yep. I'm 54.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 but still behave like I'm 35 if that's any help :flowerforyou:
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 this year. You can add me if you like. I'm on a few times a day.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    :drinker: 51 here!
  • torreviejo
    torreviejo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 61, live in Cardiff Wales and have been on this site since March 2012.

Feel free to add me as I am on MFP every day.
  • Megd1010
    Megd1010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and on every day. Feel free to add me
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    53, feel free to add me as a friend, I am pretty motivated work out most everyday. Age is just a number! Not a state of mind!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    55 here - bring on the senior discounts baby!!! woo hoo!!! lol :laugh:
  • TigerStrong58
    Options
    lo13264 -- I've been where you are. At 35, I had my first child and went home from the hospital weighing 100 pounds. At 40, I weighed 112, and at 50 was 143. When I was 30 and couldn't gain weight, I never dreamed I could ever weigh nearly half again as much! Several times I started workout programs, but after a few months, life would intervene and I'd fall off the wagon. But last summer a switch flipped. I was swimming every day with a neighbor, and LOVED the feel of the water on my body . . . and then loved what started happening TO my body. Not wanting to lose these improvements after the pool closed for winter, I decided I needed to add another sport -- biking? But I knew that odds were, when the pool closed down and it was time to switch to biking, life would get in the way again. What I needed to do, I decided, was start the biking right away, overlapping the two sports, so when the pool closed, the biking would already be in my routine. So I called a (younger) friend who is an avid triathlete and asked her if she knew of a SMALL triathlon I could set as a goal. So in late July of 2011, I started training for the Rambling Rose Women's Triathlon: 250 meter swim, 9 mile bike ride, 2 mile run. (But I walked it because my knees have given me trouble for years)
    During active training, I lost 15 pounds, which may not sound like a lot, but on a 5'1" frame, it looks like a lot. I also discovered my knees were greatly improved! My workouts decreased significantly over the winter, but I managed to bike and walk enough to maintain the weight loss, and now I'm training again, preparing for the Rambling Rose again, and looking forward to seeing what kind of improvement I see in my times. But best of all, I suddenly realized the other day that I was running down our stairs! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? Even during the winter, with last season's workouts, I had to walk down the stairs slowly and carefully, leaning on the rail because my knees would hurt. Between the biking and the swimming, my knees are stronger and healthier. Just this week, I bought a new pair of running shoes, and am planning to run the 2 miles this year. Still, the body takes pounding during a run, so I'll continue to focus on the biking and swimming.
    OH, but in all this, I also rediscovered a great love from my younger years -- Mountain Biking!! LOVING it. I feel like I've come full circle -- from young and fit, to aging and unfit, to fit and the youngest I'll ever be. My husband complains a lot about 'getting old' and I keep reminding him he'll never be this young again. In ten years, we'll be looking back and WISHING we were 54 again. So ENJOY! (Oh, I'm hoping to lose another 15 pounds this training season, which will put me at 115-ish. That's 15 pounds more than my "normal" 100 pounds of my pre-40's, but at 54, I think 100 is TOO small. But even if I don't lose another pound, I'm happy with where I am.
  • annette0118
    Options
    i'm 69 and also new to this site...need LOTS of encouragement....or support..or motivation...
    well what i really need is to lose weight..and that's why i'm here
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and have been on here every day for well over a year. It has worked really well for me, initially for weight loss, but now I have fitness goals and am currently lifting using the New Rules of Lifting for Women book (and am approaching the end). New friends welcome.
  • MMB5222
    MMB5222 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    In the other thread I was rejected for being to old, and now, I am rejected because of my youth....:sad:
    NOBODY LIKES ME!
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im 47 in august i have rhemautoid arthriis , have had 2operations on in 07 on shoulder and foot surgery 12 th january this year and i struggle with exercise and weight alwaysbben on the bigger size myself bot want to lose it all agin i stopped amoking 1 year and 7 months ago as well x:bigsmile:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    In the other thread I was rejected for being to old, and now, I am rejected because of my youth....:sad:
    NOBODY LIKES ME!

Lol stop it already besides u got an older friend, me :):blushing:
  • judylawrie
    Options
    I'm on the down side of 50 - each year it's a little harder to lose the weight and inches. How are you doing with your goals
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    58 and healthier and more active than I've been in 30 years! I love MFP - although I don't really consider myself an "older folk" odder, maybe..... Hope people will add me if they'd like! I've on MFP for about 18 months
  • debidoo2
    debidoo2 Posts: 6
    Options
    Soon to be 59. Joined this past week. I have lost 80 pounds but am needing to lose more.
  • debidoo2
    debidoo2 Posts: 6
    Options
    My ticker reflects just the change since I joined myfitnesspal, not the past year