Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in CTX Biceps, and this morning was a fun one Kelly's RAW Weight Circuit #1. You do use weights, but they where only 7lbs. Good low impact type metabolic workout.

Tami, Love the workout, I don't know if I have tried out the abs on those workouts yet. Another one to pencil into the rotation. :D Being busy at work isn't so bad, you don't realize how fast the time flies by though. I usually miss eating until late in the afternoon because of it. I'm hoping that we don't have to many issues with the in-laws while we are on vacation, because we just can't drop everything and head home. We are hauling DH's car out to the meet in PA. I'm sure his dad is just afraid of what to expect at the facility, they treated my MIL well so if he doesn't cause trouble, his experience should be fine. I really enjoy the RAW workouts, and the combos she comes up with. She let us know that she has some RAW workouts scheduled with some of her background exercisers. Kelly has mentioned that she is really enjoying doing these workouts.

Thelma, I'm sorry to hear that you where dealing with all that after your hair color. You must have had some type of fever, even if it was low grade. I'm going to be looking for a new stability ball. I think I need one size up from the small one, but not the huge one that I have. :D Thanks for the info on weather you had the Bosu, I though I remember you having some type of stability item. I'm still planning on getting one, but will have to pick one that is good but not to expensive.

Erika, Glad that you where able to check in. Sorry to hear that you have been so busy, and it will not improve. Dang on not finding the workouts that appeal to you. I think that we all go through that, and I'm sure it doesn't help when you have work overload. We have had some walnuts fall from out tree, and it just reminded me that we don't have that much summer left. Will have to push that out of my mind for a while. :D I'm sure that you will be getting the boys ready for school shortly, it really does seem that they do advertising for supplies a lot sooner than normal.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend! We had another busy one getting rid of stuff which was great. My scalp is doing better thank God!

On Friday I did STS Disc 21, stretching. On Saturday Jessica Smith Kickboxing Ballet Body Sculpt, low impact cardio.
    Tonight I did STS Meso 2 Disc 22 Chest, FitSplit Boxing Bootcamp, Stretching. I went heavier on weights than I did before which is great. I can't imagine doing the full workout! Yikes!

Hi Erika, great to hear from you! Glad you and your family are doing well! Sorry work is so busy. I can totally feel your pain!
    Excited about getting closer to retirement. I won't believe it till it happens though. DH really wants to move and start the new job. My preference is for him to stay with his current employer if allowed to work remotely. The frequent flying worries me a lot!

Laurie, great workouts!
    Let me know when you buy the Bosu. I've always wanted one but just couldn't justify the price. I hope you get the right size stability ball because it will make a huge difference.

Hi Tami and Laurel!!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Friday I got in CTX Triceps after work. Saturday was Buff Body Yoga 3 from GHUTV, and Sunday was CTX Chest followed by GHUTV Lengthen & Strengthen 2. We will be leaving tomorrow morning for our vacation, so getting as much done today at work as possible.

Thelma, I'm glad to hear that your scalp is better, that can't be fun dealing with that. I know that since DH has been using the shampoo that dd got for him, I have not heard him scratching his head like he used to. Awesome job on the workouts, it looks like you got some good weight in. Doing these one body parts and lifting heavier than usual really has been an interesting experience. I will let you know on what I purchase for the bosu, I really want to try it our for planks.

Have a great day, don't know how often I will be on line this week. We will be super busy.

Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Tonight I did STS Disc 22 Shoulders, Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit, Stretching. I hurt my left knee at work this morning so I had to baby it and massage my thigh big time tonight. I somehow twisted my knee. I think my feet went in a different direction than my left knee. It really felt like my feet were moving straight ahead but my left knee went left. This caused a muscle imbalance so I knew a deep massage was in order. I did that after my workout and after my shower I applied heat. It feels better thankfully!

Laurie, great workouts! I hope you guys have a wonderful vacation! I am loving doing the one body part workouts! I can't even begin to imagine doing a full STS workout any time soon!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ You know my repeated story of the busy bees we are at work! LOL With it being a Monday and end of the month it is just flat busy. I did go in on Sunday and worked 4.5 hours; typed up 25 reports (which is A LOT) but it was great that we were caught up for our Monday a.m. and then they all came back of course to send out but it’s great since every title officer had come in over the 2 days. Plus the OT is wonderful, especially having to buy plane tickets to see my mom, really helps.

The weekend was pretty nice, quiet without DH of course but Bernie came with me to work Sun. I did meet up with my BFF on Sat for a movie (Book Club, loved it) and then we went to dinner. Workouts were: Fit|Split Cardio + Push on Friday evening, then on Saturday no workout and Lift It Hiit It Legs and yesterday after work I did Fit|Split Mixed Impact Cardio + Pull. Currently I am just doing a rotation/combo of RWH workouts and F|S workouts + days I feel like a total body I will put those in as well. It’s hard to plan to join in with you all without knowing forsure when I am leaving next. Still planning on beginning of September but never know. Maybe in the next phase of your rotation(s) I will join back in. Will that be soon or do you have a few more weeks in this part?

Laurie: Great job with your workouts and the fun variety you are putting togetherl! They truly do sound great. I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time on vacation ….. hopefully your in-laws are on a steady path right now so you don’t have to worry.

Thelma: Excellent combo of workouts as well for you over the weekend! More purging too, that is so good. Glad to hear your scalp is simmered down and doing better. I’m with you and Laurie on the Bosu, would love to have one but for me it is one more piece of equipment and one more DVD to perhaps be looking into. LOL I am glad you are enjoying the one body part workouts still. For me right now I feel like I need to do a variety and hit the total body as much as possible. Things just feel so up in the air it is just what sounds good right now. Hopefully when I go back to my sisters again she will have moved her Peloton so I can get on that while I am there. Exercise is helping a lot.

Hi Laurel ~ hope you are having a great time with your sisters! :)

Talk to you ladies tomorrow – Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, spinning, STS Disc 22 Triceps, Jessica Smith Calorie Crushing Cardio, Stretching. It was a great workout!

Tami, awesome job getting those workouts in! You guys are really busy at work. I bet the OT makes it less painful!
    How is your mom doing?

Another reason why I've not purchased a Bosu is that I couldn't find good workout DVD's to go with it. I'm not good at using a tool like that without a workout DVD.

This is the 4th and last week of the STS one body part rotation. In the next rotation is BB!!!

Week 3 (strength)
    Sunday-Body Beast Bulk Chest
    Monday-Bulk Back
    Tuesday-Bulk Legs
    Wednesday-Bulk Shoulders
    Thursday-Bulk Arms
    Friday-Lower Body workout of choice
    Saturday-yoga

I think right now you need to do what feels good to you Tami. Don't worry about the rotation.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Back home after a great visit with my sisters. We really had a good time together. Lots of laughter, which is always a fantastic way to spend a week. The weather in Denver was cooler than it has been, but it was in the 80s, so it felt great to me. And, to top it all off, all my flights were on time! That is always a good thing. :)

I got in some form of workout every day except the day I travelled to Denver. And this was despite the fact the hotel gym was not very adequate, so I didn’t use it. Instead, I did my usual workouts in the hotel room, and they were mostly cardio from Cathe Live. I did a Cathe Live Band and Bodyweight Travel workout one day, though, which was such a better workout than Travel Fit. It was done in Bootcamp style, so much more cardio intensive. I have been wanting to try this Live workout since Cathe is filming a body weight and band workout in her new series, and if the DVD is like the Live workout, we are in for a treat. :) I also managed to get a good workout in after I got home yesterday, despite the fact I was exhausted. But after falling asleep before 9:00pm last night and sleeping through DHs alarm this morning :o , I was ready to get back to the last week of STS. So today I did STS Disc 22/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. For cardio, I did F/S Mixed Impact Cardio into Cathe Live Mixed Impact HiiT and Core.

Tami, sounds like a busy time at work. Glad you got to spend time with your BFF this weekend, though, despite having to work as well. Glad you enjoyed the movie. My sisters and I were talking about seeing that one, but we opted for Mamma Mia because my nieces and BIL wanted to see that one as well. It was fun. Great job with your workouts, as always. I completely understand your unsettled feeling right now, not knowing for sure when you will be headed back to Los Angeles. As Thelma said, we are starting four weeks of Body Beast Bulk next week, so if that sounds good, please join us! If it doesn’t, keep doing what works for you right now.

Thelma, I am so glad to hear your scalp is better after the hair coloring! That sounds like no fun. Glad to hear your knee wasn’t badly hurt as well. Great job with the workouts! Thank you for posting the order of next month’s workouts. I know I had it written down somewhere, but when I looked this morning, it was nowhere to be found. So that helps a lot.

Erika, thanks for checking in! Sounds like a busy time for you right now. With all that going on, it is no wonder workouts aren’t sounding very good at the moment! No doubt after a little break something will sound appealing again. I definitely go through stages where no workout sounds good, that’s for sure.

Laurie, hope you are enjoying your trip and all is well this week with your in-laws.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So last night I went home and did 21DFX Xtreme Dirty 30, which is always fun for me and followed it up with abwork. I had been on the phone with DH and then my mom so I didn’t have as much time as I had planned. Plus again, whatever sounds good kind of changes my plan. Next week DH will be home so it should be a little more normal for hitting the gym a couple times and my home workouts. I am going to think about joining you guys in Body Beast next week. Tonight I am going to workout when I get home (again due to the heat I like to get home to let poor Bernie in).

Thelma: Great job with your STS Triceps and JS Calorie Crushing Cardio, love the name of that! Yes, we are crazy busy as usual and I keep saying and thinking, be careful about what you wish for everyone, just hang in there! It will shift one day and we will be disappointed. Plenty of staff in place now, just still behind with certain things.

Thank you for asking about my mom. She is of course just hanging in there. The fatigue and appetite are so low on the scale it is frightening but she does the best she can each day. She talked to me last night and told me she was feeling great and had a good day; then I found out from my sister she slept most of the day and hardly ate anything. So as a “mom” she is trying to protect me or maybe in that moment she did feel she had a good day. Her other brother will be there tomorrow and a good friend that was there when I was there is coming back this weekend so visitors is something she really enjoys. I am glad. I continue to make her special cards that I send in batches. My sister and her pull one out of the stack daily to read together. I guess she absolutely loves them so I will continue to do that. If she can have a little bit of me in the mix since I can’t be there and they bring her joy I love to make them and send. Thank you for posting what’s next. I will probably join you guys for as long as I can and if I veer off just doing what I can will be my M.O. for a while.

Laurel: That is fantastic you had such a great time on your trip with your sisters! So fun that you were able to laugh a lot and enjoy your time. I am not a bit surprised you were able to workout every day. That sounds pretty exciting to hear that Band & Bodyweight workout was so good! Can’t wait for those new ones. I always get a new inspiration when trying out new workouts! Eventhough some I have should seem new since it has been so long. LOL Thank you for the encouragement on joining you guys or not. Such a strange place to be in right now, as you know and understand. <3

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. This morning while I was getting ready for work I felt a pull on the right side of my back and every time I moved the pain took my breath away. I could not turn to the left because the right side would hurt. I tried stretching during the day but that was not helping. This is the second time this week I injure myself in some kind of a twisting motion.

I left work at 4pm which is way early for me these days. DH couldn't believe I was home early. I took an Aleve this morning but it didn't help. All I could think of was getting home to use the heating pad. I actually slept for almost 2 hours things are a little better so I hope in the morning I will be close to normal.

Tomorrow is my Friday! Yaay! We are planning to attack the coat closet on Friday. My wedding gown was stored in that closet 10 years ago when we moved here. It is going to be given away as well as all the coats I no longer use. If we can be done with the purging in November I can start packing in December and we will be ready to go whenever! LOL
    My BIL and his wife will be here on Saturday. We've not had our monthly get-togethers in a long time.

I'm glad you ladies found my post on the next phase of the rotation helpful! If I didn't save that info I would never remember it.

Laurel, welcome back! I am so glad you had such a great time with your sisters and that you managed to get your workouts in!
    I'm happy my scalp is better too. That was scary! I'm trying to embrace going gray by not thinking about it! LOL

Tami, great job with your workouts.
    I'm glad you're able to talk to your mom over the phone and what a wonderful idea to make her special cards for her to read with your sister. That is very special Tami! How sweet of your mom to try to protect you by telling you she's had a good day. So sweet of her.
    Is your mom's doggy at your sister's house too? I hope your mom still enjoys spending a time with her dog. Animals can be so comforting.

Don't worry about following the rotation now Tami. What is important is that you are continuing to exercise. Do what feels right.

Laurie, I hope you're having a great time. Our wedding anniversary is next month and we'll be doing a long weekend in VT. Can't wait!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 23/Legs, followed by Cathe Live Rhythm Ride. I am finding I love doing spinning after a leg workout, so I think this will be my pattern for awhile. I suppose I like it because my legs are warmed up completely....and I am not suffering from DOMS quite yet. B) Though I do wonder how this will feel after Bulk Legs. :o

Tami, sounds like a good workout. I love that you are making your mom cards like that! How special for both of you. My mom tried to protect us as well, but I learned along the way that her definition of a ‘good’ day may not have been what I would think it to be. In many ways, I think it was more about how her mind felt than anything. Does that make sense? Join in with Body Beast when you want. If nothing else, Sagi is good for a smile or two. :)

Thelma, sorry to hear about the injury! It sounds like your body is telling you to take a bit of a break right now. I hope you are feeling better today. Wow, it sure sounds like you are making huge progress on moving right now!! I love that you have a plan in place so you will be ready to go when you want to go. Maybe I should consider doing the same!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Headed home last night and did Fit Split Legs + KCM Tabata Lower Body, which as I always say is a great combo together.

Thelma: I am sorry to hear about your right side hurting, hopefully with some rest and stretching you can ease the pain there a bit. I think Laurel is right, some rest might just be what your back is looking for. Fingers crossed it is better today. Thank you for the kudos on my workouts and for your ongoing support. Appreciate it SO much. Yes, my mom’s dog is at my sisters house and has become a part of the family. Her 2 dogs that were new to them as well in January (when I was there) they had adopted and the 3 of them get along great. Yes, all 3 of the dogs lay with my mom daily and Lizzie the oldest of the 3 kind of protects my mom and lays right on her lap. Super sweet to see them all with her. She tells me she feels like they are all providing her with lots of love and comfort forsure.

Laurel: Excellent job with your leg workout followed by your Spinning! I am looking forward to be able to go back to spin next week since DH will be home. Thank you for that on the cards, it has been super special to hear about how much she loves them and how she picks one out of the stack each am. With my sister and nephew. Then they sometimes cry or laugh and put it up on a bulletin board with the rest of them. Funny how you say in your moms mind that’s how she felt. My sister just explained that to me last night when we talked …. I said, why does she tell me she is “great” and her appetite is good and it is the complete opposite. She said, she isn’t lying necessarily because in that moment she is talking to you she does feel good and that is what she knows right then. Sad, but having her tell me that way makes me understand. So yes, I get what you are saying

Have a great night ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my back is better but not back to normal yet. So today I only did a Jessica Smith walking workout because I was afraid to hurt my back again. Thanks for the get well wishes ladies!

Laurel, fabulous combo! I am trying to get back o using the spinning bike. I tried it for 5 minutes during the warm-up and I was winded! LOL. It is definitely a different kind of cardio.
    I am loving the fact that I am in purging mode which is quite unusual for me. I want to get rid of a lot all the unnecessary things we have. So far is mostly books, shoes, clothes. We won't know about furniture until we buy a house. There is a possibility that the house we decide to find is being sold furnished; which is very common in GA if the house was in a rental program. If the house is unfurnished, then our furniture will work just fine.

Tami, great workout combo!! I am so glad to read that the doggies are keeping your mother company and providing her with lots of love and comfort. That is the sweetest thing! How wonderful too that all the dogs get along so well! I think what Laurel said about measuring your mom's quality of life by how her mind feels makes a lot of sense.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 24/Back and Biceps followed by the core work from Flex Train. For cardio, I did Party Rockin’ Step 2–73 minute premix. Good fun.

Tami, sounds like another great workout. I am definitely planning on revisiting that F/S Lower Body workout during this next month when we have a ‘free’ lower body day each week. It packs a punch for being short in time. My mom’s good days were often defined by what visitors she had that day. And sometimes a good day was based on something like what book she was reading or if she had ice cream with dinner. :) She made me appreciate all the little blessings of every day that so often go overlooked because it was those blessings she focused on. Sounds like your mom is the same. I think moms could have been great friends.

Thelma, I am glad your back is feeling better and that you didn’t push your workout. All this ‘purging’ of stuff is probably a little harder on your body than maybe you are realizing. But I am glad you are enjoying it!! DH and I were talking last night and this morning and we both are thinking it is time to seriously consider the ‘what is next’ question. He is definitely pushing for taking a trip down south soon.....and possibly buying something at that time. We will see, but the idea both excites and scares me. I have no doubt you can relate!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Have a great weekend ladies! No workout last night but headed home tonight to get one in and then over the weekend too! I will talk to you both on Monday. :)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a nice one thankfully. I had to continue babying my back all weekend but today I finally said enough! I still feel a little bit of the injury but it's definitely better. Needless to say, I missed the last few STS workouts.

On Friday I did Jessica Smith low impact work and a lot of stretching. On Saturday I discovered a JS workout called Strength and Stride which used weights. Today I did XT Legs w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Jessica Smith Power Walk, Stretching. I lifted higher than I've lifted before and it felt great. I had to put the DVD on pause so I could go at a slower pace in order to lift heavier. It felt great! I went with legs because it was the longest of the Bulk series and I wanted to get that out of the way.

My BIL and his wife were here on Saturday and we spent a nice day together. DH finally told his brother that we will be moving to GA next year. DH handled it in a very nice way. He told his brother while they were alone in the kitchen and then they joined us in the dining room and told us what they'd talked about. DH said telling his brother was harder than he thought it was going to be. I also did more purging. The coat closet is done and I even did a small batch of clothes from the attic.

We may cancel our anniversary trip to VT and will go to GA instead to look at some houses. I am just waiting for the pet sitter to get back to me to see if she can feed our babies. We think our house can go up for sale April 1st. We need to have a house before April in case our current house sells quickly. We will also take a trip down in December and hopefully will buy something then.
    This is so surreal. I can't believe we're going to make this gutsy move!

Laurel, awesome workouts! I am so glad you guys are talking about taking a trip down south! The what's next question phase can be very emotional because you go back and forth between different ideas. It really is scary. I can totally relate! At least you have more moving experience under your belt. The last time we moved was 10 years ago! BTW, how do you pack dishes?

Hi Tami and Laurie!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a bit of a cool, wet weekend here. DH had to work on Saturday, and because of the forecast for rain and wind much of the week, I decided (very late in the day) to take care of all the lawn work. Glad I got it done, but it just doesn’t get any easier. And, of course, because I opted to do it late in the day, I had already done a workout and housework. So I was a little tired Saturday night.

Because I feel my workout schedule has been a mess all summer, I did choose to do a light cardio workout on Saturday along with yoga. I did Turbo Fire 60 followed by Bob Harper’s Yoga for the Warrior. Yesterday was Bulk Chest followed by Cathe Live Power Step. Today was Bulk Back followed by Cross Fire Extreme premix. I am already feeling these Bulk workouts! They are so tough.

Thelma, glad to hear you continue to heal and that you felt good enough to do Bulk Legs! Great job with all the workouts this weekend. I am sure telling your BIL was difficult for your DH. I hope he took the news well. Sounds like you have a plan in place now.....with dates and everything! So exciting, but I am sure it is also nerve wracking. DH and I spent a lot of time this weekend talking the ‘what’s next’ question, but came to no conclusions. But we know we need to start making some decisions this fall/winter or else we will be in a position where we may need to stay here longer. And I still want to leave before winter 2019 hits, that’s for certain. Regarding packing dishes, when we moved to Florida (when we moved ourselves), we went to u-Haul and bought their dish pack boxes and their wrapping paper (not the kind you wrap presents with, but huge bundles of large pieces of white paper). Professional movers use three pieces of paper for kitchen stuff, so, for instance, I would stack four plates together with a sheet or two in between the plates and then wrap those four plates in three pieces of paper. Obviously when filling the boxes, the heavy stuff (like plates) should go on the bottom and lighter stuff up top. I also put a paper ‘filler’ in between layers in the box. You will want the box filled tightly....but not too tightly. And definitely label it ‘Fragile’ and ‘Dishes’ so the movers will know it is both heavy and delicate when they load the truck. Does any of this make sense? I had no idea it was this hard to describe packing!! Or maybe I am just horrible at describing it. So please ask any more questions you have.....and I will keep trying to make it make sense. :)

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

Laurie, hope the trip is going well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Friday I headed home and did S90 Cardio Challenge! Wow, it had been a long time on this one, but really fun and just what I needed in a workout! I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday felt like a long day to me; probably because it was just Bernie and I all day. I didn’t workout but I did get the house vacuumed and cleaned up, finished my small load of laundry and ran a few errands and loaded up some stuff to take to GoodWill. I didn’t keep quite as busy as I have been on the weekends (didn’t go into work I guess was a huge difference) and so the “sads” kind of tried catching up to me. Randomly broke into tears talking to my neighbor even . . . yikes. But he was great and just kept visiting while I collected myself.

Luckily yesterday I snapped out of it and got in my workout. I wanted to join you ladies in BB Workouts but decided since we might go on the 23rd of this month and not knowing forsure I would just continue, doing what sounds good. So I went with another oldie but a goodie which was Athletic Training from Cathe’s Low Impact Series. This week I am going to mix in some of those with some of the Strong & Sweaty Series. Who knows, tomorrow or next week could change my mind again and join you ladies. I feel like as long as I am working out and sticking with something I am enjoying than I am doing ok.

DH arrived home around 4:30 so it was great to see him and we had dinner together and were able to visit in person. Talked to my mom yesterday (only for a few minutes) and her visit with her other brother was a huge success. He was able to visit with her and they cried a lot and laughed a lot. He even took a nap on the couch next to her while she was sleeping. I am sure the emotions of it all had him exhausted. My nephews had a ball with him and the youngest especially. All in all she had a rough week last week and my sister told me this a.m. was the best she has been in a week, so that was nice to hear. Crazy how fast it can change in either direction. Still quite a bit of the “head in the clouds” when we talk and it can only be brief really because she gets tired. Then she will say to my sister ….. "I loved talking to Tam, she sounds great". Awwwww, I’ll take it. I am trying to be positive and not sad sounding when I speak with her.

Since DH is home I am actually headed to BootCamp tonight! It will be fun to see my gym pals again and Katy too. She was told what’s been “up” with me between my mom and having to head home to let Bernie in. so I am sure she will not be too hard on me. I hope. LOL

Thelma: How exciting for you two! I am sure it is beyond surreal in your mind that you are actually looking to move. When it all comes together it will be so fun. It’s always the point A to point B that causes the “anx” a bit but I know it will all work out beautifully for you guys. Fantastic job with your workouts over the weekend! I am happy to hear your back is better. Congrats on pushing your legs with more weight, I bet it did feel good.

Laurel: Fabulous job with your workouts as always! Love that you did a TF workout along with Bob’s Yoga! Yay. I’m sorry to hear your weather is rainy and windy . . . never a fun combo. We had a small reprieve from the heat and now it is back on again this week. Beautiful sunshine but supposed to be 100+ on Wed an Thurs. I’m trying to pack in a lot in my workouts right now, which is kind of why the more Metabolic/Total Body are sounding good. Love the sounds of BB too but again, just doing what keeps me going.

Hope you both have a great afternoon/evening! Talk to you tomorrow. . . . Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was Fit Split Boxing BC w/u, BB Bulk Back, Treadmill, Stretching. OMG, I game myself nice DOMS with the leg workout on Sunday. My inner thighs and glutes spoke to me whenever I walked! LOL
    My back is definitely back to normal.

Our pet sitter is available to do the extra feedings we need in September for the GA trip. I will be canceling our VT B&B reservation and will book a hotel and flights. I also need to find a new realtor and I've selected one so I hope she works out. Now that we know better about the type of house we want we only have 2 houses that are good candidates for our retirement home. We also want to visit a construction company that builds a style of house we also like. That means buying land which is not as simple as it seems it should be. We'd want to make sure utility access is ready in the area. I have about 5 houses that may want to see just out of curiosity.
    I've been watching a show called RV living and I would love to own some kind of RV someday given that there is so much to see in GA, NC, TN. So it occurred to me that when the time comes to move, we could rent an RV so the move is not too traumatizing for our fur babies. DH actually liked the idea. This is something else I need to research.
    Laurel, I think it's good that you have a target moving date. You know it has to be before winter 2019 starts.

Laurel, great workout combo! You must have been seriously exhausted on Saturday after mowing the lawn with that push mower!
    My BIL took the news very well. It's not like he didn't know we would move out of MA someday. Thanks for explaining how to pack dishes. We have a couple of dish boxes we got from a new neighbor in town. We've also collected the packing paper the newbies in town give away. This is the reason why I feel that we can start packing dishes now! LOL. We definitely will label the boxes fragile and dishes! I label all my boxes so I know what's in there. When we moved here I even had the room the box should be dropped off in! This instruction wasn't always followed through.

Tami, great job listening to your body on the type of workout you should do. Glad you were able to spend time with your DH! I can imagine how hard it was to allow yourself some downtime because the sads kicked in. It's OK to cry Tami and you should allow yourself to do it. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is talking to your mom on the phone without sounding sad!
    So glad your mom got to spend quality time with her brother and enjoys your phone conversations.

I hope the move to G1A workouts out for us. I would hate to buy a house there just to realize that maybe that wasn't the right place.
    Pushing myself on the leg workout felt really good an even better knowing that I gave myself DOMS!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm back from vacation. We had a great time, and for a first time hauling our car with a trailer, we did really well. It was wet and muddy, but we where able to go to the museum and went to cemetery hill where the union solders are buried. Have to get back to work, just way to many e-mails to deal with. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Bulk Shoulders followed by a fun cardio combo of F/S Boxing Bootcamp (cardio only) into Cathe Live Jabs and Abs.

Tami, with regard to your workouts, just go with what feels good. I have been trying to remember what I was doing when I was going through my similar time two years ago......and I have no clue. And, honestly, I don’t have the heart to pull out my workout calendar from 2016 to check. So, in other words, what workouts you are doing right now won’t matter down the road. Like you said, that you are doing something—anything—is such a positive. I am so sorry to hear about your day on Saturday, but don’t feel badly about it. No matter how you twist and turn it, and no matter whether you put on a ‘brave’ face or not.....no question your heart is breaking right now. There is no denying it, and no reason to deny it. I just wish I could give you a hug!! But I am glad your mom enjoyed her visit with her brother. I bet those were some special moments for both of them.

Thelma, great workout! So glad to hear your back is back to normal. I will be so anxious to hear the results of your trip in September!! Again, it sounds like you have a really good plan going into it. One of the questions DH and I are struggling with is the whole buying land and building vs buying an already built home on land. I think, in the end, the latter option will win out, but, in our hearts, our preference is to buy land and build. But in doing that, the logistics become difficult, and that is probably why we won’t go that way. Fingers and toes crossed, though, that you find the answers you are hoping for during this next trip!

Laurie, welcome back!! Glad you had a good trip and no problem with the trailer.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel