Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Went a little longer and tougher on the workout today to end the week. I started with RUUB Triple Triceps and upped the weights all around. This was no easy task because I really seemed to have reached for a good weight yesterday in the chest workout, and my pecs were screaming today. For cardio, I did a Cathe Live combo of Cardio Mish-Mosh followed by Circuit Crush.

Tami, hope you get a chance to relax this weekend. Great workouts this week, as always!

Erika, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like you will have a fun weekend! That being said, I don’t envy you with the sidewalk/driveway work. We will enter our third week of roofers Monday, and I have had enough of people working around the house for sure. :# Great job with the workouts. It is funny how tastes in workouts change. I used to avoid circuit workouts at all cost, and now they are some of my favorites. I can go months between step workouts....and then want to do them every day for three straight weeks. One of the reasons I love having the Live options is on any given day depending on the whims of my mood, I can find a workout between my DVDs and Live that will match whatever it is I feel like doing.

Thelma, great workout despite a long day. Hope you are enjoying your day off!

Laurie, great workouts. That GS Bicep workout is SO good. She hits the muscle in every possible way. I am toying with a few suggestions in my mind about ‘what’s next’ right now since we extended this portion of our rotation to September. So I want to think through now how to approach the fall/holiday period, allowing for circuits over the holidays. So I will try to write down a plan and come up with something and see how that works for us. I think some would think I am crazy for already thinking about the holidays. What can I say? I like in North Pole, Alaska! :D

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Friday! So this a.m. was RUUB Shoulders (x3). Love it. Shoulders (as I have mentioned before) are always fun for me to work. Probably my favorite upper body work.

Thelma: Sorry for how many hours you are putting in to get an extra day off. I remember at my old job I had to do that every time I took vacation and it was so stressful. I hope you enjoy your long weekend! Great job with your RUUB Dbl Shoulders ….. you got it done! Way to go. I know what you mean as well on picking a place to live. We had not planned on living where we are (house wise) for 20+ years but it is in such a great little quiet cul-de-sac, huge trees behind us with no houses and great neighbors. Plus we have a shop for DH. It is hard to find and hard to replace forsure. I bet you guys will find the perfect spot when it is time!

Laurie: Way to get in your Shoulder work and Plateau Buster along with the additional stretch. LOL . . . we get what you are saying on the muscle work! It’s all great, I agree. Also, good job with the Bi’s this a.m. and Jell-O arms. That TLC sounds like it was a nice little bonus. Way to go!

Laurel: Fabulous workouts!!!! You are putting together some great combos as always. I wish I could say the same but I am doing what I can and keeping up. LOL The Cardio Mish-Mosh + Circuit Crush sounds like something I would like; just the names alone. :)
    I look forward to hearing what we have coming up on our rotations. For now we are continuing with the TRIPLE Upper, etc. like we have been doing for a month total right? Then into the STS portions of body parts OR? and then Body Beast, etc. for a month, like you posted a while back? I have it printed at home but just wanted to check in about our timeline of things. Thank you in advance.

Have a great weekend ladies! Talk to you on Monday …. Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a nice weekend. We had a great weekend and on Friday I treated myself to a mani/pedi. On Saturday we went to my BIL's to celebrate his wife's 60th bday. It started out raining in the morning and it remained cloudy and raw the rest of the day. We were cold outside! It's a good thing I took a hoodie with me!
    OMG ladies, my BIL was talking about how much he enjoys the time we spend together, especially because he knows we will move out of state in the future. I thought he was going to cry as he was saying that. We didn't have the heart to tell him that we may move next year!
    On Friday I did Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Triceps, Treadmill, Stretching. On Saturday Jessica Smith Pilates and Yoga Stretch and tonight Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Back, Treadmill, Stretching.

Laurie, great job with your workouts!! Are the GS workouts you're doing Giant Sets or Gym Style?

Laurel, congrats on going longer and tougher on your Friday workout! Great job! Sounds like you have a wonderful house location. We also have great neighbors and protected woods behind our house. I hope we're able to find the right location. For us, it's all about the view.

Tami, great job with your shoulder workout!!
    It really is stressful to have to work extra long hours just to be able to take a day off. Any day outside the office is worth the sacrifice of the extra hours for me.

Hi Erika!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This may be the first time that I'm happy it is Monday! :D All weekend I did gardening. We put concrete blocks around the shed so that the gravel underneath doesn't move. We stained the blocks to match the color of the shed, it really looks great. I also hauled a bunch of mulch all around the house, and planted some more perennials. DH and I where exhausted by Sunday night, and I didn't get anything exercise wise done. On Saturday alone I had over 15K steps on my FitBit. Didn't wear the thing on Sunday, because it was charging. Overall the yard looks great! I will probably need some type of stretching this week, so will be looking at which one I want to try out. After work on Friday I did get in the GS Triceps though. This morning was Kickboxing and Dumbbells Drills Premix from Kelly's Step Boxing workout. Will be doing chest work when I get home, and probably some stretching. ;)

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts. Oh my on the pecs during your tricep work. Sounds like you really did push those chest muscles good. Wouldn't it be great it Cathe and Kelly got their new workouts to us before the holidays, so that would be a chance to try out those DVD's. ;) I really haven't tried out a rotation with Kelly's and Cathe's last series, so maybe that is something that I will try out. If you or I don't think of things like this well before hand, I would be surprised. I'm one of those exercisers that needs to have a blue print ready. :D

Tami, Great job on all the workouts. I like shoulder work also, I just wish that I could lift heavier, I feel like such a weakling compared to Cathe and Kelly. Although I'm lifting heavier than I ever have lately. I love boxing, so any chance I have to do those type of workouts I will. I probably could do boxing everyday. ;)

Thelma, Nice job with the workouts! Maybe a Jessica stretch would be good, will have to check that out. Although Kelly did make a RAW Stretch that I would love to try out. The GS I'm doing is the Gym Style, and will be glad when I'm done with these. Those 72 push ups are tough, but I'm loving them just because I can see a difference. I guess I don't do enough push ups, they are something I tend to avoid. :D Oh my on your BIL, that had to be tough. Sounds like you had our weather from last week, it you get the weather we had this weekend, you will be loving it. Just enough breeze and sun.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a beautiful weekend weather-wise, and we made it a mixture of fun and work. We found out Friday evening that the roofers wanted to finish up on Saturday, which made me very happy. But I couldn’t take another minute of nail pounding over my head, so DH and I headed out before they arrived on Saturday.....and played 2 of the three golf courses in Fairbanks. :o I have never played two rounds of golf in a day before, but it was good fun. The weather was fairly decent and the courses pretty quiet, which helped. Took us about 8 hours, though. We did ride in carts for both rounds though. If we hadn’t...... :o:o . Yesterday was spent like Laurie.....in the garden. We finally got some plants in and mowed (we hadn’t been able to do that with the roofing materials all over for the past two weeks). It was so nice last night to be able to sit on our porch, enjoy a little wine, and look at all our plants and flowers. Summer up here is far too short to have spent two weeks not able to do that. :# But the roof is done and looks good.....so all is well I suppose.

For workouts, Saturday I did Jessica Smith Yoga Sculpt. Sunday was RUUB Triple Biceps followed by a Cathe Live Combo of Cardio Circuit Clannge and Cross Fire Quick Fix. Today was RUUB Triple Shoulders followed by another Cathe Live combo of Move It and Low Impact Conditioning Express. I increased the weights on both RUUB workouts, which felt really good. I did slow down today’s shoulder workout a bit to do that, but only by a couple of minutes. That’s pretty good for me and shoulder work!

Thelma, sorry to hear about the chilly weather. I imagine it was tough to hear that from your BIL. Moving is tough....no matter how you twist and turn it. Great workouts this weekend!

Laurie, I laughed when I read your description of your gardening followed by the ‘no workouts this weekend’. I would beg to differ! Sounds like your gardening was far tougher than any ‘workout’ would have been! Especially moving concrete blocks and mulch around. Tough stuff! But I bet it feels good to have it looking so nice. Hopefully you were able to sit outside a bit and enjoy it like we did. Such a great way to end a hardworking day! :) Great workout this morning. Hope you get a chance to stretch later because no doubt that will feel good. I hope both Cathe and Kelly’s workouts come out before late December. I know Cathe filmed in October last year, so if her filming is anytime soon......they should be out before the holidays. Fingers crossed on that!

Tami, I didn’t get a chance to toy with the rotation this weekend, but I will try to get something done soon. This one body part will go until September 30 :o . And, yes, my plan is to do STS Meso 2 next, followed by Body Beast Bulk workouts. Then I was planning on doing the Muscle Meltdowns for the final stage, but I may revise that last stage a bit and do the LIHI workouts instead. I am trying to figure out which would be better to get me fit for our trip to Hawaii that last week in September. :) We had agreed to do a month of circuits after that, but as I mentioned last week, I want to do circuits in the December/January time frame. So part of me is toying with starting our pattern of this rotation over again some time in October (which is when we started it last year), but using different workouts. I think I will want to put something in between the one body part and going back to heavy work (which is how we started this rotation), though. Like I said, still churning through thoughts. All ideas welcome! Again, I hope you got a chance to relax this weekend. I hope your Mom’s appointment on Saturday went well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was pretty good. It felt a little long but that’s ok. I did go into work for just a couple hours yesterday. It was productive but not as much as I had hoped. Nobody had been in so there wasn’t a stack of work, which I dont ever know prior to going in if several people have been in or nobody. Stayed and then headed back home. Bernie of course joined me. My little sidekick. So workouts were Bi’s/Tri’s (x3) on Saturday + a Jessica Smith stretch and then yesterday I did RWH Chest Xtreme pre-mix + KCM “TLC” Conditioning. Tonight will be BootCamp after work.

Thelma: Your 3-day weekend sounds like it was wonderful! I am so happy for you. Nice that you enjoyed a mani/pedi on Friday. Nice that you had time with your family. That will be really hard to tell him it sounds like. Awwww ….. but then they can come visit you guys. Thank you for the kudos on my workout.

Laurie: WOWSA! Sounds like you did a lot of yard work … I bet it looks amazing. That all sounds like exercise to me. Excellent job getting in your GS Tri’s on Friday and KB today. I also love boxing workouts. Had tough time yesterday deciding on Conditioning or Boxing in that TLC workout. That’s great you are lifting heavier than before and feeling the strength gains. Has Kelly posted anything about her new workouts?

Laurel: Your 8 hours of golf sounds like it was a lot of fun! Way to go. Sounds nice to come home and enjoy your yard finally. Way to go on your workouts! Fabulous combos as always. Thank you for the update on our rotation. So when will you switch from “RUUB x3” combos to STS? In September? I have it all printed out at home but I wasn’t sure how long we were in the “RUUB” stage, then STS Meso 2, then Body Beast Bulk, etc. Thank you again and sorry for my confusion. :#

So my mom’s biopsy is on this Thursday and then the PET scan on Saturday. Hoping to have results of both on Monday or Tuesday is what my sister said. My sister is going to be told the results over the phone and relay them to my mom. {SIGH} She said she may call me before telling mom. Really trying to hope for the very best of course. <3 I will know more after we know the results of when I will be planning my visits.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Hey everyone ! I'm a bit of a newby. I did four Cathe workouts last week all STS except I did an xtrain DVD for an extra cardio. I'm working up to 6 days a week. Quick question I couldn't get the Cathe website to do right for the one rep calculator. How would you go about doing it by hand?
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Shoulders, Treadmill, Stretching. So happy to have gotten shoulders out of the way for this week! Now they can rest for a few days!

We sent our financial advisor all the documentation he needed in order to analyze our retirement readiness situation. So we will see if we can continue dreaming about retiring next year.

Laurie sounds like you had quite a gardening workout all weekend! I bet it looks great. DH decided he didn't want to do our usual summer flowers because he is convinced we are moving next year. Great workouts on Monday!

Jessica Smith has some stretching workouts that are pretty good. I was afraid you were going to tell me you were doing Gym Style workouts. I'm not ready for that kind of workout! 72 pushups would probably kill my hands.
    It was tough to hear my BIL tell us how he felt about us moving. Of course, we are already thinking of helping them with their airfares so they can visit us. We had a pretty raining weekend. We had nice weather today.

Laurel, so glad you had such a nice weekend and happy your roof is finally done! Yaaay!!! Two rounds of golf in one day! Wow! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Congrats on increasing your weights! I am not able to increase shoulder weights but at least I'm able to do the 3 sets with my highest weights which is great. I did take longer breaks as I've mentioned before.
    I love the idea of starting a different flavor of this rotation in October Laurel!

It really was hard to hear my BIL on Saturday tell us how much he would miss us when we move.

Tami, awesome workouts! Wow! You're really pushing yourself! Great job!
    We are already planning to pay for my BIL's airfare so he can visit us.

Thanks for letting us know which days your mom is having her tests done. Keeping her, you and your sister in my prayers and hoping for the very best too. How is your mom doing? Is she still in the hospital?

Hi SouthernMamaUnderConsruction, great job with your workouts! I never used that one rep calculator so I can't help you there but I'm sure the other ladies will be able to help you.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I got home really late yesterday, stayed at work longer than usual. So I had to get dinner going. It's okay, will get in something tonight since I don't have to deal with picking up Rocket from daycare either. This morning I did Kelly's RAW Kettlebell and Dumbbells and Build & Burn Cardio Core.

Laurel, Your weekend sounds great, and also getting in your workouts. That is a long golf session, but glad to hear that you both enjoyed it and got away from the hammers. I did have a chance to enjoy the deck after we were winding down for the day. There was a great breeze, and I had a glass of wine in my hand. ;) I was making sure our dinner didn't burn on the grill also. I'm glad to hear that you got in your plants too, I was getting a little nervous that I had some not in yet too. Kelly had a teaser this morning on fb, it said DVD's coming soon. :D

Tami, Awesome workouts! Glad to hear that you didn't have a ton of work, and Bernie got a chance to be with you for a bit. Will be praying for some hopeful news on your Mom, you all are in my prayers. I love TLC, when you have the time the combined workout on that one is awesome. Her announcement on the new workouts this morning said Stepboxing 2...coming soon! I will have my credit card out really fast when she announces we can purchase. She usually only has a short sale time, because the DVD's are already in production.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and getting the shoulder work finished for the week. Nice getting all the information for retirement, then you can see what you need before you make to many plans. I'm going to look at Jessica's stretching for tonight after my Chest/Back workout. I'm sure I can find something short that will work good.

SouthernMama, If the calculator on Cathe.com doesn't work the try out this one. https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other7.htm You find a heavy weight for each exercise, do as many reps until you can't lift anymore. Then punch the info into this calculator. Then use the weight for the % the each workout suggests. Hope this is a help. Some people just picked up a weight for each workout, and then changed the weight as they went along.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was RUUB Triple Triceps followed by Cycle Max. This week I have done my upper body work so far in the order of biceps, shoulders and triceps, and I think this has been my favorite order so far. I will do chest and back Thursday and Friday, but am going to try this order again during our rotation. Before, I was mixing shoulders in with chest and back, and I think doing them with the smaller muscle groups instead of those larger ones where I live heavier is better. Feeling really strong right now, which is good! Even cruised right through the spin workout today! :)

Tami, great workouts. I guess I was hoping your Mom had one of her tests this past weekend. I am sure the waiting for answers is leaving you feeling incredibly unsettled. Will be praying for all of you. Great job with your workouts. And don’t worry about asking questions about the rotation. I don’t mind answering! The four weeks on RUUB will be done on July 6, so starting STS on July 8. Then STS will go until August 3, when I plan on moving to Body Beast (August 5). That will go until August 31 when I will move on to a combo of Muscle Meltdowns and LIHI (September 2), which will go until September 28. My dates may get a bit squishy coming up as I work the rotation around some interruptions, but that is the ‘set’ plan. Hope that helps.

Thelma, great workout. Will keep my fingers crossed for good news from your financial advisor!!

My thoughts for after September 28 when we finish this one body part rotation are still fluid and depend a bit on when Cathe’s new workouts may be released. So many of those workouts sound like they would be perfect for our metabolic month (planned for the holidays) that I would love to get them and use them for an entire month right away. But here is kind of what I am thinking:

October—total body workout. We had talked about doing this already after one body part but were going to focus on metabolic workouts. I want to keep this in, but I know I will focus not just on metabolic but the more traditional total body strength training workouts like STS Total Body or Muscle Max since I want to do metabolic and circuit workouts over the holidays (more workout benefits in shorter times!)

Late October/November—Heavy lifting. This would be a re-start of our current rotation. Last year I did the Body Beast Bulk workout. This year I may do Meso 3, but I haven’t decided yet. I may opt for Body Beast Build if I want something shorter.

November/December—High Reps. Last year I did Meso 1. This year will be XTrain Discs 1 and 2 and random high rep lower body workouts.

December/January—Metabolic workouts, hopefully focused on the new Lite Series.

I haven’t put in dates yet because if we do four weeks of each, the start dates for these four rotations would be:
    September 30-Total Body
    October 28-Heavy
    November 25-High Reps
    December 23-Metabolic

I wanted to get everybody’s thoughts on this and whether those dates work or whether we should shorten the total body rotation to 2 or 3 weeks to get those shorter metabolic workouts starting earlier in December to accommodate more for holiday time crunches. I am mostly time crunched during the two weeks of Christmas and New Years, so this would be okay for me. But I also don’t mind moving it up a bit either. One possible downside to moving it up earlier is we may not have the Lite Series yet. So.......all thought welcome please!!!!

Laurie, great workout this morning! I need to remember to work that Cardio and Core workout into my plan sometime again. Such a good workout. Wow to Kelly’s news!! That would be quick! Glad you got a chance to enjoy your garden the other night. I know DH and I will spend as much time on our little porch as we can over the next couple of months....until we can no more. Makes for such a nice change from watching mind-numbing TV shows. B)

SouthernMama, Laurie has given you a great on-line calculator for 1RM. Hope that helps. Great job with STS and all your workouts!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was a great one last night. Not killer hard just a constant change up of lower body to upper body to abs, short cardio burst and repeat. We would do 4 sets of upper body at a minute each, then cardio, then abs, 4 sets of a lower body, then cardio, then abs. Just a good mixture of exercises too. Today’s workout: BACK (x3) and hoping to get in something after work if DH is out working in the shop on his boat. His summer fishing season is gearing up soon so he has been out there a lot. This is that season in July where he will be gone a lot of weekends and/or mid week to the weekend and back.

Thelma: Great job with your Triple Shoulders … we did a lot of shoulder work last night (AGAIN) so I am pushing shoulders down the list further into the week again like I did last week. Yay on getting your financial advisor to start looking at your stuff to see when you can live out your dream! That’s great you will be able to help your BIL with airfaire. Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. You ladies are wonderful. No she is at my sisters house. She was only at the hospital the one day into late night but has been at my sisters since. Kris said she will be staying the summer forsure due to how weak and frail she is right now. With whatever we face next it will be either in and out of hospital or at my sisters.

Laurie: Great combo with the KCM workouts!! Keep me posted on when her new one is coming out. I am not on FB so I wont see that. LOL Thank you. Thank you for the prayers as well, like I said to Thelma, you ladies are so awesome. Feels like we should all know each other face-to-face. I have done that TLC one with the combined pre-mix, really is a great one. I kind of forgot about it until you mentioned it last week. Glad I puller her out again.

Laurel: I love the combo you have put together for the muscle groups. BootCamp has definitely deterred me from doing shoulders anywhere close to Monday due to all the shoulder work she has us do; including planks, spidermans, etc. where you are also using your shoulders. I was hoping she would have had a test by now as well. We are truly in the waiting period ….. what is next and all the unknown’s. I talked to her yesterday and she sounded pretty good but later my sister said she slept more than ever yesterday. Which means nearly ALL day. If you knew my mom this is such the opposite of who she was even a year ago. So surreal.
    THANK YOU again for posting this. Exactly what I was needing and looking for. Of course with my travels coming up to California I am not sure what I will be doing as far as keeping up with our rotations but knowing what the plan is helps me make a plan of some kind. LOL (If that makes sense)

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Triple biceps, Treadmill, Stretching.

Ladies, I have this feeling deep in my gut the financial advisor will say no can do. DH thinks totally the opposite. We both will be disappointed if the answer is not yet guys, keep working! I am feeling devastated already! I hope I'm wrong!

Laurie, great morning workout! How is little Rocket doing? We met this adorable Pomapoo doggy on Saturday. He was the sweetest little thing! We wanted to dognap him1! Now we know someday we have to get one Pomapoo. This is what he looks like except totally black
    https://tinyurl.com/y8luwjod

I hope you found a good JS stretching workout!

Laurel, awesome combo today! Mixing shoulders with chest and back is really hard as I found out on week 1!

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the rotation. I have copied the text to my rotation ideas file and will review it over the weekend but I think I like the idea of doing total body for 2-3 weeks in order to start the metabolic workouts earlier. I even think 3 weeks may be too much!

Tami, awesome job with that BC class and your at home workouts! How is your DH feeling? I hope he's back to normal and ready for his fishing season!
    I am glad your mom is at your sister's Tami. I'm sure she feels better there than being at the hospital.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Finally got in the Chest/Back work and added on Jessica's 15 minute Post workout stretch. Seemed to fit, and it was awesome. This morning was KCM 30MTF Meltdown #1, such a good workout. After work will be legs!

Here is the information that Kelly has on her web page about the new workouts.

30MTF “Stepboxing 2” has two 30-minute workouts, a bonus dumbbell segment and added premixes to give you numerous workouts on one DVD. Both Stepboxing workouts offer a perfectly paced, move-by-move instruction that keeps you working hard and engaged throughout. These workouts are fantastically fun, consistently upbeat and uniquely effective! “Stepboxing 2” has a bonus strength segment that will challenge you from head to toe with the use of only one moderate DB. This bonus is used in a few premixes but can also be used as a quick stand-alone session, or an add-on to another workout. The premixes on this DVD include a double session of Stepboxing, intervals of Stepping and DB exercises, cardio drills & DB exercises and more.

30MTF “Sculpting Rx” has two very different body shaping workouts:
    - Workout One focuses on a moderate to heavier weight load, and involves supersets to effectively target all major muscle groups in less time.
    - Workout Two is a no-impact, cardio sculpting workout that takes you through a continuous flow of compound moves utilizing lighter weights. Each muscle group is effectively worked with a mid tempo flow to ensure a safe and effective workout session.
    Also included on “Sculpting Rx” are premixes that combine these workouts in different ways to add yet even more variety to your “Sculpting Rx” regimen. Equipment used: Light DBs (5’s or 7’s recommeded), and a mat.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts, and finding the order of muscles that will work for you during the one body part duration. That Cardio Core workout is probably my favorite core workout, and so great to do as an add on. I'm loving your thoughts for the rest of the year. I'm game for rotations. I think mixing in metabolic and cardio with total body would be great.

Tami, Nice workout and of course your bc class. I'm glad that we are here for you, and maybe one day we will all meet face to face. Guess that is something to put on a bucket list. Dang on your Mom doing things that she doesn't normally do, I'm sure that some of it is from the stress she probably is going through. Take care!

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Hope that you have positive news on the financial, or a short term goal that you need to reach if nothing else. ;) Rocket is doing great, and so many people in our neighborhood tell us how well behaved he is. When we are outside now we don't have to have his collar on him at all. He just sits and watches people walking with their dogs. We also have been walking with him off leash with great results. On our walk this morning DH said that he never thought he would have a dog that could walk off leash. Of course I had been working with Rocket in the wee hours of the morning for three years to get to this point. :D That pup is so cute, and what a great bread name. I forgot to tell you that I made Skinnytaste Chopped Salad with Shrimp, Bacon and Blue Cheese. It was so good.

Have a wonderful day,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am beginning to press together some workouts now to make room for my in-laws visit and my trip to Colorado. So I did both an upper body part today as well as lower body. So I started out with RUUB Triple Chest, then for legs did Cathe Live Booty Max. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Cardio Boxing and Stability Ball Abs. Good stuff.

Tami, I love the sound of that BC class. I like the idea of really working a body part with four sets as opposed to just one. I can’t believe it is fishing season again! Where is time going? I am so glad your mother is staying with your sister. I hope some answers and a plan of action over the next week help to make her feel a bit better. Not an easy time for any of you right now.

Thelma, great workout. If nothing else, the financial advisor should be able to help you with a road map to get you where you want to be even if it isn’t next spring. I always do better with a plan than not. Thanks for your feedback on the rotation!

Laurie, great workouts! Thanks for posting that info from KCM. The Stepboxing workout sounds like a definite for me! Looks like it will be very versatile with the premixes. Love how sweet Rocket sounds. What a good pup.

Erika, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I'm here and all is well. Started writing to you all and the day got away from me. Tomorrow is the Biopsy for my mom so I will be checking in with you all in the afternoon and will let you know anything I know at that point. No results until next week though.

I will talk to you all tomorrow :smile: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout tonight for me. You won't believe what happened at home tonight. I was getting my things ready for tomorrow and was in our bedroom. DH was at the other end of the house in his office working. All of a sudden we heard this loud noise like something big had fallen and broken. Something big had indeed fallen and broken! One of the glass shower doors in the guest room shattered into a million pieces! Thank God I wasn't in there taking a shower. That is my bathroom! DH and I ran in the direction of the sound and I found DH looking at all that tempered glass trying to figure out how that could've happened. We stood there asking each other how could that have happened? There was no indication there was anything wrong with the door.
    Apparently, this happens to glass doors! It seems there must've been some kind of internal little crack around the edges that got bigger over time and the door sort of exploded. Pretty horrifying! So anyways we had to clean up the mess.

I hope we hear from the financial advisor by next week. He called DH yesterday to clarify a few things from our expense report. We have been preparing for retirement for a very long time so we know that it is possible because we have him do all kinds of projections under different conditions every year. Keyword 'projections'. This time around it will be for real. I feel calmer about it today. I think whatever happens we'll deal with it. One thing is for sure, we are both miserable with our jobs. So I worry that we're making a decision to move because of this emotional job situation. I love my boss but not so much the other people I work with. Tonight DH told me we should just move next year. I have the feeling we will move. He does know that I would feel better if at least one of us has a job. He has better chances to stay at his current job as a remote employee than I do.

Laurel, great job with those workouts! When will your in-laws be there and when is your trip to CO?
    I am a planner too so trust the financial advisor will help us get there.

Laurie, great workouts! Thanks for posting the latest KCM update. The workouts sound wonderful! I definitely love her step boxing workouts so I want to get those workouts.

Hi Tami, I'm hoping for the very best for your mom. Sending lots of prayers her way. We'll be thinking of you.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a rough night sleeping last night, had one of my sinus headaches. The horrible pollen from the cottonwood is beautifully floating around all over the place. :p So I was just to tired this morning and didn't workout. I got in GS Legs after work yesterday though. Hope to get in something after work, it is suppose to be hot here today, so the basement will be a nice place to be. ;)

Laurel, Great job with those workouts, and making it work for your time frame. Is is going to be nice in Alaska for your in-laws visit? I know that you had been concerned about fires, but knew that you had gotten some rain during that time. Do you have a lot of sight seeing that you are planning while they are there? I agree with you on KCM's Step Boxing workout, that is one I'm wanting to try right away. She said on fb that the step portion isn't going to be hard choro, so that really made me happy! We love our Rocket!

Tami, Glad you where able to check in, and do take care of yourself today. <3

Thelma, Oh my on your shower door! I'm so happy that neither of you where around the area at that time. Makes me kind of nervous about our shower door now. I'm sure the waiting to know is not fun when you both really want to move on from where you are at your jobs. That really has to be tough. DH and his Mom are meeting with an estate planning lawyer tomorrow. DH kind of forced his mom to face the reality that she and dad need someone either at their home full time, or they need to move into a facility where someone can take care of dad. This is going to be tough for them both. :/

Erika, I know that you will have very high heat today, hope you are all taking care of yourselves.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was RUUB Triple Back, which felt tough to me. But I think that was because I accidentally grabbed a weight five pounds heavier than usual to start. Oops! Once I backed up to a more realistic weight, it felt really good. :D For cardio...I have been in a weird cardio mood all week in not being able to decide what to do. Today was no different, so I ended up with another Cathe Live cardio combo....this time of Hi/Lo HiiT and Cardio Band Blast with weights.

I think I am going to change things up over the next few days. In doing my calendar for July and trying to stay on track as much as possible, I will be starting my last week of this higher rep one body part rotation we have been doing tomorrow, and working straight through for five days, meaning I will start with STS next Wednesday (in other words, four days early). So I am going to be doing the Muscle Meltdown workouts for this last ‘week’ of higher reps. Since they use lighter weights, I think that will give my upper body an endurance challenge but also a rest from heavy work before going heavy again with STS. I am definitely feeling these RUUB workouts!

Tami, thanks for checking in. I am thinking about you today. Hope all goes well with the biopsy.

Thelma, yikes on the shower door! I can’t imagine the noise that must have made. I had a patio door break into a million pieces once when I was at work.....but it didn’t fall to the floor thankfully. I am so glad that didn’t happen while you were showering. I can’t even imagine that! My in-laws will be here on July 10 for a week. And then I go to Colorado on the 26th for six days. So lots of interruptions. I hope to get workouts in for at least part of both times, but it is going to be a challenge I think. Hoping for good news from the financial planner next week!!

Laurie, sorry to hear about the sinus headache. We are currently living in a snow globe of cotton right now too, and I have had a dull headache for about a week. I think that is behind my current cardio situation.....nothing really sounds too good to be honest! It remains pretty dry up here, but the fires we had aren’t bothering us anymore. It is supposed to remain in the 70s right now for the next 10 days, so fingers crossed that stays the same for my in-laws visiting. Of course, coming from Florida they are going to be freezing up here! But they know that. We are going to go to Denali National Park and spend a few days there while they are here. Last time they were in Alaska, they didn’t spend much time there. DH and I haven’t made it to the park yet since we’ve been back, so it should be a nice visit. Stay cool today!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So Tuesday night I went home and did do the KCM Strength & Stamina #2 pre-mix for a little extra. Yesterday was just Spinning and I am going to get in a workout I hope tonight. I need it for my sanity right now forsure and to have that “life feels normal” for a moment. I was up late visiting with DH and then my sister called and we were able to talk.

My mom is in a lot of pain due to her back being fractured and most likely whatever else is going on throughout her body with the tumors she is beyond tired. My sister said it is indescribable how fast and extreme her tireds come on. She is in pain pretty much most of the time if she is up so it wears her out. Until they know the diagnosis/treatment (if any) of this tumor in her lung they don’t want her to take heavy pain meds due to the smaller tumor near her liver. At any rate I was able to talk to her early this a.m. before the test and she sounded great ….. or as great as you do when you are facing all of this. Once they got there and got her checked in I guess she was in the waiting room and started getting sick and in a bunch of pain again; they almost didn’t do the test but were able to get her settled down and out of pain. Did the biopsy, running another chest x-ray to make sure there is no leakage in her lung and she will be sent home. My sister is going to see about stronger pain meds that are ok since my mom mentioned it was nice to be out of pain for a little while and relax. {SIGH} so that is all happening right now and I am waiting for my sister to call or txt once she gets mom settled again. YIKES. What a scary thing this all is. When we were talking last night I said that I believe every word of what is happening but it is beyond my imagination how 2 weeks ago she was not like this.
    She asked me when I think I will come but I still want to wait for “results” and what is next. I may head down there the weekend of July 14th just to be there. I don’t know. It is hard to know what to do right now forsure.

Thelma: Great job with your workouts! I am hoping your news is good from the financial advisor . . . try to think positive, but I understand preparing your mind for not what you want just in case. BUT, if it is not right now, it doesn’t mean it cannot happen ever! You guys will make it happen one way or another I think. Maybe just not as soon as you would like. To answer your question about DH the other day. He is doing pretty good. He still has a lingering cough that comes & goes. Mostly at night it will randomly hit him but it is still a daily thing that is there. He goes back for the 2nd CT scan in August to check again. I told him, this HAS to be ok. I can’t take him being broken too. His energy is way better than it was though and he is going to push through this first summer fish season and see how he does. Luckily he will have that 2nd scan prior to his long fall season of fishing.

Laurie: Excellent job with your workouts as well! Thank you for the info on Kelley’s new workouts coming up. Those sound fabulous! YAY. I am sure I will be ordering as well.

Laurel: Amazing job with getting your workouts all in as always and putting together a plan prior to your trip. When is it again? That is going to be a lot of fun and hopefully you will have nicer weather in CO than AK! Yes, I definitely would like a plan. My sister was being a little pushy yesterday on “when” I was coming and I thought, didn’t we already talk about this? She was dealing with saying goodbye to her family leaving for Australia/Bali for 3.5 weeks and my mom and. …. And…. All that is going with the stress of that. So it may have been more for her than my mom and wanting an answer. I don’t have unlimited funds or time off to go and then miss say a surgery or treatment. So again, trying to save up my time and $$ for the most important. But from the sounds of it, if I am needed asap I will be there of course regardless of hospital visits, etc.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ….. enjoy the day! Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

This week has gotten away from me!! I've been feeling a little "blah" about workouts, so I think it's time to take a break from Cathe Live and switch it up a bit. Not sure yet what will be next, but I need a change!

We've been very busy with sports and work is getting a little more crazy as we're having another influx of people leaving. Nothing that directly affects me yet, but still just wears on a person hearing of all these people "getting out!" Next week I'm off and we're hoping to get to my inlaws cabin, now that the driveway and sidewalk are finally done!

Thelma, I'm hoping you get the news you want about retirement! I know all too well how much you want to hear the words that it can be done, espeically when work is really dragging you down. Hang in there and I'll send some good retirement vibes your way!

Tami, your mom sounds like she's hanging in there, despite the excruciating pain! I'm hoping for the best news possible for her and also that they can get her pain under control. Being in that much pain has got to cause even more stress to an already stressful situation. Sending lots of prayers your way!

Laurie, your weekend of gardening sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to get out in our yard to re-do our front area around the sidewalk. Some of the plants got a little cement coated with the sidewalk pouring and we need to take them out (they were already partially dead). Now, it's more dirt, rock and plants as our old sidewalk had sunk so much that we now have about 3-4" of dirt/rock to fill in to get even with the new sidewalk! I hope you're able to stay cool over the weekend...sounds like the heat is coming back!

Laurel, ahhh the roof is done! Such a great feeling, I'm sure! We'll need to do that in the next couple years...I dread it. It's the loudest thing possible, not to mention the destruction to plants, and surrounding items during the process of the shingles being removed. I'm happy to hear you got to get in some yard work too and the golfing during the final day of roofing sounds wonderful!

I'm hoping to continue to check in periodically with you ladies! Our weekdays are full of lacrosse and hockey, so it gets tough, but I'll check in when I can.

Have a fun filled 4th of July!!

Erika