Pickup Lines...That Actually Worked

Options

Replies

• theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    before my fiance was my fiance and we just hung out he got a girls number by sitting next to her at a mall food court table and surprisedly saying "oh, i'm sorry i thought i knew you!"
    lmao I still pick on him about it :p
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I met this guy and we hung out. I told him very clearly from the beginning that I just wanted to be friends. We hung out for 2 months and then I logged onto facebook one morning and I had a request from him to be listed as his girlfriend. I declined it, but a week later we started dating. We've now been together for almost 3 years and married for 1 :)
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "Hi, my name's Donnie and I like to have a good time"
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Does this cloroform smell funny to you?
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    It wasn't a line, but I used to have a card I carried in my wallet. It was printed up to look like a store coupon. It said good for one kiss, redeemable from any human being. I used it once on this gal I was watching all night. We dated for 2 yrs....
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A friend and I pulled the "Have you met Ted?" routine from How I Met Your Mother several times one night. We were really just goofing around and didn't care, but surprisingly it ended up working. Perhaps it worked since we really didn't care if it did. Lol.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I got a good one. Got the idea from some comedian, forgot who.

Walked up to a chick at a bar, after we were smiling and looking at each other all night, gave her my phone, and said, "Don't worry. I'll call you," and walked out. That s**t was so gangsta! Called her later that night, and let me say this, I got more than just my phone back. lol
    certainly would have worked around here!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "Hey, do you want a shot of this? ....What is it? It doesnt matter."

It worked great
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Not really a pick-up line, but it set the hook.

I asked a girl for her phone number at a Mercury Rev show in 1995, well before cell phone ubiquity. When she gave it to me, I took it into my hands, looked at her excitedly, said "I'm going to go call you right now!" And ran off.

She still tells that story to her friends. And our daughters, 7 and 10.

awww, I love this!
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've fallen for a few in my day. My favorite, hands down though, started with my best friend calling me while driving home from a crappy night at a party....

best friend: "You know, I realized something tonight...I'm afraid of marriage."

me: "Well that is completely normal silly. You are a guy. You are supposed to be afraid of marriage. Everyone is. It's a huge step."

best friend: "Really? I'm glad you understand. I should have known you would. Wanna get married?"

me: "Yep".

=0)
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    absolutely adorable!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was at my community college and #1 I had mono, I was discustingly sick and had no makeup on #2 bummin it big time in a t shirt and comfy pants.

So...

I am trying to walk out of school without crying I felt so bad and someone comes running behind me yelling "EXCUSE ME EXCUSE ME MISS" I turn around thinking he cannot possibly be talking to me. He says, "I just wanted to tell you that you are beautiful and I would love to take you out sometime." I WAS SHOCKED. REALLY?! I was so suprised that I gave him my number when he asked for it. Didnt go anywhere, but I am still amazed that that happened.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    "get on"..... Only works with harley chicks though...
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I once used "I don't do subtle, do you want to have sex?" on a guy. We're married now. I guess we had a little more than sex.
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    I once had a guy drop a packet of sugar next to my chair, bend over and pick it up, then hands it to me and says "I think you lost your nametag"
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Can not believe I'm sharing this....

Guy walked by and brushed my hair back and looked at my eyes. He said "red hair and green eyes... Do you have a little Irish in you?" I said no. He said do you want to. I cracked up. He was adorable. But he wasn't lying about the little part. Lol
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I once had a guy drop a packet of sugar next to my chair, bend over and pick it up, then hands it to me and says "I think you lost your nametag"

Awwww, so corny...just might work!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options

Awwww, so corny...just might work!

Nah, some girls these days are so stupid, they might think you're trying to call them splenda or something.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I actually had the "*kitten* me if I"m wrong, but is your name Daryll?" line used on me a LONG time ago. It was cute as hell. And it worked.

Erm. I mean he got a date.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I got a good one. Got the idea from some comedian, forgot who.

Walked up to a chick at a bar, after we were smiling and looking at each other all night, gave her my phone, and said, "Don't worry. I'll call you," and walked out. That s**t was so gangsta! Called her later that night, and let me say this, I got more than just my phone back. lol

You got lucky she didn't leave it on the counter...