Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've decided I definitely want to go for round 2 with insanity after I complete my last week, I haven't decided if I am going to do the recovery week in between or just start with month 1. I am so happy with my improved performance, I can't wait to see how a second round goes. Who knows, maybe I will even start to enjoy Plyo.
  • nashvillern
    nashvillern Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 1 and my legs definitely feel it! I bought insanity because it's similar to some bootcamp classes I was going to and enjoyed that had become too inconvenient to work into the schedule. With insanity I can do it whenever and it's great cardio! Was sad that I didnt lose any weight on week 1 but going to keep it up and hopefully will start to see results soon.
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Quick question what are you guys doin calorie wise? Ive always had mine set at 1500 for the day and then i'd add in workout cals but after working out what im meant to have via the nutrition guide i Should be having around 2200-2500 depending on the activity amount.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Quick question what are you guys doin calorie wise? Ive always had mine set at 1500 for the day and then i'd add in workout cals but after working out what im meant to have via the nutrition guide i Should be having around 2200-2500 depending on the activity amount.

everyone is different when it comes to eating back workout calories, I use an hrm and each insanity disc burns a different amount of calories, the only thing I can offer for info from personal experience is I have never burned 1000 calories doing insanity, my highest burn so far is very close to 500.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Because today is Thursday I thought I would be pressing play to max recovery but the last week changed things up and core cardio and balance which I love was on the sheet. A very pleasant surprise.
  • internationalmf
    Options
    Starting on Sunday : )
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 and I definitely see a difference already. It's amazing and totally makes me want to see this through to the end :) I can't say I love the workouts, but I can say that I really love how I feel AFTER the workouts <3
  • cjackson2012
    cjackson2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am starting Monday! I started about 2 months ago but only did it for 3 weeks. My son is 10 mths now so I need to do something now.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I DID IT!!! :happy: 9 weeks of insanity completed. hip hip ...........
  • HealthyDee913
    HealthyDee913 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Let's encourage each other on this journey, I am begnning Monday....
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Finished Insanity today!!!!!! I will be doing one recovery week then on to round 2.
  • mrsdobbers
    Options
    I finished month one today!! I'm glad to see recovery week is finally here, although I watched some of that video & it doesn't look like much of a recovery!
    I can tell a difference in my stamina, but haven't lost much weight. I'm excited to measure though!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Ding Ding, Round 2. I didn't want to lose any momentum I gained from my first round of insanity. I jumped right into the first workout for round 2. My reward for completing insanity is when I started round 2 the first workout felt amazing!!! Month 2 gets you so whipped into shape for month 1. lol. It went by in a blink and I had no trouble keeping up. I am a disgusting puddle of sweat enjoying my exercise high. Keep pushing everyone, its so worth it!!!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ding Ding, Round 2. I didn't want to lose any momentum I gained from my first round of insanity. I jumped right into the first workout for round 2. My reward for completing insanity is when I started round 2 the first workout felt amazing!!! Month 2 gets you so whipped into shape for month 1. lol. It went by in a blink and I had no trouble keeping up. I am a disgusting puddle of sweat enjoying my exercise high. Keep pushing everyone, its so worth it!!!

Wow congrats on finishing! I just started Month 2 and it is SOOO HARRD...how did you do it! I'm about 206 so it's not easy getting this body to do all those moves...but I really want to finish...so badly...i jus need the motivation...please share
  • pants2405
    Options
    Started Insanity again after doing it last summer on sunday! I'm pumped! Sucks cause I've been travelling and out of shape the past 6 months so it seems much harder this time :(
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Well done for getting right back in there! I'm going to do the same - well a hybrid of Insanity and running - i've got 4 workouts left of Round 1!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend skipping Cardio Recovery. The purpose of it is to RECOVER and let your muscles to some deep tissue work rather than cardio. Even though you don't really break a sweat during it, it is important. And I think if you pushed your muscles extra hard that day then you would be feeling it the next day during a high intensity workout and you may not be able to give it 100% as you would have if you did Cardio Recovery.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    [/quote]

Wow congrats on finishing! I just started Month 2 and it is SOOO HARRD...how did you do it! I'm about 206 so it's not easy getting this body to do all those moves...but I really want to finish...so badly...i jus need the motivation...please share
    [/quote]

Thank you. I found month 2 challenging as well. What keeps me going is a combination of the program itself and everything I learned from reading MFP. I started insanity specifically for the cardio. I definitely got that! I also got definition in my upper arms and legs and inches lost that comes with losing 2lbs per week. When I started I was set to sedentary (1210 calories per day) and eating my exercise calories. I realized early on eating at sedentary kept me sedentary outside my workout. I needed more fuel to stay active throughout the day. So I bumped up to lightly active. That gives me a base of 1350 plus exercise calories. Now all of a sudden I have enough calories to fit in a complete social life. No more trying to lose weight on salads. All of a sudden beer and pizza nights, steak and potatoes, ice cream are all fitting into a ‘weight loss program’. Every morning a huge chocolate bar for breakfast (bio protein bar double chocolate), fresh fruit and/or veggies with a lean protein for lunch and tons of calories left over for anything goes dinner. (I never eat anything deep fried) Insanity has opened up a lot of positives. The only negative is that moment of ugh, its time to do your workout. Lol. I have been dieting and exercising on and off for 20 years and this is the first time I am enjoying it. Never again will I struggle on 1200 calories now that I know I can lose a healthy 2 lbs a week eating more. I am sure there are many exercise programs that will burn the same or more calories, but I love the cardio aspect of insanity. I tried P90X a couple years ago but I was disappointed with the lack of cardio.
  • alasin1derland
    Options

Well done for getting right back in there! I'm going to do the same - well a hybrid of Insanity and running - i've got 4 workouts left of Round 1!

thank you. I admit it felt great completing the full program but I know I have to keep pressing on with some type of workout and I was so happy with round one, round two seems like a no brainer for me. Its still wonderfully challenging and will continue to be so, as long as I keep pushing as hard as I can. I hope to be a runner some day but for now I will focus on getting healthy. I got my eye on next spring. I started with C25K and was doing well but the heat of summer and the concern of a loving husband pushed me indoors to air conditioning which is how I ended up doing insanity. Kudos to you for doing both!!! I can't wait to get to that level.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I would not recommend skipping Cardio Recovery. The purpose of it is to RECOVER and let your muscles to some deep tissue work rather than cardio. Even though you don't really break a sweat during it, it is important. And I think if you pushed your muscles extra hard that day then you would be feeling it the next day during a high intensity workout and you may not be able to give it 100% as you would have if you did Cardio Recovery.

I went back and fourth on this quite a bit. I finally settled on jumping back in and skipping the recovery week. I figure if I chose a different workout to start, it wouldn't start with a recovery week. I also decided on round 2 I will skip the fit tests, that means I did cardio recovery just a couple days in, also I decided because I skipped the fit test that leaves an extra workout that needs to be made up for so I will just do cardio recovery again on Saturday. I know you are right, but I reasoned it out and this is what I came up with as a kind of comprimise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!