Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Busy morning here at work. After work I got in the CTX Chest & Back, since I will be going to the local race track after work tonight. Should be fun. This morning was RAW Cardio Crush and GHUTV 10 Min. Med Ball Circuit. That last one was fun and got the hr going in only 10 min. It is also free on the site, so try it out as an add on. ;)

Laurel, Nice that you had a beautiful weekend also, and got in some golf. We see a lot of movies, my DH likes to go. It doesn't hurt that they have these dream loungers now. Sure makes it way more comfy. Great job on the all the workouts, and I see you got in that Kari Anderson workout that you like. Thanks for the info on the STS workouts. I guess I never remember that each of those workouts are different. I need to remember that for the future.

Thelma, I think that we have all found a new way to enjoy weight workouts during the summer. Awesome job on your workouts. Lancome is another foundation that dd has been wanting me to try, so will look at those two products too. I was wanting a bb cream for the summer, so far this PUR product is working great. It stayed on my face all day, so I'm loving it so far.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 17/Legs and STS Disc 16/Shoulders. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Spin Those Wheels.

Thelma, I am so happy to hear you are enjoying the STS workouts this way. I find my mindset going into them so completely different knowing I will be doing just a few sets of one body part then done! I pick up heavier weights, go longer in the failure sets, etc. I’m glad you feel the same about it!

Laurie, great workouts! Hope you have fun tonight at the race track. I haven’t been in ages, but I loved the atmosphere when I used to go. I may have to look into that Med Ball Circuit. I am always looking for a good way to use my Med Ball. One of the reasons I love Meso 2 so much is that even though the exercises are the same (pretty much) week to week, she varies the structure and intensity to make them feel so different. I know my body never adjusts because I always am so tired doing Meso 2! But at least the hungry situation hasn’t gotten too bad this time.

Well, my in-laws arrive tonight, so I am not sure what the next week is going to look like for me and workouts. But I will try to check in when I can.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, STS #13 Triceps, Jessica Smith cardio with Medicine ball, stretching. I love Jessica's workouts because they always target the abs. Jessica used a plastic ball but suggested using a medicine ball if one was available. I used a 4 lb med ball and I loved it. My abs are feeling it. I wasn't feeling too energetic so I chose this workout because I thought it would be easy but using the med ball turned it into a challenging workout.

Laurie, fabulous workouts! You should try this workout with the medicine ball
    https://youtu.be/gewf6cK866Y

We really have found a way to enjoy these weight workouts in the summer or any time during the year! LOL

You should visit a Lancome counter so they can tell you what color foundation you need. I'm glad the PUR foundation is working so far.

Laurel, great workouts! Good job getting all those workouts in before your in-law's arrival. I hope they arrived safely and that you have a wonderful time together.

I'm with you on mindset adjustment knowing that you'll only do a few sets. Of course, Legs is a full workout and I'm dreading it already! LOL
    I am loving being able to lift heavier weights than I did in the past too.

Tami, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a great time at the race track last night. They had a driver from all the Nascar series races. In fact Erik Jones was there, he just won the Daytona race on Sunday. He didn't last long, his engine blew. The winner was a Wisconsin driver that runs in the Xfinity series. Got home really late, but I was up at my usual time and got in GHUTV Pyramid Power Plus.

Laurel, Nice combo of workouts, I'm sure that spinning worked really well with the leg workout. Have a wonderful time exploring Alaska with your In-laws. So nice that you could get your workouts coordinated so that you don't need to worry about what you may have missed. I will have to revisit those Meso 2 workouts, I just tend to avoid STS because of all the equipment that needs to be dragged out. :D When I saw the short med ball workout, it just said do it. I love the way that med ball works the whole body.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! I love that we both did a med ball workout. I will have to try that Jessica one out, since I agree with you that she is a good one to go to for some great workouts. My med ball is 8lbs, and that can get heavy after a while. I have one workout that uses the med ball that Tony Horton did on his 1 on 1 series. It was a good one, so should pull that one out too. Chris Feytag has a could of them listed on the paid workouts too. I'm planning on trying those out also. One of the nice things with dd working at Ulta, she just mentions that I'm her mother, and I get special treatment. It sure is nice. Still loving my makeup. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did STS Disc 14 Legs, walking on the treadmill, stretching. Tomorrow is my Friday. I have a mani/pedi appointment on Friday. Can't wait!

Laurie, glad you had a great time at the car races! Good for you for getting up early the next morning to workout!

You are lucky you get VIP treatment at Ultra. Take a look at that JS workout I did because you don't have to use a med ball. You can use a 5lb kettlebell if you have a small one, a dumbbell, or if Rocket has a big ball maybe he can let you use it for 1/2 hour! LOL

Laurel, I hope you're enjoying the time with your in-laws!

Hi Tami, thinking of you and your mom.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in CTX Leaner Legs, always a good workout. This morning I did RAW Home Gym Intervals #2 and GHUTV Quick Cardio Kickboxing. I used my elliptical for the cardio portion of the RAW workout. In this one Kelly is doing high impact moves, so I opted to use a machine. :D

Thelma, Great job on your workout combo. I bet you are ready for the Friday pampering. Have to say that it didn't take me long to fall asleep last night, I was so tired. :D I actually have 4 and 8 pound med balls, so I will probably have both of them out to test out. Looks like a really good workout. If I took Rockets ball, he would think that I'm going to play with him. :D

Laurel, Hope you are having a great time.

Tami, Thinking of you and your family.

Have a great day!

Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me today. I will do back/biceps tomorrow. Long day at work before a day off!

Laurie, great job with your workouts. Good idea to have both medicine balls ready for the workout. The 4 lb ball got heavy for me toward the end so I switched to a 1 lb ball. I can just imagine Rocket thinking you were going to play with him if you worked out with his ball! lOL

I am looking forward to my pampering session. It's at 9 am so I can get it out of the way and make sure the nails dry up before I run errands and workout.

Laurel, I hope you're having a good time and finding time to workout.

Tami, keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Have a great weekend!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I went out with my gf's for the retirement celebration. It was very nice to get together even though we will probably see everyone on Sunday for a graduation party. This was without the hubbies, so much more fun. So no workout. This morning I did GHUTV Lengthen & Strengthen 1. Will get in CTX Shoulders, Bi's & Tri's after work.

Thelma, Have a great time with your pampering and then running errands. Enjoy a relaxing Friday. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice, busy weekend. On Friday I got a very nice mani/pedi, then in the afternoon, I did STS back & shoulders. On Saturday we met my BIL and his wife for brunch and that was a lot of fun. In the afternoon I did Jessica Smith Dynamic Stretching Fusion. I also went through 2 of my giant under the bed drawers and got two huge, trash bags full of clothes to give away. My goal (and DH's) is for me to spend a couple of hours each weekend going over my staff. My goal really is to purge as much as possible.

This afternoon a lady in my town was giving away a full set of ladies golf clubs, with a bag and a push cart for a 5ft tall lady. HELLO!!! That is me!! I was so excited and I asked the lady if I could have them. She gave them to me and DH went to pick them up. The lady had hardly used the clubs. The golf cart alone is about $200. I have no idea how much the clubs cost but I'm ready to learn to play golf! Retirement here I come! LOL

Tonight I did XT CBS w/u, STS Disc 16 Chest, Jessica Smith Hiit Cardio, Stretch. I went heavier than ever before which felt great.

Laurie, glad you had a great a time with your girlfriends! Great workouts!!

Laurel, I hope you've had a great time with your in-laws!

Tami, thinking of you and your family.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Hot weekend again. On Saturday I did GHUTV Power Yoga. Sunday was KCM RAW Tabata Weight Circuts & Body Design Weighted Kickboxing plus CTX Chest. We had two parties to go to that same day, so nice that they both had some trees to sit under for shade. This morning was GHUTV Barre Boxing 1, and this one was a sweat fest. It is really really humid here today.

Thelma, Awesome job with all the workouts. Very nice that you where able to enjoy an evening with your BIL & SIL. We saw a lot of people we haven't seen in quite a while at the graduation party we where at yesterday. I think it was good for my dh to see people that have retired from where he works, it made him less stressed about it. They just told him that he needs something to do while retired. Great job on the purging, you don't need to move excess items that for sure. Nice find on the golf clubs, that will be fun to learn. Does your DH golf?

Laurel and Tami, I hope that you both are doing well.

Have a great day,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did XT CBS w/u, STS Disc 16 Shoulders, Jessica Smith Hiit Cardio Blast, Stretch. I went heavier than ever before on the entire shoulder routine. I definitely have gained strength.

OMG, I locked myself out of my car as I was getting ready to leave work. I had the stupid idea of starting the car remotely while I had the passenger door open because it was super hot and humid. When I closed the door the car doors were locked with all my stuff inside! I couldn't even get back in the building because my key card was in the car. I had to walk around the building and I found someone who was leaving so I asked the lady to let me in. I called roadside assistance and they were there within 15 minutes. The guy had a hard time breaking into my car but eventually got the door open. I lucked out the service showed up so quickly because the lady on the phone told me I had a 40 minute wait period!
    When I got home DH wanted to talk about moving to GA and him taking the traveling job. I bet this job involves traveling 50% of the time. I want to support him in this move but this job scares me. I told DH that there were too many mechanical issues with airplanes these days. He doesn't read the news at all so he has no idea about these things. I guess I'll have to start forwarding him any news story related to commercial planes with mechanical issues.

Laurie, great workouts! The Barre Boxing workout sounds like a lot of fun! it's a good thing you those trees to protect you from the hot sun at both parties! Sounds like it really was good for your DH to see other retirees to help him ease his worries about his own retirement.

I really hope we can purge a lot of stuff. I am a bit of a pack rat so the fact that I'm thinking about purging is huge for me.
    I think it will fun to learn to play golf. DH does golf but hasn't in the last two years I think.

Hi Laura and Tami!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in my CTX Back workout after work. This morning was GHUTV Kettlebell Cardio, and sweat buckets again.

Thelma, Great job on the shoulder work, and taking to your heaviest yet! Glad to hear that the service was so fast getting there, that had to be an awful experience. I can understand your worry about the traveling in that job, it sure sounds like your DH is really ready to go for sure. Well now all you need to do is have some golf lessons, it sounds like a fun way for you both to have some fun.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Quick check-in. Today is my in-laws last day here. We have had a nice visit. Unfortunately the weather hasn’t been great (they are so ready to get back to the heat of Florida!), but it hasn’t stopped us from doing anything. We even got to see Denali (the mountain) all three days we were there, though just partially most of the time. Saw a grizzly bear and a moose, foxes and owls and such, so they got the Alaska experience. Even golfed yesterday with my FIL at America’s ‘northern most golf course’, which was good fun.

I also have managed to keep up with my workouts throughout, only taking Sunday off from doing something. So that has been nice. Makes me feel more ‘normal’.

More tomorrow but just wanted to say ‘hi’! Great job with the workouts, Ladies!

Laurel

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

I have been wanting to write in but just had so much going on with my visit to see my mom. I know you all understand but still were probably wondering what was happening.

I had such an amazing time being there with my mom and it was so hard to leave yesterday but I know I will go back soon (probably beginning of Sept). Her amazing bravery and grace standing up to this and her attitude makes it almost “better” and is helping me so much through this. She is coming from a place of pure acceptance and wanting to not waste on bit of energy on being angry/bitter, or the would of, could of, why or why not, why didn’t I do this or do that or any of that. She just wants to enjoy the time she has left laughing and accepting the love that her family is giving. She is still able to get up and down, in the shower and back down but she is of course in pain if it is not managed. She lays down most of the time and or propped up in her hospital bed but keeping her eating and pain managed is the key right now. I was able to meet her Hospice nurse while I was there and he was a great guy. Not quite sure how much she is grasping on or bonding with him just yet, I feel a little resistance from her in all of that. But hopefully after a couple more visits it will be easier for her to “cooperate”.

I was able to spend time with my Aunt & Uncle who came for a visit so we all just sat and laughed and cried a little but mostly laughter. Another couple from Portland who is like her "other daughter & son-in-law" through the strong bond they have were there a couple days too. We made some fun and amazing dinners to share in and just enjoyed the time and conversation. I helped out with just things that needed to be done at my sister's home, along with a nice mani/pedi for my mom. That was fun and my mom loved it.

My sister is very overwhelmed and really needs to start going back to work more. Currently she is trying to manage conference calls, phone calls, etc. from home but still has to go in even for a couple hours. Right now she can leave my mom for little spurts but while I was there she was able to go in a couple days for a little while longer. I told her she HAS to let all the people who have offered to help to start helping. She can’t do it all. Needless to say, it was super hard when they left and when I left yesterday it was a bawl fest for myself and my sister too. But my mom just said “I will see you soon …. You’re coming back soon and I will be right here” I know she can’t promise anything but it was so sweet to give me comfort in that. So for now it is day by day getting updates from my sister and I will go back as fast as I need to if something changes. Keeping her out of pain, nourished and rested and that’s all we can do.

I am desperately needing my workouts!!! So after a night’s sleep that wasn’t restless for the first time in a while I will go home after work today and get in a workout … cannot wait! I may just do this week with “whatever sounds good” and move forward from there. See where you ladies are at, etc. I will be checking back in with you ladies daily again which will feel nice as well.

Thank you all again for being here and being my pals. :)<3 I will talk to you all tomorrow. Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, STS Disc 16 Triceps, Jessica Smith 1 Power Mile, Stretching and once again I surprised myself for going heavier than I ever did before. Doing one body part at-a-time helps because your muscles are not fatigued from working other muscles in the same session.

Laurie, awesome workouts!!
    Thank God I locked myself out of the car when it was hot and not today when we had thunderstorms with torrential rains!
    DH continues with the idea of taking the traveling job. He had an informational phone interview tonight with the guy who wants to hire him. I was right when I said the job involved 50% travel. In my heart I know I have to support him no matter how scared about the travel part I am.

Welcome back, Tami! I am so glad you got to spend such special moments with your mom and other family members! Your mom is an amazing woman! What a wonderful attitude she has! Sounds like your mom got a good hospice nurse assigned to her. Hopefully, she'll feel comfortable with him once she sees him a few more times. I am sure it was very hard for you to have to go back home. Take care of yourself!

I hope your sister takes care of herself too because it sounds like she is really overwhelmed trying to do it all.

Hi Laurel, so glad you've had a good time with your in-laws. Too bad the weather wasn't the best for them but at least you had fun and they got to see all that wildlife!

I had no doubt in my mind that would find the time to get your workouts in! Great job!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did CTX Leaner Legs, and upped the weight. Talk about sore legs, but this morning I loosened them up by doing RAW Bands and Barre, so tackled almost every part of the lower body.

KCM's pre-sale is up for the Step Boxing and Sculpting RX workouts.

Laurel, Glad to hear that your in-laws got a taste of Alaska, and that you had a chance to go out golfing too.
    LOL about them wanting to get back to FL though. I'm sure they will enjoy their heat and humidity when they get home. Awesome job on keeping up with your workouts also.

Tami, Your mom is one tough cookie! I'm sure that she will be okay with her nurse after a while. Glad that you where able to visit with your family, it is always nice that you can laugh, cry and share memories. I hope that your sister realizes that she needs to let things go, she isn't super woman. But I'm sure that in some way, it is a coping mechanism for her. LOL about getting back into your workout regime. You will find something that will appeal to you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Slowly getting the house back to normal today. Unfortunately my in-laws flights going home have all been incredibly late, so they are still on an airplane right now. I feel so badly for them and will be on pins and needles until I know they have safely driven home from the airport. I worry about them after a 20 your trip navigating Orlando traffic. My FIL said after his trip up here (which went smoothly) that this would be his last trip on a plane......I cannot imagine this long trip home will have changed his mind!

Anyhow, for workouts today, I did STS Disc 19/Triceps and Cathe Live Old School Cardio and Kickboxing followed by core work from Cathe Live Rock Bottoms and Core. Since I managed to get most of my workouts in while my in-laws were here, I am about a week ahead on the rotation right now. But that is okay since I leave for Denver in a week. My current plan is to finish this week of Week 3 Meso 2 workouts, then next week do the Week 4 workouts as they are on the DVD (in other words, not doing one body part a day) since I only have three days, then repeat that the following week after I get home (when, again, I only have three days). And then I should be right back in sync with the rotation to start Body Beast. Or at least I hope.

Tami, so good to hear from you. I have been thinking about you so much. I am glad you enjoyed your time with your mom and family. No doubt leaving was so difficult, but I bet it helps to have a plan to go back already. I hope your sister starts accepting help. This is too much for one person to manage. The way you describe your mother and her acceptance of her situation reminds me so much of my mother. My mom showed me the true meaning of strength, that is for certain. Sounds like your mom is doing the same. I hope your mom warms up to her hospice nurse. No doubt part of you will be mentally in Los Angeles for the time being, but I imagine returning to work and workouts will help you feel ‘normal’. Do whatever feels good right now! Huge hugs!

Thelma, great workouts! Again, I am so glad you are enjoying doing STS like this....and enjoying the benefits! There were a couple of times last week when I was working out at your kind of time.....about 9:00pm, which is really late for me! I don’t know how you do it. Anyhow, knowing I only had a few sets of one muscle really allowed me to just do it. So glad we are doing this style of lifting this summer! I completely understand your concerns with your DH traveling so much, but it kind of sounds like he has his mind set. Hopefully if you both choose to go down this road, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.....and that his working that way is for a short period of time. DH and I were looking at homes yesterday in North Georgia. I can definitely see what drew you to that area. So many houses I saw had me thinking ‘Thelma would like that!’ :)

Laurie, great workout! Glad you were able to loosen up those legs, though. Thanks for the info on KCM’s pre-sale.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So I headed home last night after work and did Cathe’s PHA Training ….. naturally gravitate to that one and it felt so good to get a workout done. I am going to head home again tonight after work because DH is still gone fishing and Bernie is home alone; not as hot today but I would like to get to him sooner than later and an “at home” workout just sounds good.

Thelma: Great job with your workouts! It sounds like you are liking this new portion of the rotation. I haven’t read back far enough to see what you all are doing but from what I did read it sounds like you are all enjoying them. I will have to read back and/or look at my notes. I may just do something that I can do for now “shorter rotations” to keep me on track and know what I should do next but I am not sure. Will take the rest of the week to figure it out I guess.

Laurie: Hopefully the sore legs subside soon …. That is sometimes a good feeling unless they get worse before they get better. I saw your message about the pre-sale so I headed there and “purchased”. They sound great. You’re right, my mom is one tough cookie forsure. Definitely my sister’s coping mechanism is to be doing it all. She said Monday and Tuesday she took my advice and asked for help. So her assistant came over yesterday at one point and she said it felt great. She realized while I was there and my Aunt & Uncle she can’t go back to all herself. It is just too much.

Hi Laurel :)

Hope you ladies have a nice afternoon, talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. We're at the end of the sprint and I'm doing the sprint planning for my team. The info I needed to do the planning wasn't given to me until late this afternoon which means staying late because tomorrow is my Friday and I have a haircut at 4:30. I will get my workouts in tomorrow and Friday.

Laurie, great workouts! That Bands and Barre workout sounds fabulous! Is that one of KCM's paid workouts? thanks for letting us know about the presale!

Laurel, great job getting your workouts in and trying to get your house back to normal. I'm sorry your in-laws' flight was delayed. I hope they made it home safely. You must be so excited about your trip to Denver!

DH is really ready to go. I chose to support him in taking the traveling job today. I'll have to learn to live with my fears about him traveling and getting used to being home alone. We are going to have to install a serious alarm system in our new home! Last weekend a lady in my town was giving away an entire set of ladies golf clubs, a bag and, a push cart! She mentioned the clubs were for a 5 ft tall lady and I asked for the entire package. Now I'm ready to retire so I can learn to play golf! These clubs don't have any scratches so I doubt she got into the game.

So the traveling job is plan B. Plan A will be to see if his current employer allows him to work remotely. He works from home at least 3 days a week now so I would think there is a chance his boss will say yes to this plan.

It is hard working out at night for sure. I am really enjoying this summer rotation and intend to this idea for those critical times when I have to work long hours.
    How exciting that you were looking for homes in Northern Georgia. We are looking in Blue Ridge and Ellijay. Those are the happening towns in that area.

Tami, so glad you enjoyed your workout so much! I bet you had lots of work waiting for you. This short rotation is perfect for me given my work hours. It allows me to get strength and cardio in one workout. So perfect for my needs.

These are Laurel's notes on this STS rotation:
    Week 2 (hypertrophy)
    Sunday-STS Disc 13 Chest Only
    Monday-STS Disc 13 Shoulders Only
    Tuesday-STS Disc 13 Triceps Only
    Wednesday-STS Disc 14 Legs
    Thursday-STS Disc 15 Back Only
    Friday-STS Disc 15 Biceps Only
    Saturday-Yoga

From Laurel on 7/09/18 - My current plan is to do STS for four weeks then move on to the next phase which will still be one body part.....but I will be doing Body Beast Bulk. The way I am doing STS is using the three weeks 1 discs (discs 13-15) one week, then the week 2 discs (16-18) for the second week and so on, which will give us a full Meso 2 rotation, but doing it one body part at a time.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My DH is taking my FIL to the hospital this morning, he was with both of them yesterday for his dad's dr. visit. That lasted over 3 hours. Poor guy. Anyway the dr. called last night and informed my MIL that dad had to go into the hospital because he is seriously anemic. I may have to leave work today if my MIL needs a ride home. After work I did get in CTX Shoulders. This morning was KCM RAW Kettlebells and Dumbbells and the Abs from Pure Strength Back. We will be hopefully leaving tomorrow morning to head up north to visit with my family, but we will see how things are going with DH's parents.

Laurel, Great job with your workouts! Dang on the long flight that your in-laws had ahead of them, I hope everything goes well. I can understand how tired he probably was with traveling. You have a solid plan for you upcoming vacation. We will be going on vacation soon also, so will be packing a few things that I can do in the comfort of our room if need be.

Tami, Glad you where able to get in a workout that you enjoyed. I'm glad that I was able to help you spend some $$. :D So happy to hear that your sister listened to you, and was able to let someone else help her at this time. I'm sure her anxiety was at an all time high before that.

Thelma, Dang on the last minute sprint! ;) I really enjoyed the KCM workout, and yes that one is only on her paid Vimeo. She now has about 28 workouts on that channel, and they have been very good. I'm glad that I subscribed. I'm sure that you and your DH will work out the job situation. Enjoy your hair appointment and your day off.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie