Pickup Lines...That Actually Worked

Options

Replies

• NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Here's the truth, your pickup line could be the lamest one in the book but if she considers you attractive, it'll work.
    ^^
    True. The fact you talked to her will work in your favor. Bonus points if you make her laugh.
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    "Hi, I'm David."
    ^^^This is awesome. I never understood guys who used pick up lines. You can't just introduce yourself and see where it goes??
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    I once bought a large shelf from Costco and an attractive male employee loaded it into my truck and when I thanked him and made the comment that I didn't know how I was going to get it out when I got home he said he'd do it if I made him breakfast in the morning.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I was sitting on my own at the bar when a guy came up to me, he was carrying an empty champagne flute, he held the glass out to the bar tender and asked for a single ice cube. The bar tender dropped it in the glass. They guy then turned to face me and looking deep into my eyes, he then stuck his tongue into the glass, curled it under the ice cube and lifted it out of the glass and into his mouth.

I know it was his party trick but it was damned impressive those champagne flutes are deep.

My boyfriend wasn't so impressed though he said if he had realised what the guy was going to do he wouldn't have given him the ice cube. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    Give me three good reasons why I shouldn't buy you a drink...

you're sharp. wish there were more like you in my area.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Excuse me miss... I just wanted to let you know that my friend is going to marry you in the future...

Little did he know that we'd end up divorcing 13 years after that...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    "I think you're attractive: come do it with me."

Works for me! :wink:

I had a bartender ask me what color my eyes were. I said sometimes they're blue, sometimes they're grey and sometimes they're green. He asked what he had to do to make them turn green. Things got all kindsa hot and tingley right then! We dated for a couple of years after that.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My Husband is a pretty good wingman. The one that he uses most often (and has worked EVERYTIME)

"I'd like to introduce you to my friend. Horses are hung like him."
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    I got a good one. Got the idea from some comedian, forgot who.

Walked up to a chick at a bar, after we were smiling and looking at each other all night, gave her my phone, and said, "Don't worry. I'll call you," and walked out. That s**t was so gangsta! Called her later that night, and let me say this, I got more than just my phone back. lol

I am in no way a gamer, player, whatever.

I think this is a cool idea.

really.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It's not so much the pick up lines but who is saying them.
    When you look sharp and she's attracted to you, you can say just about anything.
    A simple "hello".
    After that, it becomes about your confidence level and how interesting you are, then your personality.
    Just go somewhere and forget silly pick up lines. Just go to a bar and have fun.
    Ladies love guys who are there having fun - not on the prowl with some inane pick-up line.
    If you play it right, the ladies come to you.
    Believe it!

I disagree, I hang out with a bunch of wise guys (and they are not the most attractive fellas) that can make you piss your pants with some of the stuff they come up with...never understimate the power of humor.
    It must not be working too much magic if you're trolling MFP for lady advice....:laugh:
    Anyway, good luck ....
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Humor trumps looks EVERY TIME!!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I've been good with ladies even though I'm not the best looking guy and since I have a heavy accent, most pickup lines get laughed at (not the kind of laugh you look for either). So I just rely on being bold, dressing nicely and knowing what to say and when to say. Humor will take you alot further than pickup lines will in my experience. Pickup lines relies alot on quantity, my methods are more about quality and so far I think I've done well for myself.

With that being said, if you seriously want to try a pickup line go for the shock factor. "I am a firm believer in 'lick it before you stick it'. Can I buy you a drink?" have done me good
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It's not so much the pick up lines but who is saying them.
    When you look sharp and she's attracted to you, you can say just about anything.
    A simple "hello".
    After that, it becomes about your confidence level and how interesting you are, then your personality.
    Just go somewhere and forget silly pick up lines. Just go to a bar and have fun.
    Ladies love guys who are there having fun - not on the prowl with some inane pick-up line.
    If you play it right, the ladies come to you.
    Believe it!

I disagree, I hang out with a bunch of wise guys (and they are not the most attractive fellas) that can make you piss your pants with some of the stuff they come up with...never understimate the power of humor.
    It must not be working too much magic if you're trolling MFP for lady advice....:laugh:
    Anyway, good luck ....

Dammit! You figured me out!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Humor trumps looks EVERY TIME!!!!

no, look with humor trumps humor or looks alone. Theres a reason the class clowns didn't get laid as much as the "pretty boys" in high school
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    I got a good one. Got the idea from some comedian, forgot who.

Walked up to a chick at a bar, after we were smiling and looking at each other all night, gave her my phone, and said, "Don't worry. I'll call you," and walked out. That s**t was so gangsta! Called her later that night, and let me say this, I got more than just my phone back. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats awesome!!
  • firefightingflip
    firefightingflip Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can't taste my lips!! Can you taste them for me?
  • firefightingflip
    firefightingflip Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    .......or I typed in sexy on my GPS and it brought me to you....
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    I once bought a large shelf from Costco and an attractive male employee loaded it into my truck and when I thanked him and made the comment that I didn't know how I was going to get it out when I got home he said he'd do it if I made him breakfast in the morning.
    \

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well... DID YOU??
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    .......or I typed in sexy on my GPS and it brought me to you....

that's a good one right there.

also, if he gets me laughing, he immediately has my attention.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I just got a new one from Ket the Jet....

"I'd like to Rodger your Hammerstein."

I'd drop my panties for that.

I'd sing for that one!