Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are doing great...I'm feeling some pressure in my knees too...not sure if it is because of the break but I have to get through this...I am having (and have always had) a HUGE challenge eating right and it's really sabotaging my efforts...i know in my head what are "good foods" vs "bad foods" and I KNOW that eating more of the "good foods" and staying low(er) on the cals will promote weight loss...but translating that into CONSISTENT action is really really challenging and I am not sure how to get out of my head and into action all of the things i've learnt about using food to fuel my body and be healthy...

I started logging my food sometime ago (I know that really helps) but it became time consuming and a little frustrating sometimes because alot of the food we eat in the Caribbean are not in the database and many times I found myself trying to think of a close enough substitute and searching for it in the database to log my calories....so i just stopped eventually...but I know I just need to find away to get the eating right...has anyone else had this challenge and do you have any advice? I would really appreciate it...

I would definitely get frustrated if I couldn't log food easily. I count on the logging to help me stay on track. If you eat similar foods on a regular basis maybe you calculate them once in the recipe section and then just click on your recipe when you eat it again. Thats what I use for things like chicken ceasar salad and smoothies. Good for you jumping back in when your arm got better. As far as eating "good foods", I use my 1200 base calories for that and then I use my exercise calories for "bad foods". Thats a good reason for me to hit play everyday. lol. We all have to find what works for us.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are doing great...I'm feeling some pressure in my knees too...not sure if it is because of the break but I have to get through this...I am having (and have always had) a HUGE challenge eating right and it's really sabotaging my efforts...i know in my head what are "good foods" vs "bad foods" and I KNOW that eating more of the "good foods" and staying low(er) on the cals will promote weight loss...but translating that into CONSISTENT action is really really challenging and I am not sure how to get out of my head and into action all of the things i've learnt about using food to fuel my body and be healthy...

I started logging my food sometime ago (I know that really helps) but it became time consuming and a little frustrating sometimes because alot of the food we eat in the Caribbean are not in the database and many times I found myself trying to think of a close enough substitute and searching for it in the database to log my calories....so i just stopped eventually...but I know I just need to find away to get the eating right...has anyone else had this challenge and do you have any advice? I would really appreciate it...

I would definitely get frustrated if I couldn't log food easily. I count on the logging to help me stay on track. If you eat similar foods on a regular basis maybe you calculate them once in the recipe section and then just click on your recipe when you eat it again. Thats what I use for things like chicken ceasar salad and smoothies. Good for you jumping back in when your arm got better. As far as eating "good foods", I use my 1200 base calories for that and then I use my exercise calories for "bad foods". Thats a good reason for me to hit play everyday. lol. We all have to find what works for us.

Thanks....I actually made another effort this morning try to log my food for the day and realised that some good soul(s) did add some caribbean classics to the database! I am so happy about that so that now I can actually make a better effort and logging and keeping track of what's going on!
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Can you change your recovery day to a different day, your body needs to recovery.
  • braxton1120
    Options
    So I started Insanity, I'm on Month1, Week 2, Day 2..... I have done it by the book as far as which video to do on which day. My only problem is I am having trouble with doing push ups, so when he does the exercises that involve push ups I continue and just try to do push ups modifided and as many as I can. Has anyone else had to do this? I am giving 110% with each workout, I'm just hoping I will get better at them?
  • waveindigo
    waveindigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just 3 days to go!
    Will post my results once it's over, but I'm pretty happy.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    month 2, day 3, max cardio conditioning. I loved this one. This one was very "do-able". I wasn't thrilled with yesterdays max plyo. Looking ahead I think week 2 will be a much more enjoyable week.
  • bkindles
    Options
    I wouldnt skip recovery your muscles really need this work out to prevent injury and to keep you from getting super sore.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of Insanity. I enjoy the recovery workouts as I need a break from the jumping and high intensity cardio. I think if you wanted to skip it, it would be fine. However, the recovery workouts provide you will muscle strengthening and building exercises which are just as important as the cardio!! So instead of doing the treadmill, it would be more beneficial to to strength training like resistance bands and/or weight lifting. The more muscle we have, the more calories we burn. It is possible to overdo the cardio and forget that we need to build muscle to achieve our desired results. Good luck to you! :wink:
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just 3 days to go!
    Will post my results once it's over, but I'm pretty happy.

Congrats... did it work for you?
  • waveindigo
    waveindigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Congrats... did it work for you?
    [/quote]

Yes! Really noticed the results in the last month though, which is good considering I actually put weight for the first few weeks.
  • akvz
    akvz Posts: 7
    Options
    To everyone who is seeing results with insanity - are you guys all sticking exactly to the nutrition plan along with the shakeology drink? I already eat more or less the way that the nutrition guide suggests just with a few variations on the veggies and fruits and grains they recommend in the plan based on what is available since I try to eat local and organic, but I am just wondering if it is necessary to have shakeology and follow the nutrition plan EXACTLY to see results (I am borrowing the DVDs from a friend so I would have to order the shakeology). Thanks!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    To everyone who is seeing results with insanity - are you guys all sticking exactly to the nutrition plan along with the shakeology drink? I already eat more or less the way that the nutrition guide suggests just with a few variations on the veggies and fruits and grains they recommend in the plan based on what is available since I try to eat local and organic, but I am just wondering if it is necessary to have shakeology and follow the nutrition plan EXACTLY to see results (I am borrowing the DVDs from a friend so I would have to order the shakeology). Thanks!

I'm not using or buying the shakeology.

Max Plyo again tonight! Hopefully this time round Ill be able to do more of the moves! lool Dig deep everyone!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Did anyone else lose a bunch of skin on their elbows doing max recovery? I hope the skin toughens up before I have to low plank again. I was back to max interval circuit today and it went really well. It was tough but I pushed right through to the end.
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Did anyone else lose a bunch of skin on their elbows doing max recovery? I hope the skin toughens up before I have to low plank again. I was back to max interval circuit today and it went really well. It was tough but I pushed right through to the end.

Try a towel underneath your elbow perhaps?

Day 47 here! I've got just over 2 weeks left I'm going to push really hard as I've been slacking in the food department a bit recently. How's everyone doing? this thread has gone a bit quiet :-(
  • alasin1derland
    Options

Day 47 here! I've got just over 2 weeks left I'm going to push really hard as I've been slacking in the food department a bit recently. How's everyone doing? this thread has gone a bit quiet :-(
    [/quote]

I have been using a yoga mat, a towel is probably better though because it won't be grippy on my elbows with all those high/low planking. I did max cardio yesterday and my heart beat spiked to 208 so I think I am going to have to keep a better eye on it while I'm digging deeper. Thats never happened before but I was really pushing it. Day 47, woohoo. Your nearing the end, what are your workout plans after insanity. I am trying to decide if I will repeat it right away or if I should mix it up and try something else.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I struggled soo badly with my Insanity workout last night (Cardio Power & Resistance)...I felt like I could barely get through ANY of the full reps without feeling like I was going to pass out! I spent so much time just heaving and feeling like my heart was gonna beat out of my chest! And this is Week 4! I think it's because I had a week or so off when my arm was injured and then i've been struggling to get the workouts done daily since...I felt like crying honestly....really hoping my conditioning will improve as I get back to regular workouts because I just felt like throwing in the towel last nite...sigh...
  • adjoa84
    Options

I have been using a yoga mat, a towel is probably better though because it won't be grippy on my elbows with all those high/low planking. I did max cardio yesterday and my heart beat spiked to 208 so I think I am going to have to keep a better eye on it while I'm digging deeper. Thats never happened before but I was really pushing it. Day 47, woohoo. Your nearing the end, what are your workout plans after insanity. I am trying to decide if I will repeat it right away or if I should mix it up and try something else.
    [/quote]

Yep Ive got 2 weeks left :-D I think I may do another round actually. I've got a 5 day holiday right at the end of Insanity then I've got a half marathon end of Oct so I may do a hybrid of running and Insanity (3 days running, 2 Insanity) OR I may just focus of the half then do Insanity afterwards and finish by Christmas...not sure yet also liking the idea of 2/3 days Insanity and 2/3 of body weight/kettlebell training. So many options but Ill definitely be keep Insanity in, in some form or another. I reckon I'll get a better sense by the end of the programme.
  • adjoa84
    Options
    I struggled soo badly with my Insanity workout last night (Cardio Power & Resistance)...I felt like I could barely get through ANY of the full reps without feeling like I was going to pass out! I spent so much time just heaving and feeling like my heart was gonna beat out of my chest! And this is Week 4! I think it's because I had a week or so off when my arm was injured and then i've been struggling to get the workouts done daily since...I felt like crying honestly....really hoping my conditioning will improve as I get back to regular workouts because I just felt like throwing in the towel last nite...sigh...

I've felt like quitting too - esp over the past week - I've been sooo caught up on losing pounds and inches that I lost track of the fact that doing anything like Insanity for 60 days or even, in your case, stopping then starting Insanity again, is such an acheivement in itself. The fact that you didnt quit is what's amazing, KEEP GOING, YOUVE GOT THIS!!!
  • alasin1derland
    Options

Can't say it any better than adjoa84's response so I'll just agree. Its tuff but you're doing it. Way to go!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Day 6 complete!!! Still trying to get my eating under control to achieve the best results. I'm not using the meal plan so what calorie amount do you all suggest to achieve maximum results?

I am 5'4 and I weighed 183.6 day 1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!