Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just completed my recovery week and I looked forward to that workout. Monday I will start month 2. I'll be going into it very nervous but I'll hit that play button and do my best!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    After a week without doing Insanity due to an injury to my arm...I finally started back tonite...Week 3 day 5...BARELY got through it ( I think I lost some of that "momentum" because of the break)...but I pushed through and still managed to break a good sweat...looking forward to pushing through and really making the best of the rest of the workout :-)
  • masumaj
    masumaj Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    im starting on monday or tuesday and i cant wait for the extreme kick in the butt, its seriously something i need after jillian michaels workouts :)

thanks for all the wonderful encouraging posts everyone it really does help :)
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    After a week without doing Insanity due to an injury to my arm...I finally started back tonite...Week 3 day 5...BARELY got through it ( I think I lost some of that "momentum" because of the break)...but I pushed through and still managed to break a good sweat...looking forward to pushing through and really making the best of the rest of the workout :-)

Well done for remaining dedicated!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been doing insanity for 3 weeks and I would love to have a group to talk to it about! Can I join this one?? I have not seen much difference yet, except in my endurance. That still makes me very happy! I need to lose 35 lbs total and hope to get there in less than a year. Even at a pound a week, that is very doable...... I hope!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    sure thing! welcome!
  • Ldsstr
    Ldsstr Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in :)

I completed the 30 day shred the 5th August and then started the JMBR, but I didn't like it. So I'm giving a try to Insanity :)

Start Date: August 20th.
    Projected End: October.
    Following Nutrition Guide: Hell to the no.
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 145-ish.
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): It's more about measurements than weight :). But still around 125 would be great.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 of month 2 today! So far, Max Interval Plyo is my favorite workout this month, and I can't stand Max Interval Circuit. And I have a really hard time taking Shaun T seriously in Max Recovery in those tights. LOL. It's going well for me, but I was SO ready for my rest day yesterday.

My husband has been wanting to work out with me recently, so he tried to do Max Interval Circuit with me. And I know I'm probably horrible for this, but I felt so good about myself when he couldn't do most of it and I was doing most of it. He said he was really intimidated when I was doing things he couldn't and he really needs to step it up if he's going to keep up with me. :)

I know it's not a competition, but I sure do feel like the winner.

How is it going for all of you ladies?
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Starting week 2 of month 2 today! So far, Max Interval Plyo is my favorite workout this month, and I can't stand Max Interval Circuit. And I have a really hard time taking Shaun T seriously in Max Recovery in those tights. LOL. It's going well for me, but I was SO ready for my rest day yesterday.

My husband has been wanting to work out with me recently, so he tried to do Max Interval Circuit with me. And I know I'm probably horrible for this, but I felt so good about myself when he couldn't do most of it and I was doing most of it. He said he was really intimidated when I was doing things he couldn't and he really needs to step it up if he's going to keep up with me. :)

haha thats great! Nothing wrong with some friendly competition! For me i'm really not liking Month 2 - granted i'm only 3 days in - I don't know what it is. Still, I'm gonna push play and finish what I've started. i've got max recovery tonight. i'm also thinking that if dont get any better i'll be some of them out for the Max Sports Training, we'll see!
  • Buster00884
    Buster00884 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this, I assume this is the Insanity videos you see advertised on TV. Are these for advanced or can anyone do these? I'm just starting to get back into exercise, so I'm not that great at endurance. If you stick with it, do you feel you see good results?
  • fatjax1
    fatjax1 Posts: 5
    Options

We are starting week 2 month 2 today as well.....month 2 is def insane.... It takes everything we have to make it thru each workout since they are so long.... But we are doing it!!!! Nobody said it was going to be easy right ?!?!

We are fitting into some old clothes which feels good.... But nothing much showing on the scale. What are your results so far?
  • sldratt
    sldratt Posts: 9
    Options
    I just finished my third round of Insanity in the last year. I am not a fan of either the Cardio recovery or Max recovery DVDs. I usually do it once at the start of the program, remember how much I don't like them, and then bag it for the rest of the weeks. Instead, I will typically go for a run that day or have the recovery day be my official "day off" that week, where the only activity allowed is walking the dogs or stretching out with the foam roller.
  • lovebrit_05
    Options
    I'm now on my 45th day of insanity but I've modified some things to better suit myself and my goals. Instead of starting month 2 (which I tried 2 of the workouts and nearly died!) right on schedule, I decided that until I can fully complete every workout in month 1 then I'll start month 2. So far I've had fantastic results. Lost 12 lbs so far and most people say it looks like I've lost more! Anyways, I'd love to get in on this group and get everyone's feedback and see how they're doing. Just remember to DIG DEEPER!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    We are starting week 2 month 2 today as well.....month 2 is def insane.... It takes everything we have to make it thru each workout since they are so long.... But we are doing it!!!! Nobody said it was going to be easy right ?!?!

We are fitting into some old clothes which feels good.... But nothing much showing on the scale. What are your results so far?

The last time I weighed and measured, which was 2 weeks ago, I had gained a pound and a half, but I lost 10 inches and 3% body fat. I'll take it! I'll be weighing and measuring again at the end of month 2.

It is a lot more of a struggle to get through the workouts, but I love it. I feel SO accomplished at the end of a workout.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    WHOO! Back on it today! I had to take a breather last week because I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I wanted to. So today I'm restarting Month Two.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I started month 2 today, started with the fit test and pushed as hard as I could, sat down for a couple minutes and jumped right into max interval circuit. I think I could have pushed a little harder on the second one if I hadn't just completed the fit test. I was more than pleased after seeing calories burned on hrm. 178 on the fit test and 435 on the max interval circuit. Really felt it in my knees today, other than that I feel good. We can do this!!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are doing great...I'm feeling some pressure in my knees too...not sure if it is because of the break but I have to get through this...I am having (and have always had) a HUGE challenge eating right and it's really sabotaging my efforts...i know in my head what are "good foods" vs "bad foods" and I KNOW that eating more of the "good foods" and staying low(er) on the cals will promote weight loss...but translating that into CONSISTENT action is really really challenging and I am not sure how to get out of my head and into action all of the things i've learnt about using food to fuel my body and be healthy...

I started logging my food sometime ago (I know that really helps) but it became time consuming and a little frustrating sometimes because alot of the food we eat in the Caribbean are not in the database and many times I found myself trying to think of a close enough substitute and searching for it in the database to log my calories....so i just stopped eventually...but I know I just need to find away to get the eating right...has anyone else had this challenge and do you have any advice? I would really appreciate it...
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone else around month 2, week 2 and not seeing much results? I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I was hoping for at least inches, and based on my clothes, I haven't lost anything. No, I haven't measured lately but at last measure I had only lost about 2 inches total. I guess I'm just bummed as I was hoping to lose weight for my vacation (for motivation purposes) and see enough improvement to keep going when I got back.
    Also, what is everyone going to do afterwards? I'm thinking round 2, but also thinking about getting rockin body as additional cardio since it's $20 on groupon.
  • adjoa84
    Options
    I'm now on my 45th day of insanity but I've modified some things to better suit myself and my goals. Instead of starting month 2 (which I tried 2 of the workouts and nearly died!) right on schedule, I decided that until I can fully complete every workout in month 1 then I'll start month 2. So far I've had fantastic results. Lost 12 lbs so far and most people say it looks like I've lost more! Anyways, I'd love to get in on this group and get everyone's feedback and see how they're doing. Just remember to DIG DEEPER!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! That's great! I'm on Day 38. Not enjoying Month 2 as much but maybe it's cos it's new and i'm still getting the hang of it. I'm not gonna weigh in again til next Friday or Sunday if I can hold out, TOM plus ive recently upped my calories so I dont want to get discouraged by the scales OR the measuring tape. lol

keep digging everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!