Will be 60 in August.
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    Options
    Will be 50 soon! :)
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hiya,......Ya'll are welcome to Add me if you'd like!
    : )
    :happy:
  • saratogahick
    Options
    I'm 67 - new to this site.
  • saratogahick
    Options
    I'm 67 years young. I'm new to this site and looking for "friends" who want encouragement and who are willing to encourage AND who are young at heart and have "senior moments".
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 52--Today !!!! but "older" is not part of my vocabulary .:tongue:
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, yep, I'm 56. Where did this weight come from? Ugh... And, Sue from Mizzou. GO Tigers! My daughter and my money went there. We all had a great time ;-))

There are a couple of GROUPS on MFP that folks over 40 or 50 have started. One that I like to participate in is: 40/450+ but younger next year. Lots of support and an active group, in case anyone else is interested. Just go to the COMMUNITY tab, then choose "GROUPS" and search for it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/820-40-50-but-younger-next-year

Best wishes everyone!

Kim
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm 52--Today !!!! but "older" is not part of my vocabulary .:tongue:
    Happy Birthday!!!
  • Wintertexan97
    Wintertexan97 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP just a week ago. I love the website...I think all the support it offers is just what I need. I am a young 70...feeling only about 55 or so! I started a strength training and cardio program at the gym a month ago and am starting to see some results.

I am looking for friends for encouragement and support.
  • fish627
    fish627 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    56 here. Just joined this past week and off to a good start.
  • grammacarol1943
    grammacarol1943 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am 68
  • snetterv
    snetterv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am, I have been using this program since April, 19th 2012. I am 55 years old and weigh 175. So far I have lost 6lbs. I have been diligent and haven't gone above 1250 but 6 times. I joined a health club and did not work out any in May but have picked it up again. According to my BMR I should burn 1542 calories a day.So I shot for 1lb per week at 1250 calories.

SO WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT! I'me just so frustrated. So I have decided to join the community and I am older.
    Thanks,
    Stephanie
  • funpilot56
    funpilot56 Posts: 100
    Options
    57 and going on 25! Lost weight, increased exercise, sleep better and the heat doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Feels good to sweat again like I did in college and high school running cross country/track. Don't worry about the age thing.....just get off your butt and do something and watch the amount of food you eat at any one time.
  • Lynn625
    Lynn625 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and new to MyFitnessPal.
  • 608peg
    608peg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    64 here and looking for friends. Feel free to send a request. I have lost 22 lbs and almost at goal. Now need to keep it off and figure out all the numbers.
  • 608sol
    608sol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    65 here..have pacemaker and heart meds that make it hard to drop this weight. My wife and I are doing this together. Feel free to send a friend request. I have lost 15 so far with about 30-40 to go.
  • Jlconway3
    Jlconway3 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 51 and actually down 14# since Christmas. I'm working out again and getting fit. It just seems Ro take so long now

Joe
  • Vickilite
    Vickilite Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and was told in early May that I had "crossed the line" on my A1C and am a diabetic. But I'm not giving in to that without a fight. I've tried and lost weight many times, but this is war! Nearly everyone on my family older than I am (including my older brother and sister) have diabetes, as did my Mom and Grandma. I'm not willing to accept this for my future. Since the day I was diagnosed, I've lost close to 20 lbs (at least, on my home scale). I am following the eating guidelines given to me by my nutriionist. So far, so good. I swim 3 days/week (4 if I have time) and that's really helping. I have another 60 lbs. to lose and would love to "befriend" anyone else wanting to mutually inspire. I weigh myself once a week, on Sunday mornings.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in there, LOL
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am 55, been on here for 300 days, any planning on staying on here. the calorie counting has been a big help to me.