Calling all Cathe fans!

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Cardio Recovery, CTX Shoulders & MIS Shoulders is finished. This workout was all yoga/weighted leg work/stretching. I'm glad that they included a workout like this, because I think your body really needs it after three days of intense cardio. Can really feel the workouts in my calves and abs. Each of the exercises makes you use your core, so I'm hoping for serious improvement. So far I have been very dedicated to the nutrition plan. :wink:

Tami ~ Did you get there early enough to spin? My HR gets up there with push-ups too. I will admit that I have been pretty tired, but I'm hoping that will start to improve after I get my endurance up. I'm going to be lazy on Sunday though. :laugh:

Michelle, I took my measurements and weighed myself before I started. The only thing that I need to do is get a picture taken. The last pic I took was in July, and I know that after Jillian/STS rotations I have done the body has changed. :wink: Glad you enjoyed that Less is More cardio. I had the DOMS in the chest after my CTX/MIS Chest round. :noway: Must have been the round after round of chest presses/push-ups. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!

Well, today was another Insanity workout...Plyo. I gotta say, it's tough, but not nearly as bad as i thought it would be. I was terrified to do this workout this morning, and was definitely glad when it was done, but pleased. I can see where doing just this workout for 60 days, would make any other workout I have seem way too easy. Plus, this workout gets my HR up there and keeps it up there...higher than other DVD's I've done. Just hope I don't injure myself...I can easily see how that could happen with the speeding up of the drills!

Tami--thanks for the message on STS. I'm bidding on the set on ebay, but it's getting up there in price, so not sure how high I'll go yet. Glad to hear it's a good workout, so at least I can keep my eyes open for a set!

Laurie--great job on the Insanity workouts!!! I was going to ask, what is CTX and MIS? I don't think I could do strength and Insanity in the same day..I'm still sore from strength 2 days ago, so those pushups killed me!

Michelle--I love hearing about all of your new workouts you're trying...I'm like you, I always have to change it up!

Have a great day!
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies:flowerforyou:

Erika- Yes I need constant change which is good and bad at times. Unfortunately after the knee injury I needed a high caloric burn without the heavy weight and so far so good with Circuit training:drinker:

Whew....another Iv stat......early start for me as my body is wierd and tends to perform better on 4-5 hrs sleep. I started early and finally did the Body by Jake Total body...wow:noway: My heart rate stayed up there and I clocked in at 900 calories burned:bigsmile: The soreness has started already so I will plan on Cathe's stretch later today b/c these legs and hammies are tightening up already.

Laurie & Tami- My superheroes:love: Insanity seems to be going well and obviously you are handling it great! Airborne! as we say in the military:laugh: What type of nutrition plan for Insanity 50/30/20 or 40/30/30 for the energy?

Tami- I don't know how you do it everyday but Kudos to you. Has the spinning been effective in slimming down your legs? I remember years ago when I had a trainer he would have me do HIIT on the bike for a warmup but then put me on the treadmill as my lower half takes forever to do its thing:laugh: My hubby loves the bike and treadmill combo but he is a runner and natural ectomorph which leans him out quickly.

Ok off to log some foods and get my day started!

Michelle
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Erika, Both CTX and MIS are Cathe workouts. I'm doing one body part per day. CTX is Cross Train Express, and MIS is Maximum Intensity Strength. MIS is one of her older workouts, and she wears a sweat band and has short hair. :wink: But she lifts heavier weights in MIS than in CTX, and she does the same exercises.

Michelle, They say the eating plan is around 40-40-20, but when I input it into MFP, it seems to be higher on the carb side. Not much, but then again it probably helps. Starting the 2nd month you increase your carbs, and they give you a list of some that you can add to the meals. They suggest adding at least 3 additional carbs for the 2nd month. The eating plan is very simple, and I have only subbed the lemon juice they use as salad dressing.:tongue: I sub in White Wine or Balsamic Ving.

Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies :flowerforyou:

FInally had a chance to check in! Yes, I made it to Spinning last night and it was really, really good. They had a different Wed Night instructor and she is one of the tougher ones. I really enjoyed her spinning class. Doesn't give you much of a break .... she kind of reminds me (in our DVD world) of Jillian! :laugh:

Michelle: I have to say "yes" in answer to your question about the slimming of the legs. I don't know if it is all the spinning, the HiiT, finishing up STS rotation or what but my legs have slimmed, I notice in my pants! :happy: :happy: Whatever it is I want to continue! I have been at a plateau for so long it is nice to be seeing some changes.

Erika: No problem at all! Anytime you have questions! Good luck on the eBay bidding! :wink: Keep us posted.

Laurie & Erika: Sounds like you both are doing good with Insanity. That's awesome!

I'll check in tomorrow - I have on the schedule to do Cathe's BootCamp tomorrow.

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    TGIF Ladies, :drinker:

Can't understand why I'm so happy that the weekend is here. I don't think it is because DH will be gone all weekend, but maybe it is. :laugh: Being married for 21 years, you need a break from the spouse every once in a while. :wink:

Prue Cardio is awesome! He keeps the same type of warm up, three rounds, each round going faster than the last. Stretch, but this one is 15 exercise. Each exercise is done for 1 min. You take breaks when you need to, and at one point I think Shaun was on the floor all by himself. :laugh: He goes around telling people to get off the floor for a break. This workout Shaun takes off his shirt too. :blushing: One thing he said when the workout was finished, and I have to admit is my feeling also. He asked "why do I do this?" His answer "I want to look good". :drinker:

Tami ~ I'm so glad that you are seeing changes. Part of the reason is the dedication also. You have been consistant, and I think that is a key factor also. You have to love an instructor that will work you so good and hard. :wink: I will admit that when I went to the gym, I didn't take to the trainer that they gave me. Probably would have done better in a group type thing, but how is it that a DVD instructor can push us hard too? :smile:

Erika ~ WTG on getting the Plyo workout finished. I will be doing that workout tomorrow, and I think that I will have better endurance for this round that my first try at it. I'm surprised that the warm-up this morning was easier than my first attempt. So in just 5 days of Insanity I have seen improvement.

Michelle, I just might check out that Body by Jake workout. Is it run by Jake, or is it another instructor? What is in that iv? Mine would probably be high octane caffine. :laugh: Hope you where able to enjoy a good stretch for those hammies.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Hubby was tired this morning so I took over morning duties with the 9 yr old. My eyes were so tired and the coffee was no help but I completed my workout.

Instead of Bootcamp I tried Billy Blanks Amped Buns and actually burned 600 calories in 40 minutes which was great. It was not high impact but a mixture of kickboxing moves and traditional exercises for the lower body. It is broken down into a standing and a floor routine and yes I could feel the burn with those hydrants:tongue: So this one will be used on cardio days for my Pm routine:bigsmile:

Ok off to shower and head to gymnastics with the little one and then the grocery store. I'm searching for the So delicous coconut coffee creamer sold in Whole foods as my International delight creamer cost too many calories and I have such a hard time giving it up:blushing:

Have a great day:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Well, I didn't win the ebay auction for STS, so I'll just have to keep looking. I REALLY want to get STS, but having a hard time with the $300 price tag when I'm not 100% sure on it yet. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be ready to splurge on it!

This morning was Cardio & Weights...that's a great one, but man does she move fast from one workout to the next...still getting used to that in some of her workouts. But, I love Cathe, so I'm fine with it!

Well, back to work. Hope you are all having a great Friday!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hey Ladies & Happy Saturday!! :flowerforyou:

Sorry I missed everyone yesterday. Was filling in for someone at work and wasn't the most convenient to jump on MFP. :ohwell: So I missed you guys.

Laurie: Thanks for that ..... yes, I have always thought through my frustration of a plateau that if I just "keep on keeping on" I would eventually break through! Slowly but surely small changes are happening.
    So I told you about the "Jillian type" instructor. Well, Thurs. evening she filled in for the Strength class. YOWSA! She was good and eventhough I enjoy the other gal better on this particular class, it was a good workout.

Erika: Sorry you didn't get STS on eBay. I understand the $$$ hesitation absolutely. :wink: One way or another it will happen though, in just the right timing!

This a.m. I went ahead and did SHOCK: Athletic Step. It did seem slightly better for my "choreography challenged self" so that was good. I need to do it again very soon and I think I will have it down! Geesh :blushing: I'm determined to get it. It's a great 47 min workout so learning it and not having to pause & replay will be great!
    We are having really nice weather today so I might take the "kids" for a walk later. :tongue: They wil be thrilled.
    Tomorrow a.m. I am playing in a volleyball tourney. It should be fun.

Hope you are all having a great weekend ~ I'll check in soon!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Starting week 2 of Insanity with Cardio Power & Resistance. I also did strength training with CTX & MIS Chest. Yesterday I decided to take the dog for an hour long walk, because I'm not running so felt she was being neglected. She came home all muddy. :laugh: Saturday was Plyo Cardio Circuit, CTX/MIS Biceps & Triceps.

Michelle, You have to love a Taebo workout that has hydrants in it. He really knows how to make those glute muscles work. :laugh:

Erika, So glad that you enjoyed Cardio & Weights, you will get used to the pace. And having your weights handy. :wink: Sorry you where not able to win the STS set. The cost is pretty steep. Have you tried Imax2 yet?

Tami, Having the Jillian instructor every once in a while would probably be good. :happy: Glad she was able to give you a good workout. How long are those volleyball tournaments? Are you there all day? I should be brave like you and just attempt Athletic Step. :laugh: Did you manage to get the "kids" out for a walk? Snow for us again this morning:grumble: . It is the heavy wet variety, so we are finally getting into the spring type snows.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Well, no workout for me this morning...fighting a stomach bug that started yesterday. Hopefully will feel up to a workout tonight...so far so good today with the food! :indifferent:

Laurie-Great job on the Insanity workouts! I have tried Imax 2, I think! :blushing: I'm trying to keep them all straight! I'm thinking about getting Gym Style before I do the STS purchase. Still debating STS, but think I need to get some DVD's that are straight strength training. Do you have any others you'd suggest? Right now Jari Love and ChaLean Extreme are the only ones I have that are my "go to" strength training workouts. I just feel like I need more. I LOVE how Cathe combines cardio and weights, but also want to have some that are just weights. Any suggestions you have would be great!

Tami-Thanks again for the help on the Cathe workouts. Any others you'd suggest besides Gym Style? I think that seems to be the one to get, but just want to make sure I'm not missing one!

Ok, back to resting, and just went and picked up my youngest...he's got the bug now too. Fun times! :ohwell:
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

Laurie: Yes, I made it out with the pups both days! They were so excited. It as very nice once they burned off a little energy. :wink:
    The Volleyball Tourn can be up to most of the day depending on the amount of teams. This one we only had 5 teams playing and we lost our first 2 matches so we were done. :blushing:
    When you do try Athletic Step let me know, I want to see if it takes you a couple tries as well to get some of the choreography. I'm thinking about doing that one again this week sometime! Keep up the good work with Insanity. Sounds like you are enjoying it!

Erika: Hope you are feeling better soon. That's no fun at all.
    No problem on STS, glad to help. Another good one of Cathe's is Muscle Endurance if you want some weights mixed in or Imax2 as well. :smile: I will keep thinking of others and offer suggestions. I'm sure Laurie will too. There are also some of her older ones: Pyramid training. Those are good too and mix up the various body parts worked.

This a.m. was STS - #1 Shoulders/Chest/Biceps ~ again the push-ups! But it was good. Didn't have time to do 30/30 so I will do that probably on Wed. after my upper body workout. Tonight I am hoping to get in Kick Boxing after work but might have a dinner to go to with hubby. We'll see. Tomorrow a.m. is Legs & spinning after work. :tongue:

Hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Friday night I came down with something:sick: ..probably what my 9 year old had last weekend. Weak, tired, can't breathe and coughing til my lungs hurt. So nyquil and bed at 9:30pm and it has been a recovery since then, the worst part is that my online contract started on Saturday so I have been pushing to do an 8hr day and take care of myself.

Feeling better today and I want to try something tomorrow..short and not too painful b/c breathing clear is not easy. Any ideas?maybe 1/2 of a workout with light weights?hmmnnn...

Erika-get better soon. Theraflu has been helping along with lozenges and cold water with lemon slices:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Pure cardio, and CTX/MIS Back are finished. Need to get some stretching or yoga into this rotation, so that just might be what I do tonight. I don't have to run to the school to pick the DD up from her practice.

Erika, Gym Styles is probably my favorite of the all strength workouts that Cathe has. I did a rotation with using these workouts, and had some great results. I have some worksheets that might help you with keeping track of your weights if you need them. The other ones that where good (and I'm putting these in order)

4 Day Split: The weight work in this series is short, doable, fun and effective.
    Cross Train Express: The weight work in this I would label as my favorite. This is a one body part per day with cardio, but I do the weight work only on this one.
    Gym Style: The only real problem I had with these was the pace, had to pause the DVD to change my weights.
    Pure Strength: One of her older ones, with warm ups that are to long in my opinion. But the strength work itself is very good. This one is dated.
    Pyramid: Love the upper body workout in this one, but the lower body has to may leg presses.
    Slow & Heavy: This series works the muscles very good, but because of the pace it gets very boring. I would only try doing these workouts for 3 to 4 weeks at the most. This is most like Meso 3 in STS.
    There are more of hers, but these are the ones that I used the most.

Hope this helped you some.

Michelle, Hope you recovery quickly. Do you like yoga? That would be my choice as a recover from sickness workout. :wink:

Tami, Glad the pups had a nice outing. :laugh: I'm ready for the weather to get better, am getting tired of putting on all the winter gear. Sorry about the volleyball. I'm having a great time with these Insanity workouts, they do have a slight dread factor, but when I'm finished I feel so great.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies ~ :smile:

Michelle & Erika - I hope you both get to feeling better soon. :flowerforyou: Michelle: Maybe do something "non-cardio" either a nice weight workout w/ moderate weights or even a good stretch or Pilates. I know your lungs might be hating life if you get everything stirred up and the cough starts again.

So I did get to go to the Kick Boxing class last night. The dinner didn't work out with my hubbies friends. So I was happy about the extra workout. This a.m. was Legs (STS - Disc #3) and tonight is Spinning. :tongue:
    Tomorrow a.m. workout is going to be Chest & Back along with Hiit 30/30 (if I allow enough time).

Hope you all have a great day!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

Whatever I had was a bug of the 24 hour variety, so by mid afternoon yesterday I was feeling good enough to crank out some ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Jam. Felt good! I had to stuff my face all morning though to get my energy back up from not being able to keep food down on Sunday, but it all worked out. This morning I'm feeling a cold coming on, but I kicked that one in the butt with Insanity Pure Cardio!

Laurie-Thanks for the detailed list. I've previewed several of her workouts on collagevideo.com and liked the Gym Styles DVD's, so think I may go with them. I'm going to hold of on STS for a little while...giving ChaLean Extreme another go to see if I get the results I want from that before I spend another load of money on STS.

By the way, are you finding Insanity to be, dare I say, easier than you expected? :bigsmile: I had heard that Pure Cardio was killer, and although I thought it was hard, it wasn't nearly as hard as I was expecting. Maybe I'm expecting too much??!? I was curious to hear your thoughts. I do know the 2nd month workouts will definitely be much more intense though!:indifferent:

Tami-Good job on getting the workouts in...you amaze me! I used to do morning/evening workouts, and just couldn't keep up with it, but was in great shape then! I actually have put back on some of the weight I lost from those days, but I can live with that...it will all be muscle before I know it anyway! :wink:

Michelle-I hope you're feeling better...my son had what you have and it wasn't fun. He actually was throwing up one night because he couldn't stop coughing...try Vicks on your feet at night...I swear it helps! Something my mom used to do with us when we were kids, and still uses it herself to this day!

Back to work...have a good one!
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

The cold that both my boys have finally got me...it hit like a mack truck overnight...wow, I'm just exhausted! Hardly slept last night, but still got up and did my ChaLean Extreme strength workout. Hopefully later I can get some yoga in, and off early to bed tonight! I have one work meeting for lunch, so as long as I can make it through that, I'm good the rest of the day!

Have a great hump day!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Sending healing vibes out to Michelle and Erika today! :flowerforyou:

Plyo Cardio Circuit and CTX/MIS Shoulders are finished. My shoulders are talking to me this morning. :wink:

Tami ~ How did spinning go last night? Can't believe that you had the STS Legs & spinning. :happy: What a way to work those legs.

Erika, Again I hope you recover quickly, I had heard that there is something going around with a cough. Went out with my girlfriends on Friday of last week, and most of them where coughing. :frown: Well lady you must have more endurance than me, because I think these Insanity workouts are all pretty tough. :laugh: I do think that PCC is a bit harder than Pure Cardio, but I'm still not able to get through either of them completly. :embarassed: But I'm improving every time I do these workouts. :drinker: Totally understand the $$$ for STS, so Gym Styles is a great option. Your legs will get fatigued with the leg workout in this one. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies ~ :flowerforyou:

Spinning went good .... I can tell the difference sometimes in my endurance on the days I work legs in the a.m. they are a little sore today but that's alright! :wink:

Erika & Laurie: Sounds like you both are doing good on the Insanity! Good job pushing through your cold too Erika ~ sometimes I think exercise can help you get through it faster!

Michelle: Hope you are recovering from your flu ..... :flowerforyou:

Tonight will be Spinning again and then tomorrow a.m. I have Cathe's Boot Camp on the schedule.

Hope you all have a great day!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

Well, I didn't sleep well at all, this cold is really giving me a run for my money! So, this morning was just a light walk on the treadmill. I was supposed to do Cathe Core Cardio, but just couldn't find the energy to do it. Maybe I'll try later, but we'll see. Hoping this cold passes quickly! I can handle the actual cold, but not being able to sleep is killing me...I need my 8 hours!

Have a good one...almost the weekend!