Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! On Friday night I did spinning and my PT exercises, Saturday: AfterBurn :love:, Sunday: spinning and I was able to add more resistance, go faster and stand for longer periods of time! :bigsmile: Today I trained with Kevin and did the elliptical.
    I did a one minute plank today. It's been a long time and I was pretty good with the one minute plank. I remember that with Sarah it took me months to be able to hold a 1 minute plank and today it wasn't bad at all! I think it was a little hard on the shoulder blades though. I had to massage with the tennis ball when I got home.

I actually did some of the pushups and burpees when I did the AfterBurn workout and my shoulders thankfully were OK. I can't do proper burpees because my butt was sticking up way too much but at least I gave them a try. My feet are doing pretty well even thought they are not 100% at all. I have to keep massaging them to make sure they are happy.

Since our Friday cookout got rained out I went online shopping for new workouts at Total Fitness DVD because they were having a sale and I ordered:
    Tracie Long Training Endurance for Movement - She was with The Firm and I liked the way the workout looked
    Shape Pink Power Flat Abs 5 Ways DVD - Jessica Smith - This looked like a good workout and it had good reviews. Don't know the trainer
    Squeeze Lower Body Challenge Tracy Effinger - I read this one can be a killer and I like Tracy.
    Jillian Michaels Hard Body - I like Jillian and the fact that there is a modifier.
    Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn DVD - Michelle Dozois - don't know this lady but it looked like a fun workout
    Jillian Michaels One Week Shred - I believe this is one of her latest and it was on sale! LOL
    Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30-Minutes to Fitness "Cardio Quick Fix" (this one I got yesterday so I'll do it tomorrow)

Laurel, killer workouts as always. I think it's wonderful that your hubby is working out with you. Did he start his new job yet?
    The hurricane just brought a lot of rain and lots of events got rained out and rescheduled for the 3rd or the 5th. Our basement was completely dry which is just great. We had out little cookout on Saturday and it was wonderful. I'm glad you only got rain from the hurricane!

Tami, you've also been doing some killer workouts. I bet the walk with the kids was very enjoyable and relaxing! The weekend was pretty good even though we didn't get to go to the cookout on Friday. It got rescheduled for Saturday but we already had our own little cookout at home. The weekend was pretty good. DH caught a 24 stomach bug on Saturday night and had to nurse him back to health on Sunday. Thankfully he was fine by the end of the day.
    Thanks for the kudos on my workouts Tami. I am trying and I am getting very impatient so have to keep talking myself out of going full force.
    I'm glad Emma did so well with the fireworks. You must've really cranked up the volume on that tv! LOL

Have a great evening ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Flex Train, which felt good. I liked this mid-week surrounded by other strength training workouts. I followed it with the IMAX Xtreme workout from Cathe's Terminator DVD. Felt good too!

Tami, sounds like a nice long weekend, even if quiet. Sometimes those are the best! You certainly got some great workouts in!! STS Total Body did go a bit fast for DH, but he stuck it out. I know my muscles always burn in that one, so I have no doubt his were too! I keep telling him he will love Meso 2 when things are slower and there are fewer reps. Good thing is he understands the importance of endurance training, so he hasn't minded doing this part because of that. About the house, we have a really nice Lowes about half a mile from our rental house, and DH and I have already spent hours there looking at light fixtures, ceiling fans, appliances (since I am buying a couple of my own and not taking the builder's versions), etc. And a shovel hasn't even hit the ground yet.....and won't for another two months! :noway: :laugh: Yes, we are anxious and excited. :blushing:

Thelma, so glad to hear you continue to heal!! Great job with the planks!! That is fantastic. Sounds like you got some great new workouts. I hope you enjoy. I am sorry to hear everything was rained out on the 4th, but it is good you got through the storm with no flooding in your basement. I guess all that work this spring was effective!

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ F.A.S.T./BootCamp was another good one.:wink: Same as last week (weights & cardio bursts) but this time we ended with Burpees & Squat Jumps! 3 rounds were with the Bosu ball in our hands and so then you jump up with it over your head. Then 3 regular rounds and 3 rounds of Jump Squats. This a.m. was Flex Train and tonight will be Insane-X. :wink: I know forsure we will be inside this week. It is HOT outside. We'll see if the "plan" remains for the beach next week.

Thelma: Great job with your workouts and doing some modified Burpees!:drinker: I bet it feels great to be getting in some exercises that you weren’t able to do just a little while ago. Yay for that & the 1-min plank! :smile: Your patience through injury is obviously paying off. Congrats on all the new workouts you purchased! Anxious to hear how you like them all. I have 4 or 5 of Michelle Dozois “Peak 10” workouts and enjoy them. Sorry it was rainy and stormy for your weekend though. :frown: We are having a little heat wave right now …. 90’s this week and this weekend supposed to hit 99 on Sunday. I'm not complaining though because it could change any day or minute in our area! :huh: :laugh: Actually the TV wasn’t that loud so I was surprised. She wedged herself down by the love seat and couch underneath DH’s feet so I think she was just snuggled in and didn’t hear. Whatever it was I was happy she was comfortable.

Laurel: I agree on the “mid-week” workout being a non strength style workout. :bigsmile: Adds a nice variety to the rotation! Fantastic work with IMAX Xtreme! Yowsa.:noway: :drinker: Yes, quiet weekends are good too. Then I don’t feel like I need to go back to work so I can relax. LOL I love it that you are already finding your own things for your house. That’s absolutely the way it goes … you will know Lowes so well you could work there! I was wondering about your hubby and his new job as well? Has he started?

Hope you all have a nice afternoon/evening!
    Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did my new KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Quick Fit + PT. I did one of the premixes and it included a set from the 1st workout + all of workout 2 so it was the more advanced workout. I really liked it.
    The plank yesterday was too much for my shoulder blades and things got tight which is always depressing. I feel better after tonight's workout though.
    I'm going to see the ortho tomorrow for my feet follow up visit. I could've cancelled because I think I'm doing very well but I want her to check me again. I think I'm going to do AfterBurn tomorrow even though I just did it on Saturday.

Laurel, what a great combo you did today!
    I can't even begin to imagine the excitement you must be feeling with the construction of the new house and the selection of the things you want around the house. It is so easy to spend a long time at the hardware store looking at things. I've spent hours there looking at tiles.
    Thanks for the kudos on my workouts. The plant was too much for me but it felt good to be able to hold it for one minute even though I've not done planks in a long time. I hope the new DVDs don't disappoint! The work around the house done during the spring to fix the water problem in the basement was worth every penny! LOL

Tami, WOW! That F.A.S.T./BootCamp class sounds like a killer! I'm sure Insane-X will also be a good class. Good job with the rotation!!! I really hope tonight's class is indoors!

Thanks for the kudos on the workouts! I was happy to be able to do something that sort of resembles a burpee! LOL
    I really think that the patience with my injuries is starting to pay off. I have to continue to be patient with the upper body though. I can't wait to get the new workouts! I wanted to get a couple of more cardio DVD's that use a step. My feet are not ready for the step yet. When I finally do a step I won't use any risers.
    I'm glad to hear that the Michelle Dozois is good.
    The storm on Friday was unfortunate but oh well! We've had pretty nice, weather since Saturday. The humidity is low which I love but today it started to feel humid.
    Glad Emma was not faced by the fireworks!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Very hard to get on in the evenings lately, to many people in our house using the internet. :laugh: I have been keeping up with my workouts. Didn't workout on the 4th, but did Lower Body Blast Premix 3 on Saturday. I now know that I will never get a barre workout. This is the first time I have tried barre work, and my knees hated it. :huh: Had a good time doing the LBB workout though, just won't add on the barre work. On Sunday I did STS Disc 7 Chest, Shoulders, Biceps & Stability Ball Abs, Monday was Disc 9 Legs with the Extended Stretch and yesterday was Flex Train. I actually had to take the plastic wrap off that DVD. Flex Train is another keeper for me, was sweating buckets.

Laurel, WTG on the workouts, and that your partner is still working along with you. I agree with Tami, that TB workout does move fast. I'm looking forward to the next meso so that I have more time to adjust my weights. :laugh: Dang I would love to be walking on the beach, that sounds so nice. Our mornings have been so dang cool, and that is surprising for July. Have a wonderful time on all the decisions. I actually loved working with the interior designer with all the colors and textures. Just enjoy the whole process.

Tami, Wow how heavy is that Bosu ball? I don't have one of those so I have no idea, just seems like it would be heavy by it's appearance. I kind of wish for a quiet 4th weekend. Had to deal with the poor dog wanting to go after all the celebrants. We had to put on her Thundershirt to help with the anxiety. It helped some, until DH and I went to bed. Our youngest went downstairs to comfort her until about midnight. She is a good kid.

Thelma, That KCM workout is one that I don't have, but it looks like a good one. Glad to hear that your shoulder blades are feeling okay after your workout. Sounds like you are getting in some great workouts even with the constraints. I have all of Michelle's workout except for her 360 workout, but with all the rave reviews it gets, I'm thinking of getting that one also. I had some great results doing her workouts for 8 weeks, but she is very high impact. My endurance really improved a lot doing that rotation.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I think I set a personal best at the gym for calorie burns during my Insane-X class. :huh: :noway: WHOA! She decided to do the “obstacle course” style set up and this time we did each station 5 times at 45 seconds each; 10 second break in between and then 5 burpees. There were 10 stations I believe. Including the box jumps, I traded off with the higher and lower one with my partner. He didn’t want to do the high one the whole time; the low one felt easy to me so it helped with 5 rounds of that. So another words, your heart rate basically never went down. :noway: She kept us over the time since we were in the gym …. It was intense but fabulous. :bigsmile: She changed the “beach workout” to July 22nd. This a.m. was STS Back/Bi’s headed to Spinning after work. :wink: I’d love to take the kids for a walk in the evening but it is still too hot until about 9:00 this week with our higher temps.

Thelma: I’m so glad you liked your new KCM workout! :drinker: :flowerforyou: Always nice when you get a new one and it goes to the “keeper” pile. I bet you are anxious to see your PT for the follow-up visit.
    Depending on how your feet are feeling you may want to modify on some of the Michelle Dozois cardio bursts. They increase in intensity but she offers modification but Laurie is correct, there are some higher impact moves in the cardio bursts forsure. Just a heads up :wink: I understand why you would want to do AfterBurn again ….. it’s a great one!! Enjoy your workout tonight.

Laurie: Sounds like you had a nice 4th of July weekend and getting in all the workouts! :bigsmile: Great job!!! That’s funny you had to take the wrap off the DVD. Flex Train is another great workout forsure. It took a few times for me to enjoy it as much as I do now, one of those that has grown on me but now I always look forward to it. I’m not sure how heavy the Bosu balls are but they do have some weight to them and as you get tired they feel even heavier … naturally! :laugh:

Hi Laurel :flowerforyou: I'm sure you had an amazing combo today with the workouts!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Late check in today since DH and I finally got a chance to play golf! :drinker: We played a par 3 day before yesterday, but today was our first outing on a full length course, and it was wonderful. It is kind of hard to get to golf this time of year because of all the rain. But today it stayed perfectly clear for us.....though it is raining now. Anyhow, before golf, DH and I did STS Back and Tris, and I followed it with Afterburn Bonus Burn premix. :heart:

Tami, sounds like a killer workout! I love it that you partnered with a guy and you were up for more challenge. No surprise though!! Sounds like things have heated up your way. I suppose it is nice.....I hope. But 99 is hot! No complaints about the Florida summer from me. While it is warm, with rain every day, we don't stay warm all day. I love that, DH won't start his new job until Sept 1, and we just found that out officially yesterday. So we still have lots of time together. It has been nice, and it is great to see him relaxing. I love having a schedule that is dictated by is and not the Air Force.

Laurie, sorry to hear the barre from LBB hurt your knees. I remember having some issues the first couple of times I did it, so I can see why it bothered you. I think it is wise to skip that section. But I think LBB is one of Cathe's best lower body workouts. Also glad you liked Flex Train. This is one that has taken me a bit to grow to like, but I really like it now, especially when used in combination with other strength training workouts like it was this week. DH and I are definitely enjoying the home building process so far. We keep checking on the land....just to make sure it is okay with all the rain and such. :laugh: I can't wait to follow the progress!

Thelma, sorry to hear the plank irritated your shoulder but, hopefully, it is short-lived. Hope your ortho appt went well. I think it is good you went back for one more appointment. Glad you are enjoying Afterburn. Such a great workout and relatively easy on the body!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, AfterBurn tonight. Such an awesome workout! My new DVD's arrived today but I've not had a chance to unpack them. Working from home is a lot of work! It's 9:45PM and I just finished some work.

My ortho visit went well. I'm glad I went because I kept hearing this clicking sound when I flexed my right foot in the mornings when I do my plantar fasciitis exercises. Turns out I still have a little inflammation on this little tendon that goes from the inner side of the heel toward that little bone that protrudes on the inner side of the foot. Can't remember what the doctor called it. Today of course my feet have not been happy at all. Haven't felt like this in a while.
    I did tell the doctor what I've been doing and how I have more good days than bad ones. She said that I'm way ahead of the game in the healing process because sometimes it can take up to a year to heal. She says that attention to detail is important with plantar fasciitis and that I'm doing that. She also said that I'm going above and beyond with the exercises, massage and KT tape. :bigsmile: I have another appointment in September in case I need it.

Laurie, good to see you! You're doing great with your workouts! Sorry you hurt your knee with the barre workout!
    I'm glad you have Michelle's workouts and you like her. I may not try this workout in a while given that my feet are a little unhappy now. I think I got it because I saw modifiers but of course I've learned to modify/improvise a lot during the last few months. I do like that KCM workout. I couldn't believe how much it elevated my heart rate and I wasn't even going full force because of my feet! Definitely one for the "Keeper" pile.

Tami, OMG! You had a SERIOUS burn. Talk about being on FI-YA! I could see the smoke all the way to MA!!! :laugh: :laugh:
    Katy is challenging you guys in a big way! You should be so proud of yourself for all those workouts you do. OUTSTANDING job!

I think the ortho visit went well. I also asked her to give me a boot for my left foot. Sometimes I could use a boot on both feet.
    I'm glad you also like Michelle Dozois and thanks for the heads up on the high impact. I will be very careful.

Laurel, I'm so glad you and your husband had such a great time playing golf. Great workouts as usual! I love that your husband is still working out with you!
    My shoulder blade is better thankfully. At least I don't have the constant ache I get when I get tight so this is good.

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in the last of the week 3 Meso workouts with Back and Triceps yesterday.

Tami, Excellent job on the X workout, sure sounds like torture to me. I love that you where the tough partner. :wink: I must admit that the music in Flex Train did bother me a bit. I'm not usually one to even notice that, but it was there and loud! :huh: Overall I liked all the moves in the workout, except for some of the back work. I was surprised that she was using 25# for 16 reps. How heavy do you go with that one? I bet that bosu gets heavy when the reps go up.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you where able to get out and golf. I'm sure that you will be able to do that more often during the year. I take it that your DH is just doing the STS workouts? Have to ask you to what weight you use for the one arm row on Flex Train. Just thought it was a bit strange that she went so heavy, well heavy for 16 reps at 25#. My DH was at the build site every day, and we where on our land too. It was nice to get to know all the neighbors before we actually moved in. That was a good thing, because they noticed that someone came and stole some lumber from the site. The county sheriff was able to track the person down who stole it. :wink:

Thelma, Oh how fun that you have some new DVD's, it is like getting gifts. :laugh: Glad to hear that you are healing faster than expected. Yes Michelle does have a modifier, and you know how to modify even more. My favorite is the Cardio Interval Burn. Just love the flow with that one. I have never been a fan of barre work, so having my knees hurt during the exercise was just enough incentive for me to never look at the LIS Barre workout anymore. :laugh: I was contemplating getting it. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was Rockout Knockout with the heavy bag section (without a bag) added on. I also added on 4DS Kickbox cardio and Abs for a full 90 minute workout. It felt terrific!

Laurie, I agree about Cathe's jump from 8lb weights to 25lbs in Flex Train. I think the thing about it is that exercise in the only heavy exercise in the workout....and is followed by two band exercises for the back so, to me, the back work doesn't feel 'complete'. Anyhow, to answer your question, I use 25lbs. I got used to the jump after the first couple of times I did the workout and feel the heavy weight is needed because of the other back work (or lack thereof). But I think going lighter with that weight and maybe focusing more on the band work than what I do (since I don't like band work) would be equally if not more effective.

Thelma, glad you went to that ortho appointment and got good news about how quickly you are healing and some good tips for how to continue to improve. Really sounds like you are doing everything right. Sorry about the long work hours! :noway: That has got to be tough. :flowerforyou:

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was great last night . . . it was extra warm due to the outside and then their problems with the A/C :huh: but we all made it through. She was going to stop @ 45 min if we were too warm but we gave her the thumbs up to keep going! This a.m. was Rockin Knockout w /the heavy bag bonus. :wink: I just did my weight gloves of course, but I am liking that option forsure. Thank you ladies for mentioning it in previous posts/workouts.:flowerforyou: I don’t know why I thought I couldn’t do those workouts without a bag. My gloves are pretty heavy and just the motion of it is great. No gym class for me tonight so will head home and get in a workout of some kind and then mow the lawn . . . the back anyway, it will be shady! DH is gone so I have the workout area to myself.

Laurel: Sounds like your new life in Florida is treating you both fabulously! :bigsmile: :drinker: Very fun that you were able to play some golf and the skies stayed clear for you. I bet it is really nice to see your hubby relax, that’s so good. So you guys get to have several months together until he starts the new job. How nice during the building process, enjoying golf and each other’s company. Sounds wonderful – I’m happy for you two. Outstanding job with the workouts and I bet AfterBurn Bonus pre-mix felt like a perfect compliment after Back/Tris! Nicely done. Another great combo today as well!!! :bigsmile: :noway: Thanks for the kudos on the partnering ….. it can be a little intimidating but I felt good about my skills/strength. Yes, 99 on Sunday will be HOT for us. :huh: We don’t normally get into these temps, only once and a while. Again, not complaining though. I will make a plan to take the dogs swimming forsure one way or another and get the hose going on them – Emma loves that and helps keep her cool. Bernie acts a bit like a little princess and only wants the water trickling on him.:laugh:

Thelma: WooHoo on the new DVDs arriving! :drinker: Always fun when you get a batch of them … can’t wait to hear how they go for you. Great feedback from your PT appt! That’s wonderful she is happy with your results. Sounds like you are doing all the right things, which is great. Glad your shoulder blade is doing better too from the other day. Hopefully that just continues to get better and eventually no little setbacks. It will happen! :flowerforyou: Fi-Ya & smoke girl!! That’s pretty funny … Yes, it was intense forsure on Tuesday night. She commented last night to her “regulars” at Spinning what a great workout that was. We all agreed! Thank you on the kudos!

Laurie: Great job with the workouts! :drinker: :smile: Thanks for cheering me on! Here’s the other funny part …… the guy I was partnered with is a police officer! :laugh: Do you mean on the one-arm rows? I use 25# or 30#, I try to take advantage of going a little heavier in some of the exercises on that workout; I felt like some of the exercises were too light. A few of her “newer” workouts she put out (the last bundle) have felt that way to me and so if I’m feeling the strength I go a little heavier or not, just depends. :wink:

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow!:flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, spinning and a little PT tonight. I think I jinxed myself because my feet were hurting today including my calves. I've massaged and iced. I think I know what the root cause of my foot problems is: The floor. I'm in the basement which is unfinished and we've put a couple of carpets and padding to my workout area but it's not good enough. I started to searching for best aerobics floor types and came across an article by Cathe where she talks about the best floor they've found for aerobics. The floor she likes is too thick for my basement. DH says that with that high floor even I as short as I am would hit the ceiling if I jumped! LOL.
    Anyway, Cathe's article was very educational so I've asked DH to build that up for me. Some research is still needed but at least we have a place (thanks Cathe) to get the materials from.

I took the shrink wrap off the new DVD's but because of how my feet feel I didn't want to try them tonight.

Ladies awesome job on that rotation! You're all doing sooooo goood! :drinker:

Laurie, too bad your knees hurt with the barre workout. I wonder if the barefoot part is a good idea. I have the feeling that a barre workout is what threw me over the edge with my feet. I was really getting into Cathe's workout too!

Laurel, what a cool workout you came up with today! No golf today? I am so upset about my feet. I feel like I have a full blown flare up! I'll sleep with both boots on tonight and hopefully my left foot will feel better. The right foot is the one with the Achilles tendon problem so I need the boot there. I discovered a couple of weeks ago when my left calf felt pretty tight that sleeping with the boot helped me relieve the tightness.

Tami, I bet that spinning class was a sweat fest if you guys have AC problems! If the trainer wanted to stop the class it must've been very hot in there! It's good to know that the heavy bag bonus section can be done without the bag. Hopefully soon I'll be able to do those workouts again! I hope I feel better tomorrow so I can try one of the new workouts! It is always fun to get a new batch of DVD's. I'm so disappointed about my feet but I think it has to be the floor causing my injury.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

All I can say about the Rockin Knockout workout is WOW! I loved it! It seemed to be parts of Cardio Kicks and KPC with updated music. She can keep doing these types of workouts, just a lot of fun. I also did the bag with my weighted gloves, so my upper body is really feeling the love this morning. I'm going to be subbing today's workout on the rotation for KCM's 30MTF Body Training Workout, and I will be doing both of the 30 min routines. Tomorrow we don't have a lot going on, so I'm hoping to get in a yoga workout. Have not decided on the instructor yet. :wink:

Thank you Laurel and Tami on confirming that I didn't do a no-no with the Flex Train, by using the 25# weight. I just found it so strange that we jumped up to that weight so quickly.

Laurel, WTG on your combo. Great way to add in that 4DS kickboxing workout, another one of my favorites. Guess all of Cathe's kickboxing workouts are winners for me. :laugh: I have actually come to like Kickmax, it was one of those that I just dreaded at one time. Maybe it was because I couldn't handle the cardio challenge in it. The one back exercise I didn't like in Flex Train was the plank/row. I don't like being in plank on one arm, my wrist start hurting. :frown:

Tami, All of you spinners are troopers to do a workout without a/c. Hope you enjoyed your workout time with no one around. :wink: LOL on your partner being a cop! I'm enjoying doing the heavy bag portion of the workout also, I only have 1 lb weighted gloves. I think that I could probably just use weights also to increase the pump. I know that KCM does that in her new Total Body Kickboxing workout.

Thelma, I too workout in my basement, and really would love a great floor. I know that will not be in the cards, but one can dream. :laugh: Hope you find a good solution, I only have those floor pads and carpeting. Seems to work all right for me. I might try it barefoot, but that will have to be in the future. Still not a huge fan of those workouts. I didn't like the added work that Cathe put into the Meso 1 Disc 7 Leg workout. The other workouts where fine, but this one was just to strange for me. :laugh:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies & TGIF!!!!! Today was Great Glutes w/ bonus chair work and headed to Spinning after work. :bigsmile: I ended up mowing the entire yard last night and by the time I was done I was a sweaty hot mess and just wanted a shower and ice water! So that was a good workout I suppose. :smile:

Thelma: Great job with Spinning & PT last night but sorry to hear your feet & calves were bothering you. That’s great you have done your research (as usual) and will be getting some better padding down in your basement. I use a couple of yoga mats side-by-side and anchor them down with hand weights; then I have a thicker mat I can put on top if I feel I need more cushion . . . but your way that Cathe has recommended I’m sure is much more stable and will be perfect! Thanks for cheering us all on ~ Yes, I know before no time at all you will be pulling new DVD’s out of that box and trying them!

Laurie: So good to hear you liked Rockin Knockout!!! I saw your calorie burn … Holy smokes, you were on “fi-ya” – :drinker: great job. Awesome job switching out the workout this a.m. I am sure KCM did not disappoint. Yoga sounds great …. Enjoy. I did end up getting KCM’s Total Body KB workout but haven’t tried it yet. I think I will like it though from what you have said and other reviews I read.

Laurel: I'm sure you killed it today in the workouts! Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, TGIF!!! tonight I did Jillian's One Week Shred and my PT exercises. The new DVD's has two workouts. One for Strength which is to be done in the mornings and the second one is a the cardo which is for the PM and it's only 1/2 hr long which is nice. I think the cardio workout is good except for the fact that there is no warm up and she goes straight into jumping jacks. Now warm up she says because the entire workout is cardio. My knees were not happy when I tried to do the jacks right out of the gate so I stopped the DVD and jumped on the spinning bike for 10 minutes then I went back to the so called warm up. Not crazy about the lack of a warm up. My feet felt much better today and my calves too but the left one is still a little tight. Thank God I asked the ortho for the second boot! BTW, I did my jumping on a trampoline toi

Laurie, I really hope we hope a good solution for the floor. Tonight when I was working I decided to do a couple of jumps on the floor and it so hard after having been jumping on the trampoline/

Tami, great workouts today! I've told my husband that the floor has to be a top priority item on his "honey do" list. LOL
    I have a thick workout mat but jumping on that is not enough for me.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Was able to get in that KCM workout, and really thought it was a great sub for the one on the rotation. I took Saturday as a rest day, just to much going on to get some yoga in. Yesterday was Disc 10 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps with Ab Circuit Weights & Plates. Now I remember why I don't do the Weights & Plates workout all that much. :laugh: That is one is super tough, and not enjoyable.

Tami, I bet that shower felt wonderful after that lawn mowing and workout session you had. We are suppose to be getting a polar vortex this week, so our temps will be in the 40-60 degree range. I think it is time for me to get some gardening done during that time. Keeps the mosquitoes down when it is cold outside. Just hope that it doesn't rain like is has been. I had a blast with the kickboxing workout, could end up being one of my favorites. I like that she doesn't do endless jumping jacks also. I think that you will really enjoy the KCM workout.

Thelma, I have that Jillian workout, and she really doesn't do warm-ups in most of her workouts anymore. She does do a lot of high impact in that one, but you know how to make it work for you. Nice that you have the trampoline.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I missed you all on Friday. DH hurt his back and I ended up taking him to the doctor. He is fine now, but I wanted him to get it checked out. Anyhow, I did Great Glutes on Friday, and then did a workout I have only done once before--the Bonus Combo workout on Cathe's Muscle Endurance/Boot Camp DVD. I really enjoyed it. I ended up working out on Saturday and did Circuit Blast and Cathe's Max Intensity Cardio. Yesterday was STS Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Weights and Plates Abs and Cathe's Step Moves. Today was STS Legs, Extended Stretch and Kick Max. :heart:

Tami, great job with the workouts! Hope your weekend wasn't too hot. I imagine mowing felt much too hot!! :noway: i would call that a good workout!!!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed Rockout Knockout. It has become one of my favorites. So much fun and no dread factor at all. I agree about all of Cathe's kickboxing. The one I never liked as much was Kick Max, but even that one feels good some days....like today, I also agree about Weights and Plates Abs. It is good.....but tough a no fun!

Thelma, so sorry to hear about your feet! I hope you find a solution soon. It definitely could be flooring. That Jillian workout....:grumble: . I really don't like it when trained professionals put out a DVD that is not responsible....like I consider a cardio workout with no warm-up. What would it take to film a solid five minute warm-up? I know Cathe did not do a cool down in some of her Shock Cardio workouts, and I didn't like that either. I like my DVD workouts to be complete. So I am sorry to hear about that.

My in-laws are coming over tomorrow, so I will see you all again on Wednesday!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies – Nice weekend of workouts and time with the “kids” and my BFF on Sat. :wink: So Friday was Spinning with Katy, which felt great to end the week with that. Sat a.m. was KCM Plateau Buster (really like this one). Then yesterday was STS Chest/Shoul/Bi’s followed by Weights & Plates Abs. I also took the kids for a walk both mornings. We had to go early since it was so hot. No lake swim though :frown: I forgot they were having a Sprint Triathalon and the swim portion was in the area where I was going to take them because I can walk from my house down there. This a.m. was STS Legs w/ X-tended Stretch ……. Tonight will be BootCamp.:smile:

Thelma: Awesome job making the workout “your own” and getting in a better warm-up if needed. :bigsmile: :wink: I've made my own warm-up before or used another workouts warm-up that I liked better and then put the main workout back in. :wink: Glad to hear your feet were feeling much better too! Hope that stayed true through the weekend as well?!? Yes, I am sure the floor in your workout room is definitely at the top of the list. It would be for me too.

Laurie: Nice job with KCM!! Sounds like it was the perfect choice for you.:bigsmile: Great to hear that I will like the KB workout …. I am sure I will too! Hope to give it a try soon. Maybe on one of my add-on days on the weekend is what I am hoping for. Great job with STS & Abwork. I was thinking it had been a long time since I had done that ab workout. It is a tough one but I enjoy the variety in it forsure! Keeps my motivation up :wink: Dang it on your temps going down that far. Yowsa!! We have another week right at 90 and then the weekend will be in the 80’s. The “kids” certainly did well being in the house a lot over the weekend. Helped keep them cool – along with the hose spray down and massive ice cubes that they both love to eat. :laugh:

Laurel: You are on fi-ya with the workouts friend!! :noway: :noway: :drinker: WOW Nicely done. Sorry to hear your hubby hurt his back, glad he is ok now. Did he strain something or it went out? That is never fun.:frown: My hubby has back pain A LOT unfortunately. Yes, the weekend was very warm. I am still not complaining but I am glad to see the temps will be about perfect in the 80’s at the end of the week. Where DH is gone fishing right now it has been 100+ every day and it is a “dry hot” part of that state so feels hotter than even 100.

Hope you all have a nice afternoon/evening! :flowerforyou: Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my feet bothered me a lot today so I had to take it easy with upper body and some walking. I did XT Bi's and Tri's using small weights. Sunday was spinning and Saturday one of my new dvd's : Tracie Long Training Endurance for Movement. I really liked this DVD because it gave me a nice burn and it wasn't high impact. There were pushups, burpees, mountain climbers. She uses these rags instead of disks or paper plates. This workout is more what I need right now given my feet. I didn't even feel like I was working out hard yet I burned almost 500 calories in one hour.

Laurie, nice going with the rotation! I can't believe Jillian doesn't do warmups. That's how she can claim the workout is 30 minutes long. If I had known that I would've passed on her DVD's. Cathe has the best warm ups! I bought the trampoline when I started doing P90X because I knew there was too much jumping involved. I think I need to start doing some of those rebounder workouts again.

Laurel, great workouts as always! OMG! Did your husband hurt his back doing the workouts? I'm glad he's fine now.
    I'm upset about my feet. Today was a depressing day because of my feet were achy and I knew doing a challenging workout was not an option. I'm pretty sure the floor is my biggest problem. DH was checking out the floor situation in the basement on Saturday and took measurements. I doubt that it will get done soon because we have too much going on. He's super busy with work and my aunts will be here next Friday so forget about doing the floor then.
    I was really disappointed on Jillian's video not having a warmup. I won't be buying any of her stuff anymore. I would have to add a Cathe warmup whenever I do her workouts.
    Enjoy the time with your in-laws!

Tami, great workouts and a nice weekend with friends and the kids! Too bad the kids couldn't go swimming! You guys have been having really hot weather! We've been humidity free but this morning when I opened the front door I could feel the humidity. It's been rainy and cloudy so that is helping with the humidity not feeling so intense.

I had to stop and Jillian's workout and do a proper warmup. I still can't believe she stared with jumping jacks. My feet were doing better but not today. They did feel better after my workout tonight. I can tell the fascia is tight around the heel area so I've been massaging a lot. I've been resisting taping my feet again. I just don't want to have to wear that tape but might have to do it. BUMMER!

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did the last leg workout for Meso 1 yesterday, and I was sweating buckets. Followed that up with the extended stretch. Today will be my fist time trying the X10 workout. :wink:

Laurel, Glad to hear that your DH's back is okay. Funny that you did Kickmax yesterday. :wink: I avoided it for a long time, then pulled it out about a month ago. I was surprised how much more endurance I had, and didn't have any problems with the cardio challenge. Now it isn't such a dreaded workout for me. So far I have enjoyed all the other ab circuit workout, but I'm probably not going to do the weight & plate one again. I will find a sub if it comes up.

Tami, WTG on those workouts! I can't believe how hot your temps are. Woke up this morning to 52 deg. Not suppose to get above 65 today. I'm betting you wouldn't mind our polar vortex right now. :laugh: Sounds like I will have to put that Plateau Buster on my wish list. I also want to get her new one that involves the heavy lifting. The one with the use of cardio equipment doesn't appeal to me at all.

Thelma, Sounds like another winner with your new DVD's. That is a great calorie burn. The Kicbox FastFix workout that Jillian does has what Jillian considers a warm up, but it is only three exercises done twice. One happens to be arm swings. :noway: She has been doing that in her more recent workouts vs. her older ones.

Have a great day!
    Laurie