Top 11 Things I've Learned From MFP Forums

Options
1234568»

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    What to do in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse.

THIS

Home Depot. Just saying. Gardening section, everything you need to make a barricade, everything you need for makeshift weapons, and enough snack food to get you to the point where your own is growing out of the gardening center.

No, I don't spend too much time contemplating this.

Of course, Home Depot...it's beautifully simple...don't tell anyone else and neither will I, or there won't be enough snacks for everyone...
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    This was hilarious and true. Thanks for the smiles!
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Ooh! I've got a couple! :-)

- You need to drink AT LEAST the equivalent of an olympic-sized swimming pool every day in order to remain properly hydrated.
    - If you feel thirsty - IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE. Yes, this miracle of bio-engineering (sorry, creationists) just wasn't clever enough to incorporate an early warning system - kind of like a car designed with a fuel warning light that only comes on after the tank's empty.
    - If you feel hungry, you're probably just thirsty. You're just not intelligent to know the difference (despite the fact you've probably already downed at least 2 litres today), and it's got nothing to do with the fact you've survived on a couple of pieces of toast and some soup today because it's your friend's birthday this evening and you're going out for a meal. Trust me, another big ole glass of water will fill you right up!

- You absolutely, positively, unequivocally must never, ever, ever even THINK about weighing yourself daily. Despite what you may believe to the contrary, you're obviously not emotionally equipped to deal with fluctuations, so don't come crying to me when the scale fluctuates upwards by a pound or two. Not that you'll be capable of movement - you'll be too busy curled up in the corner of the bathroom in a foetal position, sobbing uncontrollably. It's the mfp equivalent of looking in a mirror and saying "candyman" 3 times - simply not worth the risk.

(Great topic OP and others - thanks for the laughs!)
  • denise4230
    denise4230 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You forgot the most important thing on MFP...

Everything is better with Bacon!

I tried my coconut mojito with bacon yesterday......it wasn't better. That makes you bacon lovers WRONG! (insert sarcasm here) :laugh: :drinker:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    AMEN and THANK YOU for posting!:drinker:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Love this! :drinker:
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This was awesome!!!!! Thanks for posting and making me smile today! :drinker:
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    OMG!! This is about the most hilarious and true thing I have read on these forums. Kudos to you forposting it! I didn't read all the other stuff people have written, because I usually find it so discouraging. Hopefully this is NOT the case here!
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I love this post.

I learned what skinny fat was, and that some people hate on that just as hard as being overweight - maybe even worse.

I'm all about doing what works for you. What works for me still includes Taco Bell and wine. Life is good. :drinker:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it!!! some times we need to take a step back and realise that this is a life change and we have lots of ups and downs - and some times we just need to laugh!!

thanks for the laughs. x
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm a member of a great dane forum, and when someone starts taking offense to someone else, one of us will usually pop in and tell whoever is getting offended to put on the BGP's... Big Girl Panties. This is an online world, a lot of people will have differing opinions, some will fight tooth and nail to make someone believe their opinion is the best... Just don't fall into the trap of being offended.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    funny but good stuff...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You can be as snarky and mean as you want as long as it is followed up by :flowerforyou:

:wink:
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Just a reminder that it's contrary to forum guidelines to re-hash old conflicts, issues, or user behaviors in the forums.
    6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.

Due to the large number of posts in this thread that cross this line, I'm going to lock the thread rather than try to clean it up.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.