Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hi Ladies :bigsmile: FAST was good again last night. She did change it up to BootCamp stations like we used to do a long time ago. It was a good workout and we did cardio bursts in between 3 minute stations.
    Today's workout will be Insane-X after work! :wink: I'm hoping to finish packing tonight so I am not stressed tomorrow night & can head to Spinning and be home to relax and leave bright & early on Thursday a.m. :flowerforyou:

I will check in tomorrow ~ Hope everyone is doing great!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Just finished up 10 Days to a Better Body Lower, and ACE HiiT Core with Chris Freytag. I really liked the HiiT workout a lot. I'm feeling my core right now. Only one day with the Better Body Series, and I have really enjoyed it. I don't think that I would want to extend to more than 10 days though. Doing the lower body today actually went fast.

Tami, I love the pic, sure is funny that Bernie wanted to have your weights. I know that Cami has never ventured close to my weights. She just lays downstairs and waits for me to finish. Right now I think she likes it because it is nice a cool down there. Glad the FAST workout was good, and that she incorporated something familiar. Have a wonderful vacation, because I'm sure that I will be on after you post. :wink: Yes those are Chris's new DVD. So far all three of the HiiT workouts are something that I will do again, and they are tough. The workouts are alot like the S90 Tabata workout. You do 20/10 with four exercises for a total of 4 min. Then you get a 45 sec. rest. She does five of these. That is the rotation, it looks really good. I want to see how this rotation works the legs. I want to see some changes in mine.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Options
    All done with the 10 Days to a Better Body series! I just finished up the upper body, and upped the weights. I also added in Met-Rx 180 Kickboxing workout. Overall a good workout, and now DH and I are going to have a couple of steaks and a salad. :wink:

Have a wonderful evening,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Very quick check in today but wanted to say 'hi'! We have safely arrived again in Florida, and this driving trip wasn't nearly as tiring for me. That was good. We have been spending the past few days working on the house and getting to know our new surroundings. And I have been working out too, of course! :drinker: I took the four travel days off again, but was right back at it on Tuesday. I feel good about that. Today was my first 'real' workout since getting back (GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps and PRS2), and it felt great!

Tami and Laurie, the other reason I wanted to check in as I seem to have misplaced the new rotation we are supposed to start next week! :noway: Can one of you send it to me? I have looked through my emails, my messages, and my paper copies, and I can't find it. I am so looking forward to getting back to a rotation that I don't want to miss a minute of it. And can you remind me when we are starting? :blushing: I seem to have lost my mind in the move! :laugh: But, again, I am so ready for this!!!!

Sounds like you all have been doing great workouts. I really hope to be able to start checking in more regularly once DH and I get into a more normal routine! I miss you!!!!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

I did Yoga for the Warrior, and for some reason I had thought this one was harder than it was. :drinker: Guess all the stretching and yoga has made me stronger. It was a tough workout though.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you are back in FL. WTG on the workout, sound like you are getting back into the routine. I'm ready for this rotation also. I don't have all the workouts, but I'm sure that with all the Cathe workouts I have, I should be able to come up with a stand by.

Will be going to the BIL's tomorrow, so I probably will not get in a workout. Busy all weekend with a wedding and a birthday party for my niece.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Shorter workout today because DH and I are going exploring. Looking forward to that! I did Drill Max to start the day and really enjoyed it.

Laurie, thank you for sending me the rotation! I looked it over last night and there is a lot of variety. I definitely think you'll be able to find suitable substitutes. I know I will have to sub the cycle workouts since I don't have a bike......yet. :bigsmile: How fun that you found Yoga Warrior 'easier'. Still one of my favorite yoga workouts. Sounds like a busy weekend. Have fun!!

See you Monday!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, we're back home! I did very well considering we were on vacation. I only missed one workout day yesterday. On Wednesday we walked around the Killarney Lake National Park for 3 1/2 hours. It was great and my feet survived. I did get a blister on our walk up/down Mizen Head on day one which bothered me the rest of my vacation but I was still able to do everything I wanted to do. I even had DH workout! We had a great time. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning to see what kind of damage I caused. Surprisingly Ireland was hot and of course we were prepared for cool weather. Thankfully I packed a pair of convertible capris and I had DH pack a pair of shorts. People who visited Ireland this week could actually get a tan there! I had to protect myself with a hat and a sunshirt but I was still out i the sun and it was HOT!

Tonight I did Cathe's X10 #42. I hadn't done that in a while and it felt good. I even did the weight lifting part with small weights.
    Laurel, I'm glad you're back in FL!

Laurie, you've been doing great with your workouts! Have fun tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started the new STS/XT/LIS rotation today. :drinker: So happy to be back to a rotation!! Anyhow, I did STS Disk 1 and Med Ball Abs. It felt great. I even had DH join me for the STS workout! I followed it with Cathe's Greatest Hits workout. Fun stuff.

Thelma, welcome back!! I heard it was hot in Ireland last week as I have a friend whose daughter was there. Better than the alternate I suppose. I am glad you had a good time and were able to get around despite the blister. YAY for the workouts!! That is amazing, and how fun that you got your DH to workout with you!!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Oops! Seems I posted twice! :blushing:
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Saturday I did Bodystrikes with Ilaira, that one concentrates on the lower body. Yesterday I started out the rotation with STS Meso 1 Disc 1 and the Med Ball Abs. I was really surprised that I was so sore today. :noway: Those med ball abs really worked that area good, and of course my chest was feeling it also. Today was Disc 3 Legs and the Extended Stretch.

I'm actually glad to be back to work after all the fun this weekend. The wedding was very nice, I had fish. Surprisingly it was good, and not all dried out. It was a good choice. The cake was really dry, so that was kind of disappointing. Kind of looking forward to that. It was interesting to see all these people I work with out of the work situation. Some of them should probably not have gotten as drunk as they did. :wink:

Laurel, How nice that your DH worked out with you. I keep forgetting how these workouts make me sweat buckets. Love it! One of these days, I'm hoping that my husband will find the will to workout with me. :laugh: I'm sure he would be able to find an excuse for not doing it though.

Thelma, Welcome back! Glad that you packed some warm weather gear. WTG on the X10 workout, I have not tried that one yet. I know that I will be putting it into this rotation at some point.

Have a wonderful evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I decided to try Total Body Trisets today. I PT allowance is running out and I want to see how my body reacts when I do upper body. I decided to do one of the express workouts and I used small weights for the upper body. So far so good. I also cancelled my PT for tomorrow and won't go back until next week. The plantar fasciitis is still there which is a big disappointment.
    On Saturday I did Cathe's Lower Body Blast and on Sunday I did spinning.
    I wish I could do that rotation with you ladies! :sad:

Laurel, great workouts today and how exciting about you getting your DH to do the STS workout with you! What did he said about it? How did he do? My DH walked with me during my Ireland workouts when we went to the hotel's gym he did his thing and I did mine. I wish I could bet him to do some of Cathe's workouts with me!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a fun weekend! Great job on starting the rotation! I'll have to do that Med Ball Abs workout soon! Too bad that cake was dry. What a big disappointment! X10 is a really good workout unfortunately a little too hard on my feet right now. It's a series of really good premixes. Lots of them!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm back from my mini vacation . . . . Started up our new rotation this a.m. with STS and it feels so great to be back in it! :bigsmile: We had a great time with my sister and DH enjoyed sunny California. He thought L.A. was great! Which was surprising since he is such an outdoors/woods style guy! So it was great that he enjoyed himself too.

Came back to tons of e-mails, deadlines and a finally upgraded computer that was down for a couple hours so I'm getting caught up. :wink: Looks like everyone is doing amazing with their workouts!! Way to go ..... I wasn't able to do ANYTHING in L.A. in the means of a workout. Which I kind of thought would happen with DH being there and my mom. But tried to do as much walking as I could, when I could. :sad:

Thelma: Welcome Home! Glad you had a nice trip to Ireland. You did amazing workouts and activities it sounds like while you were there . . . good on ya! :drinker: How are your feet doing? Did they hold up nicely with your new shoes and all that walking?

Laurel & Laurie: I will get caught up to you two by this weekend's workouts for our rotation!!! :wink: I'm glad you are both excited to be doing this rotation as well. :bigsmile: I love to see the variety in it too and I will substitute other workouts in place of Pedal Power. I of course will go to Spinning but on those days as my a.m. workout I will do some other type of cardio! Good stuff in this one!

Laurel: Glad you are safe and sound in FL now ~ Home sweet home:flowerforyou: Are you all settled in to your new environment and liking it?

Talk to you all tomorrow ~

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Just got done with Crossfire Premix 1, felt great. Can't talk long, DH and I are going to see Maleficent. It is $5 movie night, so this is a great time to see that movie.

I received my Piyo workouts from Beachbody today. They are all really short workouts, so I think that I can incorporate them into my day at some point. I'm thinking I can do these sometime before I head to bed. :wink:

Tami, Glad to see that you had a good time with your Mom, and that your DH enjoyed the time also. I'm sure that you will be caught up in no time. Coming back from vacation is never fun, with all the things that need to be done.

Thelma, WTG on your workouts, it sure sounds like you are doing a lot better in your upper body work. If this rotation is as good as it is so far, and I have only been doing it for three days, I probably will try this one again in the future. There is just enough variety to make it interesting.

Well I have to get going to the movie,

Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    PT and spinning for me tonight. I've not taped my feet the last two days and surprisingly my feet seem to be doing much better. I've also worn wedge style sandals and my feet are also OK with that. I do wear my sneakers to work just in case. I just take the sandals in a bag.
    I seem to be in a bad mental place and all I want to do is eat. I think I'm either bored, tired or frustrated or all of the above. I was somewhat out of control today and ate two cookies and a couple of pieces of hard candy. It was mindless eating and I knew I didn't want the stuff but ate it anyway. I know I'm definitely tired, I wish I didn't have to work and I'm frustrated about my injuries and how they prevent me from working out the way I"d like to. I wish I could be doing the rotation with you. I gained 3 lbs during vacation and I think I'm upset about that part. Of course being out of control with food doesn't help matters. I don't expect to lose any weight this week. I hope I can do better tomorrow. I'm also thinking that 1200 calories may no longer be enough for me and maybe that is why not feeling satisfied.

Tami, I am so glad you and your family had a great time in CA. I'm sure you're going to make up this week for the lack of workouts last week!
    My feet did very well with all the walking and new sneakers. I didn't have time to tape them so when we got to Ireland my feet were bothering me. I did tape them Monday night because they weren't feeling well. Like I said above my feet are doing very well this week so that I'm really happy about.

Laurie, a $5 movie! WOW! That is a great deal! I hope you and your husband enjoyed the movie. Great workouts! Can't wait to hear all about your plyo workouts when you start doing them. I love that Crossfire workout! I am doing a little better with the upper body too although I'm hearing my shoulder make the snapping sounds again which means I may be tight in the shoulder area. It is normal for me to get tight after I do upper body exercises because I'm not used to doing that kind of stuff anymore. As long as I recover it's all good. I know that today I woke up feeling the shoulder blades where they are meant to be but soon after that the left side got tight. I just have to keep stretching and massaging with the tennis ball.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I missed you all yesterday. But I did get yesterday's workout in--STS Legs and Extended Stretch (which I did with DH), and for cardio, I did KPC. Today was CrossFire Extreme premix. :heart:

Tami, so happy to hear you had a good trip to LA and that your husband enjoyed it!! That's fantastic! We are all settled in Florida, and I am loving it! I think we might go put a deposit on a lot today and get ourselves a new house soon! Scary, but I think it is the right thing to do. Thanks for sharing this new rotation with us. It feels so good!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the busy weekend, but I understand about wanting things to calm
    down too. I am glad you are enjoying this rotation so far. I agree about the Med Ball Ab workout. It is short....but good! DH usually has so many excuses for not working out, I was surprised he joined me this week. I hope it continues for his own good. I think he was a bit jealous at how many comments I got in my fitness during his retirement process that he wants to start lifting again. :blushing: Whatever it takes I suppose.

Thelma, don't beat yourself up about your weight or eating!!! You don't deserve to be beat up. Instead, give yourself a bit of a break because you are EARNED it. You have been working hard for six months through injuries and pushing yourself hard. You have met and beaten a few weight loss goals. So take a little time to 'rest' and then get back to it. I think the most dangerous thing is to see this as a negative thing because I have found when I do that that I get really down. Instead, when I lapse (and I do.....a lot), I tell myself that I am listening to myself for the time being and pretty soon my mind will say to clean it back up. And I will listen to it then. That has worked really well for me over the past few years because I don't get down on myself for being human and, instead, just accept that everything in life has ebbs and flows. So eat a cookie or candy....and simply enjoy it with full confidence that one day soon, you will start passing on them again. Believe in yourself...and let it end there. :flowerforyou:

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Feel like I was caught up a lot better last night by skipping my p.m. workout and getting our groceries, dog food and some laundry done. :wink: This a.m. was STS Legs (didn’t make the extended stretch but I am promising myself to do that this Sat after my double whammy workout) Headed to Spinning tonight after work! Looking forward to it.:smile:

Laurie: Yay on receiving the PiYo workouts and good to know they are short …. I did look at those after you mentioned them and thought that would be a perfect add-on to any program I am doing. :bigsmile: Keep us posted! I think I might just get my “yoga” in with something like those.:wink: You’re right, it’s never fun coming back and after feeling a little more caught up at home and work I feel almost “normal” today. :laugh: Great job with CrossFire this a.m.! Yowsa what a burn :drinker: I will be sucking air tomorrow a.m. I am looking forward to that one and I’m happy that one + To The Max is in this rotation. Two of my favs!!!

Thelma: I think Laurel has said it beautifully ….. I will also say that try to focus your mind on all the amazingly good things you have been doing ESPECIALLY extra kudos through several injuries! :drinker: :bigsmile: You have been striding right along, knocking down “obstacles” in your way through your perseverance and doing what you can do. I’m sure a combo of being flat “tired” for many reasons that you have listed is why your mind is wandering into a not so positive place. Let me just say “this too shall pass”& as Laurel also said. It’s OK to have a couple cookies and fall off the plan during this time, so don’t beat yourself up about that. More importantly, try to give yourself a “break” or a “rest”from the concern of that. :flowerforyou: You are an amazing lady with an incredible work ethic! I think a lot of people would have used injuries as an excuse to eat poorly and stop moving, so good on you for keeping on. You may also be a little tired from being back from vacation too and catching up. I only went to L.A. and I feel a little “off” but seriously …… you are awesome! Tell yourself that ….. I know when you feel a little more rested it all won’t feel so overwhelming. We can all relate at one point or another in our lives forsure.:smile:

Laurel: OMG! Of course on the rotation …..:bigsmile: I think it is so fun that the 3 of us are doing it together. I really think it’s going to fly by. I thought I had printed it out wrong the other day when I saw that this week’s rotation started on Wed. It must have just been the time of year that the rotation was posted. I’m just glad I stumbled upon it. :wink: SO happy to hear you are loving it there and you are already thinking about buying a lot. So you guys will build a home then? Amazing that DH is working out with you!! That’s awesome. Of course you all remember me recently talking about “wishing/hoping” my hubby would get in something and then his arm injury happened. :ohwell: Plus fishing is right around the corner. Oh well …… His arm is doing really well though. Has healed amazingly fast. The PT he went to for the second time today told him he doesn’t even need to see him again. So this fall he will have it x-rayed again but he doesn’t think surgery will have to happen. That would be awesome.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, today I did Cardio Hits' Power Max. It was good but I seem to have irritated my left foot. I hope it's better in the morning. I was in a much better place today. It occurred to me that I had gone back to adding splenda to my coffee and I think that was driving me nuts with the sugar cravings. Of course I consumed sweets last week but I don't think the splenda was helping as that intensifies taste and cravings I am still tired. I've been going to bed really late the last 3 weeks and I can't say that I slept well last week while in Ireland. I always have a hard time sleeping on a bed that's not my own.

Laurel, wonderful workouts! I am so happy to read that you and your husband are doing so well in FL and now are ready to buy some land for a new home! How exciting!

Thanks for your kind words. You made me cry! Yesterday I just felt like giving up on all the hard work I've done during the last 6 months. I am so afraid to give myself a break because I might get too comfortable with breaks but I do need a break and have to allow myself to do it. The sugar thing is bad for me. It is definitely an addiction.
    I have to listen to my body and take a break. One day off is not going to make me gain all the weight I've lost and it will be good for me. I will do it this week but not tomorrow as I have to do PT.
    Today my rotator cuff was still achy and tight and I kept on stretching all day long and thankfully after tonight's workout that part feels normal again. I'll sleep with my boot on my left foot tonight because that will help. Thank you again!

Tami, great job with the rotation workouts and for getting all caught up with life at home. How did the kids do while you were gone? I'm sure spinning will be fun tonight!

Tami, thank you also for your kind words and for always encouraging me. You also made me cry! In the past I would've been one of those people who stopped moving due to an injury. This too shall pass! Thank you!!
    I've been meaning to ask about your brother-in-law and his plantar fasciitis problem. How is he doing? I really feel that those exercises have helped me a lot.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was STS Chest/Back. DH found a reason not to workout :grumble: so I was on my own. I followed it with Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix and core. Good stuff. We just got our new Florida drivers licenses and vehicles registered, so we are officially Floridians! :drinker: But, boy, was that expensive. :noway:

Tami, I am glad to hear your DH is healing up, but it is too bad about the workout habit not forming. I don't know if I will see my DH again in my workout room.....but I hope so. I am.loving this rotation right now. It is just what I need because we are running in a million directions right now, and I am so less inclined to talk myself out of working out when I have a rotation and workout partners! We did put a deposit down on a lot yesterday.....but now we are talking ourselves out of it. Our plan was to have a home built for us, but,after talking to the agent, we are back to thinking about buying a previously owned home. We have a few days to decide, but this is kind of an exhausting process. What's worse is I have grown to love the rental we are in, despite the mess it was when we got here. :ohwell: I am sure we will find something soon though.

Thelma, I didn't mean to make you cry! But, as Tami said, you are such an inspiration because you have such an amazing work ethic. A day or two off.....or even a week or two off working out isn't going to hurt if that is what you need mentally or your body needs physically. I know for me, taking a break reminds me why I love working out. But, at times, I need that break for the reminder. Sweets/sugar IS an addiction, and I share that addiction. I am able to control it most of the time but I go through stages (and I am going through one right now) where I don't as well. But having eaten anything I want for about two weeks now.....I am ready to go back to feeling better. So, like I say, listen to your body because it will tell you 'enough!' when you have had enough. Hope your foot I seedling better!

Off to look at more houses! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great Spin class last night! :bigsmile: :drinker: Katy was very happy to see me and asked me where in the world I have been. It was nice to be missed. She wanted to give us a hard workout and she did . . . it was just what I needed as well. This a.m. was Crossfire + Abs and it also felt great! :wink: I am thinking about a dog walk this evening if it stays decent outside – no Insanity class on Thursday’s anymore (as I mentioned before:ohwell: ) so I have Thurs eve off from classes.

Thelma: Awwww dang it … I didn’t mean to make you teary either :flowerforyou: but again, if you are feeling tired and a little burned out then the “sads” have a tendency to follow as well. For me, they always do when I am overly tired. Sounds like you were having a better day though yesterday, which is great.:smile: Hopefully you can get caught up on some sleep soon. Never feels good, especially with some possible jet lag from your trip too. Great job with Cardio Hits yesterday!! :drinker: How’s your foot feeling today? Thanks for the kudos on getting back into my routine. The dogs did really well with “Grandma” staying at the house. She commented that it breaks her heart to put Emma out each day. :laugh: Bernie marches right out the door; but they both did great and Emma cozied right up to her once she realized she was there to watch her. At first she was being a little stand-off- ish since she is only around when we are there. Funny. One minor thing, but could have been an accident. Sandy thought we said “we’ll be home around noon” we didn’t fly out of L.A. until noon. So with delay’s and the normal traveling it was 7:30 when we got home. Well she had left Emma in the house. :noway: YIKES. But no accidents. She did however sprint past us when we opened the door.

Laurel: Congrats on your new official Floridian status! :drinker: :bigsmile: Woo Hoo. Sounds like you had a perfect combo this a.m. for your workout, way to go! I am also so relieved and happy to be at a rotation again with partners. There is something about doing a rotation by yourself just so you have a schedule and then doing one with a friend; accountability!:flowerforyou: It’s great that you are having the opportunity to explore all of your options. Buying pre-built is definitely a more relaxing process (once you find your house that is) vs.building and you usually get more for your $$ too. But, if you just can’t find what you are looking for then building is the way to go because you can make it exactly as you want. How long do you have on your lease with the rental? I know the perfect scenario is going to come together! Good vibes your way.

Hi Laurie :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    I ladies, I did Squeeze Upper Body tonight because I knew that was a good way to give my feet a break and it would also challenge my shoulder blades. I used 1 and 2 lb dumbbells. So far so good.

Laurel, great workout combo today and congratulations to you and your husband on becoming Floridians!!!!! :drinker:
    Too bad you scared your husband away with those workouts! LOL! I'm just kidding! My DH stopped working out already too so don't feel bad!
    I cried because your words touched me and made me feel better. I think I had to sort of hit rock bottom in order to see that I have to allow myself brakes. I am afraid to take breaks because I may get too comfortable and not return to my workouts. I will take a break soon though Thank you again!

Tami, don't worry about having made me cry. Your words also touched me :wink: I think you're right about me feeling burned out. Mentally I'm doing better though and that is huge.
    I definitely hurt my feet with the step workout. Thanks for asking. They felt better as the day went on but I can tell they're in a fragile state right now. My left foot is more sensitive right now. I think I'll be back to almost normal in a couple of days.

Great job with that rotation! I'm sure Katy missed you in class. She had to make sure you made up for not having been at the gym with the challenging class! LOL
    I'm so glad the dogs did so well while you were away. I think it would break my heart to have to put the dogs outside every day. Of course they're probably happier outside than inside just like my cats.
    OMG! That was a close call with Emma having left in the house. I forgot to comment about your husband's elbow last night but I'm glad he's healing so well. He's so lucky!
    Good night!
    Thelma