Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kelly's 30MTF Sculpting Rx Workout 1. This one is a superset workout, and I went as heavy as possible. ;)

Laurel, Nice job on your workouts, and getting that walk in. We had pouring rain this morning, so no walk. Our sump pump was going off every 5 minutes, so you know it was a large amount of rain at one time. :D I wish that our governor would loosen up our state, we don't have many cases and the hospitals are shutting down their testing tents. Oh that is some nice warm weather, and I hope that you get a lot of your yard work done. Love that you are enjoying the variety of workouts, and getting in the great heavy weight work.

Tami, Glad that you where able to get online during your lunch break. I love that you where able to visit with friends and keep the social distancing. Great job on your workouts! Nice that you could reschedule the ride with your nephew. Are you going to continue scheduling rides after once things get a little more normal? How nice that your DH is cooking for you. I have to make sure that I call my mom tonight, just didn't have the time yesterday after I got home from work. Are you breaking into your stash of salmon during all of this? There is only one store that I trust to purchase salmon around here, and I have not had an opportunity to go there yet. But I have been craving salmon these last few weeks. ;)

Erika, I hope all works well for you with the new manager. You never know for sure what you get when those type of changes happen. Great job on your STS workout. I'm wondering how long it will take for any of the classes to resume, and how many people they will allow to participate in them. Some of the classes that I have taken have a lot of elderly women in them. Of course I have seen a lot of older adults out and about when I get off of work also, so if they are willing to take the chance then I guess that is their choice. ;)

Thelma, More and more awesome news on your Uncle. :) Great job on your workouts! How nice that your friends brought you the take out. Sometimes it is just nice to have something that you didn't have to cook. There is one restaurant in our area that gives you all the ingredients to make your meal. I think that is a brilliant idea, and wonder if this is something that they can continue to practice. Good news on the new stain, we will have to have our house painted this year. So a new roof and paint. I think that our state could have done the same as SD, and maybe shut down areas that had outbreaks. We have one county that had an outbreak in the meat packing plants, so now that area should be extra cautious. They are now allowing dog groomers to start up again, so Rocket will be able to get a bath again. :D Oh yes DH is a really good sewer, but he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps followed by Cathe Live Rock It Sock It. Today was one of those days where I got up tired, probably due to a change in weather. So I had to really talk myself into my workout. But during my workout.....I felt super strong. I went heavier than Cathe throughout, and it felt great. That’s when I know my tired feeling is mental! Clouds=tired. :D

Tami, sounds like a busy week. It must have been so nice to see friends again. I am really beginning to miss human interaction now. Yesterday during our walk we ran into a couple moving in to a new house, and how I wanted to stop and chat and introduce ourselves....but we all just waved and said ‘hi’ and ‘welcome’ and moved on. It felt weird, but I suppose we need to get used to it. You made me laugh when you said you prefer cooking DH to panicked DH. No doubt! I am far less panicky than I was and have actually been able to sleep again....which definitely makes my DH’s life better too. I am not nearly as cranky. B);)

Erika, I hope everything works out with the new changes with work. Great job with STS and lifting so heavy. Bet it feels good after all the years since doing the series that you are still as fit. Such a great accomplishment. I really appreciated our governor’s approach to opening. She took the Federal government’s recommendations for the phased re-opening and explained why Alabama is not yet able to implement the Phase One re-opening yet. She had health experts speak and she had a church leader speak (because, after all, this is Alabama :) ), but with the emphasis being on why it isn’t healthy to open churches yet. Everything about the approach actually appeared like they have a plan with a focus on health AND re-opening businesses, which I really appreciate. And, honestly, in these two weeks before they offer a new assessment, we may start to see what is going to happen in neighboring states like Tennessee and Georgia and, also, what happens to our counties bordering those states (I live in one bordering Tennessee) due to the broader re-openings in those states. Lots of people go to Tennessee and Georgia from Alabama to play the lottery, so......we will know more in two weeks I suppose.

Thelma, great workouts! I am so glad you enjoyed your meal and seeing your friends. Like you, I wonder how long isolation can really work. I think I will be fine for another month or so, but even introvert, homebody me is wanting to put on real clothes and go do something.....anything.....else right about now. :D But I also want to see what happens with these re-openings before I do anything. DH is still supposed to go to Alaska in June, and so whatever we do has to keep in mind that, right now, he needs to keep healthy. But we’ll see if that trip happens. Alaska is still quarantining everybody who comes into the state for two weeks, and if that does not change, he won’t be going. And his company is also very protective of its employees, so if they don’t think it safe to travel, he won’t. Such good news on your uncle! I really hope they can remove the tube soon so he can get out of ICU and talk to your aunt.

Laurie, great workout! Hope you were able to get your walk in this morning. DH is at work, so no walk for us today....yet. We may try to go for one this evening if it has stopped raining. I definitely agree that some states probably didn’t need statewide closures and wish more decisions were left up to local leaders. I am hoping that future closures (and I do think we will be in and out of these phases for awhile) take into consideration a few more things than they did the first time. Hopefully we will learn something from these re-openings about where cases come from (for example, most new cases involved people who did not wear a mask or most cases came from gatherings or whatever) so that the next orders are more made to address the weaknesses in protections than just shutting everything down.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Beginner Gentle yoga, BB Build Shoulders and Revive and Restore Yoga.
    I am loving the yoga classes with the instructor who teaches Ashtanga and "Revive and Restore'. She has become my favorite yoga instructor. I've been doing yoga all this time but it was just a workout class, this lady is making me love yoga and especially practicing at the end of the day. I've been observing this instructor and another one do their chaturanga and I think today I finally nailed full plank chaturanga, TWICE! I was so happy!

My uncle remains stable. The doctor who called with today's update said that he was concerned with my uncle's brain. Of course, my cousin who took the call didn't ask why the doctor felt that way. I don't know why he said that because all the other doctors tell my aunt that he is more alert. The other thing is that he can't talk or move much, so he can't communicate. My cousin also forgot to ask about the tube! My aunt is now all worried and scared about my uncle do to the possible brain issue. She got a surprise video call but she wasn't able to enjoy it because she's so worried. I didn't even ask what his reaction was this time around!

My aunt had to go out today for the first time in 2 months. She needed to get a letter from her doctor for her insurance company. Things work totally different there. My first thought was, why didn't the doctor send it himself? She said the streets were deserted.

We're getting lots of rain and wind tonight but I heard that we will be in the low 80's on Sunday!

Laurie, great workout and yaaayyy! for going as heavy as possible!
    It really was awesome to eat the food we didn't have to cook. I do miss going out to our favorite restaurants. This restaurant calls the daily dinner dish a meal kit, but they cook everything for you and you just put the aluminum trays in the oven to warm the food up.
    I hope you find a good company to do paint your house and install the new roof. We lucked out with this team given that we're new here.
    I hope you guys will be able to lift those shelter at home restrictions soon. Rocket is waiting for his groomer like the humans are waiting for their hairstylists, well except for you lucky girl! LOL
    Why doesn't your DH want to sew anymore?

Laurel, great workout combo! You are so good about pushing yourself and I admire and envy you for that!
    I can't wait to see what happens here in GA in the next few weeks with the virus. I just want this virus to go away so we can see our friends again and feel free to go places. I hate missing all the country fairs. Everything has been canceled.
    If your DH is still going to Alaska he definitely needs to stay healthy. I'm so glad his company is protective of its employees!
    We hope that tube gets removed soon too. I think he will improve more once that happens.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another dull dreary rainy morning, but not enough rain to stop the walk. My workout was 30MTF Strong & Lean Workout 2, this one is kickboxing so I wore my weighted gloves.

Laurel, I hear you on the feeling in the morning, had that this morning also. Great job on your workouts, and bumping up the weight. Yep I agree with you on the closings in certain areas, and I probably will not be heading up north to visit my parents. Our area is in those hot zones, so I wouldn't want to be the one bringing the virus. But I know that other people will be flowing up north to go to their cabins, they just need to limit their venturing out to the stores. ;) That is probably the industry that is going to get hit the hardest with tourism. :/ I see people that are being asked to come back to work and they are all nervous. Of course I have been at work this whole time, so my attitude is a bit different than most people. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on your workout, and nice that you are getting the chaturanga. You are probably getting stronger and stronger, so it is making your chaturanga even better. When I was doing yoga everyday, I noticed that as my strength grew my chaturanga improved. I remember when my Dad had pneumonia and had a tube, the communication with him was very hard. I hope that the information is just from not asking the right questions. ;) Sounds like all of us are having the rain right now, and nice that your temps will be moving up to such a nice temp. I think that DH was burned out from making our outfits for faire, so he hasn't wanted to do anything since then. But yesterday I remembered that I had a really old sewing machine in a cabinet. See I actually have another two machines, but I never use them. The one I had DH pull the model number from yesterday was built around 1948, and it still runs. The body of the machine is made of cast iron. :o I informed him that it will sew leather, and now he is looking at sewing the seat belts for the car he is restoring. I just need to buy a few rubber parts for the machine today. The other sewing machine that I forgot about is a treadle sewing machine. That one is probably going to stay as it is for a while, until I have the time to teach myself all about it. ;) So from that question the day before, I guess I have four sewing machines. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Finally seeing the sun here after a dreary couple of days, so I'm feeling good today! Yesterday was STS #5 Back and Triceps. I am following the weights I marked down last time I did STS and apparently I went heavier in week 2, and then cut it back in week 3. Didn't think to look ahead to know that I shouldn't have gone up in weight...I was barely able to hit the 10-15 reps!

We have a big news conference today to determine if we will be opening any businesses starting Monday, as our stay at home order is set to expire Monday. I've got a feeling we'll move to a "safer at home" situation, but start opening some businesses (thank goodness).

Thelma, I'm happy about your uncle breathing on his own and I can see why the doctor would be cautious about his brain. That's a long time to be on oxygen (and possibly have some depletion of it), but I have a feeling it will just take time to regain normal functions. If he was receiving oxygen this whole time, I doubt there would be any damage there, but it does take awhile to "reawaken" functions that the brain controls...from what I've heard. Your food delivery from your friends sounds wonderful, how nice of them! I'm with you, I'm itching to get back out to eat/eat with friends, but most of the places we go around here are not even open for take out. I ventured to the grocery store for the first time in weeks and it wasn't too bad. Hopefully that continues! Great job on the workouts, especially those yoga ones that are so enjoyable for you!!

Laurie, great job on the KCM workout and pushing yourself! I love that we are all in heavy mode this week for weights! I'm sending some of our sunshine your way, I hope it makes it :) I think I missed a question from you the other day about our gardens and thought of it this morning when I was checking in on them. We have raised beds, so they are a 2.5' x 4.5' box on 3' legs. This means no critters or dogs can get to them! :)

Laurel, way to go on your Cathe workout and beating her out on weights! I have very few workouts with her where that happens, but I'm always so excited when it does. I found that her strong areas are my weak ones, but I can almost always beat her out in triceps...but she beats me by a landslide with shoulders! I'm keeping an eye on each state we are in to see how everything is going with re-opening things...I am very intrigued by this whole rollout and how it goes. I'm really hoping it goes well and am excited for people to get back to work (especially my dog groomer!)

Tami, I hope you are well!!!

Have a great day!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a good one. I did a 60 minute spin with Peloton and added on another 10 minute segment. Honestly, I felt I could go for 90 minutes today, if not longer. :o That rarely happens for me on the spin cycle, especially after a tough week of workouts. But I think I am just feeling the effects of having slept every night for nearly a week after a couple of months of getting one night of any measurable sleep a week. I followed the spin with a really good 30 minute yoga class with Kristin McGee.

Thelma, great workouts. I really hope the news on your uncle is a bit of a miscommunication and that your aunt gets some clarity soon. I would imagine being in an induced coma for as long as he was may be difficult to fully come out of. Hopefully he just needs a little time. I just saw today where Georgia has decided to allow teens to get their drivers licenses without a driving test. :o:o I would think if people can get a tattoo, they can administer a driving test, so that seemed a weird decision to me. I hope over the next few weeks, as I mentioned to Laurie yesterday, we figure what works and what doesn’t for going forward. It just all seems so inconsistent right now, especially today with Florida opening up (I haven’t read the specifics), and California, who is faring much better in terms of cases, has shut all parks and beaches. I think the inconsistency between areas is going to drive people crazy, and that is not good, especially when there is no real explanation.

Laurie, great workout. I am glad you got your walk in despite the rain. It poured buckets of rain here yesterday so even though DH got home early enough for a walk, we just couldn’t. Today as he was leaving for work, he told me he is going to work as long as he needs so he can stay home tomorrow and go for a walk! :) It makes me happy that he is enjoying these as much as I am. I have been thinking quite a bit about places that are dependent on tourism. Since DH is going there, one of the places I am thinking of is Alaska. Tourism is perhaps the biggest industry, maybe only eclipsed by oil. But, medically, there is no way Alaska can open itself up to a huge outbreak. So do they stop the 14 quarantine for tourists? Do they allow people to fly in but no cruise ships? I will be very curious what they end up doing. But there are so many places, from national parks to mountain towns to beach towns that will really be suffering this summer. It makes me sad.

Erika, great workout! We have glimpses of sunshine right now, which really does lift the spirits. And 80s this weekend!! I am SO ready for that. B) I hope you get some good information on your state’s re-opening plan. I, too, have been trying to pay attention to the different states, and as I mentioned to Thelma, it is kind of a hot mess. :# Hopefully you get some good information on what is opening when and why.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well yesterday was one of our “true” end of the month days of crazy busy that I talked to you all about. Today it is very calm ….. like before a storm maybe! :D Not sure if most of the transactions just recorded yesterday or what’s happening. Tomorrow may be a different story.

Workouts: Yesterday was BB Back/Bis + Peloton ride. Today I will be hopefully doing BB Legs when I get home. I am feeling really tired today. DH is still sleeping terrible so I think it is affecting me as well. His is due to the BP medicine the doctor has him on, still makes him cough eventhough he switched to a different one. At any rate …. We will see how I feel tonight after work.

Erika: Congrats on your continued success with STS and finding out you can still lift as heavy. I always love when I am revisiting my STS sheets or even Body Beast and see how heavy I lifted and I am still doing that. Sometimes I doubt myself but go for it and find out I still can. It’s a great feeling! That’s great your DH is cooking as well. Mine made homemade spaghetti last night. It was really good. What book are you reading? OMG I hope everything goes smoothly with your new manager. Can be a little challenging or super great, you just never know.

Thelma: Great news again on your uncle! YAY. Excellent job with your workouts and of course the Yoga. That is so fun you had food delivered from your friends. So kind of them. IT is nice to see friends isn’t it. I think one thing this whole experience should teach us all is to not take friendships/relationships for granted. Especially being able to see them and hang out at will. Will truly appreciate those times in the future. Thank you for the kudos on my workouts.

Laurie: Way to go with your KCM workouts this week! Hopefully you are enjoying them as much as you did Jessica’s last week.?!?! I think I will definitely try and make a Peloton ride happen at least once a month with my nephew … especially since I found out it made him feel so proud and happy that I asked. We have been having salmon forsure during this time. DH has made his Salmon Chowder several times and brought some to an elderly friend of his at least 4 times. He leaves it on his porch and calls him. Super sweet and the gentleman loves it. Last week he smoked a bunch of salmon because he needed to reorganize our freezer(s) due to the supplies he has purchased. (aka: food for the apocalypse) :D:(

Laurel: Awesome job with the workouts this week! I am 1 million % the same way – clouds or rain = tireds. I am actually thankful I have been working through this whole craziness because despite it all I feel I get to see some peeps and interact vs. just Bernie and DH. OMG, I would be going so stir crazy about now, so I get what you are saying and feel for you. I bet you did feel kind of weird not really stopping to chat with the neighbors, hopefully you will be able to connect at least from a distance soon. Our state is also supposed to be opening up in stages but I have a fear it will be a flood gate of people everywhere, thinking this is just over. Our neighboring state of Washington has been a lot more strict than Idaho and we have had a lot of “tourist” traffic. Not being enforced. But when things open up I am just nervous it will create a whole new stir of sicknesses if people just jump out into the world and not be careful. Which 60 minute Peloton ride did you do? I am always looking for good 60 min ones. I always feel like I could just keep riding and riding, love those rides so much.

Have a great evening ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Sculpting Fusion and a Yoga Blast class; which focused on the rear end. It was very good and painful.

We had a pretty cloudy and cool day but starting tomorrow it will be sunny and warm.

Another couple we know brought us a gift yesterday.  We didn't know about it because they left it at the house next door. They've only been here once before. LOL. Thankfully, the wildlife didn't eat the rum cake or the plant they left on the front step at the cabin next door. There are no guests there now so we another good thing! The rum cake is a delicious and pretty rummy Cuban cake. I love our friends! I am thinking that we will invite our friends over for takeout. Our deck is pretty long, so if we only invited one couple at-a-time, they can sit at one end of the deck and we can sit at the other end.

My aunt was a mess today. The doctors think that my uncle had brain ischemia. Apparently, he can't move the left side of his body very much. The lack of movement is something she knew but hadn't told us about. I know that a few weeks ago she said the doctors were concerned about his brain but I thought because he wasn't as alert as they expected him to be. Sadly, it makes sense that the could've had ischemia given that he was intubated because he couldn't breathe.  The doctors were going to do a CT scan of the brain to see if there is any damage.https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/what-is-ischemia

Her friend who is a nurse told her this could happen when someone has been under sedation for so long. Their friend the doctor, also said that my uncle could get better with physical therapy. I also think that as long as he is able to move a little bit, there is hope for him to get better with PT.

Laurie, a great workout and good job for wearing the weighted gloves!

I have got stronger with the last rotation. It's about time! LOL
    Chaturanga definitely needs a strong upper body. I still have a ways to go but it's exciting to be able to do it every once in a while.
    My aunt knows that my uncle won't be able to speak for a while. Her boss's wife was in a coma last year so she knows this lady couldn't speak at first. At least this won't be a shock to her!
    Good job getting your DH to sew again! LOL
    I can't believe you have such an old machine that still runs!. I bet it's beautiful! I think it's funny that you had forgotten you had the machine! Hopefully, you'll have time to figure out the other machine soon!

Our shelter in place order expired today. The governor is asking high-risk people to shelter in place. Our numbers seem to keep going up. Of course, more testing is being done now. OMG, I can't believe what is going on in other states with the people who simply want their freedom back.

Ladies, I had a chance to try this week. I love her.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO8EPjtmTr4WKVVQLVS_cHQ

This is another one of the instructors but I've not tried her classes yet. She is famous for her yoga classes though. Her name is Beth Graham.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQsy6Kzq_ygd-lKODMLmtg

Both of these ladies trained with the yoga instructor I love and they seem to have a similar style.

Erika, good job with the STS workout and for pushing yourself with those heavier weights! Sometimes what seemed to be a great weight one week is too heavy the next.
    We finally saw a little bit of sun after 6PM! Tomorrow should be nice. Hopefully, you'll have a warm and dry weekend!

How did the news conference go? I hope people were allowed to start opening businesses.

We are really happy about my uncle being able to breathe on his own too. I agree that after all that time being intubated there had to be a time when his brain didn't get enough oxygen. Maybe it happened when he was in respiratory distress before the intubation. I also believe that it's too soon for all his body functions to 'reawaken'.
    I think the majority of our restaurants are open for takeout. I was dreaming of the food now!!LOL

Laurel, great workout!! I'm so glad you've been sleeping well! I also think that being in a coma and bedridden for so long has to do a number on the body.
    OMG, I saw that about the teen driver's licenses! I think that is dangerous! I agree with you that the state should be able to administer the driving test.
    Right now a lot of ugly things are happening in the country with people being sick of the politicians taking their rights away. I've never felt that my rights had been taken away.
    I can't imagine what people would feel like in this country if they had to do what the Italians and other countries are doing about not letting people out of their homes unless absolutely necessary and all kinds of restrictions too.

Tami, I remember end of month when I worked in accounting. Always crazy! I'm glad you had a calm day today.
    Great workouts. Sorry, you and your DH are not sleeping well. His cough is definitely affecting your 'rest' time.

We are so lucky to have met all these friends here in BR. It really is nice to have friends! We didn't have friends in MA! People here are so friendly, kind, and helpful. We definitely won't be taking our friendships for granted. We are so blessed. I can't wait to be able to hang out with them again!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I had a whole lot of things typed and my system decided to do an update. I don't have a lot of time to chat now, but you all have to know that I was talking and talking. :D My workout was Kelly's 30MTF Strong & Lean Workout 1 Weights.

Erika, Nice work on the STS workout even though you when heavier, but went to failure for sure. Nice idea for the garden, that saves a lot on the back.

Laurel, Very impressive that you wanted to go another round! Glad to hear that your DH is enjoying the walks. My DH has formed the habit now, so every morning unless it is pouring rain, we are walking. I hope that their are many innovative ideas that people come up with to help them get through financially.

Tami, So sorry to hear that you are having a rough week of sleeping, but good job getting those workouts in. Of course I'm really wanting salmon now, and I LOVE smoked. You are probably more prepared that we are with your food supply. ;)

Thelma, Good job on the workouts, dang on the painful one though. Love that your friends dropped off that gift, and that you where able to find it. I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle's condition, I will have to check it out when I have an opportunity. You asking me about how many machines I had remind me that I had that WWII machine in a cabinet. It was fun to pull it out to see what it needed to get it running. ;) Thanks for the links to the workouts.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    TGIF and Happy May Day!

Yesterday was a glorious day here! Lots of sunshine and I had a great workout...KCM Meltdown--Heavy Bag Tabata! We found out that retail businesses can open with curbside pickup only. I don't know that it changes much, aside from our dog groomer can open and take dogs in from the curb. Salons can sell products for pick up curbside...otherwise, I don't see much change. Our Stay at Home order is extended another 2 weeks. Our cases are up, but only because we've drastically increased testing, so we'll see what they say in a couple weeks.

Tami, sounds like a busy day! I always struggle with good sleep when it's really busy at work...I keep thinking I forgot to do something, because I'm so busy! Hopefully you'll get some good sleep over the weekend and feel rested for next week! I've also noticed heavy lifting makes me more tired too for whatever reason! I hope your hubby starts to feel better...medications always mess with the body and sometimes it takes awhile before it all regulates out. I've been trying to read more...just basically going with top recommendations on Amazon Prime. Mainly lighthearted, cheery, lovey dovey stuff :D

Laurel, aren't those days the best when you feel like you could workout forever?? I'm sure the great sleep is helping the energy levels...it always does for me! 80's sound fabulous, we'll be in the 70's here, and I can't wait!!

Laurie, love that KCM workout too...I think I love pretty much all of hers though! :) I sent the beautiful weather from yesterday your way...enjoy :smile:

Thelma, what a wonderful gift from your friends, it sounds amazing!! We actually have been visiting with our close friends that we used to hang out with all the time, out on our deck a couple times (last night was one). We all just space our chairs out and make sure we all do a good hand sanitizing a few times, just to be safe. I also wipe down the chairs and such when they leave (maybe a little extreme!). They aren't going out anywhere, just like us, so we figure it is pretty safe if we keep our distance. I hope that your aunt gets some encouraging news along the way...it will be a long road, but it makes a huge difference once he gets out of there and can recover at home. I don't recall if my dad had to do any physical therapy or not but I do remember he was very, very confused when he came home. Also, extremely emotional. I've seen my dad cry once ever and he bawled like a baby when I picked him up at the airport. I got a good giggle out of your comment about your workout...good and painful :D

Have a wonderful weekend! Talk to you all next week!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Strong and Sweaty PHA, and I did the extreme premix that doubled the workout. I followed it with S&S core. Good, tough stuff! Love these PHA workouts for sure.

Tami, great workouts! The workout I did yesterday was a 60 minute ‘groove’ workout from Cody Rigsby from back in the archives. It was almost entirely beat/music focused with just a couple of speed sections which is why I think I could have gone on forever with it. If you can handle his personality (I am not sure he is for everybody, but he makes me laugh) and are looking for a fun ride more than a pure athletic ride (like the Tabata rides or HiiT and Hills), I do recommend it. He has a few like this in the archives. I am sorry to hear your DH is still struggling with his sleep. I hope they can find him a medication that won’t make him cough. That has to be so uncomfortable, especially now. Our neighboring states are mostly more relaxed than ours so I, too, am a little nervous about the reopenings right now. I said it before, but it is times like this I am glad I live in a state few people want to visit. B) And we don’t even have an interstate running through Huntsville, so not too many people just ‘drop by’. I am just fine with that for the minute. :)

Thelma, great workouts! Like Erika, I like the description of ‘good and painful’. :D Thank you for the links to the yoga instructors. I think good instructors are key to my enjoying yoga, without question. I am sorry to hear about your uncle. I read the description you posted, and are they thinking he had a stroke? I ask because I read the other day that one of the main causes of death among young people with the virus is stroke, so I suppose given all he went through it would not be out of the question. I hope over the next several days they can determine his limitations and the best road for his recovery. I agree about not quite understanding how some people see these stay at home orders as a violation of their rights. But I am the type of person who won’t go in the exit door at Walmart, so, for me, following rules is easy. :) It does lead to an interesting philosophical conversation about individual rights inside a society. I think Americans are, perhaps more than any other nation of people, focused on the rights of individuals over what makes a society work. I really noticed this difference when we lived in Europe all those years. I think many people that are opposed to the stay at home orders are focused on the impact on themselves.....and understandably so when it comes to losing jobs and businesses. But I also think it is difficult for some to understand that these measures involve a personal sacrifice that is needed to keep the medical system afloat for our entire society. That kind of long-term putting society over person kind of sacrifice is just not a way most people in this country have ever really had to think. That is not a fault necessarily. That individual freedom is the hallmark of American culture. So I am a little amazed people stayed calm this long if I am being honest. But I do think we are headed in the direction of ‘herd immunity’ thinking, which scares me. I just can’t get into thinking some people’s lives may need to be sacrificed for ‘the greater good’, and I am hearing that more and more. I think we can somehow come up with a way to help those that are losing so much, but we can’t bring people back from the dead. Anyhow, enough of that! :#

Laurie, you have me laughing at the ‘I was talking and talking’.....Don’t you just hate it when that happens? Anyhow, great workout. I am so glad your DH has taken on your morning walks as a habit. I am so hoping we can do the same thing, but if DH goes back into his office full time.....I just don’t see it. I think he is genetically prohibited from working less than a 12 hour day ;) , so the mornings are too early and by the time he gets home.....I am ready to be done for the day (especially in the winter). And without me pushing him, it just won’t happen. But, thankfully, we are taking advantage of this time now, which makes me happy.

Erika, great workout! Sounds like your governor is taking a measured approach, which is good. We never shut down as far as you did, so what you are describing is pretty much where we have been throughout. Hope you enjoy a great weekend of weather. We have sunshine now and it makes all the difference in the world! I was reading this morning that we have already received 66% of our normal average rainfall for a year(!) here in Huntsville....in just four months. And May is one of the rainiest months of the year! So I will enjoy the sunshine this weekend for sure!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. DH and I had a great weekend. We invited one of the couples we're friends with for a late lunch on the deck. We were about 22 feet across from each other so we all felt safe. I had them bring their own drinks, we ordered takeout for the four of us and had a fantastic time. It was so good to see our friends again! Our friends brought their own disinfectant wipes to disinfect the food containers.
    DH and I have decided to invite one couple at-a-time for lunch on the deck on Saturdays when the weather is nice.

We had a beautiful weekend. Clear, dry, and warm! We were able to have brunch on the deck today because it was warm. I think we were in the low 80's.

It was a difficult weekend for my aunt because on Friday my uncle had a bit of a fever. Right away she fell apart and to make things worst the doctor who called with the update on Saturday told her that my uncle might not make it because he is weak and can't clear his own phlegm; which practically killed her. I reminded her that the other doctors have told her that the nurses are suctioning the phlegm out and that has never been a problem for the other doctors. The doctor who called must not have been familiar with his case.
    Today's update was great. Of course, a different doctor called and my uncle is breathing better, his kidneys are fine, he understands what they tell him and is trying to speak. The tube can't be removed just yet because he can't even clear his throat and the nurses need to assist with the phlegm situation. Tomorrow the doctors will meet to discuss my uncle's case. They want to transfer him to a new ward for COVID patients who graduate from the ICU. The same ICU doctors will take care of him. The doctors told my aunt that they all have grown fond of my uncle so they all want to make sure he makes it. The doctor told my aunt that my uncle will have more mental stimulation in the other ward because in the ICU patients don't know day from the night as the lights are always on in case of an emergency.

My workouts on Friday were Restorative Yoga, Barre, Cathe's LITE PHA2, and Hip Opening Flow. I thought the hip opening class was going to be easy and yummy, but it was hard! It was a good class though. Looking forward to the Pure Barre class tomorrow morning! I still have DOMS on my hamstrings and glutes from the booty blast yoga class on Thursday.

I heard that Blue Ridge is full of tourists already and the rental cabin next to us had its first guests this weekend. We're going to have a shortage of food again because of the tourists.

Laurie, sorry you lost everything you had typed! It's so annoying when that happens! Great workouts!!! The marina restaurant is an open-air restaurant and that was packed with people. DH picked up our food there and besides him and the employees, no one else was wearing a mask.

DH was happy to have recovered the cake because he loved it! LOL
    I'm so glad you remembered you had that amazing WWII machine. What a treasure!

Erika, I'm so glad you had such a beautiful Friday! Great workout! Wow! I feel safer doing curbside pick up. At least your doggies can go to the groomers now! A lot of people are worried here about the number of cases going up because of the tourists.
    The cake is pretty amazing and I'm so glad DH loved it so much. I feel safe now visiting with our friends on the deck. We felt that 22ft apart was pretty safe.
    My uncle's recovery will be very long. He will need a lot of PT. I can see how your dad was confused and emotional. I imagine my uncle will also experience that.
    The booty workout was painful and I still have DOMS from it!

Laurel, killer workout on Friday! Great job! I also love those PHA workouts!

You are so right about good yoga instructors! I think this is why I am enjoying yoga so much now.
    The doctors don't know if my uncle had a stroke, that is the reason why they want to do the CT scan but unplugging him from all those machines is not doable right now.

I agree with you about people who think their rights are being violated is focused on the rights of individuals over what makes society work. I like to follow the rules too. We were talking with our friends about going back to eat at restaurants and we all agreed that it wouldn't happen any time soon. We're all choosing to stay safe at home. A lot of people don't understand why we must make the sacrifice of sheltering in place and other things due to the virus. I hadn't thought about how long people have remained calm about sheltering in place, but you're right! We are well on our way of herd immunity. It's hard to believe that people think some lives need to be sacrificed for "the greater good"!
    I couldn't believe all the people I've seen on the news enjoying life like the virus is a thing of the past!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My weekend started with yard work, and it was a really beautiful day. I got the area around our burn barrel cleaned up, and burned a bunch of old wood/black walnut shells. Sorry squirrels, but you don't get your treats in our yard. :D We have large yard waste pick up next weekend, so that needed to happen fairly quick. Sunday was just me lazing about, sewing and watching my new favorite series on Acorn TV Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. ;) We have this channel free for 30 days, so I'm taking advantage.

My workout this morning was changed because our internet wasn't working properly, so I had to put in a DVD. I changed it up and did a Cathe workout LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower. It felt nice to visit with Cathe again.

My DH had to lecture his Mom again about going out to the store. I understand that she doesn't want to be cooped up anymore, but she is the type of person that needs to be doing the shelter in place the most. So off to the store went my DH, and he is meeting all these people that know his mother's idiosyncrasies. :)

Erika, Great job on your workout! We also are in the same situation with stores only doing curbside, and the uptick in cases because they are testing everything that they can. I think all of the prisons/jails have been tested in the last week, and the majority of cases are asymptomatic. I did enjoy the weather, it was sure nice to walk around the yard in my bare feet. With all the rain the ground was still really wet, so kneeling on the ground was not fun. So I opted to do some burning to get rid of the winter yard waste. Good thing that stuff is dry. :D

Laurel, Awesome job on the PHA and core work! I'm going to stay with the LITE workouts this week, so will be doing PHA 2 this week. I will hopefully then get those Jessica workouts in if my internet cooperates. If I wasn't at work I probably would have sworn I was so upset with my computer. :D This update didn't give me a warning at all. That is a problem with a DH who works long hours. I'm actually surprised that DH gets up so early to walk. I know that he would never want to after work, because he usually gets home so late.

Thelma, LOL with the lunch and distance from your friends. I'm sure it was very pleasurable to have them over to just enjoy talking. We still have not had warm enough weather for sitting outside. 60's are warm, but there is just a bit of a bite to the wind. Besides DH has not gotten the furniture out yet. I'm glad to hear that their are doctors that know your Uncles condition, and are able to reassure your Aunt. It would be really nice for him to have the contact with others to help with his improvement. Great job on the workouts! We seem to hit some of the same workouts throughout these weeks. I'm surprised with the amount of people at the restaurant even with open air. I do hope that they will open some around here, even if it is at 25% and outdoors. I should be getting my repair parts for my sewing machine this week, I'm so excited to try out the sewing machine. I'm hoping that it will handle a quilt better than my newer models.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had a beautiful weekend weather-wise with both days in the 80s. We got a little storm through last night, so we are down in the 70s today, and it is more humid. But it is still very nice! DH paid me back for asking him not to do home improvement projects last weekend with a vengeance this weekend. It was non-stop work both days inside and out. :o And lots of cleaning up messes he created. But it was all worth it when we ended both days on the deck with some great dinner from the grill and a glass of wine. I do like a sense of accomplishment....after all of the accomplishing part is done. :D I did venture out to Lowe’s this weekend with DH to buy some more plants. We both wore masks and most everybody else was too, which made me happy. I stayed outside the store when DH went in to pay, though. I am still not quite ready for being too close to people yet. B)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith walk into 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was S&S Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body Only x2 premix, followed by a 30 minute HiiT spin with Peloton.....which just about killed me with the warm temp/humidity which I am not yet used to! DH asked me if I spilled my water when I came downstairs afterwards. Nope.....just sweat. :# Today was Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders followed by Step Boss Step Sync and Ab Stacker, which felt really fun today.

Thelma, I am glad your weather was nice this weekend as well. I bet it was so nice to visit with friends again and that they, like you, plan on being safe. That should make you feel even more comfortable having them over for lunch. I love your idea of having friends for a late Saturday lunch on your deck. I bet they all will love that. Great job with your workouts! I bet your legs are still tired from all the lower body work you are doing. That is a bit of a mixed report on your uncle, but I hope your aunt took comfort in knowing the doctors who have been consistently treating him are confident of his improvement, and that they will still be looking after him when he moves. I cannot begin to imagine his sense of disorientation right now in ICU, and I imagine a move would really do wonders. I am sorry to hear about all of the tourists returning.

Laurie, sounds like another great weekend! Hard work on Saturday followed by relaxation and enjoyable entertainment on Sunday. Good stuff! Hard to believe a year ago this weekend we were getting beat up by Cathe! :D I have such great memories of that weekend. Great workout this morning! That is about as good a workout as you can find to cure the frustration of a bad internet. I really think that is my favorite workout from the LITE series and one of my favorite lower body workouts that Cathe has on DVD. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week with LITE. There is so much good in that series.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Happy Monday, Ladies!!

This weekend was fabulous here, very sunny and warm! My old manager gave us a little parting gift too...the whole team got to shut down at 12:30 Friday, which was a nice surprise! We ended up grooming 2 of the 3 pups, as the grooming salon sounds like it will be booked up for some time. It went ok, but I will not be taking on the groomer role permanently!

This weekend was STS 6-Legs, Saturday was KCM Build and Burn Upper/Cardio Core and yesterday was Build and Burn Lower Body Tabata. Later today will be STS Disc 7-Shoulders, Bi's and Chest.

Thelma, that visit with your friends sounds absolutely wonderful! We did the same on Saturday evening...it makes me so happy to actually see people in person! My hubby took my youngest for some behind the wheel time and visited in the driveway with my in-laws. First time he's seen his parents in 3 months, which is a really long time for him. Your yummy hip workout sounds amazing! I never can get enough of those unique stretching/strengthening workouts!! Good to hear some better news on your uncle, after the doctor with the not so great news. I'm hopeful he'll get moved to the COVID ward, it sounds like that's a good spot for him to be!

Laurel, what a productive weekend you had! Sounds like the best mix of work and relaxation! I had to venture to the grocery store a couple times this weekend, due to some places not having what I needed. It's amazing the difference from one store to another (we have 5 very close to me). One had no one wearing masks while the other almost everyone was. There are stores now requiring everyone to wear masks, which makes it easier to be consistent. I've noticed those that were wearing masks while I was out where touching their faces a lot, so not sure if that's making matters better or worse! Great workouts...PHA of course stands out to me as I love those workouts!!

Laurie, perfect weekend for some outdoor work, it sure was a nice one!! I'm right there with you on walking barefoot in the grass...it's what I love most about this time of year! I know all too well the internet failure and having to move to a DVD...only, I usually just give up and take it as a sign that I wasn't supposed to workout :D We are having a similar issue with my hubby's parents going out in public so much...they are in their 70's and go out more than us (with masks/gloves, but still) because they are just plain bored. They typically have a lot of visitors/visit with family a lot, and this is really hard for them.

Hi Tami!!

Have a great afternoon/evening! We are getting some rain and much cooler weather here (going back to the 50's) so it will be a workout and some lazy time on the couch this evening.

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I got my butt kicked big time today between Pure Barre, Total Body Giant Sets - Lower Body, and Ashtanga yoga.

My aunt got a wonderful surprise video call today. The nurse who called allowed them to talk for 15 minutes! My uncle didn't have a mask on today, so she got to see his face for the first time in almost 7 weeks! His upper body wasn't covered and he's pretty much skin and bones. She could see his ribs. They were both so happy to see each other! He was smiling and told her that he misses her pasta and spaghetti sauce! My aunt told him about each one of his friends and family who keep calling asking about his health and sent him a big hello. The nurse kept saying "Motta! The entire city of Desio says hello!" LOL. Motta is his last name. A lot of the times his eyes would go wide open with surprise about the things my aunt was telling him. He was waving his right hand hello to my aunt. The nurse moved the camera so my aunt could see his hand. He can only lift his forearm; which for him is a big thing. We were so happy about this call today!

The doctor told my aunt my uncle was doing good. He is lucid, no fever, his oxygen level is almost at a normal level. The doctor said that if everything goes well, he will be moved to the other ward in a couple of days.
    We finally heard something about the tube! It can't be removed while he can't clear his throat, but when it gets removed a smaller tube will be inserted. I'm not sure why though.

Today was a beautiful, sunny, and warm day here, but tonight we're under severe thunderstorms alert.

I almost forgot to tell you this! DH gave himself a haircut! What a brave man! I assisted him with 5% at the end just guiding him where he needed to take the clippers to and cutting a little bit of the top. He did pretty well! LOL

Laurie, great job doing all that yard work! Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday! Great workout this morning!

OMG with your MIL! A female senior in Italy was fined because she kept going multiple times a day to the supermarket! Poor thing was lonely! I hope your MIL listens to your DH!

It was so good to be able to see our friends again! We're going back to cooler temps during the day and more rain! It really was great that the doctor was able to reassure my aunt about my uncle's health.
    We really have been doing some of the same workouts lately! Good stuff!
    It's crazy how people are acting like there's no danger. I saw pictures of the crowds hitting the malls in Atlanta! Not me! I'm staying at home! One of our friends is trying to get our usual Friday night crowd to meet at the Marina restaurant for drinks on Friday! WHAT??? I told him we weren't ready for that yet. I hope you get that sewing machine to work because it sounds like it will be very helpful with your quilt!

Laurel, I'm so glad you had the same lovely weather we had here too!
    Your DH really made you pay for taking a weekend off home improvement projects! At least you finished your days with a nice dinner and a glass of wine out on the deck! You are lucky that the people there are wearing masks. Not so much around here! I would've expected a hardware store to have a cashier outside!

We almost went to a nursery to get a couple of plants for curbside pickup. We never went because a couple of hours had gone by before they called me back to tell me they had the plants I wanted.

Fantastic workouts! Wow! Sounds like you had quite a sweat fest! Good job!
    It was really nice to spend time with our friends again and we all felt safe about being together at a safe distance. My legs were a little sore over the weekend from last week's workouts and I hit them pretty hard today again. This soreness won't away any time soon! LOL
    The weekend was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster with my uncle's health. Thank God things seem good now. It really most be disorienting to be in the ICU. It is wonderful to know that he is understanding everything he's told and is also trying to speak.
    The locals here are not happy about the tourists. We're staying at home as much as possible.

Erika, I'm so glad you had a fabulous, warm weekend! How nice of your old manager to let you shut down early on Friday as her parting gift! Everybody who owns dogs is waiting for the groomers to open again! I'm glad you got two of your babies groomed!
    Great workouts!!
    I'm glad you got to visit with your friends too. This visit also made us happy so I totally understand how you feel!
    I bet your in-laws loved seeing your DH and the boys. Three months IS a long time! The hip opener workout was good. The instructors say that that we hold all our emotions in our hips so it's good to stretch them.
    It's really good news about my uncle. Hopefully this week, he'll be in the other ward.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Cathe's LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper. :)

Laurel, I can't help but laugh that your DH was back at the project list as soon as he could. I have to venture to get plants fairly soon, so I'm sure it will be an adventure. One of the nice things is that plants are all outdoors. :D Very nice that you could end the day grilling and enjoying your deck. Great job on all your workouts! Dang on the humidity, I'm sure that wasn't fun to workout in. I'm actually enjoying doing my own thing on the weekends, and I'm guessing that not doing a workout is something that makes me mentally happy. I'm also getting requests for quilts from my family, so I'm going to be busy for a while. My youngest wants a black and white quilt with bee's on it, so yesterday I found the fabric that she wants. It is discontinued, so I was lucky to find it. I think the LITE series is my favorite, and such great workouts in a shorter amount of time.

Erika, Glad that you had a nice weekend also. LOL on getting two of the pups spruced up, and I'm sure that was not fun. Those groomers have all the nice tools for the job, so I just leave it to them. Rocket needs a bath, he is looking a little dirty. Probably because he was laying in the path of the smoke that I created from burning all the brush. :# Awesome job on the workouts! So love Kelly's Cardio Core workout. I know that my Mom goes out, but she can only go if someone drives her somewhere. She has never had a drivers license, so when my Aunt goes to the nearest city with stores, she goes to get their meds. My Dad is quite comfortable hibernating at home. :D Sounds like our current weather pattern also, it was not fun to be in the 40's this morning.

Thelma, More awesome news on your Uncle! Sounds like he is aware and probably would love to speak to your Aunt. Great job on your workouts! I'm glad that your DH's haircut turn out well. We have a lot of guys here at work with very very short haircuts. :D I think that it will be people who are not comfortable doing things like staying home, and those that are okay with being out in public venturing out. After working though this whole thing, I'm a little more adventurous than most people.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning!! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Yesterday was STS disc 7-Chest, Biceps and Shoulders. Still on my knees for my pushups as I need to work up my shoulder strength. When I was doing the Liift 4 Beachbody workout last year, I injured my shoulder (I've heard of a few people that have done that during that workout, oddly enough) so I've had to be careful with it ever since. But, I was able to push hard and kept at my weights from my last round of STS. Can't believe I'm in my 3rd week already!

Thelma, oh how awesome that your aunt and uncle got to chat...that makes me smile!! Sounds like he's moving in the right direction! I think moving to a smaller tube has to do with the length of time that he's been intubated and it's really hard to intubate again if needed, if he doesn't do well when they take the tube out so they do it in steps. I think my dad had to do that and it was only a few days with the smaller tube. Any removal of any tube (even to go to a smaller one) is huge!! Great job on the workouts, I remember doing Pure Barre many years ago and really liked that workout. I went all in on Barre though (bought all the different program DVD's out there) and burnt myself out on barre so I traded them all away. But, I remember that one being very fun! Awesome that your hubby gave himself a haircut...my hubby has been doing his for years and just started giving the boys cuts recently. I don't know how they can cut their own hair...wish I could do that to myself! i hope the storms were uneventful last night!

Laurie, great workout!! Love the LiTE workouts...all of them!! Clipping the dogs is not easy, but I do have a nice clipper and most of the tools the groomers have...I have groomed our female dog one other time, so I knew what I was doing a little bit. Plus, my good friend has groomed her own dogs for years (she used to be a hairstylist, so maybe she learned some tricks from that?) so she gave me some tips. I'm just happy to have them cleaned up a bit so I don't have to stress about trying to get them in. Our groomer posted an update yesterday that as quickly as they clear their VM, it fills right back up, so it will be awhile before most of us can get through to make an appt. I figure if I've bought myself a few weeks, I should be good.

Hi Tami and Laurel!!

Have an awesome day! I may need to break out some cold weather gear here...it's going to be low 50's, cloudy and windy. Brrr!!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton followed by 30 minutes of yoga. I really had to convince myself to workout today because of no sleep last night. I am glad I did because, as usual, it has made me feel better. We are getting quite a change in weather with temps dropping from the 80s into the 60s....and maybe 50s by the end of the week with some lows in the 30s! :o I really hope those temps trend up because I really don’t want to have to bring my whole garden inside!

Erika, great workouts! Those pushups in Meso 1 are so many....and so tough! Great job doing them even on your knees. Shoulder injuries are so tricky so better to be safe with it then push it too hard. I am glad you were able to groom your pups. Hopefully it won’t be too long before you can get them into the groomer. I realized this weekend that I feel much more comfortable wearing a mask around people....and being around people who are wearing masks. They are keeping a list of businesses in Huntsville that require masks, and I think I will probably look into going those places more, just for comfort. Of course, two of the businesses are airlines and.....just no on flying right now! :D

Thelma, great workouts! And such good news on your uncle. It is wonderful that he is so alert and they were able to communicate. That has to be such a relief for your aunt. I smiled at your DH giving himself a haircut. I am wondering if DH will cut his own hair next time or if he will let me do it again. :o It isn’t necessarily bad....but it also isn’t good. B) I keep apologizing to him about it, but he isn’t wearing a hat around, so it must not be that bad. :D He and I had a great discussion last night about when we will be ready to do some things out and about. For me, much will be dependent on where our numbers go now that we are opening up again. But I think, for me, for the long term it will be decided on what I think is necessary and what isn’t. And, also, what will be enjoyable with a mask! For instance, if I had to play golf in a mask, that would be a hard no. I also see no joy in sitting in a restaurant in a mask. But I am now good with take out, and I would definitely classify golf as a ‘need’ :D;) . But, for me, I think it will be groceries and anything not crowded that is outside for quite some time. And I am comfortable with that.

Laurie, another great workout! That one kills my shoulders....in a good way. :) Everybody jokes about husbands having too do’ lists, and here I am married to a guy where my ‘to do’ list for him would be ‘sit and relax for a minute’. :D Truthfully, I do love that he is taking this time to tackle some things on the house that we have been ignoring since moving in, but some of these projects probably could have waited until the winter, spreading them out a bit at least! But it is all good. I am glad you have found a weekend balance that makes you happy. I also think working every day probably has made you a little more willing to be out and about. The same is true of my DH, even though he hasn’t worked every day. It is easy to get inside of your head when all you see and do is inside your house. :) That is one of the reasons I wanted to at least go to Lowe’s this weekend and get out of the car! But one thing I learned on that 85 degree day is masks are going to be really hot in the summer!! :o Anyhow, love the sound of your DDs new quilt!

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Just wanted to get on here quick and let you know all is good here with me! Just busy at work .... the usual why I miss you guys. Sorry to be MIA. I think tomorrow is supposed to be a calm and easy day so I will be able to check in! :)

Workouts have been good! Weekend was nice, I was so tired on Saturday after the long week so I did PHA 3 and Sunday I typed policies at home for 4+ hours. Just did a quick 30-min Peloton Ride to wake myself up after that. I planned on doing "a stack" and ended up doing a full box (40 policies) but the overtime will be nice. Yesterday Peloton Tabata ride and tonight will be Burn Sets.

Happy Cindo de Mayo ;)

Tami