Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am enjoying some much appreciated alone time this afternoon as DH is meeting with his new boss. I am really enjoying spending time with my husband but I am also used to being alone about 12 hours each day, so having somebody around all of the time is taking some getting used to! I must say I am very proud of my husband as he did yesterday's STS Back/Tricep workout today on his own! :drinker: Maybe he will stick with this for awhile! Anyhow, my workout today was Hard Strikes with both the Bonus Bag section and Core 1. I also snuck in a section from Rockout Knockout.....just for fun. :bigsmile:

Tami, I am glad you enjoyed a good class with Katy. I am sure she was happy to have you back! I completely agree about accountability.......and I need that right now. So thank you all for being here for that! Well, we looked at another lot and house yesterday.....and we are back to building a new home again. :ohwell: We will meet with the agent in the morning to work out the cost and see if it works for us. Our problem right now with previously owned homes is they are running a bit more expensive than new homes. We looked at a few open houses this weekend, and I remain shocked at how people live. I am far from a clean freak, but the notion of spending a few hundred thousand dollars and having to then clean up after other people doesn't appeal. Maybe DH and I have simply rented too long, because the idea of being able to decide something about our home AND call it our own really does sound good. So......we'll see. We have 10 months left on this lease, and it will take six months to build. We don't mind breaking this lease by a few months given what happened when we moved in. And the good thing here in FL is we don't have to pay the remainder of the lease if we break it.....so no significant damage if it is the right thing to do.

Thelma, hope your upper body still feels good after the Squeeze workout. Sounds like you are making good steps in your recovery. I tell you, my right foot has been killing me lately, so you have all of my sympathy right now. My plantar fasciitis was in my left, but it feels like I have it now in my right. I think a combo of raising my step height and unpacking shoeless is too blame. Very frustrating.....and painful. It isn't impacting my workouts, but, boy, it hurts when I am not wearing shoes. :grumble: So if you have any recommendations....please share!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    TGIF! :drinker: Even with a short week I am saying TGIF! :laugh: :wink: It has felt like a very long 4 days for me at work forsure. Nice thing though is it has gone by fast each day. This a.m. was STS Back/Tris and tonight we are headed to a friends house for dinner so no Spin :ohwell: Tomorrow a.m. I plan on a nice workout so that will be good. Took the kids for a walk last night and went a little further than the “normal” walk I have been taking them on. Emma did great! Bernie was actually panting harder than Emma ….:huh:

Thelma: Great job getting in an UB workout last night! :drinker: Way to ease into it and see how you feel. Nice to hear “so far so good” too! It’s good your feet were feeling a little better and I guess the best thing is that you are definitely aware and being cautious. I forgot to report back about my BIL and his foot. I haven’t talked to him since Father’s Day and offered the suggestions you had sent me. He said when he gets the boot off he will try them. Not sure if he will but we will see. So no update but I will keep you posted … thanks for asking!:wink: It is harder to let them out on rainy days (like today) or snowy days forsure. But they are big dogs with lots of “padding” and hair. They have covered dog beds on our porch and houses and even then Emma will sometimes just lay out in the yard or by the gate ….. soaking herself So I know she is warm enough. It’s the sad look in her eyes when you put her out. A special trait that Golden Retrievers all seem to know how to use well! :huh: :smile:

Laurel: Fabulous job again today! :bigsmile: Way to end the week strong. I think I asked you this once before but when you do the Bonus Bag workout do you feel it’s still a good addition without the bag? Or do you have a bag now? Great that DH got in the STS workout. I know what you mean completely on brand new vs. spending the money and then moving into an environment that you have to clean to feel like it’s ale to be your space. That is a great feeling with building. We built our house and have since added on. I think it will be really exciting for you! :drinker: :bigsmile: In our area right now the cost per sq. ft. for building is pretty affordable but going up due to the market improving. Glad that it is actually a cheaper way to go for you guys!

Hope you ladies have a nice weekend! :flowerforyou: :drinker: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Slide & Glide last night (i forgot to hit post reply last night!). My back felt pretty good most of the day but for a while I felt that my left shoulder was higher than the right one. Tonight while Cathe was doing her advanced pushups I did a few shallow ones using the form the Squeeze workout uses which is working out very well for me because it hits my shoulder blades just right. I should try to do one of the chest workouts with lite weights soon just to get those muscles going because they are part of my problem.
    The plantar fascia felt a little tight today but I am not in pain. yesterday I felt a little pain. I may have to tape my feet again. I forgot to tell you that I bought these compression socks from Amazon and they are really good and they do compress your foot BUT I am allergic to them. My feet started to itch soon after I put them on which is too bad.

DH and I had brunch with some friends today. We had a blast!

Laurel, great workouts as always. I am so tempted to try one of those kickboxing workouts again but I'm afraid because the last time I did it I paid for it the day after. I can't believe your husband did the STS workout on his own! That is just wonderful! I can totally understand about you appreciating your time alone. We do a lot of things together but it's also good to have some "me" time.
    Sorry about your plantar fasciitis flaring up. I remembered that you told me the step workouts were tough on the fascia and I can attest to that now too since that is why mine flared up the other day.
    The things that have helped me are the following:
    ice, rest, massage (lots of), exercises for PF and compression with KT synthetic tape, the right shoes and not walking without shoes. When my heels hurt I massage them a lot until I workout all the tightness. Tennis balls are good massage tools but they're not hard enough for the feet. I found the "Oh Ball" which has been awesome the get under the heel part.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FM6CY24/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the exercises I do every morning now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kStuJAu0a20

Another thing is to keep your calves tightness free! The way you exercise you have to massage your calves because I'm sure your Achilles tendon is probably acting up. When my feet started to feel better is when I discovered that my calves had a huge knot deep inside and I didn't think they were tight. I had to roll my calves over a tennis ball to really knead that thing out. It hurt but it was worth it.

Hi Tami, TGIF!!!
    This HAS been a long week. I thought Thursday was Friday! Great workouts for you this week! Too funny about Emma doing better on the walk! LOL I hope you and your husband had a great time with your friends.
    All of a sudden I remembered the Squeeze DVD and decided to do it because like you said it's a way to ease into upper body exercises.
    I hope your BIL does do the exercises I sent you because they do help.
    I think I would have a harder time letting the dogs out when it's raining or snowing

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Wasn't able to get on, the youngest was using the laptop to play her Sims and Nancy Drew games. Did have a busy week at work, since two of my co-workers are out. One is serving his military obligation for two months, and the other went on his honeymoon. I have been trying my best to fill in where I can. I was only off on one day, just tired on Wednesday. I took it as a day off. I was able to get in all the other workouts, with STS Back/Triceps. My triceps where talking to me after that one. Yesterday was XTrain Hardstrikes Premix 12. I did the three tabatas even though I don't have a bag. I just kept my weight gloves on, and did the moves. I'm sure I would have gotten a better burn with the bag, but I don't know where I would put something like that. Just don't have the space. This morning I did XTrain Legs Premix 2. So the first week of the rotation is done for me. We went out last night to celebrate the oldest starting her new job. That was fun to have us all together.

Laurel, That is really great that you and your DH are official Florida residents. We did build our house, because we couldn't find anything that had a five car garage. I call our abode the garage with the attached house. :laugh: My DH was here everyday of the construction process. You almost have to be to make sure that things go the way that you want them to. You do end up with the house that you want though. That is great that your DH did the workout all on his own. I'm trying to convince my DH to do these PIYO workouts with me. I tell him Sting does yoga all the time for his exercise. :laugh: WTG on he workouts, I like the combo of adding in the Knockout workout. DH and I are getting used to being together more also. I think that this is the first Saturday that we are alone, both girls are working. :wink:

Tami, How great to be missed. Guess you can't go on vacation again unless you let Katy know you will be gone. :bigsmile: I think all those dogs have those sad eyes. We where just outside pulling weeds, and Cami wanted to lay out in the rain. I just didn't want to have a wet dog. But once it let up a little she was out there standing in the rain.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and easing into those weights. Sorry to hear the socks didn't work for you. All of you ladies are inspiration for me. It amazes me how you can find workouts that will work for you. I always want to get ride of some of my easier workouts, but then I think what happens if I get hurt. I then know I have some workouts in my stash of stuff to go to.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday :smile: Had a great weekend and Friday evening was fun too. I was able to meet a man that works with DH and then some of his friends and his wife, kids. It was very relaxing outside until the rain storm came in and left about as quickly. Saturday I decided on a KCM workout (one of the newer ones I have) “Shape Up” and met my girlfriend for a little lunch and shopping. :wink: Yesterday was STS Chest/Shoulders/Bi’s followed by Abwork and then Hard Strikes. Today’s workout was STS Legs, (p.s. I beat the Monday Snoozes!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: Wahoo .. must be the new rotation) :bigsmile: Tonight will be BootCamp/FAST. I think they are calling it BootCamp again. Then home to brush poor little Bernie. His shedding has come on like crazy! This a.m. he could not stop itching and hair was FLYING …. I felt bad that I didn’t have time this a.m. but promised myself I will do that tonight ….. we have a beautiful day out today so it will be nice. :wink:

Laurie: Great job with the workouts!!!! :drinker: :smile: Plus great job at work …. Sounds hectic. I’m sure they appreciate you filling in though (I hope). Glad you mentioned about the “heavy bag” work; I haven’t tried any of those drills since I don’t have a heavy bag but thought if I used my weighted gloves it might be a nice option. Sounds like you and DH are easing into the empty nester life (one of these days) nicely! I bet it is a weird thing when both daughters were gone to be there alone together.
    I love that you told him Sting does Yoga … you could add Adam Levine too! :laugh: If that helps in the motivation factor. It did feel nice to be missed, you’re right. Yes, I think next time I will let Katy know.

Thelma: Way to be getting back into the upper body workouts and trying what works and doesn’t.:smile: They must have given you the A-OK to move forward carefully with that? Sorry to hear the socks didn’t work out. Maybe there is another brand and different material you could purchase that do the same thing. What a fun time having brunch with your friends. I hope the rest of your weekend was great too! Yes, I hope he is going to do “anything” to try and improve his situation. I think he is feeling he needs to do everything & anything he can to improve.:ohwell: He is normally a very active person so I am sure this is driving him crazy.

Hi Laurel! :flowerforyou: How is the "lot" shopping or "new house" shopping going?

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did STS week 1 Legs tonight with lite weights. Had to go very shallow on the lunges because I was afraid to hurt my feet. I did Cathe's AfterBurn on Saturday and I believe that was my first time doing that workout. I really liked it. Spinning on Sunday. I still haven't given myself a break but I feel that I am in a better mental place than I was last week.

Laurie, great job on completing your first week on this rotation! Great job at work too! I'd forgotten your daughter had gotten a job! What a nice thing to go out and celebrate as a family! This group is very inspiring to me too Laurie. I've amazed myself this year because I've kept on working out despite my injuries. Don't get rid of the old workouts! The only ones I'd get rid of are the ones that you truly hate and you know you won't use even if injured!

Tami, happy Monday to you too! You've been amazing with those workouts lady! So glad you had a great weekend! Friday night sounds like a lot of fun! Congrats on beating the Monday snoozes! I'm sure your BootCamp class will be a lot of fun tonight. You do have good instructors.
    I've not been cleared to start lifting weights. I decided to do it on my because at the rate I'm going I'll be in PT the rest of my life. I've not been to PT since before my vacation because I only have 6 visits left for the rest of the year given the insurance I have. I'm going tomorrow so we'll see what the PT has to say.
    I tried a different pair of socks but those didn't offer me any compression as their smallest size felt too big for me. I'll have to stick to the KT tape. Thank God I'm not allergic to the tape!

AWWW! Poor little Bernie! Is the itching normal for him?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Finished up yesterday with STS Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Push-up fest on this one.:bigsmile: I was so happy that I was able to do them all on my toes, well except for those low end/high end ones. Still not able to get through all of those. Today was STS Legs, and the Extended Stretch. I had just started the stretching when the lights went out during a yoga pose. The electricity was not out for long, so at least I could get the rest of my stretching in. Severe thunder storms where the culprit.

Tami, Great job on the workouts. I'm really enjoying these workouts this time around. I think it is adding in all the other cardio. The lady that made this rotation has another one posted on Cathe's rotation forum. It is shorter, but interesting. Our Cami is shedding like crazy also, will have to get her into the groomer. She has the double layer of fur, so sheds a ton. We have had rain every day for the last week. Today has been the most severe thunder and lightening in a while though.

Thelma, Good job on the workouts. The leg workouts in the STS series are really good. I end up with sore legs afterward. I had sore calf muscles from the XTrain Leg workout also. I had a hard time walking down the stairs yesterday. :laugh: I have not tried Afterburn yet, but looking forward to it. Glad to hear that your are feeling more motivated, must just have been some vacation and jet lag.

Have a wonder evening,
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have to start out by saying YOU LADIES ROCK!!! :bigsmile: I love seeing all the great workouts happening and the check-ins happening!!

Things here are crazy, but good! I started my new job on Monday and I love it. There are lots of changes going on with my role (which I was told about in the interview process) and it reminds me of my first job out of college, which I loved. I do well with change and seem to emerge a leader when it comes to change, so I'm excited about the opportunity! :bigsmile:

We just came off a 12 day dogsitting spree with one of the puppies in the litter we fosters last fall. Let's just say, I'm glad I do not have a puppy here anymore. It was exhausting! :noway: We're taking a break from fostering for awhile, at least until I get settled into my new job, which is 100% home based (I get to get out and see clients, but my office is at home). I think we have our hands full with our 3 anyway. My puppy is going through obedience training for jumping, my girl is just the usually snarky girl she always has been and our rescue dog we adopted is starting to show signs of heart failure (which we knew was coming when we adopted him). So, we are busy with the dogs, just as much as the boys!! :laugh:

I've acquired a lot of great DVD's from trades, and have been having fun with walking, Yoga, resistance bands and stability ball workouts. I am especially excited to be able to break up my day with a workout if I want, since I'll be at home during the day! :bigsmile:

Keep up the great workouts and have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp/FAST was pretty good last night.:smile: We are now in the brand new room that they added on to the gym; it’s really nice and will be perfect this Fall/Winter when it is crowded again. It was stations w/ 60-second intervals of cardio in between. This a.m. was Cathe’s To The Max and tonight will be Insane-X. :bigsmile: I think it’s outside on the pavement tennis courts … but not positive.

Thelma: Great job with STS Legs & AfterBurn! :bigsmile: Did you like AfterBurn, that is one of my favorites! I’m happy to hear you are in a better place this week. Yay….. did you get some good rest over the weekend? Thanks SO much for the kudos on the workouts. It always feels good to me when I have had a few days off (which drives me crazy) :grumble: to get right back into it. Sounds like the KT tape is the best for now then and I’m glad it’s working. Yes, poor little Bernie is right . . . he has always been kind of an “itchy” dog depending on the time of year but right now with that undercoat coming off it is just flat itchy! I did spend some time last night brushing him and he was loving it. He just stood there and then his little leg started going when I would hit a tickleish spot (the wheel as DH calls it was flying). :laugh: So will get some more tonight but just the two bags I did last night had to help. I’ll take him down to the lake this weekend too for a swim, that should feel good.

Laurie: Great job with STS and the push-up fest!!!! :drinker: I am proud of you for doing them all on your toes! Nicely done …. I’m glad to hear you are liking the STS workouts this around. I think the variety of cardio thrown in and abs/stretching helps too. OMG! The shedding is crazy. Bernie’s hair is like needles and just flies, Emma’s is more like clumps but since her beauty treatment hers is way better, but still some shedding.

Erika: Great to hear from you and again, huge congrats on the new job!!!! :drinker: You get to work from home now!!! :bigsmile: That is so awesome. Great job on getting some new workouts and making it work for your schedule. Sounds like a well deserved break on the fostering .... puppies are exhausting. Darling but exhausting! Check in when you can.

Have a great evening ladies! Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Well since I didn't have To The Max (which was on the rotation), I had to make an executive decision on what workout would be fairly similar. I decided on 10 Minute Solutions Ultimate Bootcamp with Jessica Smith. Now one would think that those 10 Min. Sol workouts are easy, well this one isn't. I was sweating through the whole workout. I LOVED it! :love: I have not done this workout in a very long time, so it was fun. I'm also supporting a friend of mine by doing an ab challenge this month. Since it doesn't require any equipment, I did the exercises this morning when I woke up.

Erika, Nice to hear from you. Congratulations on the new job, and that you are enjoying yourself. Sounds like a really busy time with the boys and the dogs. Very nice that you have your office at home, that has to be nice. Have fun with all the new workouts. :wink: There are so many that i want, but how many can one actually do. :laugh: I still have some that I have not tried, and wonder when I'm going to get the chance to do them.

Tami, Sounds like a great BootCamp/Fast class. That must have been nice that you can break in the new area without all those extra people around. :wink: You are making up for me not being able to the To The Max! I chose not to get that one because of the step work in it. With two dogs shedding you must really have a lot of hair dust bunnies. I tend to find those hiding behind things around here. :laugh:

I have one day left of work this week, and then have 4 days off for the holiday. I'm looking forward to it. DH is hoping that his drum caliper shows up for his car so we can go to a car show on the 4th. It didn't show up today. :huh: Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, so he can get it fixed on Thursday.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry for missing you again yesterday. Still trying to figure out a 'schedule' with DH around. But the good news is we continue the workouts, and that is great. I pushed Saturday's workout (XT Legs) to Sunday and followed it with the cardio combo of KB and BC from 4DS. Yesterday DH and I did Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, and No Equipment Abs. And I added on Intensity for cardio. Today was STS Legs and the ultra cardio premix from Drill Max. Good stuff! And happy that DH continues to join me for the STS workouts! :drinker:

Thanks all for you comments on new vs previously owned homes. DH and I actually signed a contract for a new home on Saturday!! A little scary but very exciting!! It has been so fun to be able to choose colors and flooring and counter tops and such. We have already had our loan pre-approved and talked to the lender tonight. So we are on our way. May be into our new home around Christmas! :drinker:

Tami, great job with the workouts. Glad to hear your BC class is going well and NOT running camp! That must be a relief! You asked about the heavy bag work from Hard Strikes. I don't have a bag and, as Laurie said, I have no doubt these sections would be better with a bag. But with my hand weights, they are good enough. Not intense.....but good enough. I prefer the section from Rockout Knockout to that in Hard Strikes, though. Thanks for your input on houses. It will, without question, be amazing to have something that we can say is all us!

Laurie, great workouts! No fun with a power outage though! I get so frustrated when that happens during a workout, but at least you were in the stretch. I have really enjoyed adding this stretch to the end of my workouts! I definitely need to be doing more stretching than I have done lately. Is it strange to have a summer without the faire? I would imagine it is......but also a bit of a relief. Thanks as well for your input on houses. I had to laugh at the 'garage with a house attached'! But that is the great thing about having a house built for you.....it suits you. For me.....it is all about the workout room. :blushing: Amazing how few people understand that, but it is very important to me. Thank goodness DH understands.

Thelma, sounds like you are still doing some great workouts. Thanks for the input on my foot. I started doing more calf stretching, and that helped quite a bit. Oddly enough, DH and I went walking on the beach today barefoot.....and my foot has felt great since! :noway: Don't know what that is all about. But I don't mind doing that every day if I have to. :bigsmile:

Erika, so great to see you! And congrats on the new job!!!! I really hope you enjoy it. I hope it is less hectic and stressful than your last two jobs. And how fun that you get to work from home! That will be so nice on those brutal winter mornings. Sounds like you are enjoying a great variety of workouts!

Michelle, hope you are well! :flowerforyou:

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I had PT tonight and had the therapist work on my shoulder blades because they have gotten tight. I also told him that I needed him to show me exercises that will get help me eventually be able to do punching moves. He gave me two new exercises and I'm excited about that. I think I have 5 more sessions left on the insurance yearly PT allowance. If I want to keep going I have to pay $75 per visit. If I need to keep going at my own cost I would probably go once a month. I also did spinning tonight.

Laurie, great job with those workouts! Too bad you lost power the other night during the extended stretch. Be sure you stretch those calves really good after Cathe's workouts to prevent injuries. I guess I must've been jet lagged last week but it sure didn't feel that way to me.
    Good for you on that executive decision with the Jessica Smith workout! I got off the ab and squat challenge bandwagon during vacation and have not done any of the challenges. Must start doing them again!
    I am also taking Thursday off. I can't wait!

Erika, congrats on the new job. You are so lucky to be able to work from home!
    You sure have your hands full with your boys, your own dogs and the foster dogs! Good idea to take a break from fostering while you get used to the new job. Sorry about your dog with the heart issue!

Tami, I glad your BC camp was good and how exciting about the new workout room! Is it hot there? I don't think I would like an outdoor class when it's super hot.
    I did like the AfterBurn workout very much. I really didn't get any rest last weekend but I can't afford to take a day off my workouts just yet. My aunts will be here at the end of the month and will stay here for 3 weeks. I'm sure there will be a day or two around that time when I won't be able to workout so that will be my break.
    The KT tape is very good. I've not used it since we came back from Ireland and so far my feet are doing well. I think for me keeping my calves tightness free is key.
    I can just imagine Bernie's leg going when you were brushing him. Can you give him any Omega 3 supplement to help with his skin? Is Emma still doing well? I hope the brushing and swimming help him.

Laurel, congratulations on your new home. I can't believe you could be living there by December. OMG How exciting that your DH is doing STS with you! Great workouts this week.
    I can't believe that walking on the beach barefoot helped you so much! I am still trying to workout as much as I can. I just wish I could add more intensity but have to be very careful. At least I have started to do PT exercises that will eventually allow me to do the kickboxing workouts again. These exercises are really punching moves but in a slow, controlled manner using tubing .

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a super fun Insane-X class last night.:bigsmile: We did the “obstacle course” as I like to call it. Every station was 3 minutes long w/ 20 second breaks. KB swings w/ 25+ weight, agility ladder drills, throwing a 20 lb ball back and forth as you roll up and down doing a crunch, up and throw, box jumps (I was proud, I did the middle box – the other girls all did small box or stepped up and down:wink: ), hurdle jumps … it was a sweat fest forsure! She likes to do this one in the summer just to change it up. So needless to say we stayed inside. This a.m. was STS Back & Tri’s, tonight will be Spinning. :wink:

Laurie: I saw that you changed it up yesterday – way to go! :drinker: :bigsmile: I remember you debating on To The Max and because of the step action in there maybe you didn’t have it. I’m sure that workout your chose did not disappoint ~ clearly! I’m debating tomorrow on Party Rockin Step since I have yet to try it. :blushing: I put it in one day to review & didn’t feel like the learning curve was for me that day. So we will see. You know my challenges with choreography.:blushing: OMG! Dust bunnies and beyond …. Plus we have dark wood floors throughout most of our house. So when the sun comes in just right. YIKES! They are both blonde too so that doesn’t help “hide” the hairs. :noway: :noway: It’s blaring right at you. How fantastic that you have a 4-day weekend! I am happy to have 3 days off.

Laurel: WooHoo on the workouts and your new STS partner joining you! :bigsmile: That is fantastic. Way to go with the add-ons for you (as always)! Sounds like amazing combos. :wink: CONGRATULATIONS on your soon to be new home! :drinker: You guys are going to LOVE it and a brand new home for your new lives couldn’t be any more perfect! You guys deserve a shiny new home for all the moving you have done & living in rentals, etc. :flowerforyou: How exciting. Plus your very own designed workout room ~ you deserve it!!! :drinker: :wink:
    I am very relieved it is not running camp forsure. She keeps telling us that she can make this class whatever we would like and she is happy to take suggestions. I asked her one day if she will ever turn it into “running camp” she said NO – who wants to run for an hour when they are expecting a fitness class. YAHOO for that line of thinking I say!

Thelma: Great job with PT last night and learning some moves from him.:smile: I would imagine narrowing down on those appointments you want to learn as much as you can. $75 per visit gets expensive. Yikes :huh: Great news for you too that you are able to have a 4-day weekend! :bigsmile: I bet it will feel amazing. Any fun plans? The new workout room is actually nice and cool. Whatever they did when they built it they are dialed in on the A/C forsure. It felt great. Tons of new weights and more variety in the weights now too, which is great for BootCamp. We ended up staying inside for Insane-X last night but you’re right, eventhough it’s hot out (currently high 80’s) it makes it pretty warm on the paved tennis court. So I was glad we stayed in. She is thinking of taking us down to the city park/lake and do some running in the sand and all kinds of craziness in a couple weeks. We’ll see. :huh: She even mentioned swimming afterwards; in our clothes?!? :noway: :laugh: She wants to keep it interesting so people don’t opt for something else and this class gets cxld like her other 2nd one on Thursday’s did.
    I have been thinking about giving Bernie some Omega 3’s. I will try it and see. He was way better last night from being brushed again. It’s a never ending project right now, but that’s ok.

Hope you all have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did X10 premix 52 tonight and that was pretty good. Had to be very careful about the jumping and lunges but I did it. My feet felt like something bad was going to happen when I was done but they feel good after a massage on the Oh ball and ice.

Tami, that Insane-X class sounds hard! You did great on the class from what you're telling us! Good for you and we're all proud of you! I can just imagine the sweat fest!
    I need to learn as much as I can from the PT before I run out of visits. I'm excited about the 4 day weekend. ON Friday we're going to a BBQ in NH and I'll be making a skinny Asian cabbage and mango slaw for that. Then on Saturday my brother-in-law and his wife will come to our house. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 8am with an old physical therapist who made my custom made orthotics because I need to have them refurbished. It's going to rain all day long tomorrow and of course I'll be running errands.

I'm so glad your Insane-X class was indoors! You guys would've been dehydrated after that sweat fest if you'd been outside! That new workout room sounds wonderful! I love the AC part! LOL
    You better wear your bathing suit to your next Insane-X class!
    I think you should consider the Omega 3's for Bernie. I like to use Nordic Naturals for pets. I'm not giving it to any of my new cats now but this stuff is good. How long does the shedding go on for?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Hello Ladies

What a beautiful day we are having her today! Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, but oldest was in need of more business clothes for work. She wanted me to go with her. Of course I did manage to find myself some really cute shoes while we where shopping. :laugh: My workout yesterday was the STS Meso 1 Back & Triceps, and today was Kelly Coffey-Meyers 30MTF Kickboxing Premix #1 which is the combined workouts. I thought that was a great sub for the workout in the rotation.

Laurel, Great workouts, and of course having your DH working out with you on those STS workouts. Congrats on the new house, you will have a lot of fun watching all the changes that happen over the course of these months. Sometimes it will seem that nothing is happening though. :wink: This is our second summer without the faire, and I can honestly say that I don't miss it at all. All the drama is still happening, and we are not in the middle trying to control it. Oh how I would love to have a great workout room. I saw a workout room online, and was envious. She Had full length mirrors and surround sound. :wink: The video screen was in the mirror! :noway:

Thelma, WTG on adjusting the X10 workout. Great news on the two new exercise, I know that you really want to get back into the kickboxing. I don't what I would do if I couldn't punch. My calf muscles are doing good, must have been the combo of a leg workout and then Hardstrikes. That one uses you calf muscles more than you realize. This is the first time I have done one of these challenges, so we will see how it goes.

Tami, OMG on that Insane-X, sure sounds like a great workout! Party Rocking Step is another I don't have so I opted for todays workout. I thought is was a very good choice, added my weighted gloves with it. LOL on the hair, my floors are light brown and Cami is a mostly black GS. I'm looking at her right now snoozing away, sure wish I could do that during the day. I think she knows I'm typing something about her because those ears just moved in listening position. :laugh: :laugh: Enjoy your 3 days off, it was nice to do my workout when I wanted to today.

Have a day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Hope you are enjoying your extra days off today! :smile: Yahoo :drinker: I am counting down until I can leave for the weekend. Today’s workout was Athletic Step …. Wanted to do something I knew and it was a step workout so that was good. No class tonight. DH and I might brave the grocery store later for BBQ items for the weekend. It is absolute nuts out there right now. Our town is such a tourist town that people come in flocks to stay here for holiday weekends. Which = very busy stores and roads.

Thelma: Fantastic job with X10 last night! :drinker: :bigsmile: I saw that and wondered how you did with your feet. Sounds like you took care of them though. Yes, Insane-X is a tough one but something about the obstacle course style makes for a good mindset vs psyching myself up during the regular “rounds” of exercises. :laugh: on wearing a bathing suit. I asked one of the guys last night who is in all the classes I’m in if he is thinking we jump in with our clothes on. He said he thought so too. Ummmm the drive home may be a little uncomfortable. :huh: :noway: Katy is crazy like that so I am sure it wouldn’t phase her. We’ll see. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned …. Yay! Darn it on your rain though :frown: I am hoping to get in some good workouts, dog walks (including a swim for the kids too), the lake is only 1.5 miles from our house and a bike ride at least one of the days I hope. DH is getting his boat ready for his new July trips coming up so he will be out in the shop a lot on Sun.

Laurie: That sounds like a lot of fun with you and your daughter’s shopping time together! :smile: It’s nice she wanted you to go. Of course you found some new shoes … I always find everything when I am not shopping for me. It’s like “Murphy’s Law” and then you can’t find anything when you are shopping for yourself. :laugh: Great job with KCM KB workout! Sounds like a perfect cardio. I bet it felt amazing to work out when you felt like it. That’s one of my favorite things about a week day off or weekend.

Hi Laurel :flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a very safe & fun 4th of July weekend!!! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another busy week for DH and I trying to finalize things on the new house. But everything is definitely coming together. And the workouts have been great! Yesterday was STS Back and Triceps followed by To The Max. Today was Lean Legs and Abs followed by Party Rockin' Step 1. Loved it! I think I might do STS Total Body with DH tomorrow....just for fun. No big plans for the 4th, but there is a minor league baseball team that plays a few minutes from the house, so we may go watch them--and fireworks--tomorrow night for something different.

Laurie, is it really the second year without the faire? :noway: Where is time going? I am glad you don't miss it....or the drama. I would love a 'real' workout room, though I am not sure about a video screen in the mirror! But I was surprised how many houses we have looked at where none of the rooms were big enough for basic cardio moves. Very frustrating. At least the house we bought has a good size room, and we have a second room to hold cardio equipment. So that is a real plus. I loved your comments about watching the building process. I was saying the same thing to DH earlier today. It is going to be such a new experience for us!

Thelma, I am glad you are still benefitting from the PT. Oddly enough, the short beach walk really did wonders for me.....as has the calf stretching. I am not 100% yet but my foot feels much better than it did a few days ago. Thanks again for the suggestions. I will continue to pamper it for awhile.

Tami, great job with the workouts! I am so happy to hear the new BC instructor understands why running for class would not be a good idea. Both DH and I are really excited about the new house and being able to call it ours. We find ourselves driving by the property just to look at it! :blushing: But it is fun too!

Hope you all have a wonderful 4th!!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did Chris Freytag's Walking Cardio ShapeUp + PT. I ended up running errands a good part of the day and thankfully it never rained! It was super hot today. Apparently the storm will really hit us tomorrow with a lot of heavy rain.
    A lot of places in MA had their July 4 celebrations today or will have them on Saturday due to the storm. Of course this means that my BBQ tomorrow will most likely happen on Saturday and we won't be able to go as we have our own BBQ going on at our house.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm so excited for you and your new house! Good job for keeping your husband motivated to workout with you. I'm glad the your calves a re doing better too.

Laurie, Great workouts for you too! I'm sure it was fun to go shopping with your daughter. I can't wait to be able to do kickboxing workouts again! Hopefully that will be soon. I was glad I was able to do the X10 workout yesterday but really too soon to be doing that

Tami, I can't believe you did a step workout! Good for you! We will be going to the grocery store tomorrow too. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I guess you'll have to jump in the pool with your clothes on! Don't forget a big towel for your car seat!

My feet were feeling it this morning. I could feel the fascia getting tight but I am better now. I dropped off my second pair of orthotics with the therapist. Hopefully they'll come back soon.
    I was a little afraid to do the X10 workout but I did it. High Impact and step are no, no right now.
    You have a nice weekend planned out too Tami. Have fun. The storm is finally here. Huge thunderstorm right now!

Happy 4th ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. We had a nice weekend even though it rained every day. Good thing I love the rain!! Got some good workouts in this weekend, and DH has stuck with it now into week 3 of STS. I am very happy for him, to be honest. Friday we did STS Total Body, which was tough, I added on the 37 minute premix from X10. Saturday was a day off, which was nice. Yesterday was Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, and I followed it with IMAX 3 adding on the Blast-only premix at the end. Today was STS Legs, and I followed it with a cardio combo of Turbo Fire 45 and 60. Too much fun!

Thelma, hope you weren't hit too hard by the hurricane. Quite unusually, it formed right off the coast where we live. That is almost unheard of from what I understand. We had quite a bit of rain with it, but it wasn't a hurricane yet by the time it moved on. Hopefully you were able to enjoy some 4th of July celebrations. Hope you are feeling well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Hope you all had a great weekend! :smile: Was pretty quiet for DH and I but that was what I figured. I was able to get in some good workouts & a couple of dog walks. NO bike ride but that’s ok. Friday I did STS Legs followed by Kick Max, Saturday was just a dog walk and relaxation .. enjoyed the beautiful weather. Yesterday was STS Chest/Shoul/Bi’s + Stab Abs followed by Hard Strikes w/ Heavy Bag tabata. :bigsmile: This a.m. was STS Legs and tonight will be BootCamp.

Laurel: Sounds like your workouts are strong as ever and you are enjoying them! That Florida weather and all the excitement of your new home must be firing you up! Sheesh-ola on your workout today! Way to WORK! :bigsmile: :drinker: So great that DH is still doing the STS workouts with you. That's great you both did Total Body; that moves pretty fast for someone that isn't used to doing that workout! I bet it is a lot of fun :wink: Building is an amazing experience . . . You look at light fixtures, flooring, door knobs, drawer pulls/knobs in a whole new light! :laugh: Glad to hear that lovely beach walking is helping your foot.

Thelma: Hopefully your weekend weather went a little better than you all expected?!?! :wink: If not, I am sure everyone made the best of it?!? Sounds like you enjoyed your extra time off to get some errands done and workouts. Nicely done. . . you have been pumpin out the workouts lady! Way to go. Thanks for the kudos on my step workout the other day. I do like all step workouts that are more “athletic based” without choreography to think about. :wink: :smile: Emma did fantastic with the fireworks this year. Not sure what the difference was but she was very calm and didn’t seem to even hear them. We turned the TV up a little while the grand finale was going on a few miles away.

Hope you are all having a good Monday! Tami