Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was pretty good last night. We did 4 rounds of exercises at 2 minutes each, then 1:45, then 1:30, then 1:00, after that we would move on to a new round of exercises. It was good with of course, upper/lower cardio and abs. It was nice to see my pals. One of them who I thought forsure had been told what was going on was giving me a really hard time after class and then I guess the look on my face she realized something was up. She spent the rest of our conversation crying and feeling so bad. Poor lady. She is super sweet and was just trying to joke. I wasn't upset or anything, was trying to joke but I think the others that new what was up were looking at her funny. No workout yet today. I am really having a hard time getting up after being able to sleep in more in the a.m. and workout after work. We will see about tonight if I can get my workout area to myself.

Thelma: Love to hear about those DOMS! Way to work those legs. I am happy to hear about your back being back to normal. It’s funny how that can happen and then it is good to go. Glad it was a short setback, if even a setback. LOL Thank you for the kudos on my workouts and doing what I can/want on any given day right now. I am trying to tell myself it’s ok to cry and I keep telling my sister that as well, she is really holding it in because my mom is right there but I told her it is necessary and healing for both of us. I just try to hold it in sometimes because I am worried it won’t stop right away if I let it out.

Laurel: Sounds like an absolutely perfect combo today! I always love following up shoulders with some sort of KB or punching workout. Way to go! I love the way you put that …. Down the road is it really going to make a difference on what workouts I do. I agree, so I will continue doing what I am doing for now since my schedule continues to be “iffy” along with my “do what feels good”. So THANK YOU for understanding so clearly, as I knew you would. I feel your hug and thank you for that as well. Truly appreciate your support.

Hi Laurie :) Welcome Back!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, Walking on Treadmill, Stretch. I can't believe that I am going much heavier than the last recorded weights! Feels great!

Laurel, awesome combo! I love that boxing workout!
    I found a new realtor! She seems very experienced and had great reviews. The lot we were considering was in a subdivision we liked. They have a covenant that said the construction had to begin by a certain time and be done in 3 months or something insane like that. I can't imagine building from scratch Laurel. I rather see the finished product.

Tami, so glad you enjoyed the BootCamp class. OMG, that poor woman clearly felt bad about teasing you! you handled it so well! Great job. Workout wise do the best you can.
    I would think it's OK to cry even in front of your mom. You said she cried and laughed with her brother. Your sister definitely needs to have a good cry. The fact that she is holding it in because your mom is there is simply amazing. I don't think I could be so brave. I do understand your worry about opening the floodgates and not being able to stop when in public. Do allow yourself to cry at home though. Sending you a big hug!

Hi Laurie! Welcome back! Glad you had a good time.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was a pretty tough workout. I did Bulk Legs followed by XTrain Ride. I have a feeling my legs will let me know about this tomorrow. :) But I enjoyed it today!

Tami, I am glad you were able to get to Bootcamp. No doubt your classmate felt horrible about teasing you, but it sounds like you handled it perfectly since she didn’t know. Right now, given all the stress, that extra rest in the morning is probably super crucial right now. I really hope both you and your sister can find ways to relieve the sadness and the stress. Keeping it all locked in is not good for either of you. I am so glad, though, that you have each other. I know so many people who don’t get on with their siblings, and I can’t imagine not having my sisters and their friendship and strength.

Thelma, great workout. And yay for going heavier!! That is amazing! I am so glad you found a new realtor. Hopefully you can get on the same page with her before your trip so you can hit the ground running when you are there. Building a house in three months is pretty fast! Even for our house in Florida, which wasn’t all that well built, it took nearly four months. But, then again, if the workers had been dedicated solely to our home, it could have gone faster. To be honest, about designing and building a house from ‘scratch’, one of the driving forces is my desire for an adequate workout space. :o Too often, I have been working out in bedrooms, and I want something larger. Where they can build basements, we have been a little more lucky. But those houses have been few and far between for us. Instead, like where we are at now, we find in order to get the space I want, we end up with three or four bedrooms and a big house......which we don’t need. So.....we’ll see what happens. But like I said yesterday, I think $$$ and time will have us in an already constructed home somewhere.

Laurie, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Quick check in. No workout last night. It took me nearly 40 minutes to get home and by the time I got there my sister had called so I was talking to her and my mom. Both sounded fabulous! It is always nice when one or both of them are doing good so it was fun to talk with them. Then DH came in so we just started visiting and on to dinner making. LOL No workout this a.m. but I am going to Spinning tonight. It is supposed to be 100 out right now and 106 tomorrow! WHAT?!?! :o

Thelma: Great job with your workout and going heavier (again), that is so awesome!

Laurel: Another fabulous combo for you as well, way to work!

Hi Laurie

Talk to you more tomorrow ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. I had a busy day at work and we go torrential rains and scary thunderstorms. it took forever to get home but at least it wasn't raining when I got home. It rained later though and pretty hard.
    Tomorrow is my Friday and I can't wait! We've decided that we're only going Wed-Fri to GA next month. We were planning on Wed-Sat. So we will leave Wed mid-afternoon to get there after the rush hour and will do the same thing on Fri on the way back.
    Going for a mani/pedi on Friday so I'm looking forward to getting pampered.

Laurel, another great combo today! Great job! The new agent has proven to be better than the other one in just one day! We wanted to know how private two houses were which the other agent never found out and this one did in like one hour. She also asked what kinds of things we liked to do: finishing, hiking, biking, etc. so she can find houses in those close to those activities. The other agent never asked things like that. In all fairness probably because I provided the houses I wanted to see. I think I've seen every house on Zillow has located between Blue Ridge and Ellijay. I'm pretty much providing the houses we want to see also but this lady provides more information about their location.
    Workout area is a big concern of mine as well so our house must have a basement. Most likely we'll end up with a 3 bedroom house though.
    You know, I also felt that building a house in 3 months was a bit of a stretch. I think 4-5 months is more realistic. Our hearts seem to set in a house like this one but not this big. Look at the basement picture where the bar is located. There is another fireplace. At least half that basement would be my workout area.
    http://www.lindasnorthgacabins.com/Home/0-Emmaus-Dr-Blue-Ridge-GA-30513/PCH/8393172/

I think this too much of a house for us. Like I always tell DH the square footage could be much smaller as long as the room distribution is right for our needs.

Tami, so glad you had a fun phone call with both your mom and your sister! That had to be comforting for you and to top it off your DH is back home!

Hi Laurie, I imagine you had lots of work waiting for you after your vacation. Take it easy!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Bulk Arms followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre. I loved this workout the first and only time I did it.....and today I loved it even more! Good stuff. Since I had my Fit Tower in the middle of my workout space at the end of my cardio workout, I also added on the bonus abs from Cathe’s Fit Tower series. I don’t do those workouts enough.

Tami, sounds like a good evening despite the heat and long commute. But 106?!? Yowza!! That is crazy hot for your area! And here I am looking at our 15 day forecast.....and only seeing 50s and 60s as highs. It feels like autumn! Bet that sounds good to you right about now, though. Enjoy the spinning!

Thelma, sorry to hear about your long commute as well, along with storms. No fun. So happy to hear about the realtor and how responsive she has been. You nailed one of my frustrations with realtors and us. They always ask what size house we want, and we are always saying ‘it isn’t the size of the house that matters as much as the size of rooms that matter to us!’ I absolutely love that house you posted, though. So beautiful! But, like you, that is more house than we really need. We want about 2000 square feet of well utilized space. Roomy enough to keep me from feeling claustrophobic (which seems to be getting worse as I age) but small enough that I can clean it for many years to come! :)

Laurie, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms, Jessica Smith 1 Fast Mile, stretch. This was another workout where I was able to go heavier than ever before.

I think we need about the same size or maybe a little bigger. Definitely 3 bedrooms. DH probably wants 4 bedrooms because those houses don't have a garage so no storage. I doubt those subdivisions will let you have a shed as some have very strict rules. I love this prow front house but DH wants covered porches.

https://www.zillow.com/savedhomes/for_sale/244416248_zpid/1_pnd/42.924251,-70.740967,34.089061,-84.803467_rect/5_zm/1_rs/1_fr/

You should create an account with Zillow.com so you can save (bookmark) houses you like and create searches. I have created searches for Blue Ridge and Zillow.

Hi Tami, I hope you have cooler temps now!
    Hi Laurie!

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm almost caught up with everything from vacation, and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I absolutely love being busy at work, so in a way it was fun. :D I have not been doing anything on the rotation this week, because I really didn't have a lot of time after work to do anything since I was working later than I usually do. I did the Build & Burn workouts from Kelly, and will start the Burn Sets as the one body part next week. I have not decided on what lower body workout I will do, but tending toward the Phase 3 STS workouts or lower body blast ones that she has.

Laurel, Looks like you are doing well with the Bulk workouts! You are back with Sagi, and I'm sure having a great time. Glad to hear that you had a good time with your sisters, I also get along with all my siblings and have a good laugh every time we are together. Our children tell us that we all laugh to much. :D

Tami, Great job on getting to your classes, and doing your DVD's when you have a chance. Dang on your classmate, it does sound like she really felt awful afterwards. Nice that you are able to talk to your sister and mom, that is so nice. Do you skype at all?

Thelma, You are also having some fun with Sagi, and getting to increase your weights is awesome. Sounds like you are moving forward on the move to GA, very happy to hear that. I'm sure that you will endure some stress about finding the right location and home, but it will all work out in the end.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was F/S Legs and Glutes followed by a Cathe Live cardio combo of Cardio Fusion and Move It. Good stuff. And in a little while I will add lawn mowing to that! I think I will have another case of tireds tonight. :o I realized last week that mowing our yard means walking between 6 and 7 miles. :o Not bad for a workout add-on. :D

Thelma, great workout. Love to hear you continue to go heavier. Our last few houses have been pushing 3000 square feet, and there are rooms we don’t need (like a formal dining room) or have had rooms that our way too big (like our last two living rooms), so it is areas like that we want to cut down. But I want a big kitchen and a good sized master and, as we mentioned, a good sized workout space so.......finding the right house is a bit tough for us. DH has hundreds and hundreds of homes saved on Zillow. I let him do all the searching because I still miss our FL home, and looking at all those pretty houses just makes me sad. :'( Someday I will get over this! :)

Laurie, good to hear from you! Glad to hear you are almost caught up at work, and have enjoyed the catching up process. Busy is so much better than not busy, that’s for sure. Sounds like you are getting in some good workouts though. I like the sound of your plan for Burn Sets. My nieces just stare at my sisters and I when we get together because we just laugh and laugh. I can only hope those two young ladies will be sitting on one of their porches in 30 years and doing the exact same thing! Such a blessing.

Tami, hope you are well.

Off to tackle the lawn. See you Monday!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was amazing on Wednesday evening. I sort of forgot how much I enjoy it. It's become such a constant in my workout routine over the years but not doing it for several weeks made me miss it. Not a huge turnout by any means but it was good energy from Katy! No workout yesterday and after work it was the promised 104 degrees so DH and I barely felt like doing anything. The smoky air is here as well due to surrounding fires. Not as bad as the last couple years but still. This a.m. I did get up AMAZINGLY and did Afterburn, which felt great! No workout tonight. We have another scorcher today ….. they are saying it is 106 right now. Hard to believe. If it is, it is definitely a record. :#

Thelma: Your weather sounds like the complete opposite of ours right now. We are supposed to cool down to mid 80’s tomorrow, so that will feel great. DH has gone home both days and let Mr. Bernie in the house. He is very relaxed and cool by the time I get home. So glad DH is home to do that. I hope you enjoyed your mani/pedi today!

Laurel: Fabulous combos as always! I was eye balling my Fit Tower workouts the other day. It is true, why don’t those come out more often. LOL 50’s and 60’s sound cold right now. But I will definitely take the 80’s this weekend. Hope to get in a good total body workout tomorrow and something on Sunday too! DH and I booked our ticket(s) to LA. We will be going the 23rd thru 26th. Just a short trip, but that seems manageable right now for everyone, including my mom. It is getting harder and harder of course and she is sleeping so much more. Love when she has a good day in the mix forsure.

Laurie: So glad to hear you are all caught I am sure that feels great! We haven’t Skyped just because it is sort of hard for her to just carry on a conversation usually, other than the other night she seemed great. But it is so quick and on and off most of the time. Just hearing each others voices more than a full conversation. I would love to Skype but I just think its too much unless my sister facilitates it for me.

Have a great weekend ladies! Talk to you on Monday. :)
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a nice one thankfully. I started packing! I packed our linen closet and just left the sheets and towels we will use. That felt so good! We also hit the attic and I hit the china cabinet.

On Friday I went for a mani/pedi and that was great because I had the place all to myself!
    Workouts: on Friday, XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Shoulders, Treadmill, Stretch. On Saturday, 2 Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone which was actually a lot of fun. I did two of her workouts and the music was great. Tonight X10 Legs w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Treadmill, stretch.

Laurie, great job catching up with work and your workouts!
    I love working out with Sagi! I actually look forward to doing his workouts. We are really moving forward with the move to GA. Now I'm worried that we will find 'the house' next month when we go to GA. LOL!

Laurel, fabulous combo on Friday including mowing the lawn! A killer combo! WOW! I can't believe mowing your lawn means walking between 6-7 miles! Like I said: A killer combo!

I am loving having been able to go heavier on the Bulk workouts than ever before.
    We don't need a formal dining room either. If we have eaten there 10 times in the 10 years we've lived here that is a lot. We've been using lately to play board games when my in-laws are here! The one thing I'm finding of the log cabins we love is that they don't have a large kitchen. I would've loved a large kitchen too but I don't think it will be in our future. I think our current kitchen is bigger than anything we will end up with. At least these houses don't have a formal dining room! I'm glad your DH is looking at the houses online! I'm sorry you still miss your house in FL but I can understand why. Hopefully, you will find another dream home next time.
    I read that Alaska's North Slope had been hit by an earthquake. Seems far away from where you are. I hope you didn't feel it.

Tami, so glad you enjoyed your spinning class so much! I hope you got some rain over the weekend. You guys could use a lot of rain.
    We had a rainy Saturday and it rained a little today. I think the next few days will be rainy too.
    I'm glad your DH went home to let Bernie in the house. I bet he loved it!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend. Saturday I did KCM's RAW Stretch, that felt great. Sunday we went to a picnic that was for dh's high school reunion. It had been a long time since he has been to anything related to his reunion, and it was a good time. Got in Burn Sets Chest, and that is it. ;) This morning was KCM's Build & Burn Kickbox Kettlebell Fusion.

Laurel, Great job on the workout, and of course tackling that lawn. You are getting in some great miles by doing that. I still have to decide on what leg workouts I'm going to challenge. I love that most of those workouts are shorter, so I can get them in before things start happening. My nieces and nephews play games together when we are up at the cabin, and they are laughing and talking all the time. They just look at me when I ask why they laugh at us when we are talking and laughing, so I think that your nieces will do the same in the future. It is fun to know that they will be friends/cousins for a long time to come.

Tami, Wow on that temperature, it has been a long while since we have had temps to that degree. It has happened, but not to often. Glad that you enjoyed your spin class so much, and of course getting in Afterburn. That is such a great workout. I'm glad to hear that you get to talk with your mom and sister, even if it is for such a short time.

Thelma, Nice that you started packing some things up. I'm sure that it was exciting and scary at the same time. Great job on the workouts! I have never tried any Leslie workouts, glad that you enjoyed them. You are just going to GA next month to look, I'm guessing? That would be interesting if you did find "the house".

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a pretty good weekend here. DH has to work again on Saturday which is no fun for him. I am hoping that he will get his weekends off again soon, that’s for sure. But we had a nice day yesterday playing golf, which was so relaxing. Seems quite a few people have given up on the idea of summer this year since it had been so cool and dreary, so we were pretty much alone on the course. We didn’t mind. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a very moderate Cathe Live workout to warm up my body before stretching. It was call Fit Body Bootcamp and, as I said, it was a pretty low intensity workout which is exactly what I was looking for. I followed it with Jessica Smith’s Stretch, Rest and Relax, which felt great. Yesterday it was Bulk Chest followed by RWH Plyo HiiT One Doubled premix, which is such a toughie! Today was Bulk Back followed by Cathe Live Keep The Cardio Coming, which is another toughie! Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. And great job with the packing! That has got to feel good. It must seem surreal to you, though. DH and I came up with what I hope is a workable plan for our future yesterday on the golf course. I think he will start looking for a new job in January. If he doesn’t find one by September of 2019, then we will plan on moving to our retirement location in spring 2020 from here. That, of course,would mean an extra year in Alaska, but we could really stow away some $$$$ during that winter and properly plan for our move. So......we’ll see what happens. It seems whenever we have a plan, it gets blown up pretty quickly. :D But at least it is nice to have made a decision.

Tami, sounds like some great workouts last week. Bet the energy from spinning felt great! I definitely hope your temps have cooled down, though. That is just crazy hot. I am also glad you have solidified your plans for going back to LA. That will be here before you know it.

Laurie, sounds like a good weekend! Great workouts too. I’m thinking about adding an additional leg workout each week from now until the end of September to prepare my body for our trip to Hawaii. B) Like you, I am looking for the shorter, more intense lower body workouts for that. I am definitely thinking of LIHI Legs and RWH Lower Body Circuits as two of them. But you brought up a great idea with the Meso 3 Plyo Leg workouts as well. So many workouts to choose from though!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms, Jessica Smith Turkey Trot Mile, stretch. I had a super busy day at work. I tried to talk myself out of working out but decided to push through and did arms which I love.

Another rainy day today and more of the same tomorrow. When we went to GA in May I bought a pair of rain boots for $17 at TJMaxx. I'm so glad I bought them because I am using them a lot lately!

Laurie, glad you guys had fun at your DH's high school reunion! Great KCM workout!
    Packing felt exciting but not scary. I think the scary part will come when are ready to move. Right now it is exciting! I've done Leslie Sansone workouts before and they are good low impact workouts.

Laurel, glad you had a good weekend and that you got to play golf. Great workouts! Glad you survived mowing the lawn!
    I hope you get to enjoy some summer weather soon. How are your plants doing? Sounds like you two came up with a plan for your future! I'm sure you're not loving the idea of another winter in Alaska though. I hope your DH is able to find a new job sounds a job.

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work yesterday I did Burn Set Back, sure do love that one since I can lift so heavy. This morning was STS Disc 26 Plyo Legs, it has been a while since I have done this one. Loved it! I will probably have to change up my days for back/chest though.

Laurel, Sounds like some great workout combos you got in. Sorry to hear that your DH is working on the weekends. Nice that you where able to golf and having the course be free of to many people. When DH and I where walking this morning we heard some shouting and cheering. At first we thought it was a coyote, but then realized that it was coming from the golf course. Someone must have gotten a really good shot. :D Can't imagine why you would want some good looking legs for your trip to Hawaii! :D I think those plyo leg workouts would be good ones to think about, they sure make my legs wobbly at the end. We will see if I can get up and walk after sitting in my chair for a while.

Thelma, Glad to hear you preserved and got your workout in. It can be so hard to get that motivation after a tough day at work. I had to purchase an extra pair of shoes when we where in PA because of the rain. The rain, when it came, was a deluge of water. Then when the sun did come out it was so humid, that it was uncomfortable. I didn't even think about bringing my rubber boots along, that would have been a great idea to have them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another tough workout today. I started with Bulk Legs and finished with S&S Cycle Sweat. I am having trouble walking now! I think tomorrow is going to be :o . But I enjoyed both workouts, so it was worth it. :)

Thelma, good job getting your workout in despite another long day. We are having so much rain right now too. I can’t remember our last sunny day, to be honest. I don’t expect any more summer weather this year. The leaves are already changing and our lows are in to the mid to low 40s now. It is crazy how quickly it changes. Our plants are doing okay. Lots of zucchini and cumcumber and even some strawberries. Our tomato plants are full of flowers, but I don’t know right now if they are going to have time to produce much fruit. Keep your fingers crossed for a warm-ish September! Anyhow, no I can’t say I am happy about the possibility of two more years in Alaska, but at least it is a plan that I think is financially smart right now, and that eases my mind quite a bit.

Laurie, great workouts! Glad you enjoyed the Plyo Legs workout. I always have something of a dread factor going into those, and I don’t know why. They are so good though! Yep, since we don’t get any opportunity to wear shorts up here, my legs could use a little ‘refinement’ before Hawaii. :) I have been going easy on them for quite awhile to be honest. So we’ll see what I can do in six weeks!

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, had to force myself to workout tonight but I did it! XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Back, Treadmill, Stretching. Had another rainy day. It looks like we'll have rain well into next week!

Laurie, awesome workouts! It really is hard to get motivated after a long, challenging day. Tonight was one of those days too. I love my rain boots. It started to rain pretty hard 5 minutes before I got to my house tonight and I had my boots on. My feet were dry!

Laurel, another winning workout combo! Great job! I can't believe your leaves are already changing! You hardly had any summer! At least you've gotten zucchini, cukes, and strawberries! I hope you're able to enjoy some tomatoes and a warm September too!
    I really hope your DH is going to be able to find another job soon. Did he start looking? It seems he's had very good luck getting his last couple of jobs. If it makes sense financially to stay in Alaska for 2 more years then your sacrifice will be worth it.
    We have a meeting with our financial advisor. Last time we met was a big disappointment for me. DH says we're moving no matter what the advisor says which is a little scary. The only thing that makes the move safe is the fact that DH has a job when we get there if he wants it.

When is your Hawaii trip? I'd forgotten about that trip!

Hi Tami, I hope you're doing well.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in Burn Sets Shoulders, and another good fry fest. Shoulders are one area I dread doing. This morning I did yoga with Chris Freytag. I did GHUTV Vinyasa Flow 1. It felt great on the lower body getting it stretched out after that plyo leg workout yesterday.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts, sounds like you had great leg workouts with both of those options. I'm not looking forward to the temps going down, we now are in the cold weather for our evenings. That means that fall is around the corner. Doesn't help when you see leaves and walnuts falling out of the trees. Those trees get their leaves late, and are the first ones to fall. :s Got to love that you are getting some good veggies, dang on the tomatoes. I hope that you get some fruit soon. Even if it is green when you pick them, they will ripen really well. My mom always picked all the tomatoes before they predicted frost. I did have some dread with that plyo leg workout, but when I had to I took the plyo out of the move. I don't need to hurt myself, and I know all the options for taking it down to a low impact move.

Thelma, Great job on the workout! You got it done despite that you didn't want to. Dang on the rain, but having your boots is a bonus. Having dry feet is a bonus. I don't enjoy having wet socks walking into the house, sure is hard getting those shoes off.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Bulk Shoulders followed by the core work from F/S. Then, for cardio, I did F/S Low Impact Cardio into Cathe Live 80s Style Cardio with Low Impact Blasts. This was the perfect combo after a few really tough cardio days. It was challenging but not too challenging.

Thelma, glad to hear we aren’t alone with the constant rain. :# Luckily we are suppose to get out of it in the next day or so....at least for a few days. I have to keep reminding myself it is still August! Our trip to Hawaii is the last week in September....and I cannot wait. I am still trying to figure out how my DH is going to get me to go peacefully onto the plane coming home. :) About looking for jobs, he has some work commitments here that he really needs to complete over the next few months, so he won’t start looking for a new job until January. You are right he has good luck in getting jobs, so we need to be in a position to be ready to move very quickly. And between those work commitments and our lease (which is good until May) and winter, we figured trying to find a job nearer to next spring will be much better. As much as I say I am ready to leave Alaska, the real truth is I am not at all prepared to move at the moment. So this will give me a little time to gear up for that. And I know you know what I am talking about since that is exactly what you are doing!

Laurie, great workout. I hear you on working shoulders, but I do love the Bulk Shoulders workout. Great idea in modifying the Plyo Legs workout. I think one of the reasons I have some dread factor with them is all the jumping up and down off a high step. The two footed take offs and landing on the step have never really been my favorite thing to do, and as I get older I am getting more concerned about getting injured. I suppose I need to give myself permission to lower the step. B) DH and I were talking about aging this weekend, and I told him the thing I am struggling with most regarding my workouts is whether my mind is telling me to do something or whether my body is telling me to do something. In other words, am I just getting lazy and using my age as an excuse to, for instance, lower the step height? Or is my body saying ‘I am 53. You might want to take this down a notch.’ Hopefully I figure this out sometime because it really has been a struggle mentally. And I hope I figure it out before I hurt myself! :o

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. I had a long, frustrating day at work and didn't get out work till 7PM. We're at the end of the current sprint which means I have to plan next sprint's work for my team. It's a pain in the neck.
    DH had a very stressful day today too.

Laurie, great job with your workouts!
    Wet socks are no fun at all. I don't think it rained today. I got to wear my sunglasses on my way home.

Laurel, great workouts! Glad you're going to get a break from the rain! I hope you're able to get out to play golf course this weekend. I can see how your husband has to complete his work commitments and it sounds like they will be completed around the time your lease ends. I hope your husband is able to get a job next spring.
    Having time to slowly prepare to move is great because we won't have the stress of having to pack and be ready to move at a moments notice.
    OMG Laurel, the two-footed takeoffs, and landing on the step are the most dangerous moves to me. I am so afraid I will hurt myself. The only way I can do it is if I only have the platform. I am finding that my body doesn't want to do high impact stuff. I think that is why I'm enjoying Jessica and now Leslie Sansone.

Hi Tami, thinking of you. I hope you're doing well.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma