Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in Burn Sets Triceps, so that concludes the weight work for this week. ;) This morning was Kelly's Kickboxing workout 1 and Core/Abs Premix. Didn't realize that I have not done a solid kickboxing workout in a while, that is unusual for me.

DH and his Mom filled out all the paperwork last night, he was with her for 3 hours. Now the process of downsizing for her begins. This morning he said that she wanted to have 4 dressers. WHAT! No one has that many clothes do they? She also wants to keep all her file cabinets. She keeps everything for 7 years, and I mean everything inside the envelope. :o So she has a lot of junk in these cabinets. She just gave DH the information about his birth, he is adopted. It was a closed adoption, so he has limited information. It was informative to learn that he was so tiny when he was born, he was under 6lbs.

Laurel, It can be so frustrating when you don't know what type of workout you want to do. I think we can all relate to that situation. You are probably right in thinking that anything that you would have chosen wouldn't have been what you wanted to do. Great job on the workout though, to bad the core work was soooo long though. The one I did this morning was 14 min. so wasn't to bad. I think you are a very wise woman in letting your DH work through all the scenarios for job prospects. It sounds like he is doing the thinking out loud at 5am. :D

Thelma, Glad to hear that you didn't catch a bug from your co-worker. Sorry to hear that your DH had a tough day at work, at least you where their to hear his concerns. I'm sure that he wants to move on from his job out of pure frustration. I share your concern for all the accumulated items in 15 years, ours is 30 years of stuff starting on Monday. Now we have to deal with all of his parents stuff too. DH said that he will only allow 1 truck load, and it has to be his truck, not a moving truck. :D She wants the three granddaughters to pick items that they would like to have, so that means only our youngest would have items at our house. A lot of their things will have to be sold, I don't want anything. DH said that he wanted a table that was his great grandmothers. I can understand that, but nothing else! :D Apparently his mom wants to be out of her condo by Christmas.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Woke up to yet another rainy day and feeling so low energy. Didn’t help that DH and I were up late talking move....and, of course, that had me awake all night thinking move. :o But I managed to get a good workout in despite all that. I started with Cathe’s live class from yesterday, which was Fit Legs. This was a very rapidly-paced workout of four sets of tri-sets, each repeated twice. It really kept my heart rate up throughout. I thought about going right into cardio directly because of that, but my legs really wanted a break since I had planned a pretty tough cardio today. So after my break I did a 20 minute HiiT session from one of the Live workouts into Cathe’s 200th Live episode, which is just rapid-fire killer. I love this workout because there is, almost literally, no time to consider being tired. So.....good stuff. Now if the rain would just clear out and take my sinus headache with it, all would be well. :p

Thelma, sounds like we had similar evenings last night with the move talk. I think you are being wise in not rushing the process. Hopefully these next six months just fly by and leave you 100 percent prepared for this transition. When we have travelled like you will be doing, we have pushed near 800 miles in a day, but that is not driving an RV or having pets! When we were moving with the u-Haul, I think we tried to keep the days under 600 miles, which still made for some very long days. I always map out everything on our trips, so I have an idea where we can eat lunch and dinner and such along the way....and sometimes breakfast too if we were trying to leave before dawn (which we have done to make sure we get through big cities during non-peak times). No question.....I am an over-planner, but it is nice rolling into a strange town after a long day of driving and at least having some idea where the next meal will come from. :)

Laurie, great workouts! Bet the kickboxing felt great!! I am glad to hear the paperwork has been signed for you in-laws. But the clearing out part is hard. We did it in my mom’s house after she moved out, and that was still tough. I think it would have been so much worse to do while she was there.....because some tough decisions have to be made. Thankfully my mom had been clearing stuff out for a few years before that point too. Four dressers??!?? Goodness me that’s a lot! And all that paperwork too! Sounds like a challenge for certain.

Tami, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry for the later check in. Wednesday eve Spin was a good one, not “Katy Style” but still good. I’m not complaining at all about any workout I fit in since it seems to be a slow go this week. No workout yesterday or today (yet) but planning on getting in a good Total Body workout tomorrow and making a plan for Sunday thru the rest of the week.

Just to let you all know …. DH had his follow up CT scan from January and the “abnormal” view they were seeing as far as a fat pad in the bottom of his lung and/or the unknown of what it was exactly is basically what they have determined as a little bit of damage from when he worked in the woods all those years and breathed in so much dust, gas fumes/oil fumes from machinery. YIKES. But the Dr. said they will do another baseline check in a year and if nothing has changed he is good to go. They would have never seen any of these images had he not had pneumonia, so this was GREAT news! He was SO nervous something would be wrong, especially after my mom’s diagnosis. So that was good. The Dr did say {again} to get some exercise. "It will do your lungs and your body good he said". So we will see ….. “To Be Continued on that front” LOL

Thelma: Hopefully that cold or bug you thought you were getting the other day doesn’t develop into anything. Congrats on the Mortgage pre-approval!!!! Things are moving forward, that’s so great.

Laurie: Great job with your workouts! The AMRAPS sounds great. That is a style that Katy uses sometimes in our BootCamp class. That is good news about the new facility and it being close to your BIL. Glad Uncle Bob will be ok; neck brace and recovery I am sure will be not so fun but glad he is ok. Sounds like you enjoyed today’s workout with KCM as well as the Burn Sets Tri’s last night.

Laurel: Fabulous workouts!! Your working out in circles reminds me of when I cannot decide on a workout and I plug one in, take it out, plug a different one in then another . It is exactly like a wave …. It just comes on out of nowhere and your hit with the pain/feeling and then it leaves shortly after. Feels so good to have you understand 100-million%. Along with the craving of normalcy, routine and security. I am hoping next week feels a little better and I am able to get out of bed easier in the a.m. I really need the endorphins of my workouts!!! Hawaii sounds like such a dream. I cannot wait to hear all about your trip. That will be so fun.

Have a great weekend! DH and I are going furniture "looking/shopping" this weekend and out to lunch. Should be fun. Just some quality time together as well. He will be leaving in just a few weeks for his fishing time. Can't believe it is that time already.

Talk to you all on Monday ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend! Our weekend was spent getting rid of things. I actually found our wedding pictures up in the attic, our invitations, church program! I even had our honeymoon boarding passes! I thought I had our pictures in a bookcase in my office. I made a big dent this weekend again. DH even told me he was proud of me because I was working so hard in getting rid of things. I just want to get rid of as much as possible.

It really sounds more and more like DH is going to take the new job. I think his future boss is going to try to lure him into working for him soon. DH thinks he's going to ask him to go on a business trip with him this fall. If he gives DH a non-traveling job then I'm all for it.

On Friday I did BB Back, cardio. On Saturday JS Yoga Fusion and today XT Legs w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Jessica Smith Power Walk, Stretching. This is the last week of BB Bulk!

Laurie, awesome workouts!!! So glad your DH and his mom filled out the paperwork! You just cracked me up with your question about people having that many clothes! Hello!!! Meeee! LOL. I must be related to your MIL!!! I had crap like that. Now we are shredding tons of old papers. Thank God DH does our finances so I no longer keep anything.
    Did you know your DH was adopted? Glad his mom gave him the information about his birth. He was tiny!!!

You are right about DH wanting to move to his new job out of frustration. My job is to make sure we don't make decisions based on our emotions.
    Happy 30th anniversary Laurie!! OMG, it's going to be quite an undertaking to go through your in-laws' belongings. I'm glad she wants the granddaughters to pick the items they want. I don't see how your MIL is going to be out of the condo if she has so much stuff to go through. She better get going with the purging process.
    I hope you have a place for the table your DH wants.

Laurel, great job getting your workout in even though you didn't sleep well!!

Sounds like you will be moving tooo!!! Decisions, decisions! We hope the next 6 months will go by quickly. DH keeps saying these are going to be the longest 6 months ever!
    OMG! 800 mls a day sounds exhausting. I have no idea how much territory we would cover on a given day. My biggest concern is the cats. Maybe we should just fly! We could by 3 seats so we could put each cat under the seat.
    I would also map our route, Laurel. I would want to know where we could stop for breaks and food.

Tami, glad you enjoyed the spinning class! Great job with the Total Body Workout!

Great news about your DH's lungs! Hopefully next year the scan will show no changes. Everything happens for a reason right! Incredible that he had pneumonia and thanks to that they discovered his lung damage! Hopefully, he'll have nothing to worry about. Best of luck getting him to start working out!

Good night ladies and have a wonderful week!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had a hot weekend, but it was very nice. On Saturday I got in the Jessica Walk Strong 3 Foundation workout and the 1 mile motivation. The foundation was a good one to go through, she really gives great pointers and things that you tend to not do even though you know you should. I don't know if I would do either one again, but it was good to go through them. I only did the Burn Set back workout on Sunday, had a visit to Ulta to get my hair colored and cut also. This morning was Kelly's RAW Kettlebell & Kickboxing, sure do like this one.

Went to a baby shower on Saturday, and the "mom" found out it was a boy. ;) Afterward we went out with the kids for dinner to celebrate our 30th and my dd's & sil's First anniversary.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts, it sounds tough. Glad that you enjoyed it though. I hear you on the sinuses. We had storms last night, and I woke up to a headache. It went away when I started working out this morning though. I think that the moving process will be difficult, because she doesn't have the space in the new place. She really has to do some major downsizing. We also need to look through everything, because you never know where she left $. DH and his brother know people to help with the things like his dad's train collection and ham radio equipment. It will be a long process.

Tami, I'm so glad to hear about your DH's health news, I'm sure that is a huge weight off of your minds. LOL about him the exercise, it is a tough to convince them that it is fun. ;) Great job on the spin class even though it wasn't a Katy style, but still a good workout. We where talking to DH's SIL, and she said that her mother almost burnt her house down. So she was so frustrated that she said we need to put them all in the same facility, so it will be easier to visit them all. :D

Thelma, Nice job with the workouts, can't believe that we are getting to the last round of this phase. Great progress on the de-cluttering process. Nice that you found those memento of your wedding, I have all of those things packed away. I recently found them, and was laughing at the cost of our food. We had the food family style and it was all Croatian style food. The lady couldn't speak English, so most everything that was agreed upon was done with gestures and pictures. The food was delicious though, so I can't complain. :D DH has know he was adopted since the beginning, because his first pictures are from 8 mo old and onward. LOL about being related to my MIL. She was a pre-teen during the great depression, so I think that has a lot to do with the keeping of things.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, the rain broke just long enough for us to get a round of golf in on Saturday.....but only just that long. :/ It is currently the 7th wettest August in Fairbanks in over 100 years of reporting.....and rain predicted every day until the end of the month. DH removed about 40lbs of mushrooms from our grass yesterday. :o:o So yucky! So, outside of the golf on Saturday (which was fun!), we had kind of a quiet weekend of errands and chores. But we leave on Thursday for a long weekend to see a new part of Alaska, so I am looking forward to that.

For workouts, I did two workouts from Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong 3. The first was Barefoot Cardio Core, and it uses a non-weighted Pilates ball. It is a nice, gentle core workout, but it wasn’t very cardio for me. 2Lazy reviewed this workout having used a 4lb hand-sized medicine ball, and I think that would have made this workout much tougher. To be honest, I was just fine with the gentle pace on Saturday. :) I followed it with Pilates/Yoga Fusion, and this one is really good. So thoroughly enjoyed how she blended moves to make to both a little challenging and also relaxing. I will definitely reach for this one again. Yesterday I did Bulk Chest and went as heavy as I could for the last time through this rotation. Felt great! For cardio, I did Cathe Live Fitness Fusion. Today was Bulk Back (again, as heavy as I could). For cardio, it was one of my favorite Cathe Live combos.....Cross Fire Quick Fix and Cross Fire Express.

Tami, that is some great news for you and your DH. While it isn’t good he has lung damage from past work, it is fantastic news that it isn’t anything alarming. I bet you were both really concerned about that right now. Glad you were able to enjoy a spin class. Hope this week brings a feeling of more normalcy for you, but, again, don’t push too much if you still feel the tireds. I know, for me, the week after I got home after my mom passed was better. I remember DH and I playing a round of golf after I had been home for several days, and, for whatever reason, that was like a page turning on my energy levels. Hopefully something will ‘reset’ yours as well.

Thelma, great job with the workouts....and great job clearing out the house! I like the sound of your DHs potential new employer. Sounds like they are really interested in him, and that’s a good thing. If they are willing to give him a non-traveling job....all the better. DH and I talked a lot about this potential move this weekend, but no decision yet. He wants to explore more options, and I understand that. That gives me a little while to gear up for purging our stuff as well if we do decide to move in the winter. I can’t help you on your concern about your cats because we never moved with animals. The reason I prefer driving to flying is flying limits how much stuff you can bring, which means more stuff in the hands of movers. But I don’t if that is worth the effects of driving on a sweet kitty!! Wish I had some advice I could give, though.

Laurie, can you send some heat this way? DH, who hardly notices the weather most days, is actually frustrated by how cold and wet this month has been. So unusual for him! But, then again, I refuse to turn the heat on because it is still August (one of five months of the year our lease allows open windows), and so the house has been hovering between 55 and 58 degrees all month. That, definitely, could have something to do with his frustration right now. B):D Anyhow, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed the Jessica workouts, though I understand not revisiting them. Happy Anniversary!! I am glad you got to enjoy an evening with your DH, DD and SIL. Hard to believe they are celebrating their first anniversary already!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a very nice weekend I am happy to report. DH has been devoting all his time with me since I have been home. It has been so sweet of him and I have thoroughly enjoyed the time with him. We went furniture shopping on Saturday and picked out a new couch and love seat + recliner for our bonus room/family room! It was really fun and will be delivered this Saturday. Our old set is going to my step son and his girlfriend, they are thrilled to have it so that feels really good too. Then on Saturday evening we went out to dinner with some friends. Yesterday after my workout and shower + a little laundry DH took me out to lunch. So who says shopping and food aren’t therapy! ;) I also slept in both days and on Saturday a.m. I couldn’t believe how much better I felt after a finally good night sleep. Workouts were: PHA Xtreme Pre-Mix #2 for Saturday and yesterday I did Fit Tower BootCamp + Abs. Tonight after work I am headed to Katy’s BootCamp.

Thelma: I am glad to hear you had a great weekend as well!! I love getting rid of stuff and how that feels. So funny you found your wedding pics, invitations and even the church program. I would imagine I have those as well somewhere in our garage attic space. Are you glad your DH is going to most likely take that new job? Great job on your workouts Thelma!!!

Laurie: Our weekend for the first time in a very long time was not hot and not smoky! YAY. We actually had some rain yesterday and I was so happy. We have blue sky today for the first time in a very long time. Excellent job with your Walk Strong, Burn Set Back and RAW this a.m. Happy 30th! I bet that was fun celebrating. Yes, the health news on DH is a MAJOR relief for both of us. He did mention he wants to start working out this week. We will see. I ordered him some tennis shoes to wear instead of his flip flops riding the bike. LOL

Laurel: I am glad to hear you were able to squeak in a round of golf on Saturday! You probably read above we had our first rain yesterday and last night too since who knows when. It has been terribly smoky and horrible air quality for over a month so this was a huge relief for everyone. YIKES on all those mushrooms in your yard. Sounds like you did some perfect workouts and truly enjoyed them. Way to work!! I’m hoping this week feels better too. When I woke up on Saturday a.m. I did feel actually “good” and told DH it was the bet I have felt in a month or more. So that was encouraging. The sleep and “shopping therapy” along with some quality time with DH helped. Today is feeling good too. Now if I can just get up tomorrow a.m. for my early wake up I will be super happy and feeling more normal. Thank you Laurel. Love that you understand exactly where I am at.

Have a great evening ladies!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms, Jessica Smith Turkey Trot Mile, stretch. Great workout! I'm already missing Sagi!

Laurie, we're going to get your hot weather tomorrow!! Sounds like you did really great workouts during the weekend and today! I don't know about Jessica's motivational workout. All I could think of was that slow workout of hers I did before where she wouldn't stop talking trying to motivate people. It was boring and painful!

Happy anniversary again to you and now to your DD and SIL!! I can't believe they already celebrated their first wedding anniversary!!

It really is nice to have found those wedding mementos. I actually had all the stuff table set up, flowers, menu, food cost, cake baker business card. I did throw that stuff away. DH found the plastic case with his and the best man's boutonnieres! They looked terrible so we threw that away. I have no idea what happened to my bouquet though. Your wedding food sounds wonderful! I know we had chicken, steak and a special vegetarian dish for my vegetarian friend. The food was great and the cake even better!
    I'm glad your DH knew he was adopted! I thought he was just finding out the other night!
    People in El Salvador don't really get rid of things either. Most people can't afford to. I think that is where I get my packrat gene from!

Laurel, glad you were able to get a round of golf in this weekend! Wow, you are getting a lot of rain!!! OMG with all those mushrooms! How exciting about seeing a new part of Alaska! I hope you have better weather there!

Great workouts! The Pilates/Yoga Fusion workout is great. I love her fusion workouts!
    DH's potential employer sounds like he is really interested in DH. I hope he is able to get a non-traveling job!!! I don't blame your DH for wanting to explore other options. I really am concerned about traveling with the cats. They hate the car. I keep telling DH we need to take them for short car trips on the weekends but he doesn't think it is necessary. I, of course, could take the girls but I can never catch the boy cat.

Tami, so glad you had a nice weekend and that your DH is devoting all his time to you. That is so sweet and he knows how much you need him now. Congrats on the new furniture purchase! That's always so much fun! Wow! He really is doing such a great job making sure you are OK Tami! So glad he took you out to lunch and you had dinner with friends. My BIL and his wife inherited our old sofa set when we moved here 10 years ago. They still have the sofa and loveseat! Now they're waiting for us to give them our current set when we move. I told DH that if we buy a new house we are taking our furniture. There is a possibility of getting a furnished house but I don't want to give our furniture away just yet!
    It was great to find all those wedding day mementos and planning documents! I am a little scared of DH taking that new job because that was plan B. I was hoping he would attempt to work remotely for his current employer. I feel that I have to support him on whatever he decides to do workwise though.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

More thunderstorms last night, so there is flooding in the area. More so up in our northern counties, but it did close a freeway yesterday. We have a shut down week here, and the temperature outside is cooler than inside the building. Yesterday was bad with sweating, so I hope that the cooling system starts up soon. We should have it going today. After work I did Burn Sets Chest, and went for a walk. It was very nice out so need to take advantage of it now. This morning I did 30MTF Stepboxing Premix that is the first workout along with the additional Kickboxing. Really have been enjoying trying out the premixes on that Stepboxing workout, they really are good. This makes me hopeful for what she is creating for her new stepboxing workout.

Laurel, Nice that you could enjoy a round of golf before the rain came down. Love the workouts! I will have to try out that barefoot one with the 4lb ball that I have, and see how it works for me. Now I will be trying out that Pilates one also, it sounds like a good one. I don't blame you for having the windows open even with those temps, the chance to enjoy this wonderful weather is fleeting with fall upon us. I just hope we don't hear that you have snow to soon.

Tami, Great job on your workouts! So wonderful to hear that you are getting spoiled by your DH. YES shopping is great therapy, I highly recommend it. :D It is always nice to make a change in the house, and it sounds like your step son is going to enjoy having them also. Glad to hear that you got some rain, and the temps went down. Can't imagine what it is like to deal with that smoke, so I hope that you get to enjoy more blue skies. LOL about the flip flops, we used to wear those when we where kids riding our bikes. Not a good idea for sure. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts, and so sorry to hear that your time with Sagi is getting shorter. You can have some fun with Cathe for a few weeks though. ;) The hot weather wouldn't be so bad if is wasn't so humid, the sweat is just pouring off of everything when you move around. This morning's workout was a drip fest. I was willing to go outside in the rain just to cool off a bit. The motivational workout was a bit like the one you described, probably why I will not try it out again. It's so fun to go down memory lane when it is such a special day. I know that I will always have such great memories about our wedding too.

Have a great day!
    Laurie

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, after I did my workout and all my chores/errands and such yesterday, there was a break in the clouds so I ended up mowing the lawn. Made for a very active day! I thought my FitBit was going to rebel. :D Wasn’t sure how I was going to feel working out today because my body was tired this morning. But after a long Cathe warm-up for lower body, I felt pretty good. So I did Bulk Legs followed by Cathe’s Pedal Power DVD. Good stuff.

Tami, I am so glad you enjoyed your weekend and got some rest and time with your DH. Yay for the new furniture! I love getting new furniture. Makes the whole house feel differently to me. It is so sweet that your DH is taking such good care of you right now. Glad you got some rain. My sisters have been getting a lot of smoke from the fires in California as well and suffering greatly. Both have asthma, and the smoke just isn’t good. Great job with the workouts too!

Thelma, great workouts. I remembered why we took the Bulk workouts to six weeks last time because it seems to be about this week (week 4) that I suddenly start feeling so much stronger. So I miss Sagi too already! But I am also looking forward to the next phase, so that is good. Actually, I was wondering if it would be good to start taking your cats for test drives. It may be that once they get used to it, they are okay. I know when we have had cats, the only time they would go in the car is when they were going to the vet. So no wonder they hated the car! It might be worth a try just to see how it goes.

Laurie, I can’t imagine your humidity right now with heat and flooding-type rain! I love sweating, but there is a limit. :o Sitting in a hot, stuffy building is so exhausting to me. Great job with the workouts! I don’t know if you have Fireweed there, but legend in Alaska is that you can tell when it is going to snow when the petals on the Fireweed flower get to the top of the plant. Well, I have been paying close attention to the Fireweed when we have been on the golf course, and those petals are at the top....or gone. :o Some mountain areas have gotten snow already. Our lows go into the 30s at the end of the week and are supposed to stay there. So if it stays this wet.......it may not be as long as I had hoped before snow. :#

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was a short cardio session with Leslie Sansone. Long day at work and I didn't sleep well so I had no energy. OMG, the next 6 months are going to be the longest 6 months of my life! I heard myself saying how this has been such a long week, then I realized it was only Tuesday! Yikes!
    I'm about to run out of Fridays off. I think this is my last Friday off because next week is a holiday week so no need to take Friday off. I think I have the 7th off and on 9/19 we will be going to GA for a couple of days.

Laurie, great job with your workout and even getting a walk in! How is Rocket doing? Is your DH still walking?
    You're making want to do that 30MTF Stepboxing workout again. I've not done it in a very long time.
    I hope the floods aren't too bad. I don't know if we hit the 90's today but it wasn't bad when I got out of work. it didn't feel humid.

I think Laurel hit the nail on the head with her comment about feeling stronger as we're about to finish a Sagi rotation. That's exactly where I am now. I feel like I should do the Bulk rotation every other month! LOL
    OMG sounds like it is super hot there! Don't you have AC?
    I had the feeling the motivation workout was like the boring one I did before!
    It really was fun finding all those wedding day mementos and going down memory lane.

Laurel, another awesome combo with bonus lawn mowing! Great job!
    You totally got the reason why I'm going to miss Sagi. I am definitely stronger.
    I really do think the cats will get used to the car if we took them for rides. I am going to have to nag DH to team up with me to do this. The cats cry all the way to the vet. At least I think they're crying! They're usually OK on the way back but they are not used to the car.
    A neighbor in town was giving away a huge, hard dog crate a while ago and I got it. I thought it would be perfect to transport the cats in a bigger crate when we move. I might just put in my Jeep so it's ready to go on the weekends.

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Crazy crazy weather around here. There was a tornado and flooding north of us, but we do have really high water. We are in a state of emergency right now, since it is still raining. The rain should be stopping today, so hopefully we can dry out. Rocket seems to be the only one enjoying the rain, he had a hitch in his step on our walk this morning. :D At least the temps have fallen.

After work I got in the JS Walk Strong 3 Lower Body workout, I really enjoyed that one last week so decided to do it again. This morning I complimented that workout by doing the Upper Body, all I can say is wow! I really love this workout, and I tried going heavy, but had to go down in weight. Impressive, that is all I can say. I may be leaning toward doing a full rotation of these workouts!

Laurel, Glad you where able to get out and mow the lawn. We have not had that opportunity yet, it has been raining to much. Nice that you where able to do your workouts even though your body was tired. Yes we do have fireweed around here, and it has been blooming for a while. We usually go by the Asters in this area, they are just starting to bloom. The frost comes sometime after they have been in full bloom for a while. I just can't imagine that low of temps right now, since we where so hot the last few days.

Thelma, Hey you got in a workout, so it doesn't matter that it was short. ;) Only 6 months, that really will go fast. Dang on your Friday's, I'm sure that will be hard the first month of having to be there for 5 days. At least these are the last two months have holidays in them. During our shutdown we usually have all systems off. The first two days are on emergency power, so that we can get our switch gear (electrical system) worked on. They do that stuff on the weekend, so I'm not here. We have installed a new cooling tower, and do all the work on our process water also. We have to change out valves and seals on that system during that time. If is a couple of days process, so we have no cooling in the building. Right now I can hear air going through our boiler system as they are trying to get the air out of the lines. I love this time of the year, because no one is around to bother us. Rocket is doing great, and yes DH is still walking with us. I call it baby steps, I hope he continues even when the snow starts falling.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Bulk Shoulders followed by a fun cardio combo of 4DS Kickboxing into Cathe Live Cardio Boxing and Plyo Legs.

Thelma, good choice of a workout after a long day. Would you put all your cats in the one big crate? Who knows but if they get along well, maybe they will travel better being all together if you normally transport them by themselves. I don’t know because some cats prefer being alone and others don’t. Anyhow, I am definitely stronger (again) from the Bulk rotation. Like you, I am wondering when I can do it again! I have been mentally trying to plan my next four month’s of workouts (to get through the holidays), but I can’t seem to settle on anything at the moment. Wanting to do Bulk again is playing into that, so I think I will wait a couple of weeks, and if I still want to do it.....maybe figure it out from there.

Laurie, another good Jessica workout! I enjoyed that one too. So deceptive because it doesn’t look like it would be tough....but it is. Love that about some of her workouts. Yikes on the weather! Hope it calms down soon. Glad to hear your DH is still walking with you. That is so encouraging! Hope those Asters hold off autumn as long as they can! After I posted yesterday the Fairbanks National Weather Service went out a message stating that as of today.....we are in snow season. :o They had snow in Fairbanks on this date back in 1920. I could have gone all day yesterday without reading that and been just fine. :D

Tami, hope you are well.

We are off tomorrow for our long weekend visit to the Kenai Peninsula south of Anchorage. I plan to do my last Bulk workout before going, but I probably won’t have time to check in. Hope you all enjoy the Labor Day weekend. See you next week!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you yesterday. Work was busy in the afternoon and I didn’t get a chance to check in. The days seem to be dragging feeling despite still being really busy. I think having a 2nd person back in the dept. where I am is why because now more work is given to her as well. We are still WAY behind on policies and I try to work on those between other things. I don’t know, just long days and weeks right now. :| With the rain we had on Sunday and Monday the smoke is all gone which is wonderful! I didn’t workout yesterday but headed to Spinning tonight. Still having a hard time with my sleeps and staying up later than my normal, waking up a few times, etc. I am sure soon it will all balance out. Hoping to get in the next few days with some great workouts at home! That is my goal so I am typing it out to you ladies .... I need to make it happen.

Thelma: Sorry to hear you had such a long day and felt the no energy fatigue. Good job getting in your workout, even if it was short you got it in! I forgot you were still on your Friday’s OFF schedule. That will feel really different getting back to 5 days again. {sorry}. Love that you have all had success with Sagi and feeling stronger! Maybe I need to mix him into my life right now. LOL

Laurie: Yikes on your crazy weather! Glad to hear your rain will be stopping today. We finally have clear skies and now we will have colder temps coming right around the corner. Seems we spent a huge portion of our summer with brown smoky skies again this year. I will take cooler weather and clear skies any day though. So it sounds like that JS Walk Strong 3 Series is something you all really enjoy?!?! I looked into it a while back when Laurel was talking about it and it does sound good. I just didn’t “pull the trigger” due to the price. But your “wow” comment and another few things Laurel said has me pondering again. LOL

Laurel: Way to go with your workouts! I hope you and DH have a great time on your long weekend away! Be safe . . . if you all decide on returning to Sagi this winter, I am happy to join you. I feel like my strength is down a bit after this summer of “floundering” workouts.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was short because I did BB Back. I got home on time for a workout but a dear friend called and we were on the phone for 2 hours! We had serious catching up to do! LOL

Laurie, OMG with the tornado and the floods! I hope that rain stops soon so you can dry up. OMG, I couldn't work without AC! We had to do it once and they brought us big fans. That was brutal!
    So glad Rocket is doing well and enjoying the rain and that your DH is still working! That is fantastic! Hopefully, he will continue with the walks even when the snow starts falling.
    Is that JS 3 Tier workout part of Jessica's workout videos? What is it like?

it's going to kill me to have to work 5 days a week but I have time off every month until the end of the year so I will still enjoy some Fridays off. Once the new year starts then hopefully I will only suffer for 2 months.
    Sounds like your company has a great maintenance schedule and thank God they do that work on the weekend when you're not there!

Laurel, another fabulous workout combo! I don't think it will be a good idea to have all 3 cats in the large crate. The girls had a big fight about 2 years ago and it took almost 8 months to get them back to normal. So I'm afraid the stress of the trip could throw them into a situation like that. At least the boy and one of the girls can travel in the big crate. My friend told me tonight that when she moved from NH to GA with her cats she had the vet prescribe tranquilizers so they wouldn't be too stressed out. I'm going to do that too. I have to take them for physicals in October and December so I will ask then about our choices.

I definitely would love to do BB Bulk as another phase of the rotation in the near future. Those workouts are the perfect length for me and they make me stronger!

Laurel, I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time this weekend!

Hi Tami! Sorry your days are dragging too. now that I want the time to elapse as soon as possible, it is dragging! So glad the smoke is gone!
    It's good that you're busy at work. You'll get used to having the other person take on more of the workload. Pace yourself! LOL
    Sorry you're not sleeping well. Hopefully, you will get back into your normal schedule soon.
    I am not looking forward to working 5 days a week. I am so tempted to ask my boss to let me go to 4 days a week. I don't think he is in a position to authorize such thing now that he is leaving.
    I am also getting tempted about the Walk Strong workout DVD's except for the boring motivational one Laurie did the other day! LOL. I don't think motivation is Jessica's thing.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Didn't sleep very well last night, we had a major shift in the temps so my head was pounding from my sinuses. The humidity is gone, and we are in the low 60's this morning. It really felt great to have the car windows open on my drive into work. When I get home the windows will be opened for sure, need to get some of that stale are out of the house. From the news there where 7 confirmed tornadoes that touched down. One farmer had his buildings demolished, so the other farmers in the area are taking care of his animals until they can rebuild.

I was only in the mood for walking this morning so I did Jessica Smith's Walk On 40 Min. Mega Burn. It was perfect. After work yesterday I did Burn Sets Shoulders.

Last night one of my sisters had to go into emergency surgery for her appendix. She was suppose to have surgery at 5:30, then she said 7 and she finally went in at 8:30. :o She is doing fairly well, but needs to be in the hospital until Friday because it was perforated.

Laurel, Have a great time on your mini vacation, and getting a chance to see more of Alaska before the snow starts to fly. I don't blame you for not wanting to hear that you are officially in the snow season, I would be bummed also. Great job on the workouts, you where in a kickboxing frame of mind. The 4DS kickboxing is so good. I think doing that upper body one was really good for me to do, because it hit the upper portion of my back in a different way. I'm feeling that area this morning. Now I will have to sit down and determine what type of rotation I would like to try with this. I think I want to try out all of the workouts first.

Tami, Can understand being busy, but the work itself being tedious. I enjoy my day more when the things I'm doing are interesting instead of they need to get done boring stuff. :D The problem I'm having right now is our system is very slow, so just creating an order can take 10-15 minutes. The amount that I do each day with that takes away from other things. Glad to hear that the smoke has cleared up also, bet it is way more enjoyable to be outdoors. Hope that your spinning class was a good one. I have the Walk Strong 3 on digital, so I don't have the DVD's. So far I have only tried about 3 of them, so I'm looking forward to trying the rest.

Thelma, How nice that you had a good chat with your bf. Great job on the Bulk workouts also. This JS workout was superset, so she did two back exercises, then two chest exercises. She then went onto biceps and shoulders, and then triceps and abs. One of the nice things is that you can go heavy, because she does do a slow tempo. I was surprised that my hr was up. I'm glad to hear that you will have some Friday's off during the next few months, you are right those two month's into the new year will be brutal.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Bulk Chest tonight. I left work at 2:45 to go get my hair cut. I was home by 4 PM! Tomorrow morning I'm treating myself to a pedicure and on Saturday we are meeting my BIL/SIL for brunch, and of course, more purging of accumulated stuff. I couldn't sleep last night. I was falling asleep while I was watching the news and the moment I went horizontal I was wide awake! I slept about 3 hours tops. I took a nap before my workout tonight and that felt good!

Laurie, great job getting a workout in even though you didn't have a good night. I hope you feel better now that the humidity is gone. OMG with the 7 tornadoes touching down in your area! How scary for those poor people who were affected.
    Your poor sister with the perforated appendix! I hope she recovers quickly.

Thanks for describing Jessica's workout. Sounds very nice and I like the slow tempo part. I don't even want to think about Jan and Feb at work. I am starting to get worried about the time after my boss retires. His last day will be Nov 16.

Ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in Burn Sets Biceps, and then I headed to a quilting shop and got some material for a banner that I want to make for church. This is something that I designed, so I'm excited to get going on it. I have to stop at another store after work to find the main color, but I think I nailed my idea pretty well. Anyway this morning was RAW Kickbox Contouring. We will be heading up north tomorrow morning, so I don't think a workout will happen until I get home on Monday.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workout. I'm glad that you could get in a nap beforehand though. I certainly can understand not getting sleep, I was yawning at the quilting store. ;) Sounds like you have a great plan for the weekend, and I'm sure that you will get in some good social time with the BIL & SIL. That same area that has the majority of the flooding is suppose to get some more this weekend. I hope the forecast is incorrect.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great long weekend! We had a good one and made more progress around the house which was great.
    On Friday I did Bulk Shoulders, Cardio, stretching. On Saturday I did LIS Yoga Relax. On Sunday I did XT CBS w/u, ICE Low Impact Muscle Meltdown Back X4 Premix, Jessica Smith Hiit Cardio, Stretching. Tonight's workout was XT CBS w/u, ICE Low Impact Sweat I, To the Mat Basic Pmix #4 Muscle Meltdown Shoulders X 4, Stretch.

Laurie, great workouts last week! That RAW Kickbox Contouring workout sounds great!
    I hope the flooded areas are doing better now.

Hi Laurel and Tami!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Back from a wonderful weekend on the Kenai Peninsula. It felt like we traveled to a completely different country, to be honest. There was sunshine!!! B) Though from listening to the locals, that has been a rare thing down south this summer as well. But it was so nice to see blue skies. Of course, we left Seward, Alaska yesterday driving north without a cloud in the sky. Had full, perfect views of Denali all the way from Anchorage to Denali National Park. Left the park, saw a dark cloud ahead, DH joked ‘that’s Fairbanks’.....and it was no joke. Cold, cloudy, rainy......sigh. But that’s okay because the weekend was truly stunning.

For workouts, I finished up with the Bulk workouts Thursday with Bulk Arms followed by Cathe Oive 100 Episode. I got three short Live cardio workouts in Friday-Sunday while we were away—Cardio Fusion, Hi-Lo Kickboxing and Low Impact HiiT, and DH also took some long walks both Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday was nothing because of the long drive. Today’s workout was Gym Style Chest and Triceps followed by a cardio combo of F/S Mixed Impact Cardio and Cathe Live Cardio, Barre and Core. Hoping to get out and mow soon as well, but it needs to dry up a bit first.

Tami, hope you were able to relax this weekend, get some good sleep and start feeling a little more settled in your routine. Glad to hear you got some rain and clearer air. Hopefully that lasted through the holiday.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the sinus headache, but, hopefully, that has cleared up but still left you with cooler, pleasant air. How fun to design your own banner! I bet that will be fun to make. Hope you share a photo. :)

Thelma, great workouts! I will be joining you on the Muscle Meltdown next week. I just knew I was going to have a condensed week this week, so opted for Gym Styles.....which are so good and tough! Looking forward to doing the Muscle Meltdowns though.

Okay, there is a break in the clouds, so off to chop the heads off the mushrooms in the yard. :#:) See you tomorrow!

Laurel