pretty difficult to actually walk. I think it might be the Tumeric.

Tami, Awesome workout combo! That one sounds really fun to try. Hope your spin class was a good one. I think I will use the AMRAP workouts for the metabolic rotation, thinking that one will really work well for that phase. I'm ready for our next phase on Sunday, actually looking forward to this one.

Thelma, I have had a boss that sounds like the one you are talking about. He would talk about firing people, and it really had me stressed so much that I would just start crying for no apparent reason. I was so happy when he left the company for greener pastures. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I took it down a notch today which was much needed after the past two days of workouts. Today I started with Cathe Live Love Those Legs then pulled out an oldie for cardio....Rhythmic Step. Good fun.

Tami, great workout. I hope you get to take your birthday off from work at least! Maybe the trade off is working this coming weekend so you can be off the following weekend? I hope so. Hopefully your DH is feeling good and you can get out and do something fun. My DH and I will be celebrating our 28th anniversary on your birthday. :o

Thelma, I am glad it was a better day at work. I, too, have worked for somebody like that. I think individuals like that are on a power trip because, honestly, there is no reason to lead with fear. One of my pet peeves, especially when I worked for the military. Thank you for encouraging me to express myself on my down days, but I do feel I have spent the better part of the year whining! I keep telling myself to snap out of it.....but I just don’t seem to be able to do that. At least I have more good days that not anymore, though.

Laurie, sounds like we are sharing weather right now! Isn’t it fantastic? I love being able to open the windows for a little while and get fresh air. And go outside without a heavy coat. Great workouts! Hope your DH makes it home safely.

Off to get my hair youthened! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I am alive and well ..... just looked at the clock and I still have a few things to do. I will check in with you all tomorrow. Happy Friday "Eve" talk to you tomorrow.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, not much time for a workout but did a little Jessica Smith cardio. Yet another long, crazy day at work. I managed to get myself in trouble again today. An innocent mistake almost became a federal case. Insane! I've decided I'm not going to give these people the power to upset me too much. Our temps were in the 50's today. Tomorrow we will be in the mid 60's during the afternoon. I heard cooler air will move in on Saturday. I think temps will stay in the 50's though.

Laurie sounds like you did some fun workouts! Sounds like we're having the same kind of weather!
    I'm where you were with that boss but I found out today he has no right to just fire people. There is a process and I certainly can't be written up simply because I didn't communicate with somebody. Especially, because that is not true.

Laurel, great workouts!
    There really is no reason to lead by fear. I know he is under a lot of pressure himself. Like I told Laurie, a co-worker told me that he has no power to fire me. I know the firing policy. I would have to be found doing drugs or drinking at work and all kinds of other stuff but not for having failed to communicate with someone which like I told Laurie is not true.
    I thought today that if he ever told me I was fired and kept yelling at me I'd walk out of the room, go to my desk, grab my personal things and leave. Or I could just march directly into the HR office.
    Sometimes it's better to snap out of a down day when you share with others how you're feeling. I'm glad that your good days are more frequent than the not so good ones! Good job!

Hi Tami!

Good night and a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work, DH was already home. It was good to see him, and he was happy just to have a simple meal. He was wined and dined while out in Vegas. He told me that red meat was off the table for a while, so I made salmon and a salad for dinner. So good! This morning was GHUTV LIFT Lower Body, another good workout. Getting ready for our front/back rotation on Sunday!

Laurel, Nice combo of workout today! Never could get that choro for Rythmic Step down pat. :D Hopefully you won't be sharing the weather that we have coming up today, it is suppose to rain around 2" tonight. Then we are suppose to have ice/snow combo. Not fun, I'm ready for the more normal temps for this time of the year. :D

Tami, LOL about checking in. I'm sure that you will be just has happy as I am that it is Friday!

Thelma, I love your attitude about work. I always tell my co-workers that if they want to fire me, they can. Of course I'm the only woman in our department, so I think I'm safe. :D The other factor is that I have always gotten good reviews. ;) Enjoy your temps, I'm ready for the same.

Erika, Hope your week went well and that you can survive any snow coming your way. I know that northern WI area is suppose to get socked with snow this weekend.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I can’t believe today marks the end of our original six month rotation! It went by so fast. I am SO happy we did this....and even happier that we are continuing forward. Thank you, Ladies!! For my workout today, I started with Cathe Live Upper Body Express with Core. For cardio, I did F/S Boxing Bootcamp cardio into Cathe Live Jabs and Kicks. Good fun!

Tami, thanks for checking in! Hope you get some time to relax this weekend, even though you will most likely be working as well.

Thelma, I, too, love your attitude. Your boss’’s talk is all bluster. It should be treated accordingly. :) Enjoy those temps! We have been beautiful all week and today......it is snowing. Just flurries, but I have no idea where this came from. But that’s spring for you.

Laurie, glad you got to spend your evening with your DH. I bet eating out night after night in Vegas gets a little old. Of course, I don’t much enjoy eating out at all! Your dinner sounds wonderful. I am really looking forward to this next month in our rotation. It will be different from anything I have ever done.

Erika, hope you had a good week!

Off to make a cake for DHs birthday tomorrow. Completely out of character for him.....he requested a peanut butter cake with chocolate frosting. :o For all of my love of peanut butter and chocolate, this will be a first for me. I am thinking the slices (at least mine) will have to be very small because I can only imagine the calories (and the night sweats that would follow!). But since we spent his birthday last year in separate cars enduring the worst snowstorm on the Alaskan Highway I ever hope to see, I don’t mind celebrating this year with an overly rich, caloric homemade cake!

Enjoy the weekendL

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend!
    On Friday I did KCM 30-MTF Lower Body Split Sessions, Walking on Treadmill, Stretching. On Saturday Jessica Smith Walking Workout for Flat Abs and JS 20 Min Dynamic Stretch. Sunday Fit Split Just Kickboxing plus Abs, Stretching. I had the sads today again. I'm feeling better now thankfully.

Laurie, that salmon dinner sounds great! Wonderful job with the lower body workout!
    I've always gotten great reviews too but this guy is nuts and goes around threatening to fire people.

Laurel, I am happy too we did this rotation! Fabulous workout combo on Friday!
    Temps will be in the 50's during the day all week.

Hi Tami and Erika!

Good night and have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a messy weekend weather wise. I truly don't enjoy spring snowstorms, they usually involve rain/ice/snow in that order. We have about 2 inches of ice beneath the snow that is on top of it. :p Anyway on Saturday I did a Kelly's Yoga Flow Stretching, and then followed that up with a 15 min. stretch with Jessica. On Sunday I did Kelly's Amped Up Cardio, that one really is a calorie burner. This morning was FitSplit Push, and hopefully I will be able to do something after work. I wasn't able to get to the grocery store this weekend, because of the weather. I only ventured out to go to church, and then came home so I will have to do some shopping on the way home.

Laurel, Nice workouts! I too am glad that we did this rotation, and I didn't even realize that it has been 6 months. I think that it was the variety that helped with not noticing this on my part. I have done workouts like this with using Jillian's workout, but I'm looking forward to this too. It is a very different way of working the body. I think that it has helped me understand what my body likes for workouts and doesn't. Now that cake sounds delicious, and I hope that you enjoyed every bite. Happy Birthday to your DH also.

Thelma, Awesome workout combos! I'm glad you are passed the sads. I have not tried that Kickboxing portion of the FitSpit workout, I may try that one tonight if I have the time. Does sounds like a crazy person. ;) Hope that you don't end up getting this storm/blizzard that we had. 36 hours of pelting ice. Our skylight is covered in a layer of ice, so no sunlight will get through that. That is when we finally get some sun. :|

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here, and enjoyed spending time with DH on his birthday. The cake turned out very good....too good, in fact, because I can’t stop eating it! Oh well. For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith walking workout from YouTube followed by two 15 minute Rodney Yee Yoga routines....one focusing on hip openers and one on flexibility. I really enjoy Rodney Yee’s yoga. Yesterday, I started with a Cathe Live Timesaver Step routine into Cathe’s Intensity workout with the BC section for a tough 90 minutes of cardio. Then I did the Stability Ball Ab work from STS Ab Circuits. Today was Fit/Split Push, followed by X10 Hi/Lo into Cathe Live Cardio Core Blast.

Thelma, great workouts this weekend. I am sorry to hear you were feeling down yesterday. Are you taking Friday off? I hope so. Enjoy the nice weather!

Laurie, sounds like a horrible storm. I saw photos from Minnesota this weekend covered in snow/ice, and I imagine that is the same storm that hit you. Hopefully the sun comes out and melts that ice! No fun. Great workouts this weekend! Yes, I have been enjoying the cake....too much. :p Hence the long cardio sessions the last two days! :D

Tami and Erika, hope you enjoyed the weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I have missed you all! You've all had amazing workouts, I can't even keep up with them all!

Well, we've had quite the weather...we ended up with a snowstorm starting Friday night and just ended early this morning. 18" of snow, about 24 hours of 40+ Mph winds (thus the blizzard warning) and ice. They closed pretty much everything down this weekend and delayed schools this morning too. It's supposed to stay in the low 30's until the weekend, and we have another shot at 3-6" of snow Wednesday. I'm ready for warmth and sun!

Thelma, I can so feel for your frustrations with work. About 9 months ago, I was assigned a new manager and she made my life horrible. I would cry at night (and during the day, because I work at home by myself) and work 13+ hour days. It was horrible, and I dreaded every single day. I'm not a super religious person, but I was told to pray. Well, an announcement came out just before January 1st that I was getting a new boss and at the end of February my old boss was "laid off" It was a horrible several months, that I honestly didn't think I'd make it through. So, I feel for you! I hope it gets a little better or some good changes come soon!

Tami, so glad to hear that your hubby had a good day and hopefully those continue to be more frequent. Sounds like you've been putting in some extra hours at work...hopefully that subsides once you are done training and onto your new role. Changes are always tough, but hopefully it all works in your favor!

Laurel, I am still cringing at your tough workout from last week! Way to push yourself outside of your comfort zone...that's fun to do every once in awhile. I signed up for Cathe's Live workouts over the weekend, and so far have had a lot of fun with them. Something about watching her live is fun for me. It's more "real" than the DVD's, which I like. She gets tired like us, goofs up like us, and frankly is just a fun person! If you've got some faves I should try (since there's so many of them), let me know. I'm staying away from the step cardio (too challenging for me choreography wise), but otherwise am open to everything else. I've done Jabs and Kicks, Booty Max and Old School Cardio & Kickbox.

Laurie, I'm sure you can feel my pain on this weekend's snow storm. How much did you end up getting?

Hopefully I'm back on here more often now that the weather (and sports) are calming down a bit for a couple weeks! Have a great evening!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! I am going to try and get my message to you all before my day is gone. . . Nevermind, it is now my lunch break but I am trying to catch up with you ladies. :) Kind of how Friday went again after Thursday. Training-Training and more Training really keeps me away from my “norm”. All good, she is getting more and more on her own so it is going to be great. I did come in yesterday but the only Title Officer here had only left me 3 files. The other one came in as I was leaving so a “full” in box this a.m. I was able to get through it though and then after covering the front desk for an hour I am behind a little bit, but I will make it. Weekend was pretty good, short but good. DH didn't feel good at all on Saturday and then yesterday he was fine. I don't know what that was about but glad he is better again. Thursday and Friday were both great energy level days for him so not sure if meds are still in his system or????

Workouts were: Saturday Total Body Tri-sets Upper & Lower combo for a fabulous 90 min workout and then yesterday was CARDIO and I did S&S Cardio Slam. No workout this a.m. but will head to BootCamp after work.

You guys are all doing amazing with your workouts!

Very fun to be into this new phase of a rotation. I think the added cardio will be good for me! Thank you all for our amazing rotation we just finished up by the way! Always so fun to be doing them with you all.

I think tomorrow will be a good day that I can respond to all of you better. {sorry} but I am here and cheering everyone on in their daily workouts and life! ;););)

Talk to you all tomorrow ~
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout: Fit Split Push - Mixed Impact Cardio - Just Pull, Walking on Treadmill, Stretching. I survived another day at work. Today was a good day at work. I think I have to take this one-day-at-a-time.

Laurie, great workouts! We did get some slushy stuff this weekend. Our cars were covered in some slushy mess. It rained pretty hard all day long. Pretty crappy day for the Boston Marathon runners!
    I think you would like the Kickboxing portion of the FitSplit workout. I like that it wasn't a jumping workout. My body doesn't like those high impact workouts anymore. If our skylight were covered in ice, DH would love it. He likes a dark room. Our skylight has mini blinds that we never open anymore.

Laurel, glad you and your DH had a nice weekend. That cake sounds delicious! It's a good thing you worked out extra hard last week! I think you can afford the cake calories! Great workouts this weekend and today!!

I am taking Friday off and I just can't wait. I'm also starting to get excited about our vacation at the end of May.

Erika, we missed you too! OMG, you got a serious snowstorm! OMG, it is so stressful to have management issues! I normally don't have anything to do with this guy but someone said something that made me look like I wasn't communicating a project status loud enough. He lost it as a result and once he is in that ugly place there is no way to reason with him.
    Interesting about the prayer advice. My aunt suggested the same thing this weekend when I called her couldn't stop crying while telling her my work situation. I do need to pray about it, and I will. I don't expect a miracle like in your case. I just ask for this project to go smoothly.

Tami, I'm glad your trainee is learning at a good pace.
    Sounds like your DH is having more good days than bad days now! Great progress!
    Great workouts!! I am happy about the cardio part too!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, which I kind of new would happen. This morning was F/S Pull, and I'm really enjoying these workouts so far.

Laurel, Awesome combo of workouts, and very nice that you found some good Rodney hip openers. Will have to look into that one, because my hips do need all the help that they can get. Should be doing the PY4H Happy Hips one of these days. ;) We are suppose to get temps in the 50's this weekend, so the snow should start to melt. The Green Bay area had 34" of snow, so they really got hit hard. If you only make that type of treat every once in a while, and then of course do your cardio, you should be good. :)

Erika, Sure does sound like we had the pleasure of the crazy weather this weekend. I don't think that there is anyplace in MN or WI that isn't cover in snow. ;) I'm with you on the warmer weather, it can commence at anytime. Have fun with your new purchase of Cathe Live, it appears that you have had some good ones so far. I think that is one of the reasons that I enjoy the Kelly RAW workouts too.

Tami, Glad that you where able to check in with us, I know that you are super busy right now. Sorry to hear about your DH not feeling well, but that it was only for a day. Great workouts, it really is nice to get longer/more cardio.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! I was thinking of adding on the cardio of the F/S workouts as my after work cardio, they are shorter so should be good. I don't enjoy the high impact workout either, ever since I had that knee problem. Enjoy your day off on Friday, will be a good mental health day for you.

On a sad note, a girl that my youngest dd worked with was murdered this weekend. It appears that it may be her boyfriend.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was F/S Pull and F/S Abs. For cardio, I hit the spin cycle with Cathe Live Rhythm Ride. This was a really fun one!

Erika, I saw photos of Minnesota this weekend and all the snow! That is crazy. Hopefully spring shows up soon for both you and Laurie. I agree with everything you said about the appeal of the Cathe Live workouts. My favorites.....there are so many! But here are a few off the top of my head: Kickboxing—Jabs and Abs; Rock It Sock It Live, Warrior Kickboxing and Boxing with Leg Blasts. For Mixed Cardio (meaning a little bit of a few forms of cardio)—Fitness Fusion, Cathe’s Birthday Blast and Keep the Cardio Coming. If you can do drills (no choreography) using just a 4” step, the workout with a very long title (her 100th Live episode) from 5/5/16 is a fantastic blend of cardio styles. For shorter HiiT cardio—Lift It HiiT It Live, Mixed Impact
    HiiT with Bonus Abs and Compound HiiT. Lower Body—Oh My Quads and Oh My Glutes. For Upper Body—Upper Body Pyramid and Upper Body Express with Core. For Total Body—all of the PHA workouts and Vertical Loading are great. I could go on forever!! But there are just a few. Let me know what appeals, and maybe I can narrow it down a bit!

Tami, great workouts! Sorry DH wasn’t feeling well on Saturday. Could it have just been one of those days and not related to the pneumonia? I hope so since he recovered on Sunday. Sounds like work is keeping you busy. Thanks for checking in!

Thelma, one day at a time is really a fantastic approach. I have heard it all my life without paying attention to really adhering to the approach.....but it really does make sense to just take each day as they come. Glad you have a short week....and a vacation to look forward to!

Laurie, I, too, am loving these workouts. I am so glad to be doing the F/S strength workouts for four weeks because I just am beginning to feel familiar with them now and can, hopefully, start making some weight changes. Her pace and my lack of familiarity with them has kept me a little lighter than I otherwise probably could handle. That being said, I am feeling today’s workout very well right now! Yep, I don’t mind cake once in awhile....but I have had enough! When I was younger I never could imagine ever saying ‘I have had enough’ about cake. Guess I’m not a kid anymore. :p On a serious note, though, that is so scary and sad about your DD’s co-worker. Hope they can figure out if it was her boyfriend or, if not, who else did it. I cannot imagine what her family is going through right now.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a good BootCamp class last night was another “AMRAP” Session with 7 minutes on and 1 minute rest, repeat 3 times and then she would change the set of exercises. She didn’t know what she wanted to do for class so I think she just went with a mixture of what we have been doing. LOL This a.m. was Fit|Split Pull and tonight I will head to Insane X.

Thelma: Great job with you workouts! Sounds like work is not the funnest for you right now. I am sorry. That stress level has to be exhausting. Very glad you have a long weekend coming up. YAY!! One day at a time is sometimes the best way when life is being tougher on you. It is too much to think beyond that sometimes. Yes. Hoping DH continues to have more good days. He is going in this week for another lung x-ray so we will see what they say. . . . he seems to think something is not right still.

Laurie: Excellent workout! Is this your first time with the Fit Split Push and Pull workouts? Or just in general you are enjoying them in our new series of workouts? Work is super busy right now. It would be just normal busy if I didn’t have to stop what I am doing and miss 20, 30 minutes here and there. The girl that is supposed to be helping me when I get behind during this training period isn’t helping …. She says she is happy to and takes files and then brings them back, “sorry I got busy” so I just stopped asking. Strange. I am so sorry to hear about your DD’s co-worker, how awful. I can’t even imagine.

Laurel: Way to go on your workouts! Sounds like a perfect combo today. I am hoping it was just one of those days and he had a bug or something. I think with all the antibiotics that were in his system recently it has played some havoc on his eating, taste buds, etc. He is going to bring it up to the doctor when he goes in again so we will see. Fingers crossed.

Hope you ladies have a great rest of your day/evening! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, not much energy for weight lifting so I just did some Jessica Smith low impact cardio.

Laurie, great job getting your workout in this morning!
    We had temps in the 50's today and I believe the rest of the week will stay in the 50's during the day. Friday will definitely be a mental health day.
    OMG, how sad about your dd's co-worker!!

Laurel, great workouts!!
    The one-day-at-a-time is the best I can do now. I think I have to make it one hour-at-a-time pretty soon!

Tami, awesome workouts!!!
    Work doesn't seem to be fun for a lot of people I'm slowly discovering. The stress level is exhausting and depressing. As long as your DH feels there is something still not right with his lungs he needs to keep going to the doctor. Maybe if this doctor can't figure it out he needs to go somewhere else.
    Maybe you need to deliver the work to the woman who isn't helping! :)

Hi Erika! I saw this picture on Facebook and thought of you and all that snow! The caption said something about breaking out the flip-flops for Michigan's summer.

ha1wrskeevj1.jpg

Good night ladies!
    Thelma