900 calories and gaining weight

Options
please help I hate this 900 calories of cardboard for four days and gained two pounds!!! not really carboard eggs protein bars etc

Replies

• Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    Eat more :wink:
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Why did you do that?
    Is it part of a plan?
    It's not enough of a mix of nutrients and not enough calories. IMHO
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Water...
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I agree with Minnie. 900 is too low. Eat more
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    not eating enough! plain and simple!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    You have to eat AT LEAST 1200 a day, otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and it will store whatever it gets.
    Eat good healthy food every couple of hours to keep your digestive system active and make sure you don't starve yourself.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You have to eat AT LEAST 1200 a day, otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and it will store whatever it gets.
    Eat good healthy food every couple of hours to keep your digestive system active and make sure you don't starve yourself.

Please stop making things up, you're not helping anyone
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Ditto. EAT MORE!
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would literally double your calorie intake for a few weeks. Go under tools, select BMR calculator, figure out your BMR then eat that atleast, add in cals for exercise and you should LOOSE weight.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If you are eating all high protein stuff, you COULD be constipated, which would explain the gain. Mix it up with fruits and veggies.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    900 cals a day? Are you a smurf?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    This post makes me sad.
    Especially since seeing people eat around 2k a day and losing weight.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Your supposed to eat at least 1200 a day.. try upping your calories and see if it helps, I know it's scary doing that, but it really can help.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Seriously, eat more! I gained 1 lb and stayed at the same weight for 3 days because i didn't eat enough. I upped my intake of calories when I was exercising and I've lost since! So yes,definately eat more.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    You are going to fail with this approach.

Starvation diets don't work.
    Why?
    Because if your calorie deficit is too great, you can easily suffer from
    loss of muscle mass (slows down your metabolism) and impaired general progress.
    You have to find what is right for you but you also need to remember that your body
    is a machine and without the right type and amount of fuel there could be problems
    either with loss of muscle, loss of energy, less weight loss/plateaus, etc.

Stick with the MFP recommendations.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes drink more water! You could be gaining muscle though. I went from 107.2 to 110 over the last couple of days. Man does it suck looking at the number go up! YES! However I also went from 18.9% body fat down to 17.7% over the last week and lost an inch. So what does that mean??? Muscle!!! I have been eating around 900-1100 calories too... minus yesterday so eating more might not be the answer. Drink plenty of water, it actually helps you loose water weight! You are taking in ALOT of protein, you might have gained some major muscle with that. Throw the scale out.... easier said then done I know I have the same issues, and go to how you look in the mirror, inches loss or body fat %. Its more accurate. I bought a body fat tester on e-bay 6 years ago for like 25.00 with shipping the electronic kind.... SOOO worth it. Every time the scale goes up my body fat goes down so I don’t feel so bad! :) Hang in their too and power through it.... Whenever I go up eventually I go down if I don't get too depressed because of a stupid scale and remember to look in the mirror!! Remember girls cycles…. We go up and down throughout the month too depending about where we are at. :) You are doing AMAZING! Keep it up girl!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So where are your dietary fats, carbs and minerals and vitamins in that?
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    900 cals a day? Are you a smurf?

:laugh:
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    900 of cardboard will make your body starve. Eat more, and drink lots of water.