Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was XT T&Bs w/u, ICE Boot Camp –Timesavers #7 Muscle Meltdown Shoulders X3, Stretch. I really had to talk myself into working out tonight. I managed to go heavier than Cathe during the 3 sets which felt great! I also decided to try doing the preacher curls with the EZ bar and I loved it! Yet another rainy day here!

Laurie, great job with ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast!
    It really is hard to motivate myself when I'm tired. I hope your MIL adjusts to her new surroundings. It will take time but hopefully, she'll be OK soon.

Laurel, another winning combo!
    I'm sorry your trip to Hawaii had to be canceled. Hopefully next year you'll get that well-deserved trip.
    Are you planning on renting at first like you did last time? Wow, you will get a lot of rain too. My experience in May in Blue Ridge was that it rained every day. Some days more than others. Cloudy weather is good for me as I can't be in the sun so it seems perfect for me.
    I am also into the low impact cardio workouts. I think for me it started at the end of last year. My body prefers gentler workouts as I get older.

Tami, glad you were able to get your workouts in! Great job!!!
    I'm sure you will miss your DH, especially at this time. You have Bernie to keep you company and to hug when you need a hug. I thought you would like those videos. I saw the guy with the 3 dogs on FaceBook last week and I loved how much he loves his dogs. I was glad when I found his video last night for you to watch.

We are really excited about our trip to GA next week. Over the weekend we'll be decided on which houses to see out of the 25 houses I've saved! LOL.

Tami, check out this wagon! Its sides drop so it would be easy for Bernie to step up onto the platform. You could buy him a nice, soft pillow or something. This one is not big enough for Bernie tho, but hopefully, you can find something similar.
    https://www.hayneedle.com/product/sandusky34x18heavydutysteelcratewagon.cfm?source=mspla&kwid=CartsandWheelbarrows level02&tid=ATM084-1

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work, but I did get some weed pulling done. I want to get the gardens cleaned up of weeds before the leaves start to fall to much. I've been picking up walnuts also. I was such nice weather, but had to go inside when the mosquitoes started to attack. :D This morning I did Build & Burn Kettlebell Kicbox Fusion and ICE MM Chest. No I hadn't seen Tami's workout beforehand. ;)

Laurel, Great job on all the workouts! Have to be happen when you nail the steps. I'm glad that I pulled out the ICE Leg workout, it is always an enjoyable leg workout. So I'm guessing that the area is in the more northern part of FL? I'm so glad that you convinced your DH to use professionals, it is a lot of work to move that distance. If the rental breaks down in some remote area, that would be terrible. Guess you can get rid of some winter items to charity for sure. :D

Tami, I swear that I didn't read you post until this morning, can't believe that we did the same workout. :D ICE Bootcamp is not on my schedule yet. Great job getting in a workout, and I hope that your spin class will be a good one. Will look forward to hearing how the oil works for Bernie. I really enjoy Jessica's workouts, she is just so nice. I love when she asks her mom if she is doing okay.

Thelma, Great job on the workout. Nice that you where able to up the weight again. Will the area you are head to be affected by the hurricane? They are saying that the rain is heading really far inland.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast and the Blizzard Blast. Loved doing this workout again. And even though it has some cardio, I still added on my spin class which, today, was Cathe Live Spin Those Wheels.

Well, for having a pretty boring life, there are times......... :o . So erase everything I have said about moving to Florida because DH put in his notice at work yesterday.....and they offered him a promotion! And a paid moved to Huntsville, Alabama. :o:o He will be managing a development project on some of the electronic systems he has worked on up here. Suddenly, in a second, this crazy move to Alaska makes sense! I couldn’t possibly be happier right now about our situation. It eases my mind tremendously (especially the paid move part!), and I am just so happy for my DH who took a huge gamble (which I questioned, to put it mildly) moving up here and has made the most of it. I also think I will like the Huntsville area better than Florida because it has hills and seasons. :) The timing of the move will be the same, and we will probably head to Alabama in a couple of weeks to hunt for homes. So excited! Of course, DH has the tough call to make to his friend in Florida, but, no doubt, he will understand. He is that kind of guy.

Tami, great workouts! I am glad your BFF and you can share your experiences right now. I know exactly what you are saying about your DH being sympathetic but not quite understanding because that is exactly how mine was. Yay for the return of Friday spin!

Laurie, great workouts.....even if you did copy Tami. ;):) We had to pull our garden out this past weekend after a few nights of frost. Even covered they just didn’t handle those cold temperatures well. So we never got any tomatoes this year. But we have more than enough cucumbers to make up for it. :) Still feel like I need to be watering plants each night though! I am definitely off-loading some winter stuff even though we are now going to Alabama. DH, though, is going to be making some trips back up here so......he gets to hold on to his. Me....if there is snow, I will just stay home. :D

Thelma, glad you enjoyed your workout despite having to talk yourself into doing it again. And yay for going heavier! I will be so anxious to hear how your trip goes next week. We will be even closer to you now.....just a few hours away! I think we are going to try to buy in Alabama where we had decided to rent in Florida. Houses are more affordable in Alabama and, economically, without taking that hit of paying for the move (we were quoted $25,000 for it yesterday!), we will be in a much better place financially to buy again. But we’ll make that decision when we visit two weeks from now.

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout this a.m. so tomorrow I will do my Lower Body Blast Leg workout, I was truly looking forward to it too darn it. :( Just hit the snooze for some extra zzzz’s (again). Tonight after work I will head to Spinning.

Thelma: Great job with your workout! Don’t you love it when you talk yourself into it and then you feel even better when it’s over. Thank you for the link to that wagon . . . that is so cute. I could just see me going down the road with that. Pulling him along. I really think if I bought one of the bike buggy’s like I saw on Amazon it would be a perfect scenario. I could get in an excellent workout and take Bernie with me. When we were at an area he could run freely I would let him out and then back in (to avoid any aches and pains or too far). LOL I would love find a used one just in case he doesn’t like it though. A flat wagon like the one in the picture I could see him bailing off of constantly.

Laurie: I love it when that happens and one or several of us do the exact same combo! Great minds think alike is often how Laurel says it so nicely! Way to go. Sounds like an enjoyable time out in the gardens . . . Fall is seriously right around the corner. This a.m. I was actually cold when I got up and wore a thin down vest to work this a.m. WHAT!?!?

Laurel: Love the combo you did! Way to work and the Spinning add-on is perfect. I know I have mentioned it before but Leg day is always nice to have Spinning follow or for me later that day. Hopefully next Wednesday I will GET UP. WOW! What a roller coaster of emotions you must be going through but I am thrilled to hear you are so happy about this brand “new” news! Congrats to your DH, that is wonderful. YAHOO, love it when things work out for the best. You will still get the opportunity to leave before winter there in AK right?

Have a great evening ladies, talk to you tomorrow ;) Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was XT CBS w/u, Metabolic Total Body Basic #7 Muscle Meltdown Chest X4, Jessica Smith Hiit, stretch. I did all 4 sets with 15lb dumbbells. Cathe used 12 lbs

Laurie, great job with your workouts and with weeding!! I don't know if the hurricane will affect Blue Ridge but I'm sure they'll get some rain. It is raining pretty hard here tonight!

Laurel, great workouts! OMG, I can't believe you're moving to Alabama!!! So very happy for you! We'll definitely be closer now.
    How wonderful that your DH was given a promotion and a paid move!!!!

Tami, your body needs rest. It's OK to have skipped the workout.
    It really is great to talk oneself into working out. If you can get a bike buggy that would be a better workout for you. I saw some bike buggies last night online and they were very expensive. I hope you get something to take Bernie out for walks/rides.
    A used buggy would be ideal for sure. I wonder if you can find something on eBay or Craig's list.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I stayed late after work yesterday and totally forgot to go out with my gf's. I didn't put the reminder in my phone. :p Oh well, I was seriously tired yesterday, had to rearrange a stockroom. You know when men complain about the amount of clothes/shoes that we have. Well men hoard at work! Seriously hoard stupid things, and they don't want to give them up. >:) I was dirty, stinky and tired so it probably was for the best that I didn't hang out with the girls. :D This morning I tried out Cardio HiiT from Jessica's Strong 3, what a great workout. This is going to be in my rotation quite often. I followed that up with ICE MM Biceps, and was going to failure on the last round.

Laurel, Oh my work on the quick change of states to move to!!!! Awesome news, I'm so happy for the both of you. WOW on the price of that move, so glad to hear that the company will pay for the move. I'm guessing that your DH is doing a great job and they don't want to lose him. Great workout combos! Dang on the tomatoes, but having cucumbers is awesome. That is one of my favorite veggies. Hope that you find a great place to live in AL. I'm sure that you will have your veggies growing like crazy. Now all you have to watch out for are reptiles. :p

Tami, Dang on the workout, sometimes we just need that extra sleep. Hopefully your spin class was a good one. We are now in the 50's in the mornings, so we are in the take a sweater to work in the mornings and have bare arms walking out of the building afterward. I'm sure that I will have to do some clean up in the gardens in October, but I just wanted to get ahead of the game. Can't resist the outdoors right now. The only real problem are the wasps. When I was pulling some weeds, there where wasp walking on top of the ground. I've gotten bit so many times by ground wasps that I really don't enjoy it at all. ;)

Thelma, Awesome job with the workout, and using heavier weight than Cathe. Upping those weights really makes a huge difference in those push-ups. I will cross my fingers that you have a fairly rain free vacation.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Started my workout today with MM Biceps x4. Then, for cardio, I did another new-to-me Cathe Live workout called Blasts, Barre and Bands. I expected this workout to be split into 3 sections like the title, but it wasn’t. It was a circuit workout of five sets of about six exercises—three cardio moves, one compound move with light weight, a barre move and then upper body moves with bands and/or light weight. It was really good and surprisingly tough. And, even better, this will be a great travel workout because the weight used (5#) is not really necessary. So it can be done with a chair and a band. Love that! And later today I will finish my workout with the last mowing of the lawn for the season.....well, actually, forever for us! :)

Tami, glad you are still giving your body some extra rest when it needs it. Definitely love my leg and spin days! I keep staring at my spin cycle wondering how to get it into my car for the drive to Alabama. :o I think my DH may not think that wise. :D We are still expecting to leave here on Halloween, which should get us into Huntsville on November 9. We will definitely have to keep our eye on the weather because I expect the roads up here to be iced over when we leave, but am hoping nearer to central Canada they clear up. But, then again, I read they had snow in the mountains by Calgary last night so we will see. It could take us longer than those 10 days if the weather is too bad. :#

Thelma, great job with that chest workout! That is great with 15#!

Laurie, sounds like a nasty day at work yesterday! I can see where maybe it best you missed your get together with your friends. I think I would want a long, hot shower after that kind of day. And so true about men and hoarding. My DH is far more reluctant to get rid of things than me, always saying ‘I may need that one day’. But, of course, he would never be able to find it if he needed it! :s Yes, this company DH works for seems to really want to keep him. He doesn’t shy away from hard work, that’s for sure. Yes, I am thinking I will have to learn about a whole new set of bugs and creatures in Alabama. We had our share in Florida, no doubt, but I think central Alabama may beat it. :o

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was another fun class. She did “endurance” training style of ride and it was great. This a.m. was my leg workout I missed yesterday, Ice Lower Body. Planning on Chest tomorrow and then Bis/Tri’s Sat a.m. with a cardio to catch up with you all. Most likely tonight will be a short walk with Bernie.

Thelma: Fabulous job with your workouts and going up in weights! I always go a lot heavier than Cathe for these MM workouts; especially since it is more of a traditional workout for our rotation vs. an “add-on”. Thank you so much for your support with the extra sleep. I am truly trying to be gentle on myself about it. I might look on either of those. I mentioned it to a guy at Spinning last night since he has one and he said he would keep his eyes/ears open for me.

Laurie: Sounds like a long day at work! You are a hard worker. Funny about the guys being hoarders. I think my DH is the same way. His whole shop is for “what if I need another one of these” moments. LOL I know he thinks I hang onto shoes/purses and workout clothes though, so I try not to tease him too much. LOL Way to go with your JS #3 Cardio HiiT + Bi’s.

Laurel: Awesome combo on the workout! That Blasts, Barre and Bands sounds AMAZING!! Glad it can be a great travel workout as well. Yay on your last mowing of the season (aka: ever). Thank you as well for the kudos on my extra sleep, as I mentioned to Thelma, I am trying to be a little more gentle on myself. Mental + physical tireds are exhausting. That is going to be some drive. Will be good when you get out of the icy areas forsure.

Have a great night ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was a low impact Jessica Smith workout. I was really tired.

Laurie, OMG on the hoarding at work. We have one of those guys at work. Women hoard notebooks, stickies, and pens! I'm one of them!
    At home, I'm definitely the hoarder. I am now a recovering hoarder with all the purging I'm been doing though! LOL
    Great workouts! You're making me want to get those Jessica Smith workouts!
    So far it looks like we will have good weather next Thursday. The forecast says 30% showers which is great for that area. 50% rain next Friday though. My rain jacket and umbrella will be packed!!

Laurel, awesome workouts! I love the sound of that Barre/bands workout! Congrats on having mowed that lawn for the last time!
    Sorry about your tomatoes though! Just imagine what kind of tomatoes you'll have next year! I wonder if I'll be able to have a garden with all the wildlife we'll have around us.
    So glad you're not moving till Halloween. At least you'll have more time to pack than just a few weeks! I hope you don't run into too many iced roads.

Tami, great job with those workouts! Allowing yourself the extra rest when needed will be really good for you. How is your sister doing?
    I hope Bernie enjoyed his walk! I hope you're able to find a set of wheels for Bernie.

Good night ladies and have a wonderful weekend!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Another long day at work, but getting so much done to improve the stockrooms around here. This morning was GHUTV Kickboxing Cardio 3 and ICE MM Triceps. We have our annual fall car show this weekend, it is really close to our house so I don't need to travel far. Should be a fun time.

Laurel, Love the sound of that workout, and great job on the MM workout also. Nice that you are finding some workouts that you can use when traveling too. I'm so glad to hear that my DH and all the guys here are normal. I'm only hoarding crafty things at home. I don't have toys from my childhood, like someone who will remain unnamed. Cough Cough DH! :D LOL about the bugs and creatures, that would be a challenge for me to handle. We only have four legged creatures to deal with.

Tami, Great job on the workout, hope that you are able to get all caught up. Nice that you had a good spin class also. Just have to say that I smile when I see that pic of Bernie, that is so cute. We have to do some de-cluttering this winter. Those faire clothes need to have something done with them. We don't need all the leftover fabric etc.

Thelma, Nice job on the workout, it's what worked for you. Those JS workout are good ones, I was surprised at the intensity of the workout, she usually doesn't go higher impact. Of course her mom is always doing the low impact option. Yep pack that rain coat, it will not rain if you do that. :D

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I was feeling oh so very tired this morning. I even told DH that I was going to stay in bed.....only to get up so I could talk to him about plane tickets to Alabama. I feel asleep last night while he was booking our house hunting trip. :o Oops! Anyhow, he booked the trip just fine without me. :) Anyhow, I wasn’t sure what kind of workout I wanted to do today, so I did a fun mix that ended up raising my energy levels a bit, which is good! I started with MM Triceps x4 followed by Icy Core One. Then, for cardio, I did the cardio section from Cathe Live Summer 2016 Kickoff, which is a very unique blend of kickboxing (with gloves) and Athletic Training (the step part). I couldn’t decide between step and kickboxing, and this was a perfect combo. Then I added on Cathe Live Power Step for a total 60 minute cardio workout. Good stuff.

So looking at the calendar, I think I am going to move on from the one body part rotation starting tomorrow. I will have just about enough time before we move to do that Split Session rotation I talked about doing last week. Even now I will have to condense it a bit. But I really want to give it a try. If it ends up being too much (because the workouts will be longer), I may have to shelve it for a later date. But, again, I at least want to give it a try and try to do a full rotation of it.

Tami, sounds like a good spinning class. Is the ‘endurance’ spinning a lot of drills where you hold a steady pace? Just curious. My favorite parts of spin class are the climbs. I am not so good on speed. B) Anyhow, great workouts. Hope you get a chance to enjoy some short walks with Bernie this weekend.

Thelma, another good workout after another tough day. I imagine you will be able to garden in Blue Ridge, but you will probably need to rabbit and deer proof. Rabbits are crafty little critters, though, so you will definitely need to do something to keep them away.

Laurie, I forgot to mention the JS Cardio HiiT workout you did. I think that is the only workout on that cardio disc I have done, but, like you said, it was surprisingly tough. Again, Jessica just has a very smart way of making her workouts gentle but tough. I did that one for a ‘light’ workout, and it was definitely more than I expected. So glad you are enjoying those workouts. Anyhow, I can’t believe your DH has childhood toys still! My DH hoards tools, extension cords and all things electronic, t-shirts and shoes. Of course, I have my share of things I suppose.....like workout DVDs, workout shoes, workout clothes.... B):p .

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. I didn't do any purging this week. I was just so tired! I did get everything I need to take for our trip ready. I just have to pack my clothes which I won't do until the last moment. On Friday I did Muscle Meltdown Triceps X4, Saturday Jessica Smith low impact, tonight XT CBS w/u, ICE Muscle Meltdowns Back X3 and Chest X3, Stretch

I did two muscle meltdowns X3 because of our trip in the middle of the week. I hope to be able to do Bi's & Tri's tomorrow and shoulders on Tue. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a little workout on Wed.

Laurie, great job with your workouts and at work with the stockrooms! I hope you had a great time at the car show.

So funny about your DH still having childhood toys. My grandmother had my umbilical cord and I believe some baby teeth too. LOL
    OMG, I just checked the price on those JS workouts and ouch! I'll stick with youtube! I will pack the raincoat for sure!

Laurel, sorry you were so tired but good for you for getting up and working out. Great workouts too!! Wow!
    When are you going to Alabama?

In early September you said you wanted to move to this rotation:
    I am going to do six weeks of split sessions and total body workouts. I think my weeks will look something like:

Sunday: lower body (light or no weight) and cardio
    Monday: upper body split (for example, a workout of chest, shoulders and triceps or triceps and biceps or any such combination of 2-3 upper body parts. Examples would be XT Discs 1 and 2, LIHI workouts, Gym Style workouts, etc)
    Tuesday: lower body
    Wednesday: upper body split (the other upper body parts not worked on Monday)
    Thursday: cardio and yoga
    Friday: Metabolic or Total Body workout

Is this still the case Laurel? I am doing muscle meltdowns this week but not even sure what week we're on right now.

I think it will be very challenging to have a vegetable garden in GA with all those critters!

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies and have a wonderful week!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Didn't get in a workout on Saturday, we where up early and out the door to the car show. It was a great show and we had hot weather. On Sunday I got in Ripped in 30 Level 1 and MM Back. This morning was Jessica Walk Strong Cardio Party and MM Shoulders. I'm going to do some stretching after work tonight since I missed it on Saturday.

Laurel, Sounds like a great combo of workouts, and of course getting in the two variations in one workouts. I think that is why I like Kelly's Stepboxing so much. I get my kickboxing fix and some light cardio. Do what you need to do for your schedule, totally understand. I'm doing an experiment this week by trying out the Ripped in 30 workouts more often. I haven't incorporated Jillian into my rotation, and I remember them really working well for short workouts. LOL about the Jessica workout, I was thinking the same thing about it being a lite workout and was surprised while doing it. I'm going to be incorporating Jessica/Jillian and Kelly for the rotation you are heading into. Kelly has a wonderful split workout and only 30 min. long. His mom was the one that actually kept all their toys, and then gave them to him after we where married. Well by that time, he saved them for the son that he never had. ;)

Thelma, Awesome job on all the workouts! Good thinking on getting in your workouts prior to heading on vacation. I'm unsure what week we are on also, but I think it is 3. One of the things that they are now saying you should keep, are your kids baby teeth. It is an expensive set, I purchased it at the beginning of her sale so got it for less. I also use the digital download, so can take it with me on vacations.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. The weather Saturday was pretty good and this was supposed to be the last weekend of fall colors, so we hit the golf course. It was very quiet and the colors were absolutely beautiful. I am not looking forward to naked trees soon, but it will only be temporary! :) Yesterday was rainy, so we did some work around the house preparing for moving.

On Saturday I started the new rotation with Cathe Live Long and Sculpted Legs. This was a non-weighted leg workout using the gliding discs, a chair (for barre) and stability ball. It wasn’t brutal, but tough enough I felt it yesterday for sure. For yoga, I did Jessica’s Yoga for Back Pain. For upper body work during these six weeks, I settled on doing the XTrain workouts, so yesterday I did XT Chest, Back and Shoulders and XTrain Core 1. Love this workout so much! For cardio, I did the Ultra Cardio premix from Drill Max. Today, for lower body, I did Cathe Live Cross Train Lower Body Live. This is my first time through with this workout, and it is nothing like the XTrain lower body workouts. It included cardio, heavier weights (12# and 15#), some barre work and a tough core section with the stability ball. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Pedal Max Live.

Thelma, I am glad you let yourself take the weekend off from all that work you have been doing around your house. Purging is tough work! Great workouts, and love how you are working in your trip days. This is the third week of the Muscle Meltdown workouts, so just one more week after this one. I did move on to that rotation you posted, though. We have just a little over five weeks until we move out of the house, and I really wanted to get this rotation in if I could. Like I said, even as is, I will have to condense it a bit. We are going to Alabama next Tuesday night (a week from tomorrow). DH’s new boss recommended a realtor, so we have been in contact with her already. I am very encouraged by how responsive she has been so far.

Laurie, I am glad the car show went well. Hot weather sounds so good right about now! Great workouts as well. I like the sound of your plan moving forward. Looks like it would be a great blend of work workouts between those three instructors.

Tami, hope you enjoyed your weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a nice weekend, quiet . . . no work . . . workouts and cleaning out my side of the closet!
    So Friday after work I headed to the Friday night Spin, which was very small class but perfect. Headed home for dinner and a movie with Bernie. Saturday I did ICE Metabolic Total Body + MM Tri’s and then yesterday I did MM Back + Lift It HiiT It Back w/ finishers for a “x4” option for the Back workout. Also, yesterday was our annual Susan B Komen Cancer Walk with the office and of course this year held an entirely new meaning to it for me. Even wore my Mom’s name in Memory Of on my back. It went good and the weather held out since it was pouring rain at 5 a.m. I wondered but was going to do it no matter what. Today’s workout is going to be BootCamp after work with Katy.

Thelma: Great job getting in your workout on Friday despite the tired’s ….. Also this weekend sounds like you got your MM’s in as well. Way to work! Love the notebooks, stickies and pens hoarding ( I could easily be one of those too). Love that stuff! I actually buy my own pens because I love how certain ones write. LOL So sweet to ask about my sister. She seems to be doing really good. Recovering from the caretaker role and getting to the “tread water” position at work vs. being underneath wondering when she can come up for air. LOL She did have her first work trip to New York last Thursday and is traveling home today. We are staying in touch every day still and leaning on one another. Which feels really nice. She sounds good when I talk to her but I also know she will try to be strong for me no matter what, so I am really listening closely and asking her stuff to know I am here for her too. Bernie did enjoy a few short walks this weekend and just hanging out with me. Thank you for posting what is coming up and/or what you are doing. I was thinking of that yesterday and thought, I better look back to find what is coming up. Looking forward to it & glad I am back with you ladies. My teammates.

Laurie: Excellent workouts! Sounds like you had a really nice time at the car show and great weather! That’s wonderful. Good job with your MM workouts plus add-ons as well. The de-cluttering was nice to get done in our closet since DH had already did his side. It still isn’t like “Martha Stewart” picturesque looking but that’s ok. I will be able to go through it again and organize a little easier now anyway. I love that pic of Bernie too. He was resting his head on the foot portion of the recliner, wondering if DH was going to share something with him. LOL He does that often when DH is sitting there.

Laurel: Fabulous job with the workout on Friday and throughout the weekend! Love hearing about your combos. Those live workouts continue to sound fabulous! Great plan starting up the Split Session rotation. The endurance spinning is definitely holding a steady pace … doing sprints, stand up sprints on a small hill, sit and climb, sprint again, climb again and repeat. So it is kind of non-stop with short rests between. I love doing those because it goes by fast because you are busy constantly. Depending on what format she does for hills I do enjoy them. Another instructor that fills in does hills ALL THE TIME and luckily her music is good but it doesn’t go by very fast. LOL I was able to get in a couple of walks with Bernie. If he could handle the 5K Cancer walk I would have taken him but I think that would have been a little much for him. Several dogs were at the walk …. In pink tu-tu’s.

Have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was XT BTs w/u, ICE Muscle Meltdowns Triceps X3 and Biceps X3, Stretch. I really didn't want to workout tonight. Long day at work and I was tired. My muscles also felt tired but I did it AND I went with the heavier weights I used last week. I thought I might have to reduce the weights give I was tired and I that I was doing 2 MM's. I was glad to be able to finish the 6 sets!

We are expecting serious rain tomorrow. I don't know if this is Florence making her final turn to the North East.

We are going to see 9 houses and one foundation! LOL. One of the houses is just a foundation but they post pictures of what it will be when done. We want to see the lot just in case.

Laurie, great workouts! Glad you had a great time at the car show!
    We are definitely are on week 3. I am glad I'm getting my workouts out of the way now too because it will be a very sedentary trip.
    I'm going to stick to doing Jessica's YouTube workouts!
    I can't remember if I kept my umbilical cord and baby teeth. I know we went through my grandmother's things when she passed but I think this is an earlier memory.

Laurel, glad you had good weather over the weekend and were able to hit the golf course! Can you imagine how much golf you'll be able to play soon?

Great workouts! That Cathe Live XT lower body workout sounds really good!
    I really needed to take a break from the purging process. I actually wouldn't have taken a break if DH hadn't said we'd probably be here till next June given the project he's working on now. On Sunday I question our new departure date and DH said we didn't really have to wait if the house sells. Oh well!

Thanks for confirming what week we're on! I'll stick with the Muscle Meltdowns for the 4 weeks.
    OMG, last week when you said you were moving around Halloween it sounded like you had plenty of time to pack. Now that you put it in weeks it's right around the corner! Like Laurie said do what you need to do with your schedule for now.
    I'm glad your realtor sounds good and that you're going to Alabama next week! The fact that she is very responsive is a great sign. The one I found online is also very responsive. I sent her a file with 12 houses last night and this morning she replied with comments on each of the houses. Things like the type of road such as narrow, paved/not paved. Does the house really have a view? How close is it to a certain highway? So far I'm very impressed. All day long I went back and forth with her via email. This helped us narrow the list down from 12 to 9 houses. She will be with us all day on Thursday starting at 9 am.

How do you pack your weights? What kind of container? I have a lot of weights and DH said he didn't know how we'd pack them.

Tami, glad you had a nice quiet weekend with no work! Great workouts and glad you spent quality time with Bernie! Good for you for doing the Susan B Komen Cancer Walk! I bet it was very emotional.
    The office supply hoarding thing is bad. I go crazy over the colored stickies in different sizes! LOL. Every once in a while I put a big stash back into the supply cabinet! LOL

So glad your sister is doing really good, and that you are in touch on a daily basis to support each other. Good idea t listen to her carefully to make sure you catch any clues that may tell you she needs extra support!
    No problem on posting the next rotation. If I didn't copy all that stuff to a file I would never remember anything!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I got in a short yoga workout yesterday with Chris Freytag. Only 20 min. but it was good. This morning I got up late, so only had time for Ripped in 30 Level 1, and I will do a leg workout after work. Really not sure what workout I want to try out yet.

Laurel, Wow on those workouts, I got tired just reading all that you did. Sounds like you are enjoying creating and trying out your combos. Right now we are getting some much needed relief from the heat, we have rain storms right now. It is very nice when you get a realtor that is on top of things. When we sold a house in the past we had one that wasn't very good, and then we changed realtors. The house sold within days of being listed with them. We have four houses in our neighborhood that are up for sale, and only one seems to be getting looks. They are with a known company, the others are with this company that seems to not have realtors. :p We are just starting to see fall colors, but our walnut tree is dropping fruit like crazy.

Tami, Great job on the workouts, your back really got a good one. Nice that the weather held out for your walk. Can't imagine what you went through during the walk, it had to be tough. DH and I have to declutter our closet also, will be a project for the winter. His work shirt collection has to be weeded out. Rocket does the same thing when DH is in his recliner. That is the place where DH snacks, so those pleading eyes are on him all the time.

Thelma, Great job getting your workouts done, and keeping with the weight. I'm sure that was tough when you are tired. I hope that the rain isn't to bad for all of you, I'm sure that the hurricane is slowly making it's way toward all of you. Sounds like a solid plan to stick with the Jessica youtube workouts, they are very very good also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XT Disc 2/Biceps and Triceps. For cardio, I did the High/Low Intervals workout from Cathe’s Hardcore Extreme DVD. That one felt pretty tough today, which I think I needed. :p This trying to eat up some of the food in the house right now is catching up with me.....and not in a good way. :o:)

Tami, I am glad you enjoyed your weekend. I so admire you for doing the cancer walk! What a great way to remember your mom. I am glad to hear your sister is doing well and that you are able to lean on each other. I have no idea what my life would be like without my sisters. Great workouts! That back workout combo sounds tough! Thank you for the explanation on the endurance spin. Since I only do Cathe spinning, I often wonder what other instructors do differently. Someday I may brave a live spin class because I would think (with the right music) the energy would really inspire me.

Thelma, great workouts! So glad you have narrowed down your house choices but still have enough to give you a lot of options. Yes, our move is going to be here very quickly. We are having our pre-inspection with the movers this Thursday. :o I am not panicking quite yet, but I also know once we get back from Alabama, October is going to fly. Weights and moving......well, to be honest, I carry my dumbbells in our cars. If I didn’t do that, I would wrap the dumbbells in cardboard or something to keep them from rolling around. On one of our moves, the movers did not secure my dumbbells, and they moved so much they chewed right through the big crate they were in. The good thing is that they were in that crate with just tools and garage supplies. But if they had been in with our furniture :o . I also would wrap my barbell plates in cardboard to keep them from flying around as well. Make sure they are well marked as weights though! We have had some movers try to do too much with weights and it was not good....and that was when they were packing them! So since you are packing, mark them as heavy and maybe even indicate how heavy they are.....just to protect yourself. B) And, yes, we are both so looking forward to being able to play more golf! I have missed it quite a bit being up here.

Laurie, great job getting your workouts in. I really am trying to push myself a bit right now in my workouts since I know I am going to have at least a month coming up where working out is going to be a challenge. One of my least favorite things about moving is how it disrupts my workouts. :D It was definitely nice to get a recommendation on a realtor in Huntsville because, like you, around here you can really see who is trying to sell houses and who isn’t. Some go very quickly and others have been on the market forever. So fingers crossed we can find a home in a couple of days and start that purchase process off before we come back to Alaska. Our leaves are almost gone, but the fun thing is we should actually have some fall colors in Alabama when we get there in November. That should make Thanksgiving actually feel like Thanksgiving and not ‘early Christmas’ like here.....or ‘a really big summer meal’ in Florida. ;)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great BC class last night. It was 8 rounds of I think 4 exercises done a minute each. So it would be weight + weight + cardio + ab. It was pretty full last night and will continue to be because Biggest Loser started on Saturday. Today is MM “Shoulders” + Blizzard Blast. I am headed home after work so I may add-on something.

Thelma: Great job with your Tri & Bi Workout combo. Again, good on you for pushing through despite not wanting too. So funny with the colored stickies! We only have yellow unless every once and a while the colored ones show up and I of course grab a couple! LOL I am going to make sure my sister and I actually talk on the phone once a week too ….. instead of just texting. She gets so busy and I know as time goes on she will fall back into that, so I will just continue to call.

Laurie: Excellent job on the Yoga …. 20 min is more than what I have done in a while for yoga. Good job with the Leg workout this a.m. as well. I enjoyed adding in that section for the BACK workout, it created some different moves + an extra burn at the end. Love that.

Laurel: It is really great you guys are getting so much help from your Realtor. The good ones can really take the stress load off forsure where looking is concerned and knowing your wants/needs. Fingers crossed you find just the right one! Fantastic job again with your combos in the workouts! Thank you for he kudos on my walk ….. it felt really great to do it. My sister and I both talked how much we will always lean on one another, especially now. I don't want her to ever feel the pressure though to "be ok" for me and not be sad. She tried to really hold things back and after she talked to me a lot I think she felt better. That back workout was perfect! I really enjoyed adding that variety to the “Muscle Meltdown”. I think if you ever have a chance to try a LIVE Spin class you would enjoy it. I have done many with lots of instructors and the music can really make the difference but also the format.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was XT CBSs w/u, ICE Muscle Meltdowns Shoulders X3, Stretch.
    I had a horrible day at work. It'll be a miracle if I can last till the end of the year. The rumors about what will happen after my boss leaves are not good and I believe are true. So we've decided to hold off on buying another house for now. Seems more and more like DH is going to go straight into plan B = the traveling job. He is thinking of accelerating this process and that scares me.
    I'm sad and in shock about work but I'm glad I'm finding these things out now. Perfect timing before our house shopping trip I think.

I am hoping to be able to get a little cardio in before we have to leave for the airport. I'm working 1/2 day tomorrow from home.

Laurie, great job getting your workouts in! A 20-minute yoga workout sounds perfect!
    The rain and loud thunder were pretty bad today. The forecast said it was going to rain all day but thankfully that wasn't the case. Jessica's youtube workouts are good. So thankful you introduced her to me!

Laurel, fabulous combo today! OMG, I hadn't thought about having to eat up the food in the house before the move! I'm a food hoarder too! My grandmother used to buy things when on sale and stock up. We even have a freezer in the basement with food! We already started to eat all that stuff. DH loves Skippy peanut butter and that I think is the only thing he hoards! When that stuff is on sale he takes a backup to the store and fills it up! LOL. That is his go-to snack and eats it out of the jar with a spoon.

What is a moving inspection? Is this to determine how big of a truck and how many movers they will need? I don't know if we could take my weights in our cars. Maybe the Bowflex set though. Great advice on how to pack the weights. I had thought of putting the plates and dumbbells in those old-fashioned hard plastic milk crates. I need to find those crates though.

Tami, I'm glad you enjoyed your killer BC class! Great workouts!
    I thought you only got the biggest loser crowd at the beginning of the year but I can see how the show is inspiring. Definitely a great idea to talk on the phone with your sister. My sister got married last month and didn't even invite me. That hurt for sure because I've done nothing but help her always. So I did question her because I just couldn't figure out what I had done to deserve that. She said she was sorry to have hurt me, but she was depressed because her oldest girl joined the military and knows she's going through a hard time so her heart is breaking for her. So she said it wasn't me, it was her and needs time. I don't deal well with situations like this. My first instinct is to back off. She won't be hearing for me any time soon. So Tami, cherish your relationship with your sister! Make time for that phone call!

I started taking my things home today and put a lot of stuff in the supply cabinet! I think I'm a recovering hoarder. A co-worker saw all the stuff I was putting in the supply cabinet or things that I gave to him. So he asked me "is your picture next to pack rat in the dictionary?" LOL

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma