Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I completed D4 last night and I can feel my scrub pants are a tad bit looser this morning. I do feel so much better! Cannot wait to see some real results!
    Shannon
  • jenb6723
    Options
    Every little counts! I did Insanity continuously up til about Day 42 but as my half marathon is coming up soon I'm now doing about 4 - 5 days a week, at you're still exercising regularly so keep it up!
    [/quote]

Glad to see I am not the only person training for a half with Insanity. I have people acting like I have lost my mind for trying to do both but I don't think Insanity is enough of a workout for the results they promise. I do cardio most days that I also do Insanity so end up with 60-90 minutes each day. Onyl day off of Insanity is my long run day - 9-10 miles and insanity might be a bit much even for me :laugh:
  • jenb6723
    Options
    I too have noticed a hugh benefit to running from the Insanity moves. I feel like it gives you some of the same benefits as sprint training in terms of speed work. Now when I see messages about can I do both I really encourage it.
  • mrsdobbers
    Options
    Amazing work everyone!! I'm on week 3 day 4. I've stuck to the schedule & geeze it's a hard workout!!
    I'm ready to see some results though. I actually think my butt is getting bigger, probably perkier but still, I want it to get smaller. I'm not losing weight either, but hoping to see more results next week.

Keep going & dig deep!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Tue 09/04/12 01:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some help from y'all.

I have been doing insanity for one month now, but have not seen much of weight loss or inches drop.
    I have lost the following in one month:

Weight SW 184- CW 180

Chest: 1 inch
    waist: 1 inch
    hips: 1/2 inch

Please do let me know if there is a way to get better results.
    Thank you!!

What's your diet, macros, salt and artificial sugar levels like? Results are 70% what you eat.
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Glad to see everyone pushing it. Month 2 week 3 for me. Yesterday was max interval circuit and i loved it! I kept up, pushed harder than ever and saw a nice high calorie burn. Today was max plyo and I HATED it. I lost 3 hours of my day procrastinating because I knew today was plyo day. I am in a bad mood almost the whole workout, I guess because I am so disappointed with my performance, or lack there of, as the case may be. BUT tomorrow is max cardio and cardio abs and I enjoy both of those and I know I have tomorrow to look forward to! (In month 2 max interval circuit is my favorite workout.)

A bad workout is still better than no workout so well done for pushing through!
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Every little counts! I did Insanity continuously up til about Day 42 but as my half marathon is coming up soon I'm now doing about 4 - 5 days a week, at you're still exercising regularly so keep it up!

Glad to see I am not the only person training for a half with Insanity. I have people acting like I have lost my mind for trying to do both but I don't think Insanity is enough of a workout for the results they promise. I do cardio most days that I also do Insanity so end up with 60-90 minutes each day. Onyl day off of Insanity is my long run day - 9-10 miles and insanity might be a bit much even for me :laugh:
    [/quote]

My hat goes off to you if you're doing both on the same day! i'm only doing this because I got my dayes wrongl; I've gotta start now otherwise it wont be enought training time for my half and I want to finish Insanity before i go on holiday next week. When I get back I'm going to alternate days between insanity and running. I've done both on one day before once or twice for me was fine but there's no way I could keep this up for a sustained period of time so my hat goes off to you!
  • adjoa84
    Options
    I too have noticed a hugh benefit to running from the Insanity moves. I feel like it gives you some of the same benefits as sprint training in terms of speed work. Now when I see messages about can I do both I really encourage it.

yep it's definitely helped with my speed and I find I can power through most hills now!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 5 finished last night - Pure Cardio...didn't get to Cardio Abs but I'm still happy....just one more workout and Month 1 ends!!! :drinker:
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone pushing it. Month 2 week 3 for me. Yesterday was max interval circuit and i loved it! I kept up, pushed harder than ever and saw a nice high calorie burn. Today was max plyo and I HATED it. I lost 3 hours of my day procrastinating because I knew today was plyo day. I am in a bad mood almost the whole workout, I guess because I am so disappointed with my performance, or lack there of, as the case may be. BUT tomorrow is max cardio and cardio abs and I enjoy both of those and I know I have tomorrow to look forward to! (In month 2 max interval circuit is my favorite workout.)

i TOTALLY AGREE!!! i dread max plyo...so i dreaded today. although i hate max recovery even more...i literally was grumpy and in a bad mood the entire max recovery workout last week. not looking forward to it tomorrow. i LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the other workouts.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I agree, max recovery is not an easy workout but I am definitely noticing a change in the shape of my upper arms and I am seeing new definition in my legs so I'll trust that each work out has its own importance and push through knowing I will enjoy some days more than others. Overall I love it!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Today was day 13 Pure cardio and cardio abs!!
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I HATE Cardio Recovery. I totally understand about the let down. Don't let that one workout discourage you though. It is TOTALLY worth every painful moment and not being able to sit on the toilet!!!
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im finishing month one this week and I am debating whether I want to do the recovery week before starting month two. I prolly should do the recovery week but then I will want to do other exersizing if I dont feel I worked out hard enough. I am sure I have lost inches im not measuring myself until the end of month two. I measured in the begining. I have not lost any weight which is a little upsetting for me only cause I wanted to loose weight. I wanted to loose 25 pounds before march when my husband gets back from afghanistan and we have our wedding reception. So I need to just dig deeper and keep going!!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Im finishing month one this week and I am debating whether I want to do the recovery week before starting month two. I prolly should do the recovery week but then I will want to do other exersizing if I dont feel I worked out hard enough. I am sure I have lost inches im not measuring myself until the end of month two. I measured in the begining. I have not lost any weight which is a little upsetting for me only cause I wanted to loose weight. I wanted to loose 25 pounds before march when my husband gets back from afghanistan and we have our wedding reception. So I need to just dig deeper and keep going!!

Trust me your still get a good sweat on during the recovery week!! Stick to it as planned, it will help your muscles, i lost 2 lbs in the first week then nothing but i lost another 2lbs after doing the recovery week. Do a mid way check and be amazed at the inches you have lost, that should help you see how much it has changed you and how worth it it really is! Remember your putting muscle on so your weight might not come down as much as you hoped due to that, put the scales away and bring out the tape measure!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    just completed month 2, week 3, only 1 week left, wooohooooo!
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Finally started today! Wasn't quite as scary as I'd built it up to be!
  • ShanM0593
    Options
    I finished today!!! Very happy with the results, and will be re-starting after 1 week off.
  • nangel4u
    Options
    I completed the program on August 4th of this year and ready to start it back up again next month ;-)
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I finished today too!! Measuring tomorrow though as I ate this am before I remembered to do so. What does everyone have planned for afterwards? I'm not ready for another round, but I'm thinking of doing a Chalean Extreme/Insanity hybrid.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!