Older folks?

Options

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    In the other thread I was rejected for being to old, and now, I am rejected because of my youth....:sad:
    NOBODY LIKES ME!

Lol stop it already besides u got an older friend, me :):blushing:
    That'r right!
    Seriously folks - add me if you value straight talk and good support.
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 53.:drinker:
  • kathyjobuckner61
    kathyjobuckner61 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in December! No biggie, just another day ;-). I would love for you to add me as a friend and anyone else that would like to. We can all use some extra motivation!!
  • littleneck
    Options
    yes-I am 73,was overweight since I turned 40-used"old age" as excuse for obesity(I was 180-5'4'' tall) have lost 32 # so far-you can do this!! good luck.
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi ya'll!! Im 56. Doing well with weight loss. Born in Michigan. Lived in Missouri for 19 yrs now and love it!! But do miss the Great Lakes. Noticed others may be from here as well. Any one of you can add me as well if you need/want supportive friends.
  • rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    not very good at math but I think I qualify at 67
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Hit the 51 mark this year- and feelin' like I'm in my 30's NOW.

Although it's NOT been easy, I love encouraging *older folks* like us that even small changes/baby steps
    make a HUGE difference.
    Getting your health back- or at slowing down the aging process- does NOT always HAVE to include
    workouts @ the gym and nibbling on carrots sticks while your friends eat out.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Turned 65 just a couple or so weeks ago. Personally, I've run into SO many people over the age of 50 who truly believe they can't improve their health and fitness. Wrong - some of us are doing it all the time! In order to escape the depressing views of aging in general, we do have to take matters into our own hands and get beyond the cultural brainwashing. I've been pretty consistently exercising, and following various refinements in healthy eating since my mid and late 20s. The rewards for a healthy lifestyle really do manifest when one is older, with a striking difference in aging appearing between those who just go along the sedentary lifestyle plus the SAD(standard American diet of junk), and those who make a concerted effort to step outside of that.
    Currently, I just have those few post-menopausal pounds to lose and I know that tightening up a bit on my diet, will make a big difference, since I already have a solid fitness program in place.
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    I am 56 (and I was born in 56.)
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    How aout 76!! I just got finished running 4 miles!!
  • britborn52
    britborn52 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am 59 - would like for anyone to add me as a friend. :)
  • Semperfione
    Semperfione Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi there, I will be 61 in August. Where did those years go? And they never seem to slow down....anyone else agree with that one? Remember when in grade school we would look out the window and the time would just stand still? Not anymore. LOL
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 53! Anyone is free to add me.:smile:
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Tsk...just as I suspected. Lol...I clicked on this just to see what "Older folks" would be.

Ladies...and gents....NONE of you is what *I* would consider "older folks". I'm 40 and feel no older than 25 most days! :)

I agree, older to me is anything over 80! At 50- 60 we are in the prime of our lives, at least my head still thinks so...!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and have just managed to get down to the weight I was in my 20s and 30s - shame I can't get away with wearing clothes for someone about 25 years younger though!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I would say so! I am 65 but I don't feel OLD....I am down 36 lbs. and still plugging away! :)

Geez..I am old compared to all the post on here....This post has me in stitches laughing and smiling....
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    50 here. Does that make me an older folk? Not feeling it, but I guess I do fit the bill.
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    54 and determined to get better with age
  • derrickshunny
    derrickshunny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yep! 50 this yr. I am post menopausal and have a neuromuscular disease. The weight struggle is harder as we get older, as well as menopausal. I have no doubt the 50 and overs could give some great help and support.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    In the other thread I was rejected for being to old, and now, I am rejected because of my youth....:sad:
    NOBODY LIKES ME!

Lol stop it already besides u got an older friend, me :):blushing:

You didn't find me!